1. Raven

Raven Banned

The Armour Of Contempt

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Raven, Dec 5, 2007.

I've just finished reading this book.

[​IMG]
    Tenth novel in the SF battle series is now available in paperback.

The Imperial crusade, including Gaunt’s Ghosts, are sent back to the planet Gereon to join forces with the Imperial defenders and liberate the planet from Chaos. However, the brutality of the ‘liberation’ pitches Gaunt into opposition with his commanders, who believe victory must be achieved at any price, no matter how cruel.

I was pleasantly surprised by the story Dan Abnett potrays his characters in a way you start rooting for them.

I just love the way he describes scenery and sets the theme from start to finish

I've read about 14 books this year and if I had to place that from 1 -14 1 been the best and 14 the worst. I would happily place this as number 5 But the Dan Abnett is a renowned author and after reading this Its easily to see why.

The story is set in the 40,000 universe created by games workshop and potrays that battlefield very well in-fact it engrosses you in that battlefield.

If you like warhammer 40,000 I strongly recommend this book. If you don't know much about the world well its still a good read and you need not know anything about the warhammer 40,000 universe to read the story its a good stand alone.

2. lessa

lessa New Member

I love the cover but I don't think it is my type of reading.