1. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

The Alphabet Story!

Discussion in 'Word games' started by spklvr, Mar 8, 2011.

Based slightly on the Whose Line game: 90 second Alphabet. We won't be doing this in 90 seconds, obviously. This might count as a RPG, but I think it fits better here, as the storyline isn't that important.

We are given a setting and 3-5 characters to play. You can only be one character in each post, but you are not restricted to one character a game. You have to let at least two people post before you post again (unless it's going really slow).

Each person must start what they say with the next letter in the alphabet. The story ends when we have gone all the way around. You can start the next story with whatever letter you want. If a story starts with a T, it ends with a T.

Every person can write up to five sentences (not a strict rule, just don't hog the story). Only the first letter counts. The rest of the sentences you write can be what you want, and the next person has to continue.

Example:

Setting: You're on a large merchant ship about to set sail.
    Characters:
    The Captain
    The Cook
    A guy named Steve

Player 1: Captain: All aboard! We are going to set sail!

Player 2: Steve: Boy, this is fun! I have always wanted to be on a ship. What do you want me to do?

Player 3: Cook: Could you help me, perhaps. *Yells* Go peel the potatoes!”

Player 4: Steve: Darn it, that doesn't sound like fun. *Folds arms and mopes*

Player 5: Captain: Eat your heart out, matey! That's just one of the things you have to do around here.

And so on... Try to be funny. Don't be too specific when you make up the setting and characters. Don't think too much about plot or grammar.

2. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

I'll start the first round :)
    Let's hope people will find this fun.

Setting: You have just shipwrecked on a deserted island.
    Characters:
    Jack, a sexy construction worker
    Diana, an unknown actress
    Patrick, a gay guy
    Javahi, a native of the island

Jack: Don't worry guys! I will build us a nice shelter. All I need is a saw, a hammer, some nails and a septic tank... *Scratches chin*

3. Anonym

Anonym New Member

Patrick: Everything like that is sunk! Perhaps Javahi here may know something about making shelter without man-made conveniences.

4. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

Jack For crying out loud! How about I'll build a shelter while you guys call for help? That way, if we don't get any help, we would have a plan B to stay in the shelter in case it rains.

5. Anonym

Anonym New Member

Patrick: Grab that conch shell there - we might be able to use it as a horn and get someone's attention!
    Jack: He's got a good idea, but who knows who or what else is on this island... we might not want to announce our arrival to the world. Javahi?
    Javahi: Island jungle have big anmals. Dangerous. But my people have home by river. Safe there. I take you.
    Diana: Javahi! You're a life-saver!! Sounds good to me. What do you guys think? Follow him or try to build shelter?

6. Matthew Simon Ali Mc

Matthew Simon Ali Mc New Member

Paddy: Koons!

7. Arathald

Arathald New Member

Diana: (under her breath) Loopy bastard...
    Alright, let's take a vote. Everyone who wants to follow Javoopy or whatever his name is, say 'aye'.

8. Matthew Simon Ali Mc

Matthew Simon Ali Mc New Member

Jack: Maybe that's not such a great idea. that rat bastard has stolen our life boat an got half way out to sea!