The Handmaid's Tale - Atwood

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Wreybies, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Then what was the point of engaging a thread wherein the involved members are actually discussing the text - in detail - having either recently read it, or being well familiar with the text? A well-presented opposing point of view is not only fine, it's welcome because it helps to continue the conversation and brings up new topics, but just dropping lit matches because you're bored... You did see my post concerning trolls, yes? I'm a very honest man. What I say is what I mean and what I mean is what I say.

KaTrian and BayView like this.
  2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Old Man and the Sea. I was young and full of life and considered myself immortal and omnipotent... why the hell would I care about some old bastard in a boat? A few failures, a few gut-checks, and all of a sudden that book is a lot more meaningful.

I liked Of Mice and Men right from the start, but mostly because I had a mental fanfic in which I rescued Lenny and helped him find a better life...

Wreybies and KaTrian like this.