The Dragons of Hakon: Sink or Swim

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Keitsumah, Jul 24, 2013.

1. NeonFraction

NeonFraction New Member

"SHUT UP!" Sudden pain assaulted Bins' head. What was that?! It felt like a headache. Only noisier! "OFF MY-" Hangover. That was the word Bins was looking for. It felt like someone shouting at you during a hangover. "-DY ISLAND!" The voice cut out. The hangover stopped. Immediately. So... not like a hangover.

Bins looked around, and saw only people talking quietly around him as they tended to Karen. That voice. It was telepathy, wasn't it? Telepathy and magic in general didn't work too well with Bins. He suspected it had something to do with having both elf and dwarf blood, but had no frame of reference to expand his theory. Then again, 'I suck at magic' wasn't so much a theory as it was a sad fact.

"Is she, uh..." he shuffled a bit closer to the group, telepathy forgotten in the presence of Karen's screams, "Is she gonna be okay?" No immediate reponse. A small part of him (a small part which comprised about 90% of his personality) wanted praise. After all, he had just killed three crabs! Big, evil crabs! That were upside down and freakish! Of course, so had they... And probably more than three... They had probably done it faster than him, too...

Well, so what! He had saved someone's life! Even if she was currently fingerless and wailing and bleeding on the ground, he had still saved her!

...mostly.

Frustrated, Bins tried to think of some encouragement for Karen. Back in the forests, when he or one of his brothers were hurt, they would tell each other: 'Il Myrn Linmos.' It was a phrase said to the wounded to enourge strength and control in the face of pain. It roughly translated to: 'Don't piss yourself.'

"Uh, so... hang in there!" Bins awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "Just... be happy. And stuff."

He had tried.

2. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

The Dwarf Knight Rises

As everyone else seemed to noticed the disturbance, Camdin made a note in his mind to remind them of this later. Though, the pure shock on some of their faces, including that of Nya, had given off the idea some of them knew more on the subject than he did. He planted his arms into the sand, parallel to each other, giving of the impression of a push up position. He then pushed down on his arms, attempting to raise himself from his sandy bed.

Blood from his clothing dripped onto the sand. So much blood from the sky and from the beasts that had been crushed. He picked up his sword off the ground and noticed the field of dead insectizeals. His eyes squinted, noticing that Koya was attempting to heal Karen, yet it did not seem to be working. Camdin turned to Erde Welt, his sword still dimmed, but beginning to shine like a broken light. "Is there any way we can help that girl?" asked the dwarf to his dragon telepathically.

"She isn't an ordinary human, she is different."

"How so? Besides her enormous strength, that is."

"Her skin, her flesh, is made out of minerals. The type I eat."

"You mean the ones I mined not too long ago?"

"Yes."

"Pass me one, I want to try something."

A large diamond like object was thrown by a vine off of Erde Welt's back. Camdin caught it, with his arms extended, after concealing his sword. As he caught it, he puffed, trying to gain the muster to carry it. At this instant, he began to run as fast as he could over to Karen. Once making it to her, he pulled out his sword and carved figure shaped figures out of it. Much of the object was left, but it was missing a few parts that had been transformed into the finger. Camdin looked at the girl and then to Koya. "Is there anyway you can attach these to her body, as a prosthetic, for now?" he asked.

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Power oozed from Drake's body, the very air rippling around him. His golden eyes glowed from behind the mask, and slowly, ever so slowly, the Insecitzeals numbers began to die off. The dark creatures were beyond confused now, it was as if they had been blinded and could no longer sense their prey.

In fact, it was a clash between two dark powers, bidding for control over them. It allowed the others a little respite to back off and tend to their wounds before heading back into the fight again.

Void growled in anger as he sensed another power arising -actually competing with his! Violet eyes narrowing in distaste, he shoved against the foreign magic, but was as of yet too weak to come out and destroy the world.

Oh well. . .they won't be able to take me on before long . . . he thought. For just as all humans said at one point or another, patience was a virtue. And these strange warriors had all caught his attention. Dragons and humanoids working together? What a curious thing.

He'd enjoy playing with them. But for now, he would return to sleep . . .

After he'd had a little more fun.

A deafening, high-pitched roar shattered the air, and then a heavy body swooped low over everyone, blood spattering the ground. Two dragons clashed in mid-air, suddenly revealing themselves from the clouds. Hundreds of cuts scored their wings, tails, and necks as they clashed again and again. It hadn't been blood rain that was pouring down upon the island.

It had been the blood of wind dragons at war.

Roaring, a large male sank his teeth into the hind-leg of a smaller juvenile, eliciting a pained screech and a blast of lightning. Tumbling from the sky, they seemed about to crash into the earth when they snapped apart, pumping their wings in a mad bid to gain height over one another. The winds intensified, and the screams of more dragons high above showed that it wasn't just these two who had gone mad.

It had been an entire Tribe.

4. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Gnilyts blinked in surprise at the sight of the giant monitor on the beach. Nyaladcthulxoteph! It seems like only last century that I've seen you out and about! How art thou? No advocate for subtlety, Gnilyts boomed the thought at literally the entire beach. I would love to engage in conversation, but I'm afraid I do seem to be occupied at the moment. He glanced upwards at the crazed wind dragons and grinned, revealing teeth the side of short swords to the poor bird flying past him. The bird then proceeded to faint and bounce soundly off Gnilyts' wing. Yes... very occupied. And very excited to be occupied. He flapped once, sending a cloak of flame through the air while simultaneously sending the poor bird straight towards the beach. I do wish to engage in such combative arrangements immediately. I say, good wind dragons, do approach my person, as I shall approach yours! With that, Gnilyts swooped upwards, flying directly towards the crazed dragons. The wind dragons were big, but fire dragons were bigger than wind dragons. By comparing the trajectory of the moon and the stars and considering the paradoxical definitions of prancing pidgeons, Gnilyts could then conclude that big fire dragons were bigger than big wind dragons. And being bigger meant things would be easier. And easier is better. And better is more fun.

5. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Blaine's Back!

"I fixed it!" He shouted. He'd finally fixed the bandages on is face.

The bandages covering his body and his jacket were covered in blood and green fluids.

He stared at Karen with clear concern and then flashed a glance at the dwarf.

Blaine's bleeding had finally stopped as well as he'd tied some loose bandages around his backside that had been torn when the creature bit him. "Miss Karen rest easy." He said with a sigh and turned towards the chaos in the sky.

Well we seem to be in quite the pickle....hmmmm. His thoughts were far to jumbled to think of anything cohesive. "Would anyone like to suggest a method of escape? We seem outmatched." He pointing at the wind dragons. "Or at the very least I would much rather avoid this conflict then expend my energy dealing with psychotic wind dragons."

He felt sympathy towards them but as far as he could tell there wasn't much he could. So he'd made the choice he'd rather save himself and anyone else that had been caught up in this mess that wanted to live.

6. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Israel and Ezra's Grand Entrance- Apocalypse Please

"Is it just me, or does it look like the world might be ending over there..."

"Now that you mention it, it does. Especially with the giant Fire Dragon that just burst out of that volcano..."

"We probably shouldn't get involved..."

"Definitely not. Let's just carry on the way we're headed and ignore it."

There was a long pause in conversation, and several birds could be heard singing as they flew low over the far side of the little island. Then suddenly the human and the dragon both started laughing hysterically.

"Oh gods, who are we trying to kid?" Israel asked, wiping tears from his eyes. "Make for the coast!"

Ezra, a metallic blue fire drake about the size of a small house, roared in delight and banked hard towards the coast of the small island. His reddish gold eyes glinting at the prospect of combat.

"It's been too long since anything interested happened, hasn't it Izzy," he rumbled.

"Indeed it has, now, can't you go any faster?" Israel, or Izzy as Ezra called him, said with a playful tone. Ezra roared again and accelerated like a rocket.

A moment later, he was even with the giant Fire Dragon that had just burst from the volcano. "Hey old timer! What's going on here?" Ezra called to him, telepathically.

7. TheLeonard112

Too Late?

Camdin looked at the bandaged man. His face showed confusion toward what the strange creature of a human had done. "So are you implying there is no longer any need for the prosthetic?" he asked gripping his sword as he dropped the object and revealed his sword once again, after noticing the other dragons. "Where the hell did all of them came from." he asked himself in his head.

Before he allowed Blaine to answer, he has slipped the mineral fingers deep within his pockets and sighed, taking the mummy's other question into consideration. "Well as for escaping, we could all ride Erde Welt, as he travels through ground, and leads us somewhere else. Only problem with that would be, wherever we came up would be heavily damaged. And that would be a problem seeing as how this is a heavily populated island. Or he could take us underwater, though some might be uncomfortable with it." stated the dwarf. A thought occurred in his head of Erde Welt rising under a populated village.

He then spun his sword within his hand and gripped it tightly as it pointed toward the sky. "Or we could attempt to fight them all. I could help largely if this beauty heals me." Camdin said turning towards Koya's direction. He placed his green eyes on her and filled them with desperation, purposely.

8. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Hey old timer! What's going on here?"

NO. NO. I DID NOT INVITE MORE DRAGONS. THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ANY DRAGONS HERE EXCEPT FOR ME AND NYAHALACASHULUHULU ON THIS ISLAND FOR CENTURIES. WHAT THE MAGMA POOLS IS WITH ALL THE NEW DRAGONS ALL OF A SUDDEN?! Gnilyts' jaws clamped around a wind dragon's thigh and pulled, sending the dragon spinning towards the smaller fire dragon. MY FUN. ALL MINE. GO FIND SOME OTHER THINGS TO FIGHT. Gnilyts frowned with consideration. Hmm... for your size, I'd probably suggest some shrubbery. There's a forest not too far from here where you could get some good bights on some trees or something. Or some rocks. Or anything that's NOT MY FUN. With a mighty harrumph, Gnilyts turned sharply away and neatly tackled another wind dragon.

9. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Zebulon and Kethtria

Zebulon shut out the booming voice in his head that told them to get off the island. Its mental constructs resembled that of a dragon, it was large, bulky, impatient and egocentric. Evidently the island had been crawling with dragons, how he had failed to notice before, he didn't know. He ignored the voice as he had been ignoring the blood that was falling from the sky, he was much too preoccupied with looking at Luna. She blasted a large bolt of electricity at Nya, the crackling blue orb bounced off, roasting a good dozen or so insectzeals as it splashed down on them. Then the air was rented with a cry, one that sounded all to familiar to his ears. Horrified, he looked up, his nostrils widening, his eyes heavy with grief. His kin, they were fighting each other, killing each other. For as long as he had been alive, he'd hoped to see his kin still alive. The knowledge that this might be the last he'd ever see of them, horrified him.

Stop! he called out, like a child begging it's parents to cease their hostilities. Dust cloaked him briefly as he launched himself skyward with Keithtria on his back. Watching and waiting wasn't an option, they had to stop killing each other![/QUOTE]

"Zebulon! What are you doing?" Kethtria screamed. At Zebulon's sudden flight Kethtria was thrown forward on his neck and was holding on for dear life on his scales. "Zebulon, slow down! I'm going to fall dammit! Zebulon!" Her fingers slipped and Kethtria fell over his neck. She fell below him and quickly called her wind magic. She summoned up a gale strong enough to catch her and then she sent it, and herself, back towards Zebulon and the fighting dragons. "Zebulon listen to me, those are full grown dragons! They've gone mad, you can see it in their eyes. There's nothing you can do right now!"

Zebulon helped her up with his forepaw but stayed on course. They aren't mad! Don't tell me to stand by and watch this devilish magic kill my borthers and sisters! He flapped his wings desperately against the increasing forces of the air. The thunderous clouds clogged the air, rendering it thick, muggy and hard to breathe. Stop! he shouted at the fighting dragons, you must stop!

Kethtria rolled her eyes and gave up trying to reason with Zebulon.

"Have it your way then," Her magic power was getting low and she didn't want to do anything drastic. She settled on clearing the air around herself and Zebulon so it made it easier for them both to breathe and him to fly.

Zebulon's eye settled on a red-hot shimmering speck in the sky. So the tales about the demonic nature of fire dragons were true, the blown-up hot-head had caused all this violence! He roared in agony, the fire-spitter was the cause of all this madness! Zebulon doubled his pace and flew as high as his wings allowed him. The ache in in his bones was nothing compared to the wrath he felt at seeing the fiery monster tear down one of his kin. His eyes narrowed, he drews his wings close to his flanks and tugged his legs against his chest. The air whistled past them, it wasn't the cool refreshing morning air he so loved, it was an air reeking of death and destruction, and for the first time in his life, Zebulon was determined to add to the stench. He could hear the terrible fire-demon call the death of his race fun, if fun was what he wanted, he could have it. With a loud thund Zebulon's body slammed into that of the fire dragon, his claws dug into its skin. The force of the impact and his considerable weight made them speed downwards, towards the sea. Have fun cooling off, Zebulon thought as he, Kethtria and the fire dragon began to plummet towards the waves in the ocean.

10. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

(ignore)

11. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Amara

With heavy footsteps, Amara made her way back to the odd gathering. She wouldn't normally associate herself with such, but her curiosity had been peaked. She had to know where the surge of power had come from...what made her feel victory for a short moment, as if everything was at peace. Had it been one of these?

She slung her bow over one shoulder as she approached the group surrounding the girl who had attacked her. At the sight of her, Amara's face flushed in anger, but soon swapped with sympathy as her eyes drifted to the girl's fingers. She concluded that there must be something...different about the girl, maybe there was something mentally wrong.

While she pondered this, more dragons appeared. Amara watched with wide eyes as the majestic creatures attacked in mid-air. She'd only seen a display like that from a distance when her tribe had traveled together on a hunt. Even then, there hadn't been so much blood.

"Would anyone like to suggest a method of escape? We seem outmatched." The mummy said pointing at the wind dragons. "Or at the very least I would much rather avoid this conflict then expend my energy dealing with psychotic wind dragons."

Her brow furrowed at the prospect. Escape was never on her agenda."Why be cowards? This conflict may be valuable to our cause." Amara said simply. Well, my cause. she thought.

12. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Koya

"Is there anyway you can attach these to her body, as a prosthetic, for now?" A little dwarf asked her.
    Koya shook her head. She was a healer, not a manipulator of elements. Then the dwarf and the mummy man began talking about trying to escape from the ensuing chaos. The insects were gone only to be replaced by wind dragons killing eachother. Luna was probably devastated at the sight. No...not probably. She was. Koya could hear Luna crying in her mind at the sight of her kin fighting eachother, even though they were part of tribe neither of them recognized.

"I'm sorry, Luna. I know how much you want to stop them but there is something unnatural about the way they're behaving...just like those insects. Please don't go up there." Koya could feel Luna straining against every instinct to fly to her brethren and stop them from fighting. But she listened to Koya's plea and started pacing on the ground.

"Or we could attempt to fight them all. I could help largely if this beauty heals me." Camdin said turning towards Koya's direction.

Koya scanned his body and couldn't see anything wrong with the dwarf. Either he was just trying to hit on her or he really was injured but she just couldn't see it do to all the dragon blood covering him. Either way, she didn't care. He didn't know her. And addressing her as "beauty" right off the bat already put her off from him. He was just like all the others. So Koya did the only logical thing in her mind. She stood and walked towards Luna. Her dragon needed her more than that dwarf did.

13. Pheonix

MY FUN. ALL MINE. GO FIND SOME OTHER THINGS TO FIGHT. Gnilyts frowned with consideration. Hmm... for your size, I'd probably suggest some shrubbery. There's a forest not too far from here where you could get some good bights on some trees or something. Or some rocks. Or anything that's NOT MY FUN.

"He's kinda loud," Israel though as Ezra nimbly dodged out of the way of the incoming air dragon.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING SMALL!" Ezra roared. Then let a gout of white hot flame explode out of his mouth.

"Easy, don't let your temper get the best of you," Israel said, patting Ezra's neck. "Excuse my companion, he's kind of an idiot sometimes!" Israel called to the old fire dragon. The old timer seemed to be content going after the wind dragons, and it didn't seem like the best idea to interfere. "Look, Ez, there's a group down there, should we say hello?"

"But I was looking forward to sinking my teeth into something," Ezra replied, disappointed.

"I'm sure it won't be your last opportunity, now head down!" Grumbling, Ezra obeyed and settled down on the beach near the others. Israel jumped down off his back and gave everyone a winning smile.

"Hello all! I am Israel, this is my companion Ezra, and we are here because we were bored and saw what appeared to be the end of the world, so... what, may I ask, is happening?"

14. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Blaine

Or we could attempt to fight them all. I could help largely if this beauty heals me." Camdin said

"Why be cowards? This conflict may be valuable to our cause." The psychopath spoke

Blaine blinked then looked back forth between the two. "Those who seek danger are like those who eat to much. Gluttons but only for punishment as opposed to food. In short you two must partially insane. You need a good teacher to cure your selfless habits." Blaine flashed another look at Amara.

"And you're crazy." Blaine had poorly deduced this based on how hostile the girl had been upon first meeting. "So you shouldn't care about leaving. I'll give you a free a lesson in my wise words. Well they are all free as when I tried to charge everyone started calling me a hack. Don't know a good teacher when they see one!" Blaine rambled on but snapped his fingers to wake himself up.

"You two may run off. I'll watch over Miss Karen. Much safer that way."

15. TheLeonard112

Am I Gonna Die Here

As Camdin watched Koya walked away, a frown grew on his face. She was not willing to assist him, and everyone else seemed to ignore him. Everyone else was practically ignoring him, could none of them sense energy, could none of them tell if he was attacked he would die, or did they just not care. Is this really the death Camdin would face, on a beach against impossible odds, and with no one who cared for him besides his Earth Dragon pal who would have to watch him die? Even Erde Welt not be bale to fight all these dragons, or the thing that was coming.

Camdin watched Koya as she ran to her dragon. Camdin gripped his sword as he began to walk with no sense of balance toward his dragon.

"How long will it take you to regain your energy?" asked the dragon.

"I used it an excess today, for utterly no reason. Even before we made it to this island. I had no idea what awaited us." the dwarf told his dragon telepathically. He looked back towards the group of people, as someone new arrived. He had hair that matched that of the sand before it had been stained in a ocean of blood. Camdin stared at his blue eyes, and focused on his presence. He was a magic user. He was new, he might be willing to help him. He had noticed this in the elf who had been on the beach, but she did not seem to be willing ot help him.

Camdin ran to the new man and his large dragon and stared him in the eyes. "I need your assistance. Could you please spare some of your magical energy?" asked Camdin holding out his sword upward, gripping the handle. Watching to see if the man would grip the handle.

16. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING SMALL!" Ezra roared.

"Excuse my companion, he's kind of an idiot sometimes!" Israel called to the old fire dragon.

Were Gnilyts any other fire dragon, he would have let the topic drop. Actually, he probably wouldn't have anyways. And he didn't. Ignoring the rider's call, Gnilyts made very sure to elaborate upon his previous address. I did not anticipate such lack of comprehension. Allow me to clarify. It is you, little and evidently dull baby dragon that is very CLEARLY SMALLER than me, that I was calling small. Should you need any further assistance in the understanding of this little morsel of information, I am available to be contacted every other Wednesd- His chain of thought suddenly broke as another dragon crashed into his side. And held on. Good wind dragon, I see that you have found a liking to me. Whilst I do enjoy fighting, especially those of smaller sizes, there is an extent to which this sadistic tendency of mine stretches. For example, you are small to the point where I would feel guilty for fighting you. With such information in mind, I do beseech you to release me and allow me to return to my prior recreation. In addition, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN HERE?! I SAID GET OFF MY ISLAND. SO GET OFF MY ISLAND. With much appreciation, I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Have a pleasant rest of your day SOMEWHERE NOT ON THIS ISLAND.

17. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Heart to heart

Jon Grayward and Nyaladcthulxoteph stared into the bleeding heavens as the wind dragons tore one another apart. Based only on the looks on their faces, one might get the impression that they were thinking the exact same thing. For once, they seemed to be in perfect agreement. Had they finally found common ground?

Nope. Without saying a word to one another, they parted. Nya went left; Jon went right.

The big earth dragon lumbered over to where Luna was pacing. There was a mixture of anger and sadness on the wind dragon’s face as she struggled to smother emotions that even her human partner couldn’t help her cope with. Nya doubted she could help either, but she would try.

She knelt and spread her arms, inviting her fellow dragon into a motherly embrace. While earth dragons weren’t exactly known for warm, fluffy hugs, it was the thought that counts. And Nya had always felt that having four arms somehow made her a superior hugger.

“I was only a child the last time the Void walked the earth, long, long ago,” Nya said as she tried to reach out to Luna and comfort her. “But now I am strong. We are strong, dear. All of us,” she added, with a glance to Koya. “May their deaths not be in vain.”

Jon could be a very sensitive man at times. He wasn’t above the occasional kind word or comforting gesture. He donated to the local church, sometimes. He even hugged a puppy once. Once!

But now was not the time for that shit.

The knight trudged right up to the dragon-man-beast-thing -- the one who called himself ‘Drake’ -- and planted his bloody greatsword in the ground at the creature’s feet. He stared into those glowing yellow eyes with an intensity he hadn’t felt in a very, very long time and demanded answers.

Could he fight this being? Probably not. Jon had faced his fair share of demons, but it almost always involved some planning and forethought. One doesn’t just walk up to a demon and start hacking away like a drunken lumberjack. But sometimes… sometimes you just gotta look evil in the eye… even if evil might rip you in half and jump rope with your entrails.

“Explain,” the knight said, refusing to back down.

18. Pheonix

Test Post

19. Pheonix

"I need your assistance. Could you please spare some of your magical energy?" asked Camdin holding out his sword upward, gripping the handle. Watching to see if the man would grip the handle.

Israel looked at the little man for a moment, then rubbed his chin...

"So, if I grab that thing, you would be taking some of my power... And what, may I ask are you going to do with it? Because if your plan is to attack me, I can assure you that won't end well... especially if you're using my own power. And, Jeez, don't I even get to know who you are before you start trying to get me to share my soul with you?" Israel said, slightly playfully.

I did not anticipate such lack of comprehension. Allow me to clarify. It is you, little and evidently dull baby dragon that is very CLEARLY SMALLER than me, that I was calling small. Should you need any further assistance in the understanding of this little morsel of information, I am available to be contacted every other Wednesd-

Ezra growled and turned a patch of sand into glass as he heard the old dragon's words.

I could still smoke your tail off if I please you senile old soot bag! He was about to leap into the air and demonstrate his prowess when Israel shot him a look.

"Wait, hold that though, my dragon friend wants to kill something... I'll be right back with you..." Israel said to the Dwarf man.

Knock it off. Israel thought at Ezra.

Rumbling a little bit Ezra replied, But he called me small and dull, and a baby...

Well you're acting like a small, dull, baby at the moment...

Ezra snarled and snapped his teeth. Pesky little- FINE! I'll control myself.

Good job buddy, Israel thought with a wink. Then turning back to the Dwarf, "So where were we?"

20. Pheonix

Double Post (I am so sorry that I posted 3 times in a row...)

21. Macaberz

Zebulon

Blinded by rage, Zebulon ignored the demonic dragon's wordy reply. He judged, by his foes' sudden exclamations, that the large fire-spitter was indeed to blame for the chaos. Why else would it want them all to get of his island? He quadrupled his efforts and, with a powerful beat of his wings, reinforced by Kethtria's magic, they fell down even harder. At the very last moment, just inches above the sea water, did he let go. The water hissed furiously when it came into touch with the fire dragon's skin. Zebulon wondered why the dragon hadn't resisted, and felt somewhat sorry for it. Getting plummeted into an ocean was probably any fire dragon's nightmare. He shook the thought off and stretched his wings to their fullest extent, his claws sliced through the water as he glided forward.

22. TheLeonard112

A Magical Transfer

"So, if I grab that thing, you would be taking some of my power... And what, may I ask are you going to do with it? Because if your plan is to attack me, I can assure you that won't end well... especially if you're using my own power. And, Jeez, don't I even get to know who you are before you start trying to get me to share my soul with you?" Israel said, slightly playfully.

Camdin looked the man in the face, his eyes tuck on his energy. "I do not intend to attack you. I am a magic user as well, but today I have heavily exhausted myself. I do not intend to use your magic, I would appreciate some energy, though." he stated to the man.

The dwarf allowed his tone to be friendly as it usually is, but it seemed no one but Jon, Nya, Koya, Drake, and Luna understood the importance of the situation. "But yes grabbing this handle will allow you to sample some energy to me. If you are in enough control of your magic." Camdin said back in a playful tone as he held out his sword once again. He was ready for his energy to be replenished.

His hands gripped the sword tightly, longing for energy before he was attacked by a dragon and killed.

23. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Oops. Massive tidal waves rippled from around Gnilyts as he crashed into the water, yet waves were the only thing that were seen as Gnilyts sank slowly to the bottom.

Hey, even smaller little baby dragon, thanks for helping me clear the beach. I never thought of that. With an entrance as dramatic as the exit, a jet black dragon exploded from the water. Within minutes, Zebulon found himself covered by a very large shadow. Hey buddy, I just thought I'd let you know that I can swim. Oh and one more thing: I'm a lot bigger than you, even smaller little baby dragon. Without waiting for a reaction, Gnilyts kicked down at Zebulon, directly towards the lake.

24. Macaberz

Zebulon and Kethtria

The wind was knocked out of him as the extinguished-large-one aimed a vicious kick as him. Zebulon folded his wings just in time to prevent the blackened-leg from crippling it. Pain followed. The water sent electrical surges through him. The agony that he had felt when Kethtria had splashed a bucket full of water over him dwindled in comparison. The fire that had left the large-one seemed to now course through his veins instead, burning at his insides. He could feel the power in his legs and wings slip away as he sunk deeper and deeper into the bottomless pit of the ocean. He felt Kethtria was no longer on his back, but her presence hadn't left his mind.

"Zeb!" he heard her scream into his mind. He wanted to reply, but even his mind began to crumble at the edges, disabling him from communicating back, save for an involuntary kick of his legs in the black water. He could no longer see Kethtria, and now even her presence began to fade. I should never have trusted her, he thought bitterly as the darkness surrounded him. No wonder there are so few dragon riders, they can't be trusted! Sorrow ripped through the last, shimmering points of consciousness.

Air. The water whirled around him, and he was sent spiraling upwards, to the surface. His mind expanded into full awareness as salty air filled his lungs. He flapped his wings twice and hovered, visibly shaken, over the surface. Kethtria let go of her magic and drifted through the water, her body almost limp from exhaustion. "Zeb...you can't stop them from fighting," Kethtria spoke into his consciousness. She smiled up at him from the water, "next time we go swimming, pick someone your own size."

Zebulon glided over the surface of the sea and picked Kethtria up with his forelegs. His bones ached from overuse, but he still managed to reach the shore with Kethtria and himself in one piece. He just hoped the fire dragon wouldn't come after them, but he doubted it, it was probably busy adding more fuel, and fire, to the fire.

25. Pheonix

"But yes grabbing this handle will allow you to sample some energy to me. If you are in enough control of your magic."

"Ezra, you alright with this?"

What? Ezra looked at Israel distracted. He had been watching the big dragon get plunged into the lake by the little Wind Dragon and chuckling in a very draconian way.

"I said, are you okay with me giving this little fellow here some of our energy?"

I don't care.

"Ezra agrees wholeheartedly. We will assist you in your plight friend. Still I don't know your name though..." Israel said, the grabbed hold of the Dwarfs sword and started funneling energy into it. As it left him, he felt it flooding back in from Ezra. The dragon was amazing, the amount of energy that his heart produced was astounding. He'd never seen the dragon tire, not even a little bit. And this was even while Israel was funneling energy off of him for his own use.

Lemme know if its too much, Israel said. Ezra snorted, amused.

"Alright... Anyway, Little Dwarf man, lemme know when you're good. Also, what the hell is going on around here?"