The Ghosts and paranormal Thread.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Cicero

Cicero Banned

I'm a very skeptical, logical person. I would not believe in them if I had not experienced them personally, and in fact, until I did experience them, I didn't believe. I have three things I'll list.

1. This ironically happened on Halloween this year, which made me at first think it was a joke, until I checked my mom's caller ID and confirmed it. I was alone at home, about to give out candy to trick-or-treaters passing by, when my mom called asking if I had just called her from the house. I said no, and she said someone must have. Odd times.

2. I was looking for a game. I couldn't find it, but I wanted to find it before church so I could let it install while I was gone. I never found it, so I just left and went to church. When I got back from church the game was in the drive, and was installing itself. It was at 93%, so it had been prompted to install recently. No one was home while I was at church.

3. This one still irks me, and I try not to think about it when I'm in bed, because I'm scared it might happen again. I sleep in a very, very old bed. It was my great grandmothers, and it's about 120 years old. My big brother slept in it before I did, and he always told me it was haunted. He told me he sometimes heard a woman laughing maniacally, and the sound of coins falling in the kitchen. I didn't believe him - he always lies to me.

About a year after he told me, I had forgotten all about it. I had just gotten in bed, so I was still wide awake, when all of a sudden I hear an extremely loud sound of a woman laughing hysterically, like she's gone crazy. I sit straight up, and it scares the crap out of me. Then, I hear coins falling in the kitchen. It's insane, because it sounds so real. I can't describe it, there's no way to.

I jump out of bed and run into the kitchen and turn on the light. Nothing is there. I run to my little brothers room ( I have two brothers. ), he's asleep. I jerk him awake and ask him if he heard anything, he says no. I ask him if he got up to do anything tonight, he says no. I run into my parents' room and ask them if they heard anything, if they had been up any at all this night to maybe crush some ice for some water or something. They're almost still asleep while I'm asking them, and they say no. My big brother is at college, it couldn't have been him.

2. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Spoooky! The game thing was creepy!

I've managed to pick the sex of my friends children before they were born. I told her all I could get from her was pink (not pink things or objects, just everything around her screamed pink) and she had a baby girl. She had another baby girl a year or so later.
    I've done it a few times now.

3. Frost

Frost Active Member

Could be chance. 50/50 is good odds.

4. jayger04

jayger04 New Member

I'm on the yay side. I have had too many 'coincidences' happen, and have heard tales from people you'd expect to not be believers.

Mine revlves around my grandma. When my first son was born he would always be looking over my shoulder smiling and laughing at something. He would wake the same time, it was around 2am, everynight. I couldn't work it out and put it down to a particularly loud truck on the highway or train going past. Until I had the huge fight with my dad, who happened to be gran's favorite. I had a ribbon embroidery that I had completed and gave to my Gran the Christmas before she passed, it sat on a table with a lamp and a framed photo of her. After the fight, the lamp exploded-I am not exagerating my partner is my witness, flames were spurting everywhere. Once I had put the flames out the lamp showed no damage at all-it was a paper lamp, like you'd have in a young girls room.(It was mine as a teenager)

At times I'd be cleaning or driving, one disturbing time was when I was putting my son in his seat, and I'd hear whispering in my ear. I could never work out what was being said.

So there's a couple of things. At other times the electric fan that hung from the ceiling moved on its own, no wind-no I had not bumped it.
    And after about a year of my son waking the same night every night I had had enough and yelled out-"Enough Grandma, visit Jayger through the day will you" And he slept through from then on.

And I haven't had any of the above happen since either.

Coincidense or not, you decide.

5. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Just remembered another story of mine when cicero mentioned a bed. I used to live in a really big house, and every floor(3 stories) was finished. The laundry room was on the bottom floor and I would get the most awful feeling whenever i went down there...hence the laundry never being done. I put this off to be always being afraid of basements until everynight when going to sleep my bed would shake. Nothing spectacuar cause I could barely feel it. I always asked my guy if he could feel the bed shaking and he said no everytime.I guess it was more of a vibration.Not sure how to explain it. I got up a few times to see if it was me shaking, but I never was. It happened so many times that I just got used to it. Ever since I have moved it hasnt happened-not even once.

6. Raven

Raven Banned

What would you do if you turned out the light saw someone new you saw someone or thing and instantly turned on the lights and there was nothing.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I would look for a rational explanation, depending on the exact circumstances.

8. Raven

Raven Banned

Though its never happened to me sometimes when i turn out the light i get that wierd tingle down my back and turn the light back on to obviously see nothing and then put it down to my silly paronia.

9. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Or too many Horror movies. Or you could just sugically remove your sunglasses to actually see if someone or some THING is there! :p

10. Cogito

I don't know if I'd call it paranoia. But I'd be inclined to think it is an emotional blip the first time. After that, you have the memory of the sensation from the first time,which reinforces the feeling.

It's a hypothesis, at least. I'm not sure of any way to test it.

11. Cogito

Of course, if it was a strong enough tingle, I'd check the lamp wiring! :)

12. Raven

Raven Banned

lol.

I wouldn't like to check either but it sometimes is a strong enough tingle. I always put it down to Paranoia. I’m not sure if I believe in ghosts or not.

The trouble with the evidence we get from these paranormal investigators or captured on audio or film is always sketchy

13. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

:p Like Derek Acroa's Ghost towns. Okay, the guy might be a medium but geez! He should get an Emmy or something! It does come across as over-reacting and exadurating (I so can't spell that word!) and there was even reports that they have to go over the top and it's mostly fake.

I get taps on the head sometimes when no-one is around. It's kinda annoying! Tingle rating I get a few but I tend to huddle in my bed and close my eyes!

14. Raven

Raven Banned

Taps on your head?........................................

Do explain.

15. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I've felt a couple of taps on my head. No-one was near me. And no birds were flying overhead. So it was pretty annoying. Well, it was either somethign tapping my head or my brain imploding.
    My family joke that we have a ghost that follows us around. I think I have one. I yell at it all the time! :p

I've heard a few things and okay, now it's sounding like I'm bull****ting you but I'm not.

Once I was drifting off to sleep once and I remember very clearly a young childs voice say: "Tell mum I'm okay".

My six year old nephew had passed away a few weeks earlier. so there are things out there. And some can be explained by science but others can't so I'm on the fence sometimes even though I've experienced a couple of things happening.

16. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    A few weeks ago I was really tired and was washing my hands in the bathroom. I turned a little and I saw something that looked like a big, hairy, naked guy just out of the corner of my eye, and right on top of me.
    I jumped, spun in the air ready to fight, and nothing was there.
    After thinking about it, I realized I had seen myself. My back reflected off the mirror, then off of my glasses, so that I saw the image as if it was right behind me.
    I don't think any Chinese ghosts would be white and hairy.
    I was still jumpy for the rest of the night.

17. Cicero

Cicero Banned

That one about the "Tell mum I'm okay." is very cool, DropBear_Oz.

And Domoviye, it's nice to know you're a big, hairy, naked guy.

18. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I'm glad that was useful information. Tomorrow I'll post pictures.

19. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*BREATHS*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOO!!!! that's okay dom, no, really.....

And Cicero: Thanks. It was really wierd and vivid so I'm sure it was him.