That Moment...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewdog, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

TMW you can't decide on whether to ask an awkward question or not. One part of you is curious, but another part is afraid of what the answer might be.

My curiosity has screwed me over a number of times before, so with that track record, maybe I should just leave well alone. Though knowing me, I probably won't. :rolleyes:

Some Guy, Cave Troll and Kinzvlle like this.
  2. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

TMW you bend down to pick up a rag at work and end up slamming your head against your vacuum and now have a bump on you`r head.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Ouchy!

4. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

TMW the unemployment page says "If you did not earn $3,366 from your separating employer, please complete this page with information regarding your second to last employer, if any." IF ANY....and then doesn`t let you skip the page even though there is no any.

5. Vaughan Quincey

Vaughan Quincey Active Member

Currently Reading::
    JG Ballard - Concrete Island
    TMW you give up, then watch an incredibly old, cheesy, cop tv series, and decide afterwards to postpone your giving up task.
    TMW you open the mailbox, watch the empty space for a whole minute, realize things / humans won't ever change, and then climb seven flights of stairs because the lift is broken (again). Dealing with the fact it'll be broken for at least a full week, never mind the sick, disabled and aged living here (I've offered already help with the groceries, no one has taken it)
    TMW you plan to finish watching the cheesy, cop tv series instead of writing, trying to avoid... Something, most probably just the task of dealing with writing.

6. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Telemachus Sneezed
    TMW Tokyo is under voluntary semi-shutdown and it starts snowing in late March.

(note: I live in Osaka, about 5ookm south-west of there. Nothing weird here)

Not my vid, but taken today:

7. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

TMW the site went down for you yesterday for reasons unknown and you begin to feel with the withdrawal.

8. Vaughan Quincey

Vaughan Quincey Active Member

JG Ballard - Concrete Island
    These days we've got it easier to become hooked to online resources. I don't think they are going anywhere, it must have been just a glitch. Networks are in general saturated, everyone is online now!
    We can try to give them a (well deserved) break, and keep it as civil/friendly as we can.
    Hard not to miss a site like this though, I agree...

PS: And I'm sure right now any Donations would be very much appreciated.

Some Guy likes this.
  9. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

That moment when you want to take a photo for a blog post and you have to look like such a pretentious asshole to do it.

10. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Like for an author's bio pic? Embrace the douchery, says I.

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  11. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

Nope. It was for a food blog post. Which makes me sound even more pretentious, haha

[​IMG]

Some Guy, EFMingo and Cave Troll like this.
  12. Homer Potvin

Oof, that's even douchey-er (douchier?). I've punched a food blogger or two out in my day, figuratively speaking. Best to go all the way over the top on that one.

13. Dogberry's Watch

Does it help if I say I try to be the least conspicuous food blogger? I don't photograph my food when I go out to eat. I just eat it and stare like a creeper at the people I'm with.

Some Guy, Homer Potvin and Cave Troll like this.
  14. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

That's much better. Those food bloggers usually slow business's down to a crawl with all the photography and burned up time. Good on you.

15. Homer Potvin

Don't get me started on that. The worst is when they want me to hold if for them while they take the picture. Or they want to me to get shots of them eating it from various angles. I've gotten over it in recent years, but when it first started I was not nearly as amenable as I am now. Whatever. They're paying for it... and I'm taking their money.

16. Some Guy

that's very un-douchey of you :D

17. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

TMW you realize you were ahead of the curve.

plot taken from my personal journal, written back in January:
    Story: firebomb

Premise: there is a virus infecting the world. To keep it under control all boarders are closed. No airplanes can fly, no boats. Movement has been blocked. Borders are militarized. People are killed if they try to breach. The screening program is lengthy because they test your susceptibility and latent symptoms. Focuses on 3 people: 1 person is trying to flee from New York to go west because the city had been firebombed after the virus spread out of control. Another person is trying to go north and goes through the screening process that turns out they are experimenting on people for a cure. The last person, along with others, gets onto a boat to sail away but are picked up by the coastguard.

18. flawed personality

TMW you really wish you did have a console, so you could spend hours playing fallout and fallout shelter. :(

Cave Troll likes this.
  19. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Do you have Steam on PC? The entire series and Fallout: Shelter is there.

Some Guy likes this.
  20. flawed personality

No. My laptop died a while back, and I have yet to replace it.

21. GrahamLewis

GrahamLewis Seeking the bigger self Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

an oasis of PC midst right-wing extremism
    Zen Flesh, Zen Bones
    TMW I realized I don't understand women at all. Wife was looking out the window and saw the male and female cardinal who hang around our feeder. The male picked up a seed, flew over to the female, and transferred it from his mouth to hers. Wife said I'd never do anything like that for her. So I tried to but she got all grossed out and spit it out. To quote P.G. Wodehouse, "Women! What a sex!"

love to read, Some Guy and Hammer like this.
  22. Some Guy

There are no women. There is a woman. They have nothing in common other than to bond intrinsically.
    Men can stand in solidarity, but it usually means someone is going to die.

23. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    TMW you're cruising pinterest and find a pin that reminds you of @Homer Potvin . :p
    [​IMG]

24. Homer Potvin

Color is wrong, too. Manhattans are brown. That appears to be a martini. And the dude in the foreground seems to have an eyeball for a garnish, which is pretty cool. And there's a piece of pie on the middle barstool, which it totally unsanitary.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  25. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Telemachus Sneezed
    Speaking of garnish, I know you probably go through bushels of fruit at the bar every day when you're open, but do you have any suggestions for saving orange and lemon peels for twists and such? One piece of fruit has got more peel on it than I need for myself for an evening, and I don't drink "fancy" stuff (i.e. not out of a can) at home often enough to keep citrus in the fridge on the regular. Peel and freeze maybe, or would that mess with the oils?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.