Tags:
  1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

The Fifth Wave

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by GingerCoffee, Jan 7, 2015.

So I gave up on the Pynchon audio book, Bleeding Edge, (I'm going with an earlier work of his in print), got bored after the first CD of Neal Stephenson's Anathem (I hear another book of his is good so I'll get that one later) and put Rick Yancy's, The Fifth Wave into the CD player.

I absolutely love it! There's a caveat, I'm most interested currently with works I think will help me improve my own WIP. I'm only up to chapter 5 so far. It's narrated by a young girl (17-18ish) and we spend the first five chapters in her head. I'm telling a different story but I wanted my character to tell the readers what she was thinking, what her life was like, in her own interesting voice. This is just what Yancy is doing. Such an excellent example.

You know a good author when you read them and Yancy clearly is one talented writer.

Lemex likes this.