1. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

The flu sucks!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SeaBreeze, Jun 11, 2007.

The Flu Sucks! Need I say more???? and It's worse when your boss is relying on you to feel better on the day that's supposed to be your day off so you can work because the other guy is sick as well! GRRRRRRRR!!!:mad::(

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Try having a 20 month old that has had the flu for around 5 weeks now and won't get over it at all.....that is a nightmare, just as she gets better she has got it again....I need sleep, hearing her cough and wheeze all night is so heartbreaking and there is nothing more I can do for her than I am already doing.

I hate the flu too :(:(

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Yes, the flu is a miserable malady. You ache all over, and feel twenty degrees out of sync with reality. Every motion requires you to drag the effort from deep within, and you keep alternating between feeling hot and dry and feeling chilled and clammy.

I hope you can get home quickly and recouperate, DrOZ.

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

bless you both, although i reckon a child with flu is worse, they alway moan aswell. i've never had the flu before, just a cold, lol. get better DOZ, and you daughter Toranna :)
    Heather

5. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

I totally sympathise, just finished my exams last week and have had the flu for the entire time I had study leave... it is definately hard to study in that state :(

6. Cogito

Indeed. Thinking hurts, even opening eyes is no fun. My sympathies to all who are impacted by flu right now.

Torana, 5 weeks seems a long time for the flu to hang on. Have you checked in with a doctor about that?

7. Kit

5 weeks does seem quite long, I only had it for 3 weeks and I felt like I was going to just drop dead :(

8. Kit

Well... maybe not quite literally... lol but i'm sure you all get the point.

9. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Dose yourself to the gills with medicine. Even if it doesn't get rid of the symptoms you'll be so high you won't care. It also makes you have really weird ideas that you can look back on and wonder about when you get better.

10. Cogito

I wouldn't do that with a 20 month old. But I'd check with the doctor whether an opportunistic infection had taken hold, in which case antibiotics might be called for.

Sometimes something like the flu can knock down your defenses such that something else gets a grip on you.

11. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Yeah doing that to a twenty month old would be bad. I meant that bit of advice for Dropbear.

12. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I did that! I spent about three days in a state of drug induced delirium. It was like living inside the song Lucy in the Sky with Diamons.

Or living in the sixties, I suppose :p

13. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

You too?

I was ill throughout my exam week. I was near unconscious during my english exam, part because I was ill part because I was stressed and part because I dosed myself will all this anti-flu medication- maybe I shouldn't have taken the medication? Being awake is usually benefical when completing an exam.

Oh well, I passed everything anyway. *sigh*

I hope you recover well dropbear oz. I know how it sucks when your employer is like, hey- no sickies for you- you work or i'll replace you with cheap labour- lol, and everyone wondered why I quit macdonalds.

14. Raven

Raven Banned

Yeah recover well. Though its true I also Hate it when Flu strikes at my door.

15. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hey DOZ how'd work go today? Hope you are felling better now darlen. If not hope you feel better soon hey.

love ya Torana :)

16. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Work was okay. I was feeling a bit better today, it also helped that I actually turned up on time! I still have a terrible cough and feel a bit stuffy but I hope I will get even more better. I also asked my boss to have tomorrow off because I worked on my day off (today) and he said yes. Although I should work for the extra money to pay the mechanics that fixed my car! But I worked while I was sick so I need the rest. So yeah, popping a few painkillers worked pretty well and it no longer feels as though I got punched in the face!

So thanks to everyone for your thoughts and Tor, I hope she gets well soon. Take her to teh doc.. not that old geezer one that don't know what he 's doing but I'm sure she will be fine! Lots of water helped me so it might help her as well.

Cheers mates!
    ~Doz

17. Kit

Have you had your results back already or is that just confidence? My results don't come back till mid to late august *cries*

Dropbear:
    Glad to hear work wasn't too bad, and I hope that your cough and stuffiness go soon :)

18. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

The day before my birthday, in fact. You'll have done great, Kit. And I have only taken German AS (which I failed, but nevermind that) so I might not even bother going to get the result...

19. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

lol. My confidence doesn't usually stream into lying. I got my exam results back last week. I feel sorry for you, August is ages away... my final exams are a couple weeks after August, lol.

20. Frost

Frost Active Member

I usually recover from the flu in like two days. Its like mad severe colds.