The Awkward Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 8Bit Bob, Mar 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Oh, man, I've done that so many times!

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    The weirdest thing to ever happen when I was married, was when someone
    broke into her Yaris and stole all of her shoes out of the car. Left the stereo,
    cd book, just took like 7 pairs of heels. :p

Shenanigator likes this.
  3. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

I'm going on a nice li'l date soon and thought I'd get a nice dress fit for the occasion...

The person I bought the dress from sent me the wrong package, so I had to pick it up at the store. At the store I realized "hey, they don't have package delivery to this place, they must mean... the store where I used to live". Turns out I almost had my pretty dress sent to my ex's apartment and the only thing that "saved" me was that the person I bought it from had accidentally sent me a bigger package.

Here to hoping the date won't be as awkward, but knowing me... :bigoops:

4. Carly Berg

Carly Berg Active Member

My husband and I used to walk/jog a lot. One day when I was out walking the block, I thought my husband had decided to surprise me and come to join me because the guy who was approaching me was about his size and wore the general same kind of clothes (I had forgotten to wear my glasses/contacts). I shouted "Hi sweetie!" at him from a block away. He just kind of halfway waved back. When I realized it was some strange guy, I was embarrassed so I went home. After that, I saw him out walking all the time but his wife was always with him and she'd glare at me.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  5. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

My Dad went and punched a guy on a building site once - when my mother wolf-whistled him from a distance. Different times.

6. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

In middle school, I had a crush on this guy in my gym class. We were playing hockey (not on ice) and I accidentally brought my hockey stick down on his fingers.

honey hatter and Shenanigator like this.
  7. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

[Raises hand] Fellow klutz here...In 5th grade when we were going across the outdoor courtyard as a shortcut to art class, in the rain, I slipped and fell right front of my crush and knocked him down with me in front of the rest of our class. He was a gentleman, helped me up, and helped me pick up my stuff. I was mortified.

GlitterRain7 likes this.
  8. MachineGryphon

MachineGryphon Member

Oh I have a few...they're one of the many reasons I quit drinking. I don't fall over or pass out or slur my speech. My mouth runs at a mile a minute and then I'm left in a state of total panic over what I've said the next day.

But we'll start with a younger and more innocent one.
    I must have been around six or seven, in Sainsbury's with my mum. For some reason she was in deep conversation with the cashier, and I was around the back of the till with said cashier. I remember being mind-numbingly bored and fiddling around with the desk. Eventually I found this little button under it and pressed it for the sake of it. Screaming alarms ensued, and security guards came running over, but naturally couldn't find anyone making trouble. They seemed to eventually dismiss it as a false alarm, but one of them joked "It was you, wasn't it?" to me, and I remember being unable to even look at him, such was my shame. Thankfully that one doesn't haunt me, but it was a precursor for awkwardness to come.

Shenanigator likes this.
  9. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Elevator fart with the, at the time unknown, head of a company I'd been dealing with. The dude laughed and farted back and we just kept laughing until we reached his office - then we laughed some more.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  10. PoemNerd212

PoemNerd212 Contributor Contributor

My family helps out at this horse ranch; my sister and I are day camp counselors, my mom is a manager, and my dad volunteers sometimes. After work this past Friday, I told my family how my day went, which included this thing my coworker did with her own horse and a few of the camp kids that I didn’t really agree with. While I didn’t think it was very safe or smart, it didn’t seem like anything to make a big fuss about. However, when my mom heard about it, she decided that it was big enough of a deal to tell my boss. The next morning, I got a text from one of the other managers asking for “my side of the story”... so I’m not looking forward to the next time I’m going to see my coworker.

honey hatter, 8Bit Bob and Cave Troll like this.
  11. ThunderAngel

ThunderAngel Contributor Contributor

Running passionately into thunderstorms as a child and not being able to put into words why I couldn't help doing it to my common sense parents.

Now, I know that it was an agonizing desire for the world to more epic, primal, and liberating than it appeared to be. I had an unbridled love affair with strong storms because they brought the world of expectation and conformity to a stand-still. And for the time that they lasted, I felt that I belonged.

I had very complex feelings for a little one. I still have those feelings, but as an adult, I can now sympathize with my deeply rational parents for having to learn to cope with a deeply romantic child.

12. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Uh, it's not what I think it is, is it?

13. PoemNerd212

PoemNerd212 Contributor Contributor

...Depends on what you think it is o_O :p Hah, it’s probably not. Like I said, it wasn’t anything too serious, although that’s only the case cause nobody got hurt.

Shenanigator and Homer Potvin like this.
  14. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Omg, this is awkward and strange and kinky.
    I was listening to my asmr on YouTube to help me sleep, I had passed out, I came to because her voice was behind me nuzzling my right ear as we spooned. LOL. I was dreaming ok!?! I thought the voice in my ear was one of the girls from the writing forum, I had no control over any of this except to think ahhh this is a relaxing whisper in my ear. It continued like that for minutes until I was lucid enough to come to... that was the most surreal experience, I definitely went Down the rabbit hole on this one, no control....

Cave Troll and matwoolf like this.
  15. matwoolf

Even awake, I just sit here, hold it up against the screen, hoping against hope somebody might see it, and feel my needs.

PoemNerd212 and Cave Troll like this.
  16. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Matwoolf your plushie animal?

17. matwoolf

Yes, my hairy mascot tiger.

PoemNerd212 and Cave Troll like this.
  18. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Mine was a vampire biting my neck sucking life out of me, vampire Asmr. I fell asleep with headphones on.

19. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    My old friend's widow is apparently a moderately big thing in the youTube ASMR community, but I just can't bring myself to listen to her whispering soothingly in my ear, it feels like a betrayal.

Cave Troll likes this.
  20. Cave Troll

What's the channel name?
    There are like a billion ASMR channels.

21. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

I love strange but I draw the line at my family reading my vampire erotic novels when I publish! OMG I have to buy every copy in town!

IndigoStars ASMR

Cave Troll likes this.
  22. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Is the genre erotica or horror?

when I first read this I thought it said ...bury every copy in town!
    freudian or what?

honey hatter and Cave Troll like this.
  23. Cave Troll

Horror/Erotica-Could be a genre hybrid.

honey hatter likes this.
  24. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Im not the first to blaze that trail. *Licks her fangs looking at Bram Stoker's bones above her fireplace.*
    I raise a glass to you sir, without you where would I be? That's right. We used our charms on you so the humans would think us a myth again. *A smile like no other shown fangs in the firelight.*

Cave Troll and Some Guy like this.
  25. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Oooh... vam-prose! Or is it vam-poetry?

It's... Avante' Vampoire
    (*slurping sound*)

Edit: my story is things going right, after global catastrophy:

Post Apocalyptopia?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    honey hatter and Cave Troll like this.