The Atlantians

Discussion in 'Archive' started by naturemage, May 25, 2012.

1. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue

Rue jolted up to her feet and hissed at the girls, her ears folding downwards as well as her dripping wet tail. She looked behind her, closed her eyes and teleported back onto the sand, a few feet away. She readied herself into a fighting stance. "What do you want?! The beach is public property! You can't kick me off of it!" She yelled at the ladies, unaware of their business with her.

2. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Dara White

Dara watched the defensive fox-like girl, baring her teeth, with her small frame shaking in fury. The girl was farther away from where she had stood near them moments before. Dara was more amazed than fearful. She had come across yet another with powers, like her and Alica. How many others could there be hiding in New Atlantis?

"What do you want?! The beach is public property! You can't kick me off of it!" the girl shouted at them, looking as if she could pounce any minute.

Dara held up her hands showing she meant no harm, while moving slowly in front of Alica. She had been the naive one in this, and she knew she was the one to be held responsible for the outcome. Dara locked eyes with the young girl, but instead of being hostile, she smiled.

"Calm down, sweetie, I'm sorry we upset you. We are only here to visit a friend. You didn't happen to see a dragon around here, did you?"

3. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue

Rue took a moment to relax as she shrugged of her fighting stance. She was a pretty decent judge of character, she had to be to live the orphan life on the streets of New Atlantis. She understood that these women meant no harm.

"Calm down, sweetie, I'm sorry we upset you. We are only here to visit a friend. You didn't happen to see a dragon around here, did you?" The more extroverted woman said calmly to her.

Rue looked back towards the cave she had come down from, where the dragon laid, healing from the previous day.

"He is up there." She said stoically, walking over to her boots and shorts. She hated how tattered and worn down all of her clothes were. She hated how they made her feel like a poor rag doll.. from a different planet. As she pulled on her gloves and shimmied herself into her boots, she looked the "normal" looking girls up and down. She secretly wished to look like them, to have the ability to find love on this planet like them. But, if she couldn't find love, she could embrace hate.. couldn't she?

"He is nice." She said softly and somberly, her face expressionless as she yanked her shorts back on. She winced slightly as the shorts pinched her tail.
    "You seem nice." Her words still as emotionless as her body language as she rung out her thick wet purple hair. "Nice is as strange to me as my appearance must be to most.."

Her eyes began tearing up but she wouldn't have any of that crying business! Oh, no! Stop it, Rue. You don't know these people. You've never talked this much before! Stop it! She thought to herself, panicking on the inside while looking down at the sand.

4. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

DaVinci

He'd stayed up most of the night, fiddling with things while he looked over the device that apparently controlled Shoshanna. He'd memorized every spec of the thing, and had gotten a few tools he needed to fix that when he went to see the beautiful woman. He blushed at the thought, turning off the screen to his left, where a picture of her was displayed. He'd been glancing at it all night while looking at the collar.

"Okay. I think I've got it. Thank you Mona, you may turn off the screen." The screen went dark, and George turned around. "Monsoon, you ready to go visit our friend?" He looked around, waiting for an answer. "Monsoon? Hello?"

"It seems Mon Soon left sir," Mona said through the speakers. "I did not detect any doors or windows opening."

George smiled. He'd have to put sensors in the drains now, to detect abnormal amounts of water leaving or entering, just so he'd know if Monsoon was coming or going. Writing a note on a post-it for later, he grabbed what he needed and left for Pleasant Acres. He didn't bring his suit, hoping he wouldn't need it. As he left the house, he tapped a button on his watch to secure all the windows and doors. On his way down the street, he stopped and reconsidered. He went back and grabbed his suit anyway, just to be safe.

5. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Draco

Draco watched as the girl slipped out of the cavern, she was a quiet little thing. If she left she would know where he would be and she could be safe here if she needed it. He moved his head slightly so he could hear and listened for any noises coming from down the cave. after a while he heard the girls voice and another. He smiled Dara didn't waste time. he got up wearily and slipped to the entrance moving as quietly as a snake, He thought to himself strange i can move so quietly when i want to considering my size. he reached the entrance to the cave.

"Nice is as strange to me as my appearance must be to most.."

Draco smiled a mischievous glint shining in his eye and slipped out of the cave as Dara and her friend were focused on the girl. He crept around the cliff and came up behind Dara. He lay down silently and laid his head slightly behind and between Dara and her friend. He chuckled silently and then spoke to the three of them. <You know if is very rude not to include everyone whos here in the conversation>

6. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Hugh Killian

"Are you in position Gruff?" Hugh said down the phone.

"Yes master. I put explosives around the building."

"Good. I'm going to activate Sarah then when I give you the signal detonate them."

Gruff grunted in response. Hugh put the phone back in his pocket before going over to a remote and hitting a switch. The switch would activate a set of bracelets he had put on sarah, pumping her with a mixture of adrenaline and other chemicals. She would then proceed to attack anything in sight. Far away in his room, he would be safe watching events unfold on the schools CCTV he and hacked and an untraceable camera on Sarahs neck.

Daniel sat in history listening to the teacher drone on about world war 2. He turned to gaze out the window before Sarah caught his eye. She was so pretty. They'd talked a few times but mostly he was too shy to talk more. Daniel was about to say something to her when he noticed her wincing. Sarah grabbed her wrists stiffling a scream. She struggled some more before falling off her chair screaming. Now the rest of the class had noticed. Daniel was off his chair and at her side before they could register what was going on.

"Sarah, what's wrong?" He asked. She didn't reply, she just stared at him wide eyed and manic looking. Then she started cackling. Daniel started to move away but wasn't fast enough. The rest of the class watched as lightning threw Daniel against the wall where he landed in a pile. Sarah stood still cackling as the class bolted for the door. Letting out a scream she sent out a wave of lightning dropping the class members not already out the door.

Hugh smiled, watching as the school was thrown into chaos. Sarah sent bolts out left and right, burning people and destroying walls. He nearly started laughing when some of the burning bodies triggered the sprinklers. Now Sarah was even more deadly anything wet becoming a death trap. Chuckling he picked up the phone.

"Ok Gruff, detonate them."

There was a short pause then a boom off in the distance. Now he had a school being destroyed and no fire department to help it. Hugh ended the call and brought up his to-do list crossing off "Destroy school". He scrolled down to find the next one.

"Aquire more minions."

At the school Sarah headed through the front entrance. The pupils of the school were now either dead or wishing they were, and the building wasn't in a much better state. It wasn't far from collapsing and the fire brigade wouldn't be helping anytime soon. A couple of police cars had gathered outside. The officers were standing with their weapons aimed towards her.

"Put your hands on your head and get on the ground." One of them shouted. The message failed to register with Sarah's damaged mind. Cackling again She fired off a blast into a building opposite the debree falling onto the police. She fired of another blast towards them before wandering off to cause more destruction.

7. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Alica Jennings

Alica was about to go over to the poor girl and promise to take her shopping for new clothes but a strange voice entered her mind.

You know if is very rude not to include everyone who's here in the conversation.

She jumped and spun around with a hand on her chest, her heart jumping with her. Behind her with its head on the ground was a gorgeous gold dragon. The dragon lifted it's head his eyes seeming to smile as Dara embraced him around the neck so hard she was worried he was going to get choked. By the time they were done greeting one another Alica had found the courage to speak, "So you must be Draco. Dara's told me alot about you."

8. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Shoshanna Underwood

After a long cold shower and nearly an hour of silent meditation, Shoshanna found herself standing before the mirror, wondering if she was doing the right thing. She wore a long dark blue gown with a high slit up the side and black leggings beneath. Its long, hanging sleeves made her feel like a fairytale sorceress; all she was missing was a big spellbook. The dress hugged her curves and the low neckline showed ample cleavage. There was a thin silver chain around her neck with a heart-shaped locket nestled in her bosom.

This all seemed so wrong. Despite her appearance, Shoshanna had never used her beauty as a weapon. She wasn’t a seductress. The breast implants and cosmetic surgery had been her ex-husband’s idea. She had already been naturally beautiful, but he felt the need to take it to the next level. That was the type of man he was. To him, putting new tits on his wife was no different from putting rims on a car or new paint on a house.

But he had unknowingly given her a weapon. Shoshanna knew the way men looked at her. She knew what they were thinking. She knew the effect she had on them. It was far more potent than any superpower. She never wanted this, but if she had it, why not use it?

DaVinci could potentially grant her freedom. All she had to do was impress him and she would be free. She wasn’t sure when he would come, but when he did she would be at her most radiant. He would be unable to resist her charms. He would save the damsel in distress, not because he wanted to but because his hormones wouldn’t allow him to say no.

With a small sigh, Shoshanna turned away from the mirror. She sat down on the bed and put on her heels. They accentuated the contours of her long legs. She spent a few minutes brushing out her hair and took one final look in the mirror before going to the door, where she paused for a moment.

I can’t believe I’m doing this, she thought. She felt like a manipulative whore and that wasn’t like her at all. But if a few minutes of ‘bad’ was all that stood between her and a lifetime of ‘good’ she would do it. By the end of the day she would never have to bend to another man’s will ever again.

She picked up her shoulder bag, opened the door and found herself face to face with a young nurse, who was just about to knock. The young lady seemed slightly startled. Her eyes looked Shoshanna up and down, with just a hint of envy, but her tone was pleasant when she said:

“You have a visitor at the front desk, Miss Underwood. Shall we let him in?”

The timing couldn’t have been better. Shoshanna thought for a moment. A spider is only as good as her web. What is the best place to meet him?

She knew just the spot. “Have him to meet me in the solarium, please,” Shoshanna said. The nurse nodded and walked away.

Shoshanna shut and locked her door before heading to the elevator at the end of the hall. Pleasant Acres was modern and bright, with large windows on the long corridors and white paint that made the halls and rooms feel open and inviting. It was designed to ease the worries of the troubled patients. She took the elevator up to the roof, which was completely enclosed in a greenhouse where a lush garden had been established. It was quite hot there this time of day, but also beautiful and sunny. The flowers were in bloom. The solarium had cobblestone pathways and even a little brook with koi fish. It was perfect. It was paradise.

The garden was usually empty this time of day. It was one of her favorite meditation spots. Shoshanna stood by the pond, beneath a row of tall sunflowers and hydrangeas. She stooped to sprinkle some fish food in the clear waters while she waited for her visitor.

9. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Monsoon

Monsoon walked around the house for some time, looking at the different paintings, designs, and small models that were on display. They were all signed "DaVinci." He had to admit, this man was an excellent painter. It was a wonder he didn't sell the paintings for some money.

After waiting several hours and simply watching the man look over a screen, Monsoon found there was little that he could do. He said goodbye, but DaVinci was too caught up in his work to even hear him. He headed for the kitchen sink and flowed into the drain, heading out and through the sewers.

As DaVinci had said earlier, there wasn't anything good to say about the way he traveled. Everything that New Atlantis flushed or sent down the drains was in his highway. If only the designers of the city had figured out a way to filter it all before it got to the large tunnels.

He got through the sewers, transferred quickly to the main water line after filtering himself out, and headed to his favorite spot. He watched the sunrise from atop the large fountain, and then decided to make a trip to Pleasant Acres, figuring DaVinci would head there as well. Hopefully, they could either convince the folks there that Shoshanna wasn't bad anymore, or make it so they could use her anyway. In the end, Monsoon needed someone like her. She had a gift that would certainly help in and out of battles.

10. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue

Rue looked the glorious dragon over a few times, still astonished by his appearance.

You know it is very rude not to include everyone who's here in the conversation.

Rue managed to give half of a smile. She liked this dragon man and she felt that maybe he would like her too. Maybe these women would like her if he liked her. Maybe they could help save her from... She shook her head. No thinking those thoughts! She said to herself. They can't know everything. You've already said too much.

Rue sighed softly and found her eyes wandering to a huge billow of smoke coming from in the city. Her alien pupils dilated, operating as a pair of binoculars. She was still too far away on the beach to see anything but knowing this city, it wasn't good news. "W-what is that?" She whispered to the group, pointing in the direction of the burning school.

11. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Reflect

It was hard to look in, but he knew there was possibility that he would have to go back. A BIG possibility. People at home used him, but here… he wasn’t welcome either. Of course he had done it, he had caused his own fate in this world. It was his fear of his old world that caused fear in this one. Now, he realized, he couldn’t get away from the doors. It was just the way this world was. Back home, there were few doors, and only he could use them. Here… doors were everywhere.

He gazed into the mirror, shuddering at being near it. It was a window to everything. Thousands of images pierced his eyes, showing him everything that happened in other mirrors. He couldn’t focus on any in particular, but he didn’t mind checking on things. No, he did see something. Two things actually… Three!

He didn’t know what to do. Clearly, all those three people had wanted to do was protect their world from crazy idiots, like him… And yet, there it was, another person with powers, slaughtering the young like her. It was awful, using lightning like that. People on his world couldn’t control lightning, not like she could, but they stored it and used it to power things. She… she was using it to harm people.

Then there was the explosion. Dozens of images vanishing all in the same moment. Some of them remained intact, filled with fire. People were running, screaming, some of them stuck for in cots for reasons he did not know. They were reaching out, but to who, he also could not gather.

Then there was the last image. The one he recognized. He nodded.

“Yes. I must.” He sighed, having only ever used his strongest power once before. Now, he would have to double it. It was the only way to redeem himself. But…

The firemen had just received the call to the school when they heard it, the explosion. Many of them turned around just in time to see the blast, but the brunt of it was drawn towards a small mirror on the wall. In fact, only part of the explosion caused cracks in the walls and one of the tires on a fire engine to go out.

Sarah ran once again into the school, cackling like a witch. More than a witch, a crazy witch. She looked at the mirror on the wall, seeing a group of younger students on the wall opposite it. She smiled devilishly, seeing how she could shoot the lightning at them around the corner. She fired a blast of lighting at the mirror, and it shot right back at her, grouped together into one bolt that hit her square in the chest, knocking her over.

As she lay on the floor, unable to take the hit of her own power, she looked up to see a man clothed completely in white emerge from the mirror.

“How dare you,” he said. “I regret the things that I have done on this world, but harming others is not even tolerated where I come from.”

He held out a hand, pointing it at the young girl, and a huge blast came out, burning her but not finishing her. She rubbed her arms where the blast had burned some arm hair, and fired a lightning blast back at him. He redirected it away at a wall, while trying to focus some sprinkler water to the young whose clothing was burning.

12. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

"Thank you," he said, nodding to the woman at the front desk, who had told him where to meet Shoshanna: the solarium. She had directed him there, and he made his way briskly to the area.

He looked around, noting that some people were a little strange here. Some fiddling with imaginary things, others talking to a wall, and some rocking back and forth. He had met people like that before. He knew a few. Sometimes, he thought, perhaps deep inside, he was one as well. It was only a bit of nonsense he said now and again when he was alone.

Turning the hall, he found the elevator and took it up to the solarium. When he got out, he saw her, Shoshanna, with her back to him. She was wearing a gorgeous blue gown with leggings, and long heels. She was quite gorgeous. He admitted, he had longed for someone like her. Someone else with powers, and so beautiful. She was more gorgeous than anyone he knew or had met. He watched as she knelt down to the small pond, probably looking at the fish.

He walked over quietly, being careful not to startle her. He cleared his throat to let her know he was there.

"Shoshanna."

She turned, smiling and her eyes widened. She jumped into a guarded position. "Reflect!"

He put his hands out, showing he meant no harm. "You must call your friends. There is a building crowded with the young who are in terrible danger. I can get you there instantly, but your friends will need to help. Especially the water-man."

13. AnonyMouse

Shoshanna Underwood

She heard the sound of the elevator door opening, and footsteps approaching on the garden pathways. He was here. What should she do? She wanted to make a good first impression, but she didn’t want to push it too far. She kept her head down, focusing on the water as she sprinkled fish food into the pond. The koi gobbled it up hungrily.

The footstops stopped behind her and a man cleared his throat. "Shoshanna," he said. It didn’t sound like DaVinci...

She turned around with a bright smile, but it instantly vanished when she found the previous day’s villain standing before her. She would have moved away, but she had the pond at her back, the tall sunflowers to her right, and a thick hedge of hydrangeas to her left. There was nowhere to run.

Her mind raced as she went into full defensive mode. She knew, from experience, that she couldn’t use her power on him directly. And there was nothing here she could use against him. Unless she wanted to toss a dirt clod at him, she was completely unarmed. She could gather up an orb of water and drown him with it, but… no, she didn’t want to drown the man.

Reflect extended his hands in a gesture of friendship. "You must call your friends. There is a building crowded with the young who are in terrible danger,” he said. “I can get you there instantly, but your friends will need to help. Especially the water-man."

She was without words for a moment, before finally formulating a response.

“I can’t,” Shoshanna said. She didn’t trust him, but she wasn’t going to say so directly. There were plenty of other reasons not to go with him. “I need this disabled,” she indicated the collar, “otherwise I’ll be tazed the moment the police realize I’ve escaped. They don’t care if I’m doing good or evil; they just want to control me.

“Besides, I have no means of contacting the others,” she added. “DaVinci was going to come see me today to take care of my problem. You’re getting in the way of that.” Her tone was dark and unfriendly. “Take me to him NOW” she demanded. “I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of being summoned like a demon to do the bidding of people I despise. If you wish to use me, you must first free me.”

14. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Draco

Draco separated from Dara and winked at Rue. "So you must be Draco. Dara's told me alot about you." Draco looked down at Alicia <Heya, Im afraid i haven't heard much about you me and Dara got cut short last time we were together> Rue's voice traveled across him "W-what is that?". Draco turned his head and saw the smoke rising from the middle of the city. <More destruction no doubt, The hospital must have been the first. Who is doing this?> Draco sighed <Give me a minute this form is useful for nothing bar destroying and fighting> Draco's form shimmered and slowly resolved into his human form.

As the change finished a wave of exhaustion hit him and he almost fell Dara caught him he patted her gently and stood upright gingerly "Sorry im not quite myself at the moment." He looked over the three "im not much use at the moment but i can help slightly" He looked at rue in her small tattered dress, he reached out a hand to her and opened it showing a glowing spark "Go on take it" she reached out and touched the spark. It traveled onto the back of her hand and split into thousands they trickled up her arm forming fabric. within seconds she was covered in glowing sparks forming new cloths over her body soft black velvet trousers, strong leather boots and a thick silk top that extended to her upper arms and glowed with shifting colors similar to the crystals in his cave, silk gloves crept from her fingers to her upper forearms. One final spark drifted lazily from her hand up to her neck and formed the shape of a silver and gold necklace with a dragon pendant curled up upon itself. "I hope you like it little one if you do not think of what you wish for and touch the amulet they will change to what cloths you are thinking for a time."

"Shall we go and see what we can do my friends"

15. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue

Rue had been stunned by Draco's transformation back into a more...human form.

Then, Rue watched in amazement as her tattered clothes magically formed into beautiful new articles of clothing. Tears weilded up in her eyes but she choked them back, still too afraid to show any signs of real emotion. She closed her eyes and grasped the pendant in her hand. She grasped it because she thought This is what love must feel like. This is maybe a glimpse into what a real brother would be like.. She opened her big, amethyst eyes again in Draco's direction.

"Shall we go and see what we can do my friends" He had said. Rue nodded silently, annoyed at herself for opening her trap.

She hated that city. She knew what lay within the city walls... There was a darkness in there. No, there were multiple darknesses in there.. waiting to gobble up any sliver of light she would show. Or, that her new friend and his friends would show. But, what could she do to help? Teleport them?- No. MAYBE teleport them around? Her thoughts were overwhelming but she vowed to keep them just that...thoughts.

16. JessWrite

Dara White

Dara couldn't stop smiling as she watched Draco being his witty self. Nothing had changed in him, not even the previous drug had affected him, thankfully. But, when Draco turned away to converse with the young alien girl instead, something stirred inside her. A feeling crept slowly into her heart, one that she hadn't experienced since high school.

Her smile faded into a tight line. She saw Draco hold out his hand to the girl, a small spark illuminating in his palm. The girl reached for it and instantly her ratty clothes transformed into ones better than any high-class fashion designer could make. The girl closed her large eyes, while holding another gift from Draco close to her heart.

Dara averted her own eyes from the scene, the feeling beginning to grow. What was wrong with her? She scolded herself silently, there was no reason to be envious of a poor little girl.

"Shall we go and see what we can do my friends?" Draco broke into her thoughts, and she turned to see that he was indicating a large amount of black smoke hanging high up in the air. Her smile returned, and she kicked up some sand playfully.

"I don't know...the last time you asked that, I lost my job and you disappeared for a day," Dara teased, "If you promise not to run away again, I'm all for it."

Her eyes flicked back to the alien girl, who now seemed to be deep in thought, still fingering the pendant. Dara pushed aside her previous feelings, and walked a step closer to the girl instead.

"Hey, I didn't catch your name. I'm Dara."

17. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue

Rue was jolted out of the depths of her thoughts and brought back to light by Dara's voice. She blinked her eyes a couple times, trying to regain her composure, obviously troubled by an unseen and unspoken demon.

"Hey, I didn't catch your name. I'm Dara."

"My name is Rue." She said quietly, running her tongue over her fangs subconsciously..like a child chewing her hair out of nervousness. "A lot of people have last names... but I don't know where to get a last name from. I was just told a long time ago that I had a first name. And it is Rue." She repeated, noticing her own repetitiveness. She gave a sheepish smile as she fiddled with the dragon pendant. "Do you have a first and last name?" She asked genuinely.

18. JessWrite

Dara White

"My name is Rue." the girl said quietly, "A lot of people have last names... but I don't know where to get a last name from. I was just told a long time ago that I had a first name. And it is Rue," she gave a shy smile, "Do you have a first and last name?"

Her jealous feelings subsided for the time being, and Dara couldn't help but smile at Rue's sweet innocence. She reminded her of her younger sister Charis, before she had turned bratty and selfish, before she had made the choice not to hang out with her anymore. Thinking about it now, she missed those days of the past.

"Well, my first name is really Darleen, but only my mom calls me that. My last name is White, like the color," she replied, "Last names really aren't all that great, though. I wish I didn't have mine, it brings back too many memories of my dad," Dara paused for a second, before finishing in a soft whisper, "He died last year."

19. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Rue

Rue's ears slanted downwards like a cat recently scolded, but in this case, more like a fox recently saddened. Her eyes glistened as her mind danced around thoughts and words such as "mom","dad", and "died". She couldn't really admit to feelings of sadness in respects to not having parents, because one can not miss something they've never had before. Or, at least in Rue's mind. But, she could admit to death of loved ones as being painful. She once loved a stray kitten that would visit her in the alley way where she had slept for a few years. She would feed it birds that she had caught herself. The kitten loved Rue and would sleep curled up next to her every time she came around! Until, one day... she had left to catch fish in a local pond and found her poor kitten friend laying dead in her own alley upon her return.

Rue swallowed a hard gulp, not only because of the sad memories but also because of the fact that she had never gotten on such an emotional level with a human before. She wasn't quite sure how to express herself or if she should express herself in return. After a few second battle within herself, she decided it best to continue this communication.

"I-I had a kitten once. It died." Rue said awkwardly. She knew how awkward that must have sounded to the human woman but she forced a smile after she completed the sentence. Then, she realized the smile made the sentence that much more awkward. "I'm sorry. I don't talk to people much..." she explained, scratching her big ears.

20. Yoshi<3

Yoshi<3 New Member

Stacy was jolted out of a sound sleep by the sound of her phone ringing. Begrudgling, Stacy looked at the clock and saw she had only been sleeping for four hours.

“This is Stacy…” she said as she answered the phone, glancing to see Sam’s (her supervisor) number on the id.

“Stacy- I am sorry to wake you up at this hour, but there has been an explosion at the hospital. Bodies are coming in…”

Stacy sighed “You know Sam, they will still be there when I start my shift in four hours, it’s not like they are going to get up and walk away.”

“Didn’t get much sleep eh?” Sam replied, with a hint of laughter on his voice.

“How could you tell?? I’ll be in soon, tell them to take a number and make themselves comfortable…although steel trays are hard to get comfy on.” Stacy grumbled.

“Oh dear…see you in a few”

Click

Kicking the covers back, and throwing a mini fit, Stacy was able to get herself out of bed. It was a good thing she worked with the dead because she looked like she belonged with them right now. Thankfully they can’t judge what they see, Stacy thought to herself.

Locking up the door, she headed out to the morgue, and in the horizon she could see the smoke rising in the air.

What caused this??? Here’s to another long day in the shop…what wonders will I find?

21. JessWrite

Dara White

"I-I had a kitten once. It died." Rue said, followed by a wide grin. Dara tried to smile back, but she knew it didn't look genuine. The way Rue had spoken, she had sounded like she was trying to be sympathetic, but Dara wasn't so sure. She had seen the way the girl could be when her and Alica had first arrived on the beach. Was she being naive again, in believing this girl portrayed innocence?

"I'm sorry. I don't talk to people much..."
    Rue explained quickly, scratching her abnormally large ears. Dara answered her own question, smiling for real this time. She suddenly felt very sorry for the poor girl.

"Aw, no. You don't need to be sorry. It's always sad to lose someone you love, including pets," Dara gave a gentle, comforting pat on Rue's shoulder. "Now, I can't stand around here much longer..."

Dara turned to Draco and Alica, "Come on guys! How do you want to get over there?" She pointed to the smoke that was gradually rising higher in the sky. "Walk, jump, run, ride, bounce, soar, swim? You know I've got my connections," Dara laughed, doing a few quick toe touches, stretching her body without even bending her spine.

22. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Alica Jennings

"Come on guys! How do you want to get over there?" Dara pointed to the smoke that was gradually rising higher in the sky. "Walk, jump, run, ride, bounce, soar, swim? You know I've got my connections."

"I say we drive. Or walk...walking is good!" Alica piped in. Dara gave her a strange look so she edited her statement. "Or just anything that doesn't include riding on top of buses or swinging from building tops." Dara sighed and rolled her eyes but Alica was just grateful Dara couldn't carry all of them. She looked at the rising smoke and hugged her arms. It made her sick to her stomach to think of all the people that might have been killed. She didn't want to go to wherever the smoke was coming from. She didn't want to see more dead bodies piled up because of some sick villian. She tugged subconsiously on necklace she wore around her neck. Her mother had given it to her before she died. She had said it was a gift from her father before he disappeared. She had said it would help make her brave when she needed to be. Now was one of those times.

She looked over at Rue who was smiling happily at the dress she had just received, then at Dara who looked like she was ready to kick some bad guy butt, and then to Draco who looked saddened and angry that people were being killed.She saw why Dara was crushing on him. He had a very intriuging demeanor about him. Who was she but a scared highschooler who had the ability to spy on people during the most embarrassing moments? Like that time she had accidently had a 'vision' of Tommy, her junior high crush, making out with one of the cheerleaders, or of her Aunt's boyfriend walking into the bathroom. She shook her head gratefully as she remembered that she had managed to the end the vision before it got bad. Draco could turn into a dragon, Dara could absorb any punch thrown at her and this Rue looked like she could handle herself in a fight. Alica got the wonderfull ability of spying on people and nearly killing herself, or at least her lungs, each time she did. She tapped down the thoughts. She needed to think positivly. At least she could be a supportive friend.
    After a few moments of silence Alica piped up again.

"I think there is a trolley nearby that would take us to that part of town. That way we don't have to fly, or walk, or swing!" She offered a smile.

23. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Reflect

"I have no desire to use you. But I can help you, at least for a little while. IF..." He paused for some time, trying to look into her eyes, to get her to trust him, if only for a moment. "IF you will allow me to touch that collar of yours. Believe me, I can help you, but I will need your help at the school. Currently, I cannot take you to your friend, as my current state does not allow that." He reached over to her to touch the collar. He would be able to use his power to redirect the shock back at the collar, perhaps frying it in the process. He didn't know. But, at least it would stop her from being shocked.

The young lady fired another blast at him, and he redirected that as well. However, this one had gotten closer to him. His powers were wearing thin, being in three places at once. Not to mention he was using additional powers with the gravity woman. It was strenuous, but he could pull out from the other building. That would help a bit.

He gathered himself, stretching his third self to the building with the young, as there was no mirror nearby his other self. As he felt some power returning, the young girl sent another bolt of lightning at him. This one he was able to redirect more easily, and further away, but it was still straining. He had been correct. This was not a good idea.

24. AnonyMouse

Shoshanna Underwood

“I have no desire to use you. But I can help you, at least for a little while. IF..." Reflect paused to stare into her eyes, but her gaze remained cold and unrelenting. “IF you will allow me to touch that collar of yours. Believe me, I can help you, but I will need your help at the school. Currently, I cannot take you to your friend, as my current state does not allow that.”

He reached out to touch the collar. Not so fast. Shoshanna caught his hand in an iron grip. One part of her didn’t want to trust him, but another part of her knew he meant no harm. He hadn’t hurt anyone at the department store the previous day.

The mirrors… something about the mirrors drives him mad, she thought. How could she work with someone who might go insane at a moment’s notice? On the other hand, she was around such people all the time. How was this any different?

With a small sigh, Shoshanna released his hand. She brushed her hair behind her ear, baring her neck and the black metal choker there. She felt like a mortal submitting herself to a vampire.

“Fine. For the children's sake, I will do as you ask,” she said, in a far less hostile tone. “But later we need to have a talk about your personal hang-ups. Smashing mirrors is hardly appropriate behavior, sir... not that I am in any position to criticize."

25. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

"I think there is a trolley nearby that would take us to that part of town. That way we don't have to fly, or walk, or swing!"

Draco smiled slightly "The fastest way to get there is if i fly us over there we need to get there as soon as we can people could be dieing, i doubt il be able to change back but i can get you three there then maybe you could help. Il do my best in dragon form." Draco walked back a few steps and glowing lights surrounded him again transforming him back to dragon form. When he turned his head to the three they could see the tiredness in his eyes though he tried to mask it.

<Hop aboard everyone i can carry three of you easily enough> He had noticed Rues quietness when the mentioned about helping he closed his mind for a second to the other two and spoke to Rue alone <If you are scared little one stay with me when we get there il protect you, if anything happens you remember my home, teleport back there and hide till i can get to you there's an apartment behind one of the doors you can seal it so no one but me can enter, You can speak to me in you mind no one but me will hear.>