1. Bick

Bick New Member

Talk about your day.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bick, Jun 24, 2007.

Thought it'd be nice to have a board where people could talk about their day and all that interesting stuff.

So I've stopped having nightmares and actually slept through the night, yay. My aunt and I went shopping around the little stores around here. We spent about 3 hours in the various antique shops. I got myself an old book from the 1860's... I think x) It says so but it has a lot of dates on it.

the title says "Whittier" in the front, but it's called Poetical Works of John Greenleaf Whittier. I have no idea who he is but I really love old books and can't wait to start on it.

I also got a newspaper written during WorldWar I, got that mainly for my mum's boyfriend since he loves to read old newspapers.

1 person likes this.
  2. Raven

Raven Banned

Nothing much to tell today. Stayed in the whole day watched the wild with the kids it was kinda funny. Thats it for today. Chatted with some friends on msn. A boring Sunday.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Well, today I attended my graduation ceremony (I actually need three more credits befor my degree, BSIT, is official, but today was the ceremony). My mother and my son and daughter were in the audience.

Other than that, a pretty uneventful day :)

4. Myst

Myst Active Member

Due to enormous jetlag I had a sleepless night yesterday, but somehow I managed to get through the first day of the new term in school energetically and generally without fault.

Apparently some people died and made me leader, though, for I find myself surrounded in roles of a responsible nature.

Other than that, not much. I always find the day passes quickly when you have nothing much to do, which is strange because I thought boredom would lengthen the feeling of time.

5. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

Yesterday I went the Pets At Home so my sister could be a spoilt brat and get loads of things for her kittens she isn't getting until August. Then I went to KFC. Had a large Popcorn Chicken meal with a Tango IceBlast (Blue Raspberry).

Went to Ikea in Milton Keynes and witnessed more bratting. Go some storage boxes for my shelves so I can fit more things on them.

Came home and watched Grave Of The Fireflies. Cried. Went to bed.

Today I have done nothing since I got up... Went of a roleplay forum and posted an idea for a roleplay. Ate Hula Hoops for brekkie and now I'm going to make some coffee.

6. Frost

Frost Active Member

Jammed all day with the band.
    Whooooo!
    We rock. Video taped a few songs. Very nice.

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I threw up on my work shirt, changed and a nice friend of mine took me back home (I'm staying with my BF for a few days as per usual) so I could get another shirt, turned up at work, feeling pretty cruddy again and did stocktake in the afternoon while my body decided to ache like a bad thing. Ate some panadole stuff, went home, drove a bit and yeah. Chatting in the forum for a bit before playing my sims game!

8. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

hmm so far I have made pancakes, did some laundry, cleaned my house, wrote a poem for the weekly contest, and now I gotta get my daughter ready for preschool and then I am off to the gym.

9. Bick

Bick New Member

Just got back from my walk to find a resturaunt to eat at. I haven't seen the one I was looking for in a few years... and couldn't find it. I instead saw a path to get below the bridge that shakes and took a walk through the woods. I kept thinking I could hear chickens. Thought I was going nuts. Eventually I heard it really loud and walked towards the sound. To my surprise were two roosters, and a hen. They didn't mind me going near them, so I thought maybe they might have just ran away from home somehow. Though I was told by my mum that people put their roosters and hens in there. Though most were roosters.

10. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Hey mum! I brought dinner home! *holds up a chicken!* Sry. Had to do it!

I got up at three in the morning, still feeling really bad. Layed down on the lounge watching Ellen on Arena. Snoozed a bit then went back to bed after being sick.. again.... woke up, sick then shower, went back to bed then woke up around tenish feeling better. I watched a movie while eating breakfast, and now I'm on the computer feeling even more better... I mean, geez, I had the flu, fine for a week then I get something viral. probably. Heh, who knows, Torana might get a visiter if it doesn't go away!

11. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I explored the immediate neighbourhood of my hostel in Shanghai, found a good restaurant that serves decent pizza, grabbed two movies, and got heatstroke. Spent the rest of the day recovering.
    I'll probably watch the two movies tonight, unless someone else has better plans.

12. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

cool, but is it a pretty place?

13. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Today my english lit class went on an excusion to Curtin university to attend lectures on literary-what-not; mainly lectures on poetry like metaphysics and poets like T.S Eliot, analysis technique, exam technique, explanation of intertexuality, exploration of novels like The Haidmaid's Tale and Frankenstein ect.

It was somewhat interesting, it's a regional thing I believe, as there were many other schools attending the lectures also. What I liked the most was the university itself, it was massive but beautiful. My friend and I, upon arriving, nearly instantly got lost, it took us like fifteen minutes to find the right room and when we did we discovered that the doors were already locked as the lecture we wanted to see had already begun, lol. We were getting kinda bored of waiting outside that particular lecture theatre so we buggered off to another, which luckily were still letting people inside.

All in all it was good day and I'm short listing curtin was one of my uni ops.

14. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

had a hard day today, just school again but it has been hard. funny aswell for parts, me and a few girlfriends were looking up the lyrics to the shows we used to watch as toddlers, such as Tots TV and Blues Clues. we spent all of ICT annoying the lad who sits next to me 'cos we was crammed around my computer sining the words to 'em all :)
    Heather

15. Bick

Bick New Member

Omg that sounds totally awesome... accept the heat stroke. D= You allright?

16. Heather Louise

well, i am in the process of making my dads chilli. i just cut my bloody finger whilst trying to cut the oninion!! it hurtied. :cry:
    Heather

17. Heather Louise

well i'm off now, just about to serve my chilli and i am hoping that it tastes orytee, lol. i will inform you later on, maybe tomorrow for all of those who are remotly interested in my cooking nightmare. :p
    good evening for now everyone
    Heather

18. Sayso

Sayso New Member

Ah Heather! Go and get a plaster before you add any more flavour to the chilli. I love chilli by the way. What time are we eating?

My day - the usual boring cleaning and hanging around. Nobby arrived though which I'm pleased about. Just got to wait for it to be installed now though.

19. Heather Louise

haha. i have just finished eating about ten minutes ago and i am going to report back that it tastes like s**t. the meat was too dry as it was on too long to wait for the rice to cook, the rice tasted like plastic and the sauce was not spicey in the slightest. ok, perhaps this was aided by the fact i have a cold at the moment and i can tasta very little, but i didn't like it much. maybe next time it'll b better
    Heather

20. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Aww.. poor thing. I hate it when that happens. you put in all that hard work and want to make things perfect then BAM! Crappo! anyways.. did you just end up gettign take aways?!

Anyhoo. My day was work, more stocktake which was fun except if I see another pollywaffle I will scream. A dumbass beeped his horn at me while I walked across (I wrk at a service station so he wasn't going anywhere yet) So it gave me a bit of a head ache and I wanted to jump through his front window and throttle him..... ahem... I don't know why he beeped his horn, he gave me this sort of smirk. I don't like him much. :| and then I treid to see if my medicare cheques have cleared. they havn't and I waited under cover watching the wind and rain thump down around me, waiting for my mum to pick me up and take me back to my BF's. *Sigh* can't wait to get my full liscence!

21. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I'm having a fairly bad day at work after having accidentally deleted all my desktop items. I thought I was deleting a redundant shortcut on a shared drive, I was wrong.

Though at least my Ipod which died yesterday has had a touch of the Lazarus and can today keep me company!

22. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

23. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

'Bugga' indeed. That was the precise phrase I didn't use.

24. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

lol. I bet it wasn't! Well I hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow then! hope you get a chance to relax a bit!

25. Bick

Bick New Member

Rofl, that made me laugh =P Sounds like you had fun though.