The Bechdel test: How is it possible so many movies fail?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by GingerCoffee, Nov 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

You should address the BLS data if you have an issue with it. I'm only pointing out it is discrepant with your personal experience and that when it comes to data, a well researched supported broad data base will always be more relevant than a limited personal experience.

The idea is to systematically collect anecdotal data (household surveys) without selective confirmation bias. No one, least of all me, is questioning your personal experience. I am merely saying you should consider that your experience is not representative of the whole. The BLS data is.

2. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

"Young professionals" may be the majority of your personal circle, but I'd guess that they're a quite small minority of the work force. Employers are motivated to get as many hours as they can out of salaried workers. Workers that get paid by the hour get paid by the hour; extra hours aren't free the way they are with those young professionals.

GingerCoffee likes this.