The Dream Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Andrae Smith, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

Well I believe biscuit is the French word for cookie, isn't it? If so, then as long as you're in Europe, it's a reasonable substitute. Unless you're implying Americans would be too dumb to recognize possible cultural/linguistic differences, in which case you have sorely offended me. ;) Nah I'm kidding.

And huh... you don't say. I can see that being a song lyric. And it makes sense, really; I got the message fine. It was just the unexpected choice. It kinda gives the line a southern or country feel in my brain lol. Well, no, just that expression haha. The rest of the line is to complex for a(n) (American) country song lol.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Cookies are also called biscuits in the UK

Andrae Smith likes this.
  3. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

As once stated by Humpty Hump, Lead singer of the Digital Underground, 'biscuits' can also mean buttocks...as in "Grab'em in the biscuits!"

Andrae Smith likes this.
  4. Andrae Smith

@Lewdog That one just made my day ha ha!

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Buns and biscuits. Yeasty baked goods. What does that say about us?

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

It was kind of like... cookies were originally biscuits for me, 'cause that's the first word we learn at school for them (BrE being the variation we're taught, understandably). But when I was watching Man vs. Food a few years ago, he called these bun-like thingies 'biscuits,' and I was like, say what? Why I'm, on the other hand, having linguistic-gastronomic dreams, I've no idea.
    And yeah, le bisquit, it is! :D

Andrae Smith likes this.
  7. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

You would not believe what a 'cookie' is, here in Scotland. Okay, it's a baked/fried sweet thing, but nothing like you'd expect. It's a yeast-raised thingy kind of like an elongated doughnut, with horrible icing on top. Yurk.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    Andrae Smith likes this.
  8. Andrae Smith

@KaTrian It probably has something to do with your taking/haven taken foreign language classes. When I was learning ow to drive, I figured out how to actually do things in a dream ha ha. The next day, my skills were much improved because I had driven right in my dream. Trippy stuff, but COOL!

@jannert If you're trying to make that sound horrible, you're not doing a great job ha ha It sounds to me like a maple bar ha ha, but I don't think you mean it to be so good. Unless you don't like doughnuts and maple bars. Then you're just plain awful. ;)

9. Hazel B-S

Hazel B-S Member

I'm unsure on that, it may be to do with the fact that our memories find it difficult to recall exact replicas of original information in a sedated state! Dreams are fascinating in the way that they reveal what we 'truly' think, subconsciously!

10. Andrae Smith

Get to know something or someone well enough and you can make pretty exact replicas. I'm not talking about being so convinced by the dream-reality; I mean after so many years of being in my gma's house, it is ingrained in me ha ha. I've seen things down to detail. I've also seen people and my school in detail ha ha. I've also ridden my old bike in places I used to go and felt the same feelings. The mind is a powerful thing.

Sure, in the "sedated"/subconscious state, we most often have trouble accurately recalling and recreating what exists in real life. However, I'm all for the idea that the stronger your creative/imaginative energies/capabilities are, the more powerful your mind becomes regarding creating vivid and realistic dreams. I think meditation helps with merging the conscious and subconscious awareness, allowing for a lot of fascinating things.

I wouldn't place dream thoughts as more "true," though. I think hey are more deeply rooted in feeling and first impressions, and perhaps less refined. In that way they are more pure in the moment they happen. There are a lo of people who believe dreams are symbolic and metaphorical, which is another consideration. What might the subconscious be trying to convey to the conscious mind.

11. Lewdog

So let me tell you about this awesome dream/hallucination I had last night. I was snapped out of deep sleep and looked down and saw both my arms covered in a red substance. It wasn't blood, but something thicker like ketchup or wax. I checked my pillow and blanket and there was no rub off. I then took a finger and ran it down my arm and licked it to check taste, nothing. I then held my arm up, and as I looked at it, the red stuff started to float in the air and it turned into the Applebee's logo before disappearing.

I've even gotten to the point that when I wake up I can create my own hallucination so that I can tell I'm seeing a hallucination. I hold out one hand, pinch the palm of it and pull the hand back. I then make a motion like I'm sprinkling something and if I'm still hallucinating, I'll see glitter that I can then form and move around. Oddly if I run my hand through it, I get a tactile sensation. The glitter comes in red/silver, green/silver, purple/silver, and other combinations.

It's some pretty crazy stuff. Even when the dreams or hallucinations should be scary, I don't freak out anymore. I usually try to touch it, study it, and move it with my mind.

Last night I saw this machine over my bed, and it had a trademark that looked like a 5, where the bottom turned into a 9. Real odd.

12. Andrae Smith

@Lewdog , simply put: I worry for you. :(

13. Lewdog

I would be more worried if they didn't take place right after waking up, so I'm more fascinated at this point than worried.

14. Andrae Smith

Just don't do anything to jeopardize your health. Okay? :oops:

15. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Dayum. This thread's been cold for a while, looks like. o_O

*attempts to revive*

Last night I had a dream that this, like, 70 year old woman had enormously stretched earlobes and was just rockin' that shit so hard. Like she didn't even care. She was wearing this floral 70-year-old-lady standard uniform that they all wear, with the biggest earlobes I had ever seen on an actual human.

And she just had this attitude of like, "What? You wanna fight about it? I do what I want!"

You go, old lady who probably represents me when I'm that age. :cheerleader:

DancingCorpse likes this.
  16. DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse Member

One of my recurrent dreams since I was a whippersnapper has been impending doom from a slowly drifting UFO whenever I yank open the curtains... I had the misfortune/luck to be up in the early hours when I was a kid and wander to my usual place with my legs up against the radiator which would always be lukewarm at that time, as soon as I glance outside I notice some peculiar contraption drifting along about two hundred feet above the street... blood went frigid and my guts kind of thrummed with primal fear for ten minutes straight after I managed to process what I was seeing hover in a tranquil daze over the roof top... I of course dived under my covers in the expected shuddering manner lol.

I must have around ten ufo dreams a month and I dream journal, there's a couple variations, sometimes ''they'' are more aggressive, like one this month they thrust these disturbing ''bone swords'' that pulsed when I tried pulling them out of my window which they had cracked in their enthusiastic assault... they ain't got inside my bedroom ever though! Hope it stays that way!

17. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

Two nights ago, I dreamt that me, my husband, and a girl I don't know were in Charlotte, NC. There was something wrong inside the city, so we were leaving, driving too fast down the abandoned and dark highway. We were anxious and scared, so we almost didn't see the holes in the bridge the size of our car. We almost drove right into them, but my husband was able to save us at the last second, steering us around the missing pavement.

A group of teenagers blocked the road ahead of us. They all carried weapons: knives, machetes, and guns. The girl in the front seat urged my husband to turn around, get us out of there. So he did a fast uturn and drove back the way we came. In the backseat, I watched the group of kids behind us. One raised a sniper rifle and aimed it at the car.

"Get down!" I yelled, but it was too late. The bullet struck my husband in the back, exiting right in the middle of his chest. He slumped over the steering wheel, his foot still on the gas, blood pouring from the wound. The girl next to him was in shock. I knew I should be too, but we were in danger. If the car stopped, we'd be dead.

I grabbed my husband's body by the neck and it turned into a skeleton at my touch. I easily yanked it from the drivers seat, pulling it into the back with me, then climbed into the drivers seat. The car barely slowed.

As I adjusted my mirrors, the girl next to me was hysterical. She couldn't stop crying, thinking we weren't going to get out of this live. She produced a handgun, brought it to her face, and pulled the trigger. She slumped in her seat, covered in blood, but she was still breathing. She'd missed the brain, but the damage she'd done was too great to save her. I grabbed the gun from her hand, stuck the barrel in her mouth, and pulled the trigger. She didn't breath again after that.

Back in the city of Charlotte, all was calm. People were everywhere though, walking through the streets casually, as if everything was normal. I found the mayor, an older woman with a young face wearing a skirt and blazer. I told her what had happened on the road -- they'd killed my husband! Send the sheriff, the police, stop these maniacs on the highway before someone else ends up dead!

"There's nothing to be afraid of," she said, pulling a pistol from behind her. "Everything is happening just as it should." Then she raised the gun and pointed it at my face.

But I woke up before I heard the shot. I hate my dreams....

18. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Uggggh, last night I had a dream involving Sadae (played by me), Jack, and Chris fucking Pohl from Blutengel.

[​IMG]

Too much hot vampire goth. Help.

19. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Well I have yet to have a dream inspire much more than either winding up in a straight jacket, or possibly Hard Erotica. To many nightmares, crazy nonsense, or adult natured. Primarily a mix of nightmares and crazy nonsense. Maybe one day I will sit down and write something about one or two of them. My only fear is that it will be to graphic for anyone else to handle on any side of my screwed up subconscious. Only time will tell if there is ever a need to share such things with anyone, as they tend to be insanely bizarre in nature and content. (Even thinking about it sends a shiver up my spine in tangible fear). :p