The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by marina, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

I actually just stumbled upon them a week or so ago. I read book one of her Gregor the Overlander series, so I'm very interested :)

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

^ You should be, they're great. :D

3. Sundae

Sundae New Member

Okay, I'm currently reading it and about half way through ... but so far, I don't know, it's just okay. I hope it picks up by the end, but I was sort of expecting more with all the people that have been pushing the book lately. It could be that it's a YA intended for a YA audience and for some reason, I've never been a fan of those.

I like YA that sort of appeal to all age gaps and this book isn't something I would normally pick up if I were browsing the YA section. But either way, I'm open for it capture me. I'm only half way through after all.

4. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I love the Hunger Games for the plot, but I did get a lot of tell-not-show moments in it that irked me a bit. Very quick pacing and it was exciting, though.

I'm looking forward to the movies. I just hope they do a good job on them, and don't shove aside all the rebellion stuff just to overdo the romance.

5. Sundae

Sundae New Member

Eh. I finished it last night and I didn't like it. I would give it 1/2 a star out of five. I don't think I'll be reading the sequels. It wasn't for me.

6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

The first was the best for me. The others, not as much. Still liked them, just... they weren't as awesome as the first IMO.