The Happiness Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomb1302

Tomb1302 Senior Member

Will definitely consider. Thanks :)

Cave Troll likes this.
  2. Tomb1302

Tomb1302 Senior Member

+1

3. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    So...

I called the lost and found office again....

and they FOUND IT!!!!!

[​IMG]

But seriously, they did, cycled down to the bus depot and got it back this afternoon:

hat.jpg

Like I said, nothing amazing, but I'm glad to have it back.

4. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Yeah, I'm really digging all this extra money from not smoking, and also not feeling like a zombie.

Shenanigator likes this.
  5. Mink

Mink Contributor Contributor

Finished reading my second book! Now to see if my dad has Finders Keepers with him...I don't think I can wait the weeks until the movers come and bring us our stuff.

6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

It's Friday.
    I'm writing.
    The stoma hole in my gut is getting smaller and smaller.

Yay! :D

Shenanigator likes this.
  7. DITF Ninja

DITF Ninja Member

Finished my binge of season 1 of stranger things (next is season 2) and got a pretty kick ass fight sequence written out this morning. Pretty productive for it being Friday.

8. GB reader

GB reader Contributor Contributor

First sex.
    I never thought I would do it. I was sure that I would find a way around it. You can always tweak a little, maybe set the mode so that it's not needed. But, I have written my first sex scene. A pure exercise. Touchdowns now and then during two weeks where they get to know each other. (750 words)She invites him to her small student accommodation. They share I bottle of wine. She asks him to stay the night. They share the bed, but nothing happens (it's a little sweet he has to borrow a nightgown, that of course is a little to small) 450 words. In the morning he wakes up and must visit the bathroom. He sees himself in the mirror and thinks he looks ridiculous. He removes the nightgown and creeps back, she wakes up. And then the actual sex 460 words.

It's rather explicit, and didn't turn out sweet. They both know what they want and make sure to get it.

I never thought I could do it.

jannert and Shenanigator like this.
  9. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

congratulations on losing your writers virginity

Shenanigator and GB reader like this.
  10. CoyoteKing

CoyoteKing Good Boi Contributor

I just had a massive realization.

I think I want to be an editor.

I have a two-year degree in accounting, and I've been working odd office jobs for a little while. I've just been kind of dicking around while I decide what to do with my life. But then I saw my favorite publisher was looking for editors... and then I realized. That's what I want to do with my life.

I'll have to go back to college for a couple years, though, and get an English degree. I'll have to get money somehow. I have a house... that might complicate things. But fuck! I know my purpose in life! I've never felt this way before.

11. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Forest fires, mudslides... they are weather related.

I sometimes think about going back out west, to the warmest climate I could get without leaving Canada (because there's no way in hell I'm moving to the US, and leaving the continent seems a bit much without a real goal) but then, in another thread, I was looking at pictures of Robert Pickton's farm out in Coquitlam and everything was grey and there were puddles everywhere and I thought... damn, that's a farm that needs some snow!

I don't want to not have snow. Snow is beautiful. Ice is beautiful, with the light shining through it just right. Riding a horse on a nice winter's day, the horse's hooves crunching on the snow, his breath clouding around his face, both of you agreeing to head for the forest to get out of the wind and then just standing still and feeling the silence of a fresh snowfall?

Yeah. I'm not moving to California, or anywhere else there's no snow. Not unless there's a damn good reason, and climate isn't close to good enough!

jannert, Shenanigator and minstrel like this.
  12. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

I'm with you. Experiencing the change of seasons is good for the brain. Not sure why...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  13. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Congrats!!!

It really is a milestone, isn't it? I got rid of my writers' virginity last September. Life changing.

14. Shenanigator

We really do have snow and ice in California...We just don't get a lot of press for it. :superwink:Using @big soft moose 's Moosist scale, the Sierra Nevadas get a fucktonne of it. And yes, snow is beautiful. I miss icicles.

OT, but you're a rider? Me too (former, actually, can't do it now due to vertigo). Having learned in CA, I've never ridden in the snow. Sounds wonderful. I love what you said about "both of you agreeing..." So true. There's something amazing about having perfect, peaceful communication with a 1000-pound animal who could easily kill you but who doesn't want to, who just wants to have a nice stroll with you.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    BayView likes this.
  15. BayView

Yeah, California's a diverse place. But if I were to live in the "gets snow" part of the state I might as well stay home and get snow here!

16. Shenanigator

Yeah, especially for your better healthcare system! (Shhh! That's all I'm saying about that, 'cause I'm not going to the debate room.)

BayView likes this.
  17. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

We have a lot of snow right now, and for whatever reason, my horse decided it's the most alien thing in the world. Last Thursday, with a fresh blanket of snow on the ground, I was hoping for a magical moment you described above, but it was like going for a walk with a giant pack of dynamite, her eyes flashing like a slot machine, hooves trampling into the pristine snow like she wanted to murder it, an innocent dog walker turning into a Neanderthal hunting her with a lion on a leash, but at the same time, while she wants to run like hell back to the stables, she also wants to sample every pine tree we walk by... :rofl:

18. BayView

If you want reliable transportation, buy a bicycle. If you want every trip to bring you to the edge of death? Horses!

Shenanigator and KaTrian like this.
  19. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Can't be as bad as driving with my mum.

Shenanigator and KaTrian like this.
  20. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Paaaatriiiiiooooootttttssssss!

Shenanigator likes this.
  21. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

My guitar is up from it's case and I'm forcing my neighbors to sit through my attempts to torture it.

The set list contains classics like:
    Hurt, Otherside and ...baby one more time

I'm so happy I'm not renting this place :whistle:

Shenanigator, minstrel and Fernando.C like this.
  22. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Oh I remember strumming Otherside in my room. :D I don’t particularly even like that song, but it was inoffensive enough so as not to upset my then neighbors.

Luckily I didn’t get a proper amp before moving to a student ap cos at least then no one cared. Plus our downstairs neighbor played the effing accordion so I didn’t feel bad about interpreting Black Flag and Clutch songs in our bedroom. :twisted:

23. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

I grew up blasting Pansy Division songs - I don't care the slightest if my neighbors would find my choice of songs offensive!*

I'm self thought and not very good, but it's fun to play. So I feel a bit bad for whoever hears it.

My guitar is acoustic, so it's not the loudest thing alive, but the apartment is rather old. It's hard to know just how soundproof it is. I mean, I can hear my neighbors at times but it's more quite than my last apartment. That one was new and probably better sound proofed, but my neighbors were shouting and fighting all the time, so it didn't help much.

I guess they'll complain if it's too bad.

* I was just reminded of a school trip to France when I was around 14. Me and a friend went around singing wherever we went. Annoying as hell - but we didn't care. American tourists were rather shocked to hear two little girls singing parts of Rancids "California Sun" with the lyrics "I was high on junk, and the warm winds of Saint Anna feels alright". Asked "DO THEY KNOW WHAT THAT MEAN?".

We did shut up, though, after singing KSMB's "Varför lever du" in the subway and then learned that someone had just jumped in front of a train :supercry:

Yeah, so that was just random story time. I guess I should get busy writing :whistle:

KaTrian likes this.
  24. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

Never trust any animal you can look up its nose.

25. BayView

I think you should ONLY trust an animal if you can look up its nose... otherwise, how can you be sure what they're hiding in there?!?

Shenanigator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.