1. Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane New Member

The eternal procrastinator from downunder

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ford Fairlane, Jun 18, 2014.

Hi Everyone!,

I started writing my fantasy novel about 4 years ago but stopped around 11 chapters in with the most serious writers block/wall that I couldn't seem to overcome.. That led me to searching for a forum like this to find people who are like minded so I could find inspiration to restart my journey. I think I stopped because I reread a chapter and found a paragraph where I used the word "gift" 5 times! oh well, now I have to try and bring myself around to try and read it again without cringing too much.. :blech:

Anyway, I hope to read and learn from you guys and hope that I can eventually pay the favour back so that I too can become a useful contributing member!

See you all on the interwebs :)

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Ford Fairlane, and welcome to the forum! Please read the New Member Quick Start Guide, participate, and have fun.

From what you've said, I'm pretty sure you've come to exactly the right place. You'll find what you're looking for here! :)

Ford Fairlane likes this.
  3. Amanda_Geisler

Amanda_Geisler Senior Member

Hi Ford Fairlane,

I'm another member from down under, also new to this forum. I am six years into my writing career and I only just finished my first book a few months ago (yes I have been working on only the one novel). Don't be discouraged if you can't continue. It may be time to turn around and pick out the good points and start again (I can't tell you how many times I re-wrote my book... really I can't, I lost count) I am finally happy with my novel and I think that after some editing it will be ready for publication.

Welcome to the forum
    Amanda

Ford Fairlane likes this.