The Atlantians

Discussion in 'Archive' started by naturemage, May 25, 2012.

1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Dara White w/ Alica Jennings

"Dave. A guy I had a crush on. I think I just saw him killed."

The tone of Alica’s voice made chills crawl up Dara’s spine. It wasn’t often that she felt this way, but she was rattled by the turn of events. Dara stood in silence, taking a deep breath of New Atlantis’ smog filled air. When she watched Alica, shaking and her eyes watering, she saw the sweet 7 year old she had met years ago. All of the fun times they had shared together returned to the front of her mind, where had the time gone?

Dara’s heart swelled with a sudden realization, her and Alica running into each other was no coincidence. The reason was big; one that only they knew about. They couldn’t just stand here and cry, watching the world carry on, while a murderer prowled in the pure daylight.

As Dara dried her tears, her face grew serious.

“Ok, Alica. I understand that this is upsetting, but could you give me some more details? Did you see the murderer; where it took place? Anything significant?”

Alica shook her head trying to remember details. "There was this man. He had white eyes and his body looked like it was made of shadows. He just stuck his hand right through Dave's chest...how could someone do that?" Alica was thoroughly freaked. She had never seen someone killed before...much less by a villain who didn't even seem human.

"What else? Do you know where?"

"At the corner of 4th and Talon. Apartment 12," She paused as her mind suddenly grasped what her childhood friend was implying, "Wait...you don't actually want to go there! What if the villain is still there? What if he kills US!? We should just call the police...and let them handle it."

"What are you going to tell them? You had a vision of someone being killed at this specific address. They wouldn't believe you. C'mon, we're the only ones who know where someone was killed and what that murderer looks like."

Alica hesitated. Dara was the one always climbing trees, jumping from heights, swimming in deep dark water holes and looking for the next adventure. Alica was the one who watched Dara do all those things and secretly wish she had the guts to do it. Now she had her chance. To get justice for the guy she briefly had a crush on. To do something heroic like the superheroes she loved. Maybe there was a reason to these horrible 'visions' after all.

Dara continued, "Please, Alica. I need to get my mind off of what just happened. We'll just stumble into the apartment, find evidence, THEN call the police. Ok?"

Alica suffered a small smile. "Fine. You win. But you have to drive and tell me about this Draco person."

"Drive? Girl, we're going to do this the easy way!" Dara grinned, reaching for Alica's hand.

2. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Monsoon

Monsoon was disappointed to see the wacko had gotten away. He had intended on asking a few questions, hopefully capturing the man. But, with someone who played games with mirrors and reflections, Monsoon knew it wasn't going to be easy. The very fact that he had used all their powers against them meant the city was in grave danger. The thing that baffled him was shared by the female hero that had manipulated the gravity and the cars.

"It was the strangest thing. He didn't harm anyone, only the mirrors."

That was strange. He didn't intend to harm anyone. The mirror man, Reflect, if Monsoon remembered correctly, had lunged at him, but other than that, he hadn't tried to hurt anyone. Monsoon and the woman, Shoshanna, had been disabled, and DaVinci had also been stopped by his own power, but no harm had come of them. He hadn't even tried to hurt the police, which, as Monsoon had thought along with Shoshanna, had been a possibility, what with all the bullets flying.

Monsoon looked around, hoping he'd catch a glimpse of the man, perhaps hiding in the crowd somewhere, but he didn't see him. The woman had said something about luck and mirrors, but Monsoon hadn't been paying attention. "Well, perhaps we can find him somewhere else. We'll keep an eye on things." He looked to Shoshanna, who was fiddling with something around her neck. "I see you're under someone's control. Perhaps I could remove that for you, in exchange for joining forces?"

He turned to the other hero, DaVinci. "Would you like to join me as well? I am beginning a force of superheroes to protect New Atlantis. And I need some additional skills."

3. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

DaVinci

DaVinci stood there, frustrated that his glue gun had been turned on him. He hadn't seen it come at him, but apparently this Reflect character didn't need visuals to reflect a power. It was no matter. He would bring him down somehow. If he could reflect powers, DaVinci would figure out a glitch to it. After all, vampires were immune to mirrors. He smiled at the thought. Vampires... yeah.

"It seems the suspect has eluded us. It is probably for the best." The best? How it was a good thing was beyond him. A nutcase like that on the loose? Not a good thing in his book.

"It was the strangest thing. He didn't harm anyone, only the mirrors." Yes... just the mirrors. Of course, it seemed that his powers derived from them, but destroying them would be counterproductive to producing the effects he had used. So, perhaps the mirrors led somewhere. And it would have to be mirrors specifically, since he had managed to use his reflection off of a squad car window. Mirrors were the key.

"Wherever he is, he has taken several hundred years of bad luck with him." Ah yes... and the ever popular pun at the end of a speech. DaVinci couldn't help but smile a bit.

So, mirrors were the key. The man, Reflect, hated them. DaVinci was surprised he hadn't freaked out at the side mirrors on the cars. But then again, he could have disappeared just after Galatea had set the first car down. Speaking of...

She walked over and shook DaVinci's hand. "You should probably leave, before they decide to take you in for questioning, or worse, motioning to the cops. She then smiled at him.

“You should visit me sometime,” she said kindly. “I mean... if you have time... I don't wish to impose. It's just that no one ever visits.”

He blushed, hidden by his mask. Maybe this woman wasn't so bad. Perhaps he would visit her. She was attractive. But, she was under the control of the police, for some reason. He'd have to do a little digging first. He was lost in thought when the other man, Monsoon he called himself, turned to him.

"Would you like to join me as well? I am beginning a force of superheroes to protect New Atlantis. And I need some additional skills."

4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Alica Jennings

Alica staggered around dramatically as she tried to her head to stop spinning. They had finally reached the apartment complex and the ride had threatened to empty Alica's stomach. The moment Dara grabbed her hand she wished she had her license. Dara had pulled them onto a moving truck, swung them across two or three very tall roofs, stuck them to the side of a horse trailer and finally jumped off the moving vehicle with Alica using Dara as a landing pad. Dara remained seated on the ground breathing heavily her forehead covered in sweat; but large smile made her look as if she could do the same thing for days on end. "Girl." Alica teased, "Next time we are taking a taxi or I am going to throw up all over you." Dara and Alica laughed light-heartedly. Inside Alica was amazed Dara's strength. Carrying herself and another person across cars and buildings couldn't have been easy. Alica secretly wished she had powers like her. Then she'd be usefull. But no. She instead had useless and sometimes embarrassing visions of random people.

"All right. You said Apartment 12. Lets go check it out." Dara stood and walked inside the apartment complex. Alica didn't have much of a choice but to follow. They walked down a lightly lit hallway towards apartment 12. Right at the end. Images of what she had seen flashed through her head like a bad horror movie. The door was cracked open slightly with sunlight shining through. De-jevu. I hope there is no killer still in there waiting for his next victim. With a slight hesitation Dara pushed open the door with her shirt sleeve covering her hand. Good idea. Don't leave dna to lead the cops to us. Dara let out a sight gasp after looking behind the door and her eyes filled with anquish. Alica pushed past her being carefull to keep her gaze away from the body.

The apartment was small, tidy. There was a love seat and TV in the corner, a small kitchenett to her right and a room with a bed and closet to her left. There was also the chair and ropes she had seen in her vision lying in the middle of the floor. Alica went into the bedroom and looked in the closet. She saw normal person clothes, and a colorful suit that seemed to sparkle even when there was very little light shining on it.

"Dara! My vision was right. This guy was one of the superheroes."

"How do you know?" She asked, coming into the room. Alica pointed at the suit and Dara's eyes widened.

"So, it's probably not a coincidence that the villian chose this guy to kill." Dara noted.

"The villian called himself Bellphim. He said he was giving Dave's powers to the girl he used to lure Dave in with."

"Did the villian say her name by chance."

"Sarah, daughter of Solaris, another superhero,...I think." Alica said sadly. "She called Bellphim 'master'. I think she was hypnotized. Her eyes were...strange."

They stared at the suit in silence for a few more minutes before Alica asked, "Can we call the police now?" Dara swallowed and nodded. "Yeah, I think that would be best."

5. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Shoshanna Underwood (Galatea)

"Well, perhaps we can find him somewhere else. We'll keep an eye on things," Monsoon said. "I see you're under someone's control. Perhaps I could remove that for you, in exchange for joining forces?"

Shoshanna slowly shook her head. That would be a bad idea, with all the police watching them. They might see her as a threat. She wanted to get rid of this thing, but it had to be done discretely. Not to mention there were failsafes in place to ensure she paid dearly if she tried to break the device. Ripping it off wasn’t an option. It required an expert’s attention and would take time.

Before she could reply, Monsoon turned to DaVinci: "Would you like to join me as well? I am beginning a force of superheroes to protect New Atlantis. And I need some additional skills."

He was gathering a team of superheroes? If ever there was a chance to redeem herself, this was it. She thought working for the New Atlantis police would give her that chance. But, after ten years with them, they still treated her like a slave and rarely gave her the chance to do any real good. This arrangement isn’t working out.

“I would be delighted to join you,” Shoshanna said warmly, “but I have a previous engagement that must be honored.” She tapped a single finger on the collar. Or, at the least, I must appear to honor it, she thought.

She wanted to keep the collar, but ensure it could never be used it to harm her. That way, everyone was happy. The police would still think she was under control and she would be able to live without fear of them. At least until someone pushed the button and realized it was all a sham...

Her blue gaze shifted to DaVinci. “Leonardo DaVinci was both an artist and one of the greatest thinkers of his time. How interesting that you should choose his name. I suspect you know your way around computers and… devices?” She winked. “I would really appreciate it if you paid me a visit, sir,” she was practically begging now and didn’t care if she sounded desperate or if he thought she was flirting with him. He could think whatever he wanted, so long as he showed up. “How does tomorrow morning sound? I’ll be at Pleasant Acres. It’s easy enough to find.”

“Hey!!” someone yelled. Shoshanna didn’t even have to look back to know it was Thompson’s voice. “Get them!! Don’t let them get away!! Shoot men!! Open fire!!” The cops raised their guns.

“Don’t shoot!!” Shoshanna said. “I’ll stop them myself!! Halt villains!! You shall not escape!!” She raised her hands, as if using her powers to pin them down, but was only pretending. “You should go,” she whispered to her friends. “Hurry. You know where to find me.”

6. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

DaVinci featuring Monsoon

"Halt villains! You shall not escape!"

To DaVinci, it was a simple plan. Something that he may have thought out at some point. In fact, the only problem with it was that now he and Monsoon might be considered villains.

There shall be time to redeem ourselves, he thought. What with this band of superheroes being brought together. We'll make a team, I'm sure.

Shoshanna lifted her hands as though to use her powers. DaVinci and Monsoon both knew it was a sham. DaVinci whipped out a small paintbrush from his belt, lifting it into the air in a large stroke. Paint burst everywhere, splashing this way and that, all over walls and cars, even some on Shoshanna herself. To him, it was just a bunch of paint going everywhere. But to everyone else, even Shoshanna, it would appear as if he had exploded into hundreds of globs of paint. It was a good disguise, especially after commanding his brush to make him invisible as well. But, he had to hurry. The invisible paint only lasted for a few minutes. He'd have to get out of sight and out of costume soon.

Aside of him, Monsoon dropped to the ground in a splashing puddle, and lay there. DaVinci didn't see him move at all, and steam started moving up into the air. It would be long before the water all evaporated, though DaVinci hoped he would be ok. Could Monsoon actually evaporate? Or was he really hurt?

Hoping for the best, DaVinci left the area and got through part of the city before disappearing down an alley, or, reappearing anyway. The invisible paint wore off just as he turned the corner. Carefully, he took off his suit, his regular clothing still underneath. He folded it up carefully, ensuring each fold was properly done, and then tucked it under his arm and walked back towards the street. To anyone else, it would simply appear as a painting with blotches of different color. Though, in costume, it just appeared as random drops of paint, there were a series of black lines on the costume that, when folded properly, appeared to be a frame. Mona had fixed that for him, so it wouldn't look as though he was carrying DaVinci's costume all over the place.

A bit of rain began to fall, and George put his costume over his head for an umbrella. He looked up, noticing such a small rain cloud, it was like on of those from cartoons that followed a particular character around.

"Impressive," he said.

Monsoon formed up in front of him a moment later. "Thank you. Do you need this," he asked, forming a bit of water in his hand. A few drops of red paint were contained within.

He smiled. "No, I do not. Sorry about that."

Monsoon threw the paint aside, splashing it on a garbage can. "So, Shoshanna wants us to rescue her then?"

"It should seem that way. Perhaps you'd like to come to my place, and we can figure out a plan."

Monsoon put a hand on his shoulder. "You seem quite clever. I do believe you'll be a valuable asset to our superhero team." Monsoon began walking back down the alley, standing over a manhole cover. "I shall meet you at your place."

George nodded, telling him the address. With that, Monsoon disperse into water, disappearing down the holes in the cover.

7. AnonyMouse

Shoshanna Underwood (Galatea)

The police officers closed in around her. DaVinci and Monsoon had escaped. The latter melted away and evaporated, while the former had exploded into a burst of colorful paint.

I would have appreciated a warning, Shoshanna thought, covered in multi-colored droplets. She had managed to shield her face, but the rest of her outfit was every color but what it should be.

Chief Thompson approached her. “You let them get away,” he snarled.

“I’m sorry, sir. They were just too clever for me,” Shoshanna replied. He had always called her a dumb broad and a stupid bimbo. Perhaps it was time she took advantage of that. “It all happened so fast, sir. I was confused,” she said.

Thompson turned to his men. “Fan out and see if they’re nearby! I want a one-block perimeter, NOW.”

“Shall I assist in the search?” Shoshanna asked. She already knew he'd say 'no.' She wouldn't have asked if she thought he'd let her.

He ignored her. “Cooke, get your ass over here!!” The young rookie cop who had brought her to the crime scene came hustling over and presented himself before Chief Thompson. “Get Underwood back where she belongs. I think she’s screwed up enough for one day,” the Chief said.

“Shouldn’t I go down to the station to give my account of today’s events?” Shoshanna said with a warm smile. “I would be glad to-”

“Shut the hell up, Underwood. If your brain was as big as your tits, they'd have never gotten away!!!!!! I’ll write my own damned report,” Thompson snapped, “and I’ll be sure to mention how you disobeyed orders, damaged police property, and let three supers slip away!!!! Days like this I wonder why the hell we even bother letting you out!!”

As do I, she thought as she calmly followed Officer Cooke to the police cruiser. He opened the back door, like a true gentleman, but Shoshanna slowly shook her head.

“I think I’ll have the front seat this time, thank you,” she said pleasantly.

They rode in silence all the way back to Pleasant Acres, where Officer Cooke checked her in, the same as he’d signed her out. He said goodbye and apologized for Thompson. He was a good man.

With a disappointed sigh, Shoshanna went straight to her room to rid herself of the paint-splattered costume.

8. Yoshi<3

Yoshi<3 New Member

Stacy

Stacy continued working on the body long after Piper had left. She was still waiting on the toxicology labs, but knew she would have the report first thing in the morning. In the course of her examination Stacy found some findings. The victim has pierced ears, and yet there was no earrings on the body. Also there were tan lines on the victim’s fingers as though she wore rings, but again the body was void of jewelry. Of course there wouldn’t be some items that would have led to some type of recognition, or identification...Stacy thought to herself. Thankfully her examination wasn’t a complete waste. Stacy was able to find some dental work that had been performed that would hopefully lead to an id…however she had to wait again on the computers.

Sighing Stacy got up from the table and pushed the body into the vault where it would stay until the following day. I hope that Dale has information for me tomorrow, otherwise I am going to have to “pull some more strings” as he calls it. Prior to leaving Stacy always made sure that everything was put away, and the computer was locked away for safe keeping. There was little room for trust in Stacy’s mind and she didn’t like to take chances when there wasn’t a need.

Looking back into the room as she left, Stacy found herself satisfied with how it looked. Making sure she had her duffel bag with her, she locked the door and headed for the showers. Nothing like a nice hot shower to wash the day’s grime away. I’ll take a quick shower and then grab a bite to eat because I can’t remember the last time I ate…then home, oh to go home…if only for a few hours. Stacy grimaced as she glanced at her watch and saw how late it was. Ok, a really quick shower….

9. AnonyMouse

Shoshanna Underwood

Pleasant Acres Mental Hospital was a large building, six stories tall. The layout was in the shape of a cross, divided into four sections.

There was the maximum-security D-Wing, where the hospital’s most dangerous patients were located. These were deranged individuals who had lost their sanity for one reason or another and were held behind bars, more like a prison than a hospital.

Next was C-Wing, which was also reserved for dangerous patients, but not of the criminal variety. There were violent schizophrenics and people who were prone to sudden fits of rage, but nothing too severe. They were allowed some degree of freedom, but kept under close supervision.

And then there was B-Wing, which was mostly rehabilitation for addicts or those recovering from brain trauma. It was the section of the hospital that was most like a hospital. Most of the patients there didn’t stay long; they checked in, stayed a few weeks or months until they were cured, and then left.

Last of all was A-Wing, the largest section of Pleasant Acres, where the people who were “just a little crazy” were kept. There was a woman there who had major panic attacks every time she saw the color yellow. There was a man there who hated parallel lines so much that he would go around moving chairs, tables, and pictures, so nothing was in perfect alignment. There was an old woman there who swore she could see sounds; she would shut her eyes and whimper every time the room got too noisy.

There were a lot of strange individuals in A-Wing. There was also one superhero there, though no one could figure out why. She seemed very normal. Shoshanna enjoyed many freedoms on A-Wing. The nurses and doctors trusted and liked her. She was always looking for ways to help and, when there was nothing to be done, she kept to herself and bothered no one.

Shoshanna was often the first on the scene when Mrs. Wagner had another panic attack. “There, there, Janice. It’s just a banana. It won’t hurt you,” she would say in a motherly tone as the nurses carried off the offending yellow fruit. And when Mr. Keller tampered with every piece of furniture in a room, Shoshanna was often the first to set it right again. She had even given Mrs. Harper a pair of noise-canceling headphones last Christmas and the woman seemed to be doing much better now.

But, no matter how much good she did, they just wouldn’t let her go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoshanna drilled another fist into the punching bag of the hospital’s recreation room. She had been here for ten years and never touched the punching bag until now. Her exercise usually consisted of a jog through the garden or a few sit-ups in her room. Simulated violence wasn’t really her thing. She wore a white sports bra, black tights, and tennis shoes, as she delivered another right hook and a stiff left jab to the sack of sand. Her long hair was tied back by a white band.

“You hit like a girl,” someone said from the door. She glanced back and found Dr. Lawson watching with a devilish grin.

“I hit like a woman,” Shoshanna corrected and went on ignoring him.

“I’m detecting some hostility, Miss Underwood,” Lawson said, adjusting his thick glasses as he strolled into the rec room. “I suppose I can’t blame you. The police forwarded me a report of yesterday’s incident. After that dismal performance, I’d be angry too. How pathetic…”

“I am not angry,” she said quickly and turned to face him.

Lawson paused and his eyes studied her for a long moment, tracing every inch of her body. He was ogling her. She couldn’t imagine what was going on in his filthy mind, but his eyes said it all and she felt the need to scrub herself as hard as possible and burn these clothes. And burn him as well.

He slipped a hand in his coat pocket and she knew what was there. The remote. His other hand rested on Shoshanna’s shoulder as he leaned in and whispered into her ear.

“Listen, sweetheart, you may as well get used to me. I control your fate. I decide when you get out of this hell hole. As your new psychiatric evaluator I am your god. Do you understand?”

She said nothing. Shoshanna stared straight ahead. She knew if she looked him in the eyes he would see pure hatred there and he would make her pay for it.

“Good girl,” Lawson said. He patted her head, as if she were a puppy or a child. “I can’t wait for our next session, Shanna. Can I call you 'Shanna?' Of course I can." He laughed. "We're going to have so much fun together.” He turned and left.

A very furious Shoshanna turned around and resumed pounding the bag with her fists.

10. Love to Write

Alica and Dara

Alica sighed as she dropped her overnight bag on the floor of Dara's bedroom and plopped down on her bed. The police had arrived at the apartment after they had called, and the detective had grilled them for nearly 2 hours before finally letting them go. She didn't understand why they had to ask the same question over and over again. Maybe it was because the story sounded so absurd. It would have sound insane if she had mentioned that she had a 'vision' of the murder but instead the girls were smart and said that they happened to watch the murder happen through a crack in the door which was a little more believable.

Alica shifted her thoughts as she didn't want to accidently have a vision of that villian again. Dara walked in the door and rolled her eyes. Alica laughed. Dara's mom had been freaking out when they walked in the door. She had repeated several times, in the span of a few moments, how many times she had called and how worried she had been and so on so forth. Dara was obviously annoyed but Alica was jealous. She wished her mom was still alive to worry about her. "How'd it go?" Alica asked teasingly.

“Ha ha, very funny,” Dara said, as she marched over to her closet to grab a handful of blankets. She threw them down on the floor with a huff.

“I can’t wait until the day I can afford my own apartment. Which probably won’t be until I’m 30, since I lost my job anyway. A text from Jill saying that I was fired, saved me from enduring even more mother pestering.” Dara loosened her ponytail, letting her long black hair fall around her shoulders. She began to brush it out with her fingers.

“Guess I’ll have to go job hunting tomorrow. Did I tell you that I started my sky-diving instructor training?”

Alica's eyes widened with horror. "You what!? Do you want to get killed? Jumping from a metal bucket, that shouldn't be in the sky, with nothing but a backpack you HOPE will open when the time comes...its crazy!?"

Dara laughed so hard she had tears running down her cheeks. It was Alica's turn to roll her eyes at her crazy friend. The thought of skydiving...well it was just horrific. She'd rather go to the dentist. Which was almost just as bad. She decided to change the subject.

"Well, I'm sorry you lost your job at the gym. I know you enjoyed it there. Seeing all those hot, well muscled boys and all." Alica teased and Dara punched her in the arm lightly in response. Alica got off the bed and helped Dara make the 2nd one on the floor.

"I've been thinking about volunteering at that mental facility near Jerry's pet shop. I actually have an appointment set up for tomorrow. Since you have nothing to do tomorrow would you like to join me?"
    Dara unfolded one of the blankets, smoothing out each crease. "Hmm...well, that does sound...interesting. Come to think of it, I've walked by that place several times before, but for some reason it always gave me the chills. Are you sure you want to surround yourself with people crazier than me?"
    Alica smiled. "The lady I talked to said that they have a wing where the people are relatively normal aside from the fact that they freak out at the weirdest things. Like one lady freaks out at the color yellow and there is a guy who can't stand straight lines." Alica and Dara laughed at the odd quirks. "I heard they even have that ex-supervillian slash superhero living there. I can never remember her name."

Dara sat on the finished make-shift bed. "You mean Galatea?"

"I guess. Kinda sad, isn't it."

Dara nodded. After a short pause she slapped her leg catching Alica's attention. "So you want the bed or the floor."

"I'm good with the floor. I'm not scared of little bugs like you." She laughed and headed towards the bathroom with a change of clothes. As an after-thought she stopped at the door and asked. "You aren't still scared of bugs? Are you?"

"Who me? Scared? Bugs are just annoying," Dara paused to slap another mosquito that had flown through her open window, "If you hadn't noticed, nothing scares me anymore. Well, except for the possible creepo, and certain people freak me out," Dara laughed, heading over again to her closet to grab her pajamas. "Now, go get ready, young lady. It's past our bedtime. We don't want to look like we belong at the mental hospital with bags under our eyes."

11. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

DaVinci ft. Monsoon

They returned to George's home, with Monsoon moving through the sewers before coming up just outside the house, through the garden hose.

"I can only imagine that your method of travel takes you through some interesting things," George said, unlocking the back door to the house.

"I'd rather not discuss it."

George smiled, opening the door.

"Welcome home George," Mona said through the intercoms.

"Hello Mona," he replied. "I have a guest with me. His name is Monsoon."

"Hello Mon Soon." George smiled at the pause, shutting the back door after Monsoon had come in. Mona had a hard time understanding some things. He still had bugs to work out and such, but she was getting there.

"Mona, I need you to look up some information for me. I am looking for any info on Shoshanna Underwood, aka Galatea."

"I will begin searching now."

George sat down. "Would you like anything to drink?"

Monsoon smiled sarcastically. "I shall be fine."

George nodded. "Right, forgot. Well, this is my place. Make yourself at home. Bathroom is... um, do you ever require a bathroom?"

Monsoon smiled, this time a real one. "No."

George rolled his eyes, laughing. "Lucky you."

Monsoon sat down while George hopped on his computer, and began checking over the information Mona had found. He was quite unsure of what he had found, because everything listed publicly gave Shoshanna a terrible image. However, the confidential stuff, the stuff listed in the past few years by a Dr. Stevenson showed major improvements. And, to his delight, he found the blueprints to that ugly collar she was forced to wear. The government always thought it could hide things. Boy were they wrong.

12. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue

Rue, a young alien orphan, walked somberly down the beach of the tiresome city. She was blessed with the gift of teleportation, allowing her to transport herself in the blink of an eye, but only when she has her destination in mind and only at certain times, as her power is yet to be fully developed. She would teleport down this windy beach and into the arms of a loving family if she could, even though she would never out rightly confess to such a thing. Emotions, ha!
    She typically steers away from people, humans that are 'normal' in their appearance have shunned her so much that she no longer expects kindness from anyone. She often ponders what it would have been like to have parents and to have a family. To have someone explain to her all that is left unexplained in her mind. To have someone tell her that her powers are unique, not a disease from a different planet. But, where her skin is pale blue, others are natural whites and browns. Where her eyes are large and amethyst, others are small and hazels and browns. Where her purple hair seems to fall from her large fox-like blue ears, others sport blonde or brunette pony tails..with their small and danty human ears. 'Normal' isn't something she is or ever will be. She can never hide her alien origins.

Rue stopped for a moment as her walk had lead her towards the entrance of a cave. She looked up and down the beach, not a person in sight. She shivered from the cold wind and thought it best to head inside the cave. Her ears narrowed and her long, blue, fox-like tail curled between her legs. "Snap out of it!" She hissed to herself, revealing two small fangs in her mouth, as if she were a vampire. But, no vampire here. Just a hungry, homeless, alien girl seeking shelter in an, as far as she could tell, abandoned cave.

13. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Draco

Draco lay in his cavern watching the lights meld across the crystal roof he loved this place, it had taken him months to build and it was never completed properly. He lifted his head as he heard a quiet sound coming from the entrance to the cave it couldn't be Dara not so soon.

The mastiffs began to shift and one placed its stone foot off its pedestal to go to hunt, Draco drew a deep breath and spat a single plume of golden fire at it and they shivered as if angry and resumed their place at either side of the entrance. Draco shrugged inwardly he was too tired to check out the noise whoever it was could come and meet him he just hoped they wouldn't try to riddle with him as others had tried in the past, stupid stories would be the death of him.

14. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue

Rue had settled by the entrance and had began to slowly drift off to sleep but awoke to a sound coming from deeper within the cavern as her ears acted as satellites, perking up in the direction of the sound. She stood on her feet once again, shaken by the disruption of her silence. She began to slowly wander deeper into the cavern. Astonished by the crystal like formations on the cavern ceiling. It was as if they had been created by an artist, not by the hands of time.

"H-hello?.." Rue whispered sheepishly, half hoping she was just going insane from loneliness.

15. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Draco heard a Haulting whisper coming from the enterence <h-hello> he smiled slightly defiantly not Dara. He reached out gently with his mind seeking for the girl he found her after a while moving slowly towards the cavern. Her mind was fluttering but sharp clever. He whispered to her with his mind as quietly as he could to avoid causing her pain <come little one, I will not hurt you your safe here> he winced inwardly at the words way to sound creapy Draco he hoped the girl wasn't strong enough of mind to read his feelings an unsure dragon was the least of people you would want to find.

He ran a talon softly along the wall brightening the lights slightly and baneshing the shadows. Best she came in able to see at least.

16. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue / Draco

Rue's ears slanted downwards and her tail curled between her legs once more. She shivered as the words entered her mind as if they had been spoken out loud but never said. Her eyes winced as the cavern lit up around her. "Wh-who's there?" She whispered, subconsciously following the direction Draco's thought-speech had come from. She continued on without waiting for any reply.
    Finally, she reached the opening where Draco lay. She gasped at the sight of him and stood frozen in fear. "N-no way." She said to herself out loud. She found her knees becoming weak due to shock and lack of food.

17. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

The girl appeared in the opening and both her and Draco froze. Draco looked at her and saw his little sister gone to dust like he rest of his family. He could barely meet her eyes, he forced the ghosts away from him. She was a small child obviously one of the ones. Changed by the city judging by the tail and ears. "no way" Draco chuckled <yes way, I am sorry if I frightened you but I am rediculously exhausted and I can't assume my human form at the moment. I won't hurt you. Come little one if you sit close you should warm up quickly enough this form is good for something.> he raised his head And pointed with his nose to a door on the far wall. <there is a pantry through here if you are hungry. Then come and sit a while. My name is Draco >

18. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue / Draco

Rue didn't quite understand how she could instantly feel so comfortable with this beast. She stared at him for a little longer, wiping her eyes in disbelief. Like earlier, she could hear him talking to her without any words coming from his mouth.
    Her fear quickly washed away and hunger took over completely. The alien orphan was able to teleport to the pantry, leaving a popping sound in the air behind her. There she gathered as much food as she could support in her arms and teleported back in front of the exhausted dragon. She sat down Indian style and began to shove food into her mouth. She used her fangs to open cans of canned meats and sausages. She made little growling noises and hisses as she shoveled her food into her face. She ate so fast that she could barely taste anything.

After she was well fed and full as a tic, she laid down next to the Dragon, her tail swinging happily in the air. His warmth surely warmed her up. Before she knew it, she was making a strange purring noise.. Something she had never done before. But she knew what it meant. She knew it was because she was happy..for the moment.

"Thank you, Draco." She said softly, gently placing her hand on his side and patting him. "No one has shown me such kindness before. Usually, they laugh-" She began to say, her words interrupted by a content yawn. After her yawn, she continued. "Usually, they laugh at me and tell me to go back to my planet when I ask for help. So, I stopped asking. Besides... I don't even know where or what my home planet is.." She said, closing her tired eyes.

19. JessWrite

Dara White

Dara stared up at the ceiling, the faint light of dawn making small blotches on the wall as it filtered through her curtains. She predicted it was probably around 5 o'clock, maybe 4, even 6, but it didn't matter. Time had passed by so slowly since she had been jolted awake from her first nightmare in years. After a day like yesterday, she should've known her thoughts would be hyperactive. Dara rolled on her side, to peer down at Alica sleeping peacefully on the floor. That girl could sleep through anything. Back when they had sleepovers like this every week, Alica would always fall asleep before they could share all their juicy gossip. Because of that, Alica had fallen victim to several of her fun pranks. Dara smiled to herself, remembering the one time she had to run for her life from Alica covered in whip cream. She was happy one good thing had resulted from the strange man's disappearance with Draco; she had her best friend back again.

Dara turned back over to face the wall, with a small sigh. Draco had been in her nightmare, at least in dragon form. She had been flying with him actually, until an airplane filled with skydiving monkeys hit him head on. They had plummeted down, the ground growing nearer, but looked unnatural, distorted in a sea of colors. She had tried to stop the free-fall by stretching herself into the shape of a parachute, but powers must not work in dreams. She had woken up right when she hit the hard earth.

Dara tossed the dream back into the depths of her mind. It wasn't that the dream scared her, no, it was her thoughts of Draco that had been keeping her awake. The scene of the strange man whisking Draco away to nothingness, kept replaying in her mind. Where had he been taken to? Would she ever see him again? Was he...even still alive? Dara continued to lay there in bed, listening to her clock ticking and Alica's soft breathing as the same horrible questions taunted her.

Her eyelids began to grow heavy and she allowed them to close. She took a deep breath and relaxed her stiff muscles.

"Dara..." a soft musical voice filled her mind, buzzing in her ears, "I'm safe, resting northwest beach cleft in the cliff."

That voice...it was familiar! Dara sat up quickly, wondering if what she had heard had been another dream. If it were, it may possibly be a worse nightmare than before.

"Draco! Is that really you? Please tell me I'm not dreaming!" Dara shouted in her mind. The seconds dragged on as she waited, feeling more like minutes.

20. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Draco

Draco blinked in surprise as Rue popped in and out of existence to the larder then back to him, He smiled and thought to himself 'special' he watched her as she wolfed down the food. A poor child a victim of idiots and fools. Draco remembered when he had first changed the jeers in the street and the hostility was almost overwhelming. People surprised you though sometimes restoring your faith a little. Rue finished eating and laid down her fox like tail lazily swatting the air.

"Thank you, Draco." She said softly, gently placing her hand on his side and patting him. "No one has shown me such kindness before. Usually, they laugh-" She began to say, her words interrupted by a content yawn. After her yawn, she continued. "Usually, they laugh at me and tell me to go back to my planet when I ask for help. So, I stopped asking. Besides... I don't even know where or what my home planet is.." She said, closing her tired eyes.

Draco smiled and covered her with a wing giving her a half tent that radiated heat and kept out the little chill from the pool, his wing socket left a wide opening over her head and shoulders so she was bathed in the shifting purple and blue lights above. <Lets just say im used to the unusual Little One, you are different but you are special and you will be breathtaking in a few years. Never forget what you are, other people will not, wear it like armor so no one can hurt you.> draco looked down at the girl seeing her eyes drift sleepily <Sleep little one i will keep you safe>.

Draco had barely laid his head down again when a shout echoed through his mind "Draco! Is that really you? Please tell me I'm not dreaming!" , Draco fought back the urge to groan with pain so he did not wake Rue, <Heya Dara, Theres no need to shout my ears almost fell off. Your not dreaming i am okay im safe in my home. I would come to you but i cant leave at the moment i found someone. Can you get to me? the cave is easy to find and the guards wont hurt you.> Draco smiled she could hear him they would be with each other again soon.

21. JessWrite

Dara White

Waiting with only silence to follow, Dara was certain it had all been a dream. But, how did it sound so real? How could her brain create such things?

"Heya Dara, There's no need to shout my ears almost fell off. Your not dreaming I am okay I'm safe in my home. I would come to you but I can't leave at the moment I found someone. Can you get to me? The cave is easy to find and the guards won't hurt you."

The voice tickled her ears, soft and calm. Dara sighed with relief. It was Draco. She wished she could see his golden eyes crinkle up at the corners, in a smile. For the time being, she'd just have to imagine it.

"I'm so glad you're safe. I was afraid something horrible happened to you. I actually found someone too, an old friend of mine. I guess we can hop on over. You know me, I'd love to have a morning swim in the ocean. See you soon."

Dara could barely contain her excitement, as she jumped off her bed, sticking a landing right next to Alica's head. Not at all gently, she shook Alica awake.

"Rise and shine, Alica. We've got to get ready, right now!"

Dara grabbed for her make-up bag and ran over to her closet. She wanted this to be a morning Draco would never forget.

22. AnonyMouse

Shoshanna Underwood

There were over a thousand ways to hurt and kill someone. Shoshanna thought of every single one as she pictured Dr. Lawson’s face. He reminded her of her ex-husband, the man who had controlled every aspect of her life during their horrible marriage and who had ultimately taken away her only child and driven her to the brink of madness. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Evisceration. Defenestration. Annihilation. Laceration. Asphyxiation. Penetration. Suffocation. Strangulation. Immolation. Stab him. Gag him. Bag him. Drag him. Hang him. Shank him. Poison him. Bludgeon him. Hit him with a brick. Hit him with a stick. Hit him with a car. Hit him with a bus. Hit him with a train. Hit him with two trains, a bus, five cars, and crash an airplane on top of the whole damned mess…

Someone was watching.

Shoshanna had been pounding the punching bag with her fists for over a half hour. She was drenched with sweat and her long dark hair was a stringy mess. The band tying it back had fallen out over twenty minutes ago. She looked like a wild woman. She looked like she belonged in the madhouse.

Shoshanna didn’t even realize what she was doing or how enraged she was until she felt eyes on her and suddenly turned around, expecting Dr. Lawson to be there, sneering at her like a fucking hyena. Instead, she found only Lily.

Lily was 24 years old, but had the mind of a child. She had suffered severe brain damage in a car accident as a teen and never fully recovered. Lily was sweet and kind, but a little… slow. She also had a tendency to daydream and say the strangest things.

She was standing in the doorway, huddled under a gray hoodie, staring at Shoshanna with a weird look on her face. Lily tilted her head to the side, like a curious child, and said in a quiet voice: “Miss Sha-Sha, why is everything flying?”

Only then did Shoshanna notice two weightlifting benches, a treadmill, and an exercise bicycle were orbiting her, like planets around a sun. Half a ton of equipment was suspended in the air. When she realized what she’d done, she panicked and it all dropped to the floor with a heavy crash. Her chest heaved. Her knuckles hurt from punching the bag for so long. But, most of all, she was terrified of what she’d done. If Lawson ever found out…

Stay calm. It’s okay. You didn’t hurt anyone, Shoshanna told herself. Deep breaths. In. Out. In. Out.

Lily just looked at her with a smile and said, “Miss Sha-Sha, are you a witch?”

“Yes, dear, I suppose I am,” Shoshanna said with a worried smiled as she began picking up the weights and returning them to their proper place. At least she hadn’t broken anything. Within a minute or so, she had the rec room straightened out, but her heart was still pounding. She sat down, to try to calm herself. “Don’t tell anyone about this, Lily, or I may have to put a witch's curse on you,” she said with a teasing smile. "Understand?"

Lily giggled. “You wouldn’t do that, Sha-Sha. You’re a good witch.” She merrily skipped away down the hall.

Long after she’d gone, Shoshanna stood and headed up to her room for a shower and plenty of meditation.

23. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Draco

"I'm so glad you're safe. I was afraid something horrible happened to you. I actually found someone too, an old friend of mine. I guess we can hop on over. You know me, I'd love to have a morning swim in the ocean. See you soon."

Draco smiled and looked down at the small girl laying underneath his wing, He knew his biggest weakness he gathered to many around him too many avenues for people to get hurt because of him, but he couldn't help himself some people just drew him in and ensnared him.

Draco wrapped his tail around his wing carefully pointing the spines away from the sleeping Rue and curled it round her. She grasped onto his tail and pulled it to her using it as a pillow. Draco hummed quietly and the crystals dimmed to a deep twighlight bright enough to see but deep enough so the shifting light wouldn't wake her. He lay his head back down and drifted upon his thoughts his eyes constantly focused on the entrance.

24. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue

Rue had slept soundly for the first time in years. She awoke after a glorious sleep. Her naps were cat-nap like in nature, as was she. She was feisty, loving when loved in return, but could claw one to pieces given the chance and proper encouragement. She rose quietly to her feet, slipping past the tent-of-sorts that Draco had made with his wings. She took a strong liking to the Dragon, as he was far from normal, like her. And he was the first one to ever show her such a kindness.

She took one last look around the beautiful cavern before she stealthily made her way towards the entrance of the cave, heading towards the beach. She climbed down past some of the small cliffs in her way, her purple hair blowing crazily in the wind. At the waters edge, she peeled off her gloves and boots, revealing her hands and feet, covered by a patch of purple hair and donning sharp little blue claws on each finger and toe. She pulled off her shorts, leaving only her yellow, tattered sundress on, she slowly entered into the cold water. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. The water was refreshing as it washed against her legs. She opened her eyes to see a school of little fish swimming around her legs. She grinned, flashing her little fangs and began splashing her hands into the water in attempt to catch the little fish. "Darn it! Come'mere!" She hissed, eventually falling on her behind. She then gave up and just sat there, relaxing in the waves, her tail wagging in the water to avoid nips from curious fish.

25. Love to Write

Alica Jennings

Alica's sleep was peaceful up till the part when she had a nightmare about Bellphim. She found herself helplessly tied to a chair with the villain stalking towards her, a clawed hand raised. His white eyes shone with hunger and his hand thrust towards her chest...

A heavy thud woke her from the nightmare.
    "Rise and shine, Alica. We've got to get ready, right now!"
    For half a moment Alica thought they were being attacked or something but Dara's voice was way too cheery. Alica tried to snuggle back into the covers but Dara shook her wholeheartedly before jumping up and rummaging through her drawers. Alica looked at the clock. 6:15. "Why in the world are we getting up at 6, Dara?" Alica mumbled sleepily.

"Draco just spoke to me! He said we can meet him in a cave by the ocean."
    "Draco?" It took a few moments for Alica to register the name. "You mean the guy who can turn into a dragon and talk into people's minds?"
    "One and same! Now c'mon, lets go!" Dara danced around happily before slamming the door to the bathroom.

Alica sat up slowly. Dara was such a morning person. She definitely wasn't. And if they were going near the ocean that meant Dara would probably want to go swimming. She stood and started changing. Yippee. She thought sarcastically. We are gonna swim in the ocean and meet a dragon. She stopped with half a pant leg on as she processed the thought. We're gonna see a real live dragon. The thought clicked and suddenly Alica was excited. Ever since she was a kid she'd been reading stories about dragons and wished they were real...and now she was gonna meet a real live one. She finished dressing and ran downstairs. Dara was in the middle of explaining to her mom that they were going to go the ocean and her mom replied with many, many words of wisdoms and warnings.

It took a grand total of 7 and half minutes before they could reassure her mom and get out the door. Traveling the same way as they had before, Dara swooped across buildings and cars with Alica clinging to her back like a spider monkey. The people of Atlantis paid little attention to the girls. Apparently they were used to strange sights.
    Alica and Dara stopped for a quick breakfast of donuts before heading to the ocean which wasn't very far at Dara's speed. They finally reached the beach, much to Alica's relief, and the two girls took a quick breather on the sand. Despite her heavy breathing, Dara kept bouncing up and down with excitement.
    "You are really excited to see him again, aren't you?" Alica noted. "Do you have a crush?"
    Dara came to a sudden stop, looking like her biggest secret had been revealed. "Is it...really that obvious?" Her cheeks turned a faint pink, "Well, yeah, I guess I do. But, I think you will like him too, Alica. He's so nice, has gorgeous eyes, and his smile..." Dara's voice trailed off, as her gaze landed on a strange sight in the ocean just a few feet away.
    Alica followed her gaze. "It looks like a blue fox." She said noting the furry tail.
    The girls watched the creature, relaxing as the waves lapped against its small body.

Dara looked to Alica, a sly smile spreading across her face, "Wanna get closer?"

Before Alica could respond Dara had already crossed several feet of sand. They got close enough to notice it wasn't a fox but a young girl with blue skin and a tail. It was the most amazing thing Alica thought she had ever seen. It reminded her of a creature from a fairytail. She wasn't sure if they should bother her or not but Dara took the inititative and gave a happy greeting. "Hi!"