The Dragons of Hakon: Sink or Swim

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Keitsumah, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Blaine blinked......after what seemed like forever.

"Hmm ah it must be a sign." He said looking at the lightning.

"Well since Iaga is your teacher I'll help teach along with it. You could probably use more then one anyway."

Blaine started walking towards the wall. "Normally you should never do this." He said shaking his finger at her. "But you won't learn much in here. So stand back." Blaine's back was facing the bars as he placed his hand on the wall which the window was on.

Blaine applied a small bit of pressure and started shaking his. The entire room started to wobble. Air thin cracks started forming up the wall. Dust and pebbles began falling on both Karen and Blaine's heads......suddenly......BOOM. Even the five men stationed outside were knocked off their feet by Blaine's incredible power.

The bars of the cell even made a disgusting sound of metal clanging against other hard surfaces and the bars on the window simply snapped upwards four loud pangs all in a row which echoed.

The entire wall was shattered from Blaine merely vibrating. The stones landed a few feet away from them as they flew outward with small crackling noises.

"Shall we be off Miss Karen?" Blaine asked stepping out of the prison ignoring the guards whom were still gathering themselves.

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Not waiting for Blaine, the girl went running on her own toward the lightnings, yet she tripped a few seconds, she stood up again and tried to run only to trip again. After several tries she decided just to walk, as while running to keep her own balance was something hard. Living all her life into a cavern with very little ground almost completely covered by water gave her not enough space to run, hence this was in real the first time she was running to a place.

"Blaine come, come, we have to go to the lightning..." screamed the girl looking at the man behind her.
    Eventually she caught speed, but she wasn't running in two legs, instead she was using her hands and legs, thus running in four like an animal; after all the best way to move inside a cavern is to crawl inside of it; also as she was used to the darkness of the Marble's Cathedral, the blackened sky meant nothing to her.

Soon would she see the dragons for the first time in her life....

3. Kingtype

Blaine ran after her though he was much slower.

He was much slower then her though. His body shaking the ground every time his foot smashed into the ground it shook with immense force.

"Karen wait! Its not safe!" He his voice came out in an echoed roar as he chased after her. "Also one who does not walk up right shall not keep his head high!" He said trying to teach her. Though his words were pointless.

Blaine new what was going on..............dragons.

4. lixAxil

"These are a very unique kind of creatures on this world. The Dragons are beings gifted with both intelligence and strenght, making them even more powerful than the dominant races of this world. But Dragons are also wise beings, they seek for more deep and valuable things with this world, hence you won't see them anywhere. Now dragons's like the antropomorphic beings exists in different races; they follow a common trait though; they're bigger than people, sometimes a little, others they're even bigger than the Marble's Cathedral; their skin can be covered by different elements, such as rocks or fire, but the most are covered by scales; they often show tails that are a large protrusion born from the bottom part of your back; and wings that are a pair of protrusions born from the upper part of your back, like the ones of the birds; yet this is not mandatory of course. Just like the humans, dwarves and other kinds of people, some dragons are able to speak our language...... Be aware Karen as dragons are proud creatures, make sure to pay your respect greeting them in the right way like I taught you days ago...."

After that, Karen insisted on Iaga to tell her more about the dragons, thus these memories inmediatly showed on her mind as soon as she saw the dragons.

Iaga told Karen to greet dragons thought the girl, who suddenly walked toward the creatures.

"HEEEY, Are you Dragon?, I am Karen, nice to... uum.... what where the words?..." Karen struggled for a moment, yet she quickly remembered it.

"Nice to meet you Dragon" said the girl sporting a smile and eyes of pure excitement.

JessWrite likes this.
  5. Kingtype

Blaine's eye widened in surprise as skidded to a halt behind the excited Karen.

For about minute the only thing that could be heard was the flapping of Blaine's coat.

"Miss Karen." He finally said. "You really get into trouble quick. One who seeks trouble will only be brought misery. Remember that." Blaine examined the Zebulon with interest his eyes friendly but a shining silver saber suddenly appeared in his hand. He'd produced it from he back of his coat.

Blained leaned down close to his new friend and whispred to her. "If it attacks we are going to run. You understand?" He asked. "Fighting my brethren is far to much of a hassle to be bothered with." He spoke from experience. "Also don't run off like that again. Most of all when you are unsure your surroundings." With that he turned back towards the beast. "Howdy!" He shouted at it.

6. lixAxil

Blaine's words confused the girl for a while, apparently he visioned Dragons differently than the way Iaga teached her, as thus she asked.

"Why would Dragon attack, Blaine?, Karen don't want to run, it's hard." said the girl turning to the man.

"OH!!! What's that Blaine?" exclaimed as soon as her eyes caught the blade of the man

She tried to find the appropiate definition for it within the teaches of Iaga, it didn't took to long for her though.

"Oh!! I know it, is a sword.... Iaga said that swords are bad because they kill.... Why are you going to kill, Blaine?" asked the girl, both excited and worried. Of course she didn't worried to lower her voice in front of the dragon.

JessWrite likes this.
  7. Kingtype

Blaine barked out an eerie laugh.

"Me? Kill a dragon? No way! At least not today. I have done it before though when it had to be done. But I loathe killing. So I won't kill this one. The sword is just for defense in case our friend here is hostile." He responded patting her on the head. "I'm making the judgement it might attack because it looks quite displeased."

He cocked his head at the dragon. "Though I suppose it is rude of me to draw a sword." Suddenly the mummy stabbed his blade in the ground, left it there and backed away beside Karen again. "There we are. We can all be pals now. I think.....dragons have never liked me very much. Still though I prefer not to harm them."

8. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Crazy, crazy, crazy...

The armored knight began walking toward the beach until a loud BOOM stopped him in his tracks. He looked to the sky, beyond the roofs of the mud huts and shacks, and saw dark clouds gathering. A fork of black lightning split the sky.

“The Darkness is coming,” the woman said beside him.

Jon turned to her, with a look of shock on his face. "Wait, you mean that’s not your doing?” he exclaimed, pointing to the black clouds. “I saw that minutes ago, but I thought it was another one of your illusions, demon!”

“Why would I conjure something like that!?” she said, offended.

“Why would you conjure sexy elves, prancing unicorns, and purple squirrels?” Jon said with a shrug. “I don’t know why you do any of the things you do.”

She crossed her arms and sulked. He had a point. “Fair enough. Keep walking,” she said, nodding toward the shore.

Jon moved one step before another loud crash --this one much closer than the thunder-- caught his attention. He wheeled around and looked toward the prison. A cloud of smoke was rising over the rooftop, but he couldn’t see what was happening. Then, he spotted two people run out from behind the building: the mummy and the psycho girl.

“The crazies are escaping,” Jon said, reaching for his sword.

The woman cocked her head to the side. “Hey, didn’t you just escape from-”

“Shut up. It was different for me. I’m not crazy,” Jon declared as he began to run after them. They had a sizeable lead already and seemed to be headed for the docks, the same direction he’d been headed. They would certainly arrive before him; he hoped they didn't hurt anyone.

“Not crazy, hmm?” the woman said as she hovered after him, visible only to his mind. “I guess talking to imaginary friends doesn’t make you crazy, does it…” She laughed. “Don’t run with swords, dear. You’ll put an eye out.”

Jon slowed for a moment, tucked his blade back into his scabbard and resumed running. “You’re not my mother. Don’t tell me what to do,” he grunted at the woman, but she just laughed.

"Try not to get into any trouble, dear. Momma's on her way, but it's going to take me a few minutes."

9. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Camdin Detector Of Evil!

Camdin continued to walk down the road. His sword revealed and hanging over his shoulder, letting the light that shined from it make a conflict between the weapon and the sky. The difference in the two was strange, it wasn't just a normal black or white. They seemed to be even more in contrast than the actual colors themselves. Yet this contrast wasn't just visual but it could be felt. Camdin small walk was interrupted by his wise and deep-voiced dragon friend.

"Camdin, what if she does fool you once again? What are you willing to do?" asked the dragon.

"Well it attempts on what she does. If she fools me again, we'll go back. Ask the knight where to find here, and I'll kick her ass. And if she tries to kill me, I'll kill her." Camdin explained with no hesitation in his voice. He knew a threat when it was present and who ever that so called goddess is, she is considered a threat. "Even the knight found her suspicious, but he assumed I was helpless."

"Even if you are not helpless, can you really hope to fight a god? Erde Welt said sarcastically.

"I hate when you do that. You and I both know that was no god. What would a god want with a knight? I don't understand what type of trick she was using but it was a damn good one."

"What do you intend on doing here? Do you still plan on selling your weapons on the island?"

Start at 0:25

Camdin kept in place, not moving an inch as he looked up toward the sky. His feet did not raise from the ground, yet his eyes did not move from the spot in the sky they focused on. He was displeased with the unappealing sight his green eyes had laid upon. The darkness that overwhelmed this island. Just as he looked back toward his destination, prepared to follow the trail once again, the black lightning struck. It moved at incredible speeds, attempting to strike Camdin down, but the scruffy haired dwarf raised his light sword and deflected the lightning.

"It is obviously dark magic." he explained. "Or dark energy of some sort, or else my attack using Segnung would not have been so effective without using light energy." Camdin's eyes squinted staring at the black sky that draped over a good percentage of the island. The harder he tried to focus on it, the lesser his grip on Segnung became.

"Don't focus on it, Camdin. The energy is too strong to try and detect all of it at once. Don't attempt to measure it." Erde Welt warned his dwarf companion.

The small creature continued to grasp the whole energy of the threat that was among this island. Erde Welt and Camdin had run into so many magical encounters that it is normal for them to sense magical energy of multiple types. But this energy, they were not sure if was magic or not, yet they did know it was powerful and that its origin was not friendly. Continuing to focus, Camdin dropped his sword to the ground and fell to one knee. Breathing heavily. "Hell." the dwarf exclaimed.

"We are going to have to save this island, like many others." Camdin exclaimed. "Its people are in grave danger."

Erde Welt didn't seem surprised but more concerned. "That task will be most difficult..."

After a while, the dwarf picked himself up and he continued down the pathway. Once the path ended he was looking at a...

10. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Dynamic Duo; Zebulon and Kethtria.

Zebulon dug his lower feet deep into the sand, lowered his head to human-height and let out a growl as deep as the thundering clouds above. His suspicion -that all wrapped-in-fabric beings were as violent as his instinct told him- was confirmed. The two-legged-offender with her cowardly long-range-stick-thrower was still aiming an arrow at his throat.

Briefly, he was distracted as a sea-dragon rose from the fine-blue waters. Zebulon had heard of the other dragons, but never seen one. To his dismay, the rumours were true; the other dragon was much larger. He snapped his head back to the woman in front of him, when two more humans came running towards the beach. One, the girl, seemed exhilarated to see him, though he had no recollection of seeing her. The man at her side struck hum as odd, even for a two-legged one. Except for one eye, the man was completely covered in fabric-strips. Zebulon wondered if all smaller-two-legged-ones would turn into fabric as they aged. It seemed quiet cruel for one human to dress in the remains of another one though, so he discarded the idea.

Kethtria leaned over the wounded man, he appeared to feel out of place, judging by the strange, twitchy movements he was making. "Be still, I can't heal you if you keep flopping around like that," Kethtria sighed. "And stop moaning, please, Zebby doesn't like it when people mo-"

"That isn't true, I just don't like it when you groan and complain," Zebulon interjected. Kethtria rolled her eyes at Zebulon, then noticed the woman was still threatening her dragon. So that persuasion spell didn't work, she sighed to herself. "Can you please sto- Hey!" She stormed up to Blaine as he flashed out his sword. Apparently there was a dragonblood collectors meeting planned on the beach. "Can you all please stop trying to kill my dragon?" She exclaimed, flailing her arms into the air. "Its thundering already, don't make Zebby add some lightning," she said.

"Don't call me Zebby," Zebulon snapped telepathically.

"My dragon said he will be most pleased to deliver an electrifying show tonight, free of charge and-"

"I didn't say that! You know I hate killing Keth."

Kethtria shot an icy glare at Zebulon, "I am just trying to save your life," she whispered into his mind.

Zebulon decided he'd learn to speak human-tongue as soon as possible. With Kethtria acting as his translator, things were bound to get out of hand.

"Alright, he didn't say that," Kethtira admitted. "But I will roast your asses if any of you comes even one step closer to Zebb-"

"ZebuLON," the dragon growled.

"Zebulon," Kethtria corrected. "Now, if anyone knows anything to heal three inch deep gashes, now would be the time to step forward," she added as she pressed her back against Zebulon's neck.

11. Kingtype

Friendly! FRIENDLY!

"Can you all please stop trying to kill my dragon?" The girl exclaimed

Blaine held up his hand in the air in the same fashion as he always did.

"Wow. I wasn't going to kill anything. I dislike killing. Most of all killing a brother. I'm a friendly." Blaine went on his raspy voice calm. "Mr. Zebby as you calm him seems like a fine young dragon. The sword was simply for protection in case he was hostile as dragons can be at times."

Blaine stretched his hands in the air. "One who kills without reason is can never have true joy........unless they really like killing for some reason. But nonetheless Miss Karen here made off this way so I had to follow her to ensure her safety. She's very naive." He said as nodded his head towards Karen.

12. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Koya Quinn

Koya held tightly to the rope around Luna's chest as her only companion and friend dove towards the earth. Luna spread her light blue wings and came to a soft landing on a hill overlooking BrillWater Cove. It was a beautiful island and she was glad she had decided to stay here for time. There were so many different types of people here that no one would notice or bother a strange woman with a scarf about her face. Or so Koya hoped.
    "You really should get out more. Make some friends." Luna said telepathically. Koya sighed irritably as this was a topic her dragon liked to bring up frequently.
    "I don't need friends." She replied. "Everyone has secrets and no matter how good they seem in person, they are always different when they think no one is looking."
    Luna made a sound much like a 'tsk'. "What an awful worldview, dear. You know that not everyone is like that."
    "Enough people are." Koya cursed her ability to see visions for the umpteenth time.

Just then Koya's eyes turned milky white and she saw a strange scene in her mind. A group of people and dragons had gathered around a fishing boat. Nearby on the ground was a man with horrible wounds on his chest as if he'd been attacked by a dragon. His face was pale and his breathing was shallow. It was obvious he'd lost alot of blood and was losing more.
    "If anyone knows anything to heal three inch deep gashes, now would be the time to step forward," She heard one of the woman gathered there say. Then the vision ended and her eyes cleared. Her real eyes spotted the group she'd seen in her vision down by the docks.
    Being in her mind, Luna had seen Koya's vision as well. "Well, aren't you going to help? That is what you've been perfecting your healing magic for isn't it?"
    "There are already alot of people gathered. They don't need my help."
    "No one has stepped forward to heal him. If you don't hurry he will surely die."

Koya sighed again in frustration. Healing the man would only succeed in drawing attention to herself. She'd have to leave the island again or risk having tons of people flock to her for healing. After a moment of hesitation she finally consented and allowed Luna to fly her down to boat. When they landed, Koya slid off the dragon and instinctively ran a hand across the blue scarf that concealed her unsightly features. It was still there, hiding her past from all but Koya herself. Without speaking a word she pushed her way through the crowd and knelt beside the man with gashes. Without asking permission she lay a hand on his chest and a blue tinted light shone from her palm as she began the healing process.

13. AnonyMouse

Touched by an angel

Jon chased the escaped lunatics nearly all the way to the docks. But, as he rounded the last row of houses, he skidded to a stop and ducked behind a building, to watch from a safe distance.

“Lost your nerve?” the woman teased.

“Shhhh, silence,” Jon hissed as he watched the two crazies walk into a very interesting group of people and creatures. As a demon hunter, Jon had learned not to rush headlong into dangerous situations. He counted two dragons, an armed woman, an elf, a scared and bleeding man in chains, and, as if that wasn’t enough, the two crazies joined the bunch.

If ‘dangerous situation’ were in the dictionary, this scene would be depicted beside the text.

“I didn’t sign up for this,” Jon muttered under his breath as he watched for a few minutes. The bandaged man drew a sword, then set it down. The archer girl seemed the most hostile, but she hadn’t shot anyone… yet. The water dragon was just floating there, watching. But the wind dragon and its elfin master seemed to be on the defensive; no surprise, considering they were surrounded.

“There’s too many of them. I don’t know if they mean any harm… but the town will be in trouble if they start fighting,” Jon said to himself. “What do you think, dragon? Is this the ‘darkness’ you spoke of?” he asked his companion.

The woman stared at him incredulously for a moment, surprised that he was actually asking for advice from her. But, after a long pause, she smiled and simply said, “No, they are not of the Void. I don’t sense evil in them. Perhaps you should go out there and-”

“No. I think I’d rather watch a little longer,” the knight said, observing from a safe distance. The situation seemed to be calming down; he saw no reason to intervene. “This doesn’t warrant my involvement.”

They both remained silent for a very long time, until his companion finally said: “Shall I conjure you up some courage, knight? Would you feel better if they were all standing in their underwear, even the dragons?”

“I don’t think that would make anyone feel better,” Jon said, “except you.”

She smiled warmly, but the smile quickly vanished. “Did you hear that, Jon?” she said, leaning over his shoulder. “I think the elf is asking for a healer?”

“I know… but there’s nothing I can do,” the knight said, frustrated with his own uselessness. He had a first aid kit in his saddlebags, but had lost his horse. Still, what good was a first aid kit on cuts so deep? “Dammit,” he grumbled. “That man is dying. We should… we… we should find a healer, or-”

“Look,” his companion pointed as another dragon descended from the sky, bearing a woman. A scarf concealed the lower half her face. She said nothing. She did not argue or fight or cause trouble. Instead, she went straight to the wounded man and began healing him.

Jon stared, with wide eyes. Although her actions were simple, what she did was so… so… perfect he was struck silent. She was a paragon of human decency and compassion and…

“She’s an angel,” Jon said, mostly to himself.

Nya just rolled her eyes.

14. TheLeonard112

Camdin And The Treasure

As Camdin finally made his way down the path towards his payment, he was met by a tree. A tree stood at the end of the path and let his eyes stick on it for a good while. After breaking out his his trance, he looked at the ground directly in front of the tree's base. He gave the dirt a wide smile as he slowly released his sword from its holster, which was hidden once he began to walk back down the path. Pointing the sword at the ground once again, a bright light made the area around the tree radiant.

Looking at the ground, there was once again a large hole. Camdin put his sword away for it not to be taken out again until he met the evil threat roamed this island. He jumped into the whole, which was much deeper than the first hole. As he was met with a bag, he picked it up and shook it around to make sure of the sound of gold. As he became sure, he turned towards the direction Erde Welt was.

"Take me home, Erde." the dwarf demanded.

At this moment, not too deep in the Earth was a vine that was large in size. It ran through the dirt, finally making its way to the hole. Right above the hole, it waited for Camdin. The dwarf held the gold tight and climbed out of the hole and onto the vine. There, the vine was soon lifted high into the air, and began raising him back to where Erde Welt was parked. Yet, while high in the sky, the dwarf saw a strange occurrence on by the docks of the island. So many dragons, and people in strange positions. Suddenly he was felt a magical energy come from the area, and a blue light accompanied this feeling. It felt warm hearted, and light. "Someone to assist me to fight the upcoming evi?" he questioned himself. Yet, he was somewhat concerned by so many other people there. As he saw this he left his gold, and forged weapons on the vine. "Make sure these get covered on you somewhere." he exclaimed to Erde as he jumped off the vine. After free falling for a while, looking to meet his inevitable death, he pulled out his sword and pointed it the opposite way of the docks. Suddenly, a large beam of white light emerged from the beam and began to push him toward the docks. After a very short period of time, he splashed into the water next to the boat on the beach. After popping his head from the water, he took a deep breath. And a few miles behind him, a large land mass was swimming toward him.

"What is going on here?" he asked confused.

15. Macaberz

Zebulon & Kethtria

"Kethtria"

"Yes?"

"I think I am going mad."

Kethtria chuckled, but with no one being able to hear the conversation she was having with her dragon, she thought it best to cover it up. "And why do you think that?" Kethtria inquired. Zebulon replied with another question,"these people, they aren't normal people are they?" Kethtria glanced over the one-eyed-mummy, the psychotic looking girl at his side, the angry looking woman, the sea dragon and the still casually-dying wounded man. She was about to reply when a small figure shot through the air, leaving a blinding white light in his trail. It landed with a loud splash, a few feet into the water, then popped out it's head. "Well aside from shooting dwarfs, and knights talking to air, and bandage man...and-" She turned her head towards Zebulon. "Point granted, now you never get to call me mad again."

Zebulon groaned. He was about to reply when he smelled a familiar scent in the air. A female, a female air dragon! She landed just seconds later. A scarfed woman hopped off and stepped straight towards the injured man. Zebulon stepped aside to give her some more space. He was much too focused on the beautiful, full grown air dragon in front of him to notice that he was splashing his tail in the water and nearly crushing the dwarf with it.

Kethtria was much too busy opening and closing her jaw. Dwarfs flying through the sky? Knights muttering to the air? A storm rumbling over the ocean? This is going to be one hell of an adventure!

16. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Let's Play

Three dragons, plus a land mass that appeared to be a dragon. Make that, four dragons.

Amara's eyes widened at the sight, yet she never dropped her bow. Instead, she continued to stare in disgust at the 'friendly' dragon and elf. Were all blind to the potential danger? The vermin must be exterminated at once! Though, obviously there were much serious matters--distractions--to tend to. Like the injured man or the fact that a dwarf had appeared from nowhere.

Lightening crackled in the distance and her eyes lifted to the darkened sky. The air smelled of destruction...why not add to its scent?

Clearing her throat, Amara turned to the occupants of the beach. "Take cover all, for I will be handlin' these dragon vermin! For it is my duty to be keepin' all safe from harm, or else another will fall injured." she shouted.

Before any could protest, Amara shifted direction and took aim at the newly arrived air dragon. Adrenaline pumped in her veins, her breath quickened, and a smile played on her lips as she pulled the bowstring taunt. The opportunity she had been waiting for had arrived and she couldn't afford to miss.

"Let's play, dragon." she muttered as her arrow was released.

17. lixAxil

The girl positioned and launched herself against the girl with the arrow.

"You don't kill the Dragon!!!" screamed Karen while tackling Amara with her body, a body as strong as a mix of rocks propelled by the girl without gauging her own strenght.

"You are a bad PEOPLE, why you want to kill Dragon?" asked the girl

18. TheLeonard112

...Swimming...

Camdin swam to shore and watched the conflict between the two people as he stood up on the shore and looked at the boat.

"No need to act rashly." he exclaimed to them both. "We don't need to cause any conflict. You people seem unique, and unique usually signals that you have skill. I need strength, it seems something evil is on this island and is a large threat." the dwarf exclaimed. While he shook his legs, attempting to dry himself off.

19. AnonyMouse

your knight in shining armo-- aw, screw it

The knight watched in horror as the girl with the bow turned her sights on the wind dragon that had just arrived - -the dragon that had brought the woman who was saving a man’s life! Of all the crazy things he’d seen today, this one lit a fire in him. His body reacted before his mind comprehended the situation.

“Nooooo!” Jon cried out as he charged from his hiding place and sprinted across the sand, unsheathing his sword as he went.

“There’s a good boy…” Nya whispered in his mind and the image of the woman vanished with a smile on her face.

But heavy armor and soft sand didn’t mix. Jon felt like he was moving in slow motion. He was barely halfway there when the psycho girl sprang onto the archer, like a lioness pouncing on a gazelle. Jon slowed to a stop and stared as the dwarf tried to talk them down.

The knight just sighed and stabbed his sword into the ground. “This is ridiculous,” he muttered.

20. Kingtype

A hand gripped Amara's shoulder as she was tackled by Karen and pulled her back.

Blaine had some materialized behind the young lady and had been there for sometime. He found it disgusting that she'd just randomly attack a dragon for no reason. He didn't let it show......not that it would show anyway.

Blaine's foot went on Karen's head holding the berserker girl back. It wasn't bothering him though. "Hiya!" Blaine greeted Amara with a wave and turned to Karen. "Miss Karen this is poor self control on your part. Count take deep breathes and count to ten."

21. Macaberz

Zebulon and Kethtria

Kethtria had been gawking at the newly arrived Dragon and its mysteriously dressed rider.

"Let's play, dragon."

She didn't attack Zebulon. Something which, Kethtria considered to be a good thing, for her.

We don't need to cause any conflict. You people seem unique, and unique usually signals that you have skill. I need strength, it seems something evil is on this island and is a large threat.

Why do people always start long speeches when there is a thousand things going one in an instant? It truly fascinated her how this Dwarf imagined them to hear, understand and then comply to his little speech in the two seconds that it took for Amara to attack, and the one extra second it took for the crazy, blabbering girl to tackle the huntress. Truly, it was a most interesting subject. Particularly since she only managed to look flabbergasted in the gigantic stretch of the four seconds it took for all the events to unfold. She considered then that the knight had taken a far more appropiate, punchier and to-the-point choice of words: 'No!'

Zebulon followed the knight's short-winded example and let out a deafening roar.

22. AnonyMouse

Tremble mortals, for the day of Nyaladcthulxoteph hath cometh

Jon stood dumbfounded as the bandaged man tried to talk some sense into the girl. For a moment, it looked as if things were calming down…and then the dragon roared. Jon quickly snatched up his sword. It wasn’t that he planned on attacking; he just wanted to be ready. But nothing could prepare him for what happened next.

Because of the soft sand, he couldn’t feel the deep rumble in the earth. Because he was focused on the horse-sized wind dragon in front of him, he didn’t notice the house-sized earth dragon surfacing about fifty paces away. First, the sand began to rise, pushing upward in a mound. Crabs and shellfish and other burrowing creatures fled from it, like rats from a sinking ship. Then the sand collapsed, forming an enormous sink hole, and that’s where the massive claw emerged.

One big reptilian paw broke the surface. Its rusty metallic claws were as long as his sword. A second paw emerged shortly after, and then a head as the creature pulled itself up from the sinkhole. To his surprise, a second set of arms came up afterward. The dragon was already twice as tall as the neighboring mud huts and she was only halfway out of the ground.

And halfway was all she got. The knight raised one eyebrow, curiously.

As impressive as the sight was, Jon quickly realized she was stuck. Nyaladcthulxoteph began trying to free herself, hoping no one would notice. “Damn this sand! I was doing just fine in the bedrock,” she said into Jon’s mind as her four arms began shoveling away the sand around her body… but it just kept flowing back in.

”You should probably go back down and come up someplace else,” he said, telepathically. “Go, before you make a fool of yourself.”

"No, I can do it. Just give me a moment," she said, still shoveling away sand and wriggling her enormous body. The clanking of metal plates was enough to drive a man mad... thankfully, everyone present was already insane. "It's been a while since I've surfaced. That's all," she said. "I'm just a little rusty at this... pun intended."

23. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Draven the Sea Witch

The seaweed forest, an endless expanse of undulating green fronds that stretched up forever. Nothing good lived there. Parents told their children cautionary tales about it every night as they were putting them to sleep. One of those tales was about a very real, very palpable danger: Draven, the Sea Witch. She killed for pleasure, sucked her victims dry and conjured up demons, they said. She was eviiil.

In reality, Draven mostly stayed inside her makeshift hut, scared of outsiders hunting her down and punishing her for a crime she committed when she was too young and emotional to be held accountable. Little did she know, none of the merfolk from her village could do her any harm, they were no match for her magical abilities. At that very moment, Draven was patching a hole in the roof of her home, a precarious structure made of intertwining fish bones. Before she could finish, Draven felt a disturbance in the Ocean. Her first thought was that the villagers were coming for her. "C'mon, give it your best shot!" the Sea Witch cried hysterically. She spread out her arms wide and all the seaweed for miles around flattened to the ground, but nothing was there. "Hmm, if it's not them, then what could it be? What is going on, Ocean?"

Draven expanded her senses to get a better feel about what could be happening. Whatever it was, it was making the sea waters chop and churn irritably, and it was getting on Draven's nerves. Whatever was happening, the Ocean was in distress and the Ocean was Draven's only friend; she would get rid of the problem for her steadfast companion. The Sea Witch flew inside her fishy hut, grabbed her rusted rose-gold tritan and swam back out toward the bubbling surface. She sped her journey by make the water currents propel her body up and up and up. As she went, she grabbed a fistful of eight-foot-long seaweed to use as whips in her other hand, just in case. When she was almost to the top, she saw a wayward fishing net floating by and rocketed straight through it. The net snagged around her head like a cape and she kept going, carrying it with her.

She was less than a quarter mile from the surface. With a final push, the Ocean lifted the Sea Witch into open air. Foam bubbles erupted all around her as Draven emerged from the murky water, her fishnet slung haphazardly on her shoulders. She could only imagine how terrifyingly ugly she looked, in her tattered dress with her hair sticking out all over her head and her shocking sea-green eyes blazing. Directly in front of her was a beach and on it was a group of warring strangers. Draven didn't hesitate, she just waved her antique tritan and sent a hefty tidal wave roaring toward them to get them wet and get their attention.

"Who is messing with my Ocean?!" Draven cried, her voice haggard and rough from disuse. She really did sound like an evil witch; the people from her village were right, all along.

24. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Aches...and more aches

Amara returned the mummy's greeting with a scowl. The crazed girl had nearly knocked the life out of her! Still her pride managed to get in the way of thankfulness. "I...didn't...need...help." she gasped out as pain spread throughout her body, piercing like a hundred needles. Without another word, she turned away.

Her balance wavered right as one of the dragons complained, sending Amara on her rump. A headache nagged its way in, beating into her skull when the roaring ceased. Amara groaned. After all this was over, she'd need to do some meditation...if she wasn't celebrating, that is.

"You are a bad PEOPLE, why you want to kill Dragon?" the girl had screamed. The dragon huntress sighed at the question. She had a perfectly acceptable reason why she wanted to kill all dragons in their midst.

"Bad people don't be keepin' others safe, little girl. Dragons are dangerous murderers. They kill, so therefore I kill." Amara replied as she remained seated on the ground. Or, will kill. she thought.

Before she had the chance to end her headache, the horrid sound of metal against metal played in her ears. With gritted teeth, Amara searched for the owner of the sound, a giant mass...none other than a mighty earth dragon. Wonderful.

Two earth, two wind, and one water...her list was certainly piling up, and yet Amara frowned.

25. TheLeonard112

Wave Pool

As Zebulon roared, Camdin noticed that Karen seemed different. She did not seem to be too healthy in the mind, and the bandaged man only helped point out this factor in her personality. Suddenly a creature that somewhat resembled Erde Welt, began to dig out of the ground. The dwarf turned towards his previous acquaintance Jon, and spoke out. "Jon, please control yourself and your dragon before something rash happens. You guys must understand, no one here is the enemy. No one here is capable of holding enough dark energy that I presence. We need to be as careful and prepared as possible for the upcoming threat to our lives and the lives of everyone on this island." he exclaimed. He expressed his dire need for assistance through the glare in his green eyes.

Yet, as the dwarf had finished his sentence, Erde Welt swam close enough to be seen in all his glory. His turtle-like face, his alligator-like arms, legs and tail. And his large body that resembled an island of itself, yet a tad bit smaller. "This is my dragon, Erde Welt. I am Camdin. We go around the world, on adventures. And we encounter threats, but nothing like this. It is causing this abnormal storm." he exclaimed. Suddenly a large tidal wave came hurling toward the beach. Camdin quickly revealed his glowing sword, and a beam was released from it. This beam of light went through the wave and caused it to collapse upon itself.