Tavern's Lads & Girls Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

That's guys who don't break easy, right? Not guys who wear a rug? ;)

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Can't it be both? Perhaps they don't break easily because they wear a rug :p

3. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I've always wanted a nice bearskin rug. If its made properly you can wear one to. So would I count as rugged and be more attractive if I bought one next time I'm in Canada?

4. Banzai

Judging from what I've gleaned from reading this thread: yes, Dom. Yes you would :p

5. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Cogito-Guys in rugs might seem apealing but not my cup o' tea, I meant guys ho've had to struggle or stuff and didn't have everything cut out..life gave them difficulties...Atif Aslam for example....he's my dream guy...lol....

But or clean cuts-Christiano's not bad either.

And Banzai, thank me.....at least you don't have to read about pretty-eyed guys now-sheesh-you never know where that conversation can get to.

I think it's time someone opened a type thread-the kind for guys only and girls only....then guys get to discuss the type o girls they like-no interruption rom the girls-unless a sexist remark pops up-and vice-versa...what say? lol

6. lessa

lessa New Member

I love guys with long hair. I think it was the time I grew up in.
    girls wore short skirts and guys had long hair.
    Now I love a guy who is almost bald and that is ok too.
    When I was in school 2 brothers moved into town.
    one had platinum blonde hair to his waist
    his brother had blue black hair to his waist.
    The faces were not too bad either.
    My nickname at school was sir because my hair will not grow long
    and it was shorter than any of the guys.
    But yes long hair rules.

7. kissingtheshadows

kissingtheshadows New Member

Oh my god I would've died! Maybe not the black haired one, because for some reason I'm not into guys with black hair, but I love blond guys and brown haired guys.

But yeah I agree with that one person. Lets have a girls thread and a guys thread.

8. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

No way this is much more interesting.

And funny.

9. lessa

lessa New Member

yes Dom you now have an insight into the mother you never knew.

10. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

No unfortunately I already knew it.
    Why do you think I'm so scarred.:p

11. chapazz

chapazz New Member

Struggling

Maybe this isn't the time or place, but pretty much...
    I need serious help.

Ever been in a relationship?
    I'm in the best and worst one, and it blows sometimes.

12. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

One, I'm pretty sure this belongs in the Girls and Lads thread and two, I know exactly what you mean. I just recently got out of a relationship that was amazing, and yet at the same time a huge difficulty. One minute I'm loving it, the next minute I'm questioning why I ever wanted it. Maybe you could explain more details and we could help ya out if you need it. :)

13. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

relationships are hard work. Took years for me to get out of my last one and I avoided them like the plague after that. Now I'm in one of the most complicated relationships possible.

<and yes it does belong in the lads and girls thread>

14. chapazz

chapazz New Member

wasn't aware of the aforementioned Girls and Lads thread's existence.

but yes, whenever we're together i feel incredible. he holds me like a trophy, and he smiles with his entire face.
    i feel as if he simply doesn't love me like he used to, like he's forgotten the reasons he fell in love with me, or as if he is dulled by them.
    it really pains me, because i've never been more in love with him.

it is a struggle to get him to see me and when we're apart he doesn't attempt contact much. we've had problems in the past with his drug use, and he swore on his mother's grave that he would quit. he broke the swear 3 weeks later but i didn't find out until a month later (one week ago).
    i was crushed.
    he was the ONE person i trusted.
    we decided to work through it, and that he wouldn't change himself for me.
    so now he feels free to smoke pot everyday and tell me about it. which is nice, because he's being honest, but terrible, because i feel dwarfed by a silly drug.

i feel like crap in a toilet that keeps getting flushed but slipping up the pipes and resurfacing, erroneously thinking it's still wanted.

15. Banzai

I've moved the thread across into the Lads and Girls thread.

And my suggestion is that you tell him all this. Talk it through with him. If he knows that you aren't happy, then he'll either try and change for you, or he won't. In the end, what you have to weigh up, is whether or not the good times make the bad ones worth it.

16. lessa

lessa New Member

Chapaz this line says it all for me.

he holds me like a trophy, and he smiles with his entire face.
    i feel as if he simply doesn't love me like he used to, like he's forgotten the reasons he fell in love with me, or as if he is dulled by them.

he holds me like a trophy.
    maybe that is what you are to him.
    he won you and now he just holds on to show what he can do.
    Not a good thing in a love relationship.

You do not need or want to be a trophy pulled out when people are around
    for him to impress.
    You want and need to be wanted all the time for who you are. Not pulled off
    the shelf and dusted off every week or so.

If he broke the promise of quitting the pot then he really doesn't care for your
    thoughts or feelings.
    I know addiction is hard to stop but if he can't quit he should have been honest.

Little things add up to big things that can really do damage.
    either talk to him or go on as you are or better yet let him see that you do have
    thoughts feelings and things others like about you.
    that may change him but I really don't think it will.

17. Night

Night New Member

I would talk to him and tell him that he's hurting you. I can almost assure you that the reason you feel like the love between you two is dead is because of the drugs and the lies that once existed. I think you need to ask that he quit, and if he refuses, then I would suggest ending the relationship until he does. I know, you might be thinking "But I love him. . . " and that the idea sounds insane and extremely painful but sacrificing your emotions to hold a relationship together is not worth even more pain if the guy won't give up a little himself. Love, at least in my opinion, is sacrifice. It involves giving up certain things so that you can make the person you love happy, because you love them and you want them to be happy. If he isn't willing to give up the drugs and make you the center of his life instead, then I just don't think he's worth keeping around. However, you could say that if he changes his mind and wants to give up the drugs, have him give you a call.

Since I just noticed this thread, I have a question. Have you ever been in a relationship where you KNOW that you're messing up and that you know that everything is going to end in heartbreak, but you still keep on going anyway? You might receive warnings from other friends and family and everything, but you're just so caught up that you ignore them? And then when the relationship ends and you look back a year later, you feel so ignorant. . .

18. Maxie Boi

Maxie Boi New Member

Can't say that I have...of course I'm a bumbling idiot with the opposite sex. =D

Anywho, what do you do when the girl you like has the reputation as the fast girl, and she doesn't know I like her, at least I don't think she does. So, she goes to hang out with her ex's that she still has feelings for, and I have to keep hearing about it, which does get disheartening. What should I do, just come out and say, "I like you." (Of course a little more romantic than that but you get the point.)

Then, one more, this girl is with one of her ex's and she comes to me crying, and I mean crying like can't stand because she is too physically weak crying, because he tried to touch her while they were watching a movie, so I comforted her in a McDonald's parking lot, but I am sure I should wait before trying to get close with her, not physically just like a date, but how long?

19. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

It all depends man. Just coming out with telling her can be a 50/50 depending on the situation. Show confidence in yourself though, that might sway her in your favor. As for the other girl, I'd say hold off for a while. You might want to give her time to heal. Unless, that is, she needs someone. Then now may be a better time then any. It's just all up to you and how you handle yourself. Best of luck!

20. alanmt

alanmt New Member

it's all; coming back to me now

21. Banzai

Still like who? :confused:

22. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Hey guys. Um, I don't know if this counts as a problem, but it's a little weird...

So I've got this friend who wants to hook me up with this guy - her boyfriend's friend, I think. She says we're a lot alike and we'll get along really well and all that. I was supposed to meet him at her birthday party, but the whole time he was there, the guy was sitting in the corner next to the door, so I couldn't get close enough to talk to him or anything. He probably took one look at me and thought "oh, hell no" and avoided me on purpose, 'cause I did happen to look crappier than usual and I was being kind of a spaz. But now my friend's telling me he's "still interested", and she's arranged for us to go on a double-date with her and her boyfriend this weekend.

I'm so nervous! I've never been on any kind of "date" before, and I know I'm gonna end up making an idiot of myself. But I'm pretty sure my friend really wants to set this guy up with someone, because she's tried two of my other friends, and he wasn't interested. And who knows, maybe I'll make a new friend. But I doubt it.

So what do you guys think? Should I try to talk my way out of it, or should I just suck it up and go?

If anyone actually read this, I'm sorry I wasted your time with my teen angst crap. About two minutes of your life are gone, and you'll never get 'em back. It's just that none of my friends have ever had any boyfriends or anything, so I don't really have anyone to ask. Sorry!

23. Banzai

Don't apologise for asking, Mousie.

Personally, I'd say what's the worst that can happen? Go into it as a new experience, not necessarily as a date, but as a chance to make a new friend. Be careful not to be presured into anything by your friend (who clearly wants another couple around, regardless of whether you want to), but that's not to say you can't have a good time.

24. Alone And Tired

Alone And Tired New Member

Hey, I thought I would get this out.
    Okay, to set the scene, I'm not the most confident of guys. By that I mean I have very little confidence... but I tend not to show it. I like this girl but she's a friend of mine and has been for a while. We would talk often enough and we get along well. The problem is I semi-dated her once. Yes, I know that sounds stupid. It was maybe about 9 months ago and I was told she liked me and I liked her so we started going places in groups (not officially) and one night she took me a walk with her and then kissed me (she made the move) and the next day told me I was a rebound. I felt pretty screwed over.
    The thing is I am not bothered about it any more. I am, however, unsure of my chances.
    Just wondering, does anyone see this situation as doomed to fail or anything like that? And is there any way I could sort of judge whether or not I should make a move?
    Thanks a lot to anyone that answers :)

25. DontThinkJustWRITE

DontThinkJustWRITE New Member

I'd say that you when you ask her to dance, explain what happened with the rumor, tell her you like her, then ask her out before you dance! Also, are there any signs other than she agreed to her dancing with you? If not, I wouldn't say anything, but if there are, I would then.