The Dream Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SonnehLee, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Don't be sorry, I thought it was awesome! :D

2. Zcreative

Zcreative New Member

I never ever remember dreams. EVER

3. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I had a couple of dreams last night. I dreamed I was in choir singing in church. Only, the choir was sitting on the opposite side from where we actually sit. Also, I didn't know anyone in the choir with me. There were only two altos, and the other lady was new and didn't know the song. I was nervous we were going to suck. Then after the song, the pastor walked over and took off her robe, only she wasn't wearing a top or a bra. it was traumatic and I woke up.

The second dream was of a vacation. There were several families involved. In the dream I knew everyone, but in the waking world, I have no idea who these people were. Anyway, it was supposed to be cabins in the woods. Each family unit had their own cabin, but we all hung out. The weird thing was, if I looked out the window, I could see the cabins were smack dab in the middle of a residential area with a forest area no bigger than your average park. Anyway, everyone had brought their dogs, and I really took to one little dog. It was actually the Maltese I found a few weeks ago and turned over to the SPCA. She was the sweetest little thing. I guess one family (the one who own her) was getting ready to pack up and leave. I had the dog in my cabin because I wanted to say goodbye. They freaked out that i was trying to steal their dog and left all angry. After that we all started packing. I checked all the cabins to make sure no one forgot anything. In one, I found some jewelry and other personal effects. I debated whether I should take it so I could give it back to the family that was staying there or leave it in case it belonged to the people we were renting the cabins from. I was debating and everyone in my group was yelling at em to hurry up and clean the cabin so we could get outta there. That's all I really remember.

4. Alone And Tired

Alone And Tired New Member

I have some brilliant dreams but some strange ones too.
    I had a brilliant dream once which didn't make much sense. It was like one of those zombie movies you see but instead of actual zombies, the threat was people dressed up as zombies. They weren't killing anyone; they were just annoying everyone. There were a lot of people trapped in a TV station and then a man came with a bowl of knives and told everyone to take a knife to kill the 'zombies' with. I kept trying to tell everyone that killing was a step too far but they didn't listen. I took my knife and just kept it in my pocket, as did my friend (she seems to be in a lot of my dreams). We decided we would leave because we saw it as a fuss over nothing so we opened the door and ended up in a car park littered with crude attempts at looking like a zombie. We walked on by them with little hassle, bar the occasional zombie that would walk towards us and pretend it was a threat. I was disappointed when I woke up to tell the truth; I was having fun.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Just tonight I had the weirdest dream.
    We were in some sort of castle being sieged by enemies. And I came down the stairs as a girl. My coat was to big and needed to be tailored. So we go to see the tailor, mind you when the castle is being sieged.
    And we have this strange man with an afro, I think he was gay or something. And he is directing me all around the place, there was a toilet filled with blood and piss and he says, "Oh you poor girl you think I'm a disgusting man now" and he flushes it.
    Mind you the castle is still being attacked while he is tailoring my coat and dolling me up.
    [I just found that really weird.]
    Then my dream transformed and I am some punk metal guy. We are at Target and we are buying disguises because these guys are on us. When we leave Target these men on bikes come down and start shooting at us. And then I take out a gun and we have a massive fight scene.
    Then these kids come on down and try to ram us with carts.

All in all, it was weird dreaming.

6. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I had a couple of really fantastic dreams last night, but I cant remember much. :p

What I do remember is I was getting married to one of my best friends ever, but I'm not sure why, because in real life, he is very anti-marriage. I knew I didnt want to marry him, but I didnt want to let everyone down, so I just kind of went through all the motions of buying a dress (which I didnt fit into; symbolic? Didn't "fit"? ...I dont know. :p) and a cake and everything, but when I started walking down the aisle (by myself, because my very much alive father was dead in my dream), at the alter (we were getting married in a church; two Atheists; makes perfect sense!) all I could see was his hair... I started shouting about how I didnt want to marry a man with a rose-coloured bow tie, but then he turned into Mickey Mouse, which was, in my dream-state, more acceptable than my friend, and so I ended up marrying Mickey Mouse, the cera 1930s version. :p

Dreams are interesting things...

7. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Last night i had a dream that i was hiking up a mountain (very very tight ledges with no safety net), to go watch Metallica!

Funny enough my real opinion came out in it. (I said something like, geez i could have done this 10 years ago, when they were actually good).

When i got to the summit they were there playing, but they were all in bright colourful shirts like the wiggles and James was singing, swinging from a tree like a monkey.

Go figure.

8. Kas

Kas New Member

Ever had a lucid dream where you didn't have a body?

I was floating above some island somewhere. There was a beautiful beach with waves crashing in... It was perfectly realistic in every possible detail. Right down to the trees, vegetation, sand, clouds, and a monkey who ignored me completely.

I don't remember what I was trying to do - maybe get that rude monkey's attention - but I became lucid for the same reason I always do. Reality check. Whatever I was trying to do, I didn't have a body to do it with. In a way I suppose it should have been fun - it was certainly different - but it made me very uncomfortabe. My brain was having a little trouble coping.

I found I could control the dream same as always, with my mind. I got rid of that stupid monkey soon enough - ignore me, will you?! But when I tried to imagine myself having arms and legs it simply didn't work. I couldn't feel anything, couldn't interact with anything, couldn't even hear anything (that was wierd too). All I could do was see, manipulate the dream and move by willing myself to float somewhere. It was very alarming to look down, searching for feet... gradually turning a full 360 without seeing any damn feet!

So I decided I would just have to make a body for myself. I recalled my form to the best of my ability, and willed it to be there. It was pretty rough at first. For some reason I didn't give myself eyes or a nose. Ouch. I guess I was mainly concerned with the no limbs issue. But I worked it over for a few minutes until it finally started to look like me.

OK! I thought. Here goes nothing!

Tried flying into it and zoomed right by. I did that several times. Learning how to "soul travel" is a hell of a lot harder than learning how to drive, let me tell you. When I finally nailed it I woke up instantly. I guess it worked:p

Anyone have a similar experience?

9. Kas

Kas New Member

Sorry, double post. Is there an option to delete? I don't see it:S

10. Carmina

Several more little pieces of dream this weekend.
    1) Someone was putting makeup on me. It was heavy black liquid liner. It was like an inch think all around my eyes and was actually heavy and not flat against my skin. Whoever did it also lined my eyebrows with it. I could feel the weight of asll that makeup, and it made my eyes difficult to keep open. I was terrified to wash it off for fear it would get into my eyes.

2) I had my hair pulled back in a bun. When I took it down, it was suddenly about 10 inches longer than it actually and looked fabulous. I was thrilled.

3) I was running lights for Fools and fell asleep at the light board. I woke up with no idea what cue I was in or what cue I should have been in. In a panic I just started skipping through all the cues trying to find the one that looked right...which none of htem did. All the while, the stage manager was yelling at me over the headset.

11. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Wow, I remember last night's dream really, really well! --And the night before that, as I described a few posts above; this must be a record. :p

I dreamt that I went to Illinois to surprise-visit a friend who I havent physically seen in quite a long time but still talk to every day. Anyway, I found him walking away from his house right as I walked up to it, and he just said, "Oh, go that way; I'll be back later." He pointed to a path that led to the same house --by the way, I was totally upset that he wasnt excited to see me. :D

So I walked in and met his new roomate; we had tea and played with the four cats, nine guinea pigs, and two ferrets. He walked in the door, gave me a hug, and then my alarm clock went off. :(

12. Carmina

I was in a room changing my clothes when a gang busted in. I was topless at the time. I grabbed my shirt and held it up against my chest. One of the dudes came over and menaced me with a knife. I was not particularly threatened because it was only a knife and not a ranged weapon, so I figured I could just run. He noticed this and pushed a button on the knife and a second blade popped out the back of the knife...so now it had two blades. I was getting a little more threatened that he was seriously going to kill me, but I still didn't react enough for the dude. He pushed another button and it turned into like a big 4 bladed ninja throwing star type weapon. I ran. As soon as I left the room, I was in a parking garage. I was running down the ramps and stairs as they chased me. That is all I remember. Oh, and I was still shirtless when running.

13. Carmina

I dreamed I looked out the window of my office and it was snowing. They were big flat flakes. It has snowed here once in the last 8 years, and never like this. It was beautiful. I stopped working and just stared.

14. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yuck.

Bad dream this morning. I was in this huge old victorian house, filled with furniture and brick-a-brack and, well, very old-abandoned-victorian-house-in-a-movie-esque. There were other people with me. Can't really remember them well. There was a creature in the house that only I knew was after us. It was the same little camouflage creature from one of the episodes of Primeval. I grabbed a floor lamp to smash him, but as always happens in these kinds of dreams, I found I had no strength or force as I tried to beat him with the floor lamp.

No likie. :(

15. Carmina

I dreamed I parked my car at one end of a park or greenway...big long stretch of grass. I walked across the grass towards the other side which had houses and things nearby. As I got to the other side, I saw piles of trash. They were like levies made of piled up junk. Anyway, I had to climb over the piles to get to the other side. As I was climbing down the side of the pile, I saw that there were dog and puppy carcasses among the debris. I was horrified. I started to dig into the pile and found a living puppy...then another...then another. They were in bad shape. They needed saved. But my car was far away and I had nothing to carry the in. This was a dream so it didn't occur to me to get help from one of the houses or call Animal Control. I just kept digging finding survivors among the dead and not knowing what to do.

16. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Scary, sad dreams. :(

I had one that I was driving, and the guy in the car next to me was staring at me. I kept trying to ignore it, just focus on the road, but every once in a while I would glance over, and he would give me this weird smile. It was a creepy smile, so finally I was like "that's it. Not looking over at the creepy dude anymore. Just going to drive." I kept my eyes straight ahead until I noticed out of the corner of my eye that he was moving around more than he had been before, doing something. I turned...and right when I turned, he pointed a gun at me and started shooting me over and over.

Quite tame compared to my usual nightmares, but it freaked me out.

17. Kas

Kas New Member

I just woke up an hour ago from a pretty strange dream. I was having a debate about evolution vs creation with Wayne Gretzky. I never watch hockey, and I never even think about it or Gretzky.

My reaction to most dreams: what?

And he couldn't even argue. Now my image of this hockey legend is tarnished by his lame ad hominem attacks on my sex life. My subconcsious definitely phoned it in--must be on vacation.

Why couldn't it be Dawkins vs the pope, with me sitting in as the moderator? (to ensure that no moderation took place) That would have been a cool dream. Take the hint, sub-C! You know I'm not ready for another relationship right now--no more of this personal stuff.:(

18. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Well, I have to post this one I had as a kid. It's one of the three dreams that's stuck with me over the years, and by far the most frightening. (The other two were EPIC.)

I was visiting the mall with my mom (giant wood-paneled hallway, no stores) and needed to go to the bathroom. After using the urinal I flushed, and a thick purple liquid oozed up from the drain and out onto the floor, melting everything in its path. I only escaped by scrambling out the bathroom door as fast as I could. This happened three times.

After the third time I was out in the hall and some police came out of the bathroom and told me they found a clue, so I followed them back in. Among the smoking ruins of the bathroom floor there was a t-rex footprint embedded in the tile. They said the knew who the culprit was. It was Barney.

Now I ask you this, what kind of kindergartner is going to calmly accept the revelation that Barney was trying to murder them? I ended up sneaking into my parents room and curling up underneath the lip of their waterbed and sleeping there the rest of the night.

19. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

I dreamed three nights ago, that I was in a house and these animals from the Zoo were inside. This big ugly Gorilla kept chasing me around. I get away from it only to find a bat faced looking weasel thing looking at.

It was craziness and I was glad to wake up. That stupid Gorilla was hiding behind doors and in the closets. I don't think I ever have normal dreams.

20. Kas

Kas New Member

What the heck is a normal dream?

21. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I hardly ever remember anything about my dreams at all, which in itself I find slightly discomfiting as I used to dream quite vividly and remember almost every detail.

Anyway, occasionally I will remember a theme or a brief moment, and after dozing off the other day I had a particularly unpleasant dream about a cat I used to have (I'd had her for 18 years and she was killed by a neighbours car). The thing in the dream I remember most, however is that someone - I've no idea who they were - thought it was extremely important to make a point of telling me that I've been having recurring dreams about this cat. o.o

22. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I want to teach myself to control my dreams. Sleep would be so much more fun if I could make myself fly and all that in it.

23. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

I tried, but it required effort. :(

24. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

The other day I had an incredible dream involving spaceships, zombies, and dinosaurs all at once. I kept waking up in the morning, but going back to sleep just to continue the dream. Haha

25. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

As....do.....most things in the world?

:D