The Fall of Terrafel Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Forgotten_Memories, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

It can be written from whatever perspective you wish. I prefer third person, but you can write in first if you like. The dialogue is as Honor has explained. Just try not to keep the story back too much. Like, if there was something you really wanted to say in response to another person's post, but the story has moved on a bit since that post, try to say it in the new context.

2. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

I love romances in RPGs too. The last RPG I was in turned into something of a epic love story between my character and the GM's. Its a shame I had to die in the end. Sad face ending :(

3. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

haha sounds a bit like the last one I was in too. Except I didn't die...he did lol

4. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Hey guys, I don't get online on the weekends (family time). So sorry I'm late! I'll get caught up on whats going on today. I'd like to join but understand if I need to wait, I'll be following the story regardless.

I've missed you guys ;-)

5. Forgotten_Memories

I have been saving you a spot Hawken! Make a character now and I can approve it today! :D

PM with ideas :)

6. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Yay! Hawken! Hurrah!

7. Forgotten_Memories

I just realised that like almost everyone (minus the rat and Honor's character) in this RPG has had their parents slaughtered in front of them, or been neglected when they were children. And everyone also does something illegal or shady!

8. losthawken

how are we going to generate an honorable plot out of this group of rapscallions? Perhaps we will need to start out with an 'anti-hero' angle on the plot :) My character isn't going to be so scrupulous either...

9. Forgotten_Memories

Mine's got some surprises as well... just you wait! :p

10. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

I wouldn't say my character is a anti-hero. He just has problems conforming to the rules others lay down for him – and foolishly so. If someone needs saving, he will do his best to help.

11. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

My Character has a loving family! And she is part of a legitimate business! She's going to feel really out of place...

12. yellowm&M

Well whats interesting about a person with a perfect childhood? lol ;)

13. yellowm&M

ah! double post!

Hawken!!! I'm so excited youre joining this one too! :D

14. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

It's unique! Plus all of my characters have sad childhoods... It's overused. Better to have someone with regular parents. At least for me, its a change of pace

15. Forgotten_Memories

Haha, Honor, you can't say arms dealing is a 'perfectly' legitimate business! :p

16. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

Sounds legitimate enough :) No one is making the people who buy their products shoot other people in the face. It just ends up being the case most the time...

17. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

? What do you mean? They're not some black market group or anything! They're not distributing large shipments of swords to terrorist groups!

You're not thinking like a Victorian! It's very common for both people of the Victorian age as well as those of medieval eras to carry a weapon around with them. All nobles carry swords, as well as all merchants and travelers. Everyone carried weapons, so it wasn't a crude thing to carry a gun or a dagger. It would be improper for a noble to NOT have a sword or pistol.

A weapon merchant would be a respectable business. Sell basic protective weapons to the general public, exotic weapons to collectors, and fine or custom weapons to the rich.

18. Forgotten_Memories

Haha, I guess I am being too modern - I'm studying for an international relations exam!! The ethics of such things comes into question!

But yes, I guess things aren't quite the same in a victorian era setting. xD

19. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Hehe, seems we have alot of peoples here who like the darker side of things, yey, a nice and darkly driven rpg.

20. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

Adversity is what builds character and makes them strong. If a character had everything handed to them on a silver platter then they would have no reason to do anything but sit on their arses I reckon.

Stupid winking face in my post for some reason >.>

21. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

That's the best part of Bella! It's an experiment for me to be able to create a character who's strong solely through their own self, without needing hardship. An attempt for me to make a character who's personality is naturally strong, not made strong through unfortunate events.

22. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

I do like that idea- this optimism and strength that is derived from a nameless and unmentioned source does make a character interesting to follow and the mystery of their inspiration stands them on equal ground with those who had been jaded, I believe.

23. losthawken

I'm excited to play a character that doesn't really reflect me. It'll be like getting into someone else's head instead of generating a personality from a fraction of my own.

I've always been more of an elf or scat-rat kind of person; never a dwarf. But those positions seemed to have been well filled already by the time I got here. I'm looking forward to stepping outside myself for this one.

24. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

That's the same reason for Bella. I don't write enough girls, all my characters have hideously murdered parents or some other great tragedy, and ALL of them use magic. And Bella doesn't! It'll be interesting and good for me

25. Forgotten_Memories

:D

I will have the first post out on Wednesday night my time (so during your evening/afternoon), because then I am finally done with exams and uni! :D

And Hawken, I always imagined you'd play a human in an RPG like this. But, I have to say that I do like your dwarf.