The Imperium of Surmarack Second Stage: Return to Paradise

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Pheonix, May 29, 2013.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Aurora -The Sorven Household

Sorven looked up as the guard burst into the room, gasping for breath. Eyebrows rising in mock surprise, the man could easilly guess what had flustered Tolkien so much.

"What did she prophecy this time? And it better be good!" he barked, tapping his desk impatiently. he had been busy filling out some documents -trade had been all but ruined, but he wasn't one to quit easily.

"The Scarlet Beast is coming . . . with Babylon on it's heels." Tolkien managed to get out, and Sorven's eyes narrowed.

"That is by far the most cryptic thing she's ever uttered. Are you sure that is what she-"

"Yes, my Lord."

"Don't interrupt me." Sorven growled, and the man cowered. Letting out an exasperated sigh, Sorven heaved himself up and out of his chair, but he was mentally grinning. The Seer Council would find this very interesting, and it might just put him in a good position. . .

"Get my traveling clothes. I'm going to be taking her to find a translator." he barked, and the guard scrambled away.

Aurora opened her eyes and looked up when a door closed. Sorven stood just feet away from her, and she shrank back against the wall. He smiled and knelt in front of her, pretending to be nice, but she knew that he wanted information.

"My dear, have you had another vision? One of your guards has claimed so -and I would hate to have been tricked." he said, and Aurora nodded slowly, mute. A look crossed Sorven's face that she couldn't identify, and then he stood up.

"Well, come on."

Swallowing, Aurora stood up, her long blue hair flowing down to the small of her back. Despite how fearful she looked, she was remarkably striking in appearance with her sea-green eyes and cyan locks. But that had only proven to be a downfall for her, and she padded along silently after her Lord as they made their way through the house and outside.

She was careful to remain in his shadow -near invisible- as they strode down the quiet roads.

JessWrite likes this.
  2. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Oliver Douway

Oliver kicked against a loose stone. His frame was tense, static electricity crackled through his veins, his eyes squeezed to slits, his vision a watery blur. He wasn't supposed to go out of the embassy but Oliver couldn't care less. She didn't seem to care much for him either, he was never asked or told anything. He clenched his hands to fists. Bribing the guards protecting the conference room had only resulted in a lecture, an educational beating, and the guards keeping an even closer eye on him. It was unfair, and now even David began to command him around, in lack of having anything better to do. All his brother seemed to do was dream about how many cushions he'd need to sit comfortably on the throne. The throne, Oliver shivered at the mere thought of the ugly, pompous thing.

He'd sauntered several streets down and hopped onto a low wall, at the side of the stree, near a small statue of Armek. His chest heaved as he inhaled the fresh, spring air. A soothing breeze rustled down his lungs. The stormy ocean inside him calmed, and turned into a still pond. His eyes slid over the masses, there were market stands selling herbs from other parts of the ring, Oliver smiled, the multitude of scents sent him daydreaming. Some eyes fell on him, as the endless crowd went by, but only unintentionally and without a spark of recognition in their eyes. Oliver felt happy for it too, he'd much rather dissolve somewhere in that crowd or fly with the pidgeons than to pretend to be the strong Lord that he wasn't. A tall man passed by, in his shadow a girl with starkly contrasting cyan hair.

He couldn't help but stare at her. He assumed she could tower the man that guided her, if she wasn't cowering behind him. An orb of cold settled inside his stomach, he'd seen the man before, he thought. Oliver wagered for a moment, mother wouldn't be at all happy if he'd snuck out again, especially not now. But how could any twelve-year-old resist the pulsating temptation of curiosity? When they'd passed by Oliver hopped off the low wall he'd been sitting on and blended into the crowd. He squeezed himself between an army of legs, covered in trousers and dresses.

He was determined to find out more about the odd girl, he never took his eyes off her as he followed the man and the girl through the streets of Coranum.

JessWrite likes this.
  3. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Douway Meeting

“Whatever our move is going to be, open war is not an option.”

I agree… we are in no position to be going on the offensive.” Malief said. “I must raise my concerns over the unidentified Isthus ship though… it’s presence is… unnerving. The Imperial may see it as a threat…and they will not hesitate to fire.” It was a worrying thought. If it came to be then the desperation of the Seer Council would be clear, but if they did nothing they were giving up the throne to strangers. The houses would be furious with such action.

“That could cause open war alright.” Rosalyn rested a clenched fist in her cheek and stared down at her own reflection in the table. “In that scenario it is likely the houses would be expected to fall in behind one or the other – well the weaker houses at least.” To say that House Douway was weak left grit in her teeth. What would Lord Samson think if he saw his legacy today? She shuddered at the thought.

If we are not in a position of strength… then we must put ourselves in one” Malief replied in a voice of silk. “I fear that consolidating our bonds with House Jarn will not be enough.

“But it will be a start, at the very least.” Rosalyn stood tall, and the others followed suit. She had decided her plan. “David will go to House Jarn under your protection and advisement, Knight Ajax and Lord Malief. I suggest you prepare immediately for your journey.”

Malief held for a moment and looked up at her with those lucid eyes of white. “My lady… might I converse with you… in private?

JessWrite likes this.
  4. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Uiron and Orielle Nedrayur

"Would you prefer to keep meditating, Orielle? I would just rather you not stress yourself out."

She laughed lightly and pointed her staff at Uiron, the tip nearly touching his chest. "Being concerned for my well being, what a poor excuse to get out of a duel, Brother. But I do promise to not hurt you this time." Orielle's eyes shone like refined silver, a challenge present in her gaze.

He felt the air pressure against his chest, with the move of the spear, but never acknowledged the weapon with his eyes. He was too focused on his sister's glare. He looked her back. "Confirming a duel, only in an attempt to mimic the strength of your brother. Shameful, my dear sister." he said in a mocking tone.

He then jumped back swiftly and gave her a smirk. "I'll allow you to conceal the first move." he said in a tone of mock arrogance.

"And I'll not do your bidding, oh high and mighty." Orielle jeered, giving her staff a twirl. "I always take the first move. If you're so bold, why don't you go first?"

Uiron just smiled at her. And said nothing more, very swiftly, he reached into his belt and pulled out a dagger and charged towards her at incredible speeds.

Orielle felt The Flow in her veins as her adrenaline kicked in. She dodged to the side and tapped into her core, transferring the power to her staff. A burst of blue light cast over the metal, flickering like volts of electricity. In one quick motion she raised it above her head, throwing out a flow field in his direction.

Still stuck in the motion of piercing, Uiron noticed that his sister had dodged. Before he could recover from the failed attack, the field came at him quickly. He knew what he had to do he had no choice. Looking towards his left, the field was getting dangerously close. Suddenly, an object made of the Flow appeared. It seemed to be an arm, on the ends were large pieces of metal with huge bolts in them. The arm attached itself to Uiron's left shoulder. It was a prosthetic completely made of the flow. Barley visible, it seemed to be see through. Once the attack was close enough he formed a fist. And slammed the flow arm's fist into the attack. The attack became destroyed, and Uiron smiled. Yet, the entire training hall shook at the force of their clashing attacks.

After the quake died down, Orielle sighed as if disappointed. "Were the special effects truly necessary?" she said, a smug grin tugging at her lips.

"Let's try something more...interesting." Orielle spun her staff like a baton, The Flow spewing from it like flames. One after the other, they soared towards Uiron, determined to strike and burn.

"The better to thwart you with, my dear." he said give her a smirk. The flames approached him rapidly. And instead of moving an inch, he swapped his dagger for his laser gun on his belt. Gripping the gun tight, he pulled the trigger multiple times, blasting the flames out of the air.

"Are you afraid of getting close?" he asked.

"You should probably ask yourself that same question," Orielle retorted. With her weapon in front of her, she ran at him full force. The metal wing tips flashed dangerously, ready to devour.

As she charged, he created flow chains to restrict her. His left arm disappeared, he was running out of flow energy. He would soon be exhausted if he kept using it. He began to run quickly. And while she was caught up, he shot his laser at the perimeters of her thighs, and torso. Trying his best not to hit anything fatal, or even remotely important.

A shot grazed her side, but Orielle fought against the pain. Biting back a grimace, she chased him down the hall. She could only imagine how she would appear to a passerby on the ship; a warrior playing like a child. But giving up was not in her agenda, not to Uiron of all people.

"You're holding back today, Brother." Orielle called. She stopped in her tracks and her staff met contact with the floor, echoing off the walls. The remainder of the flow energy inside it rippled onto the tiling, rushing towards his feet to envelope them. "Or maybe your age is finally catching up to you!"

"Never." he stated with a stern voice. The energy got to his feet and he tripped, tumbling down the hall. Hitting the floor over and over, though while in mid-roll. He got an aim at his sister and blasted her. She flew, and her back hit a wall.

They both held back, because they cared for each other. Though, they already knew each other's strength. And probably most important reason, they didn't want to damage the hall.

JessWrite likes this.
  5. Keitsumah

Aurora

She glanced back -not knowing why- but when her eyes met with the young boy's her stomach dropped. She had only been a servant before this . . . this imprisonment, but she knew well enough to keep others out of trouble.

"Come along, Aurora or we'll be late to see the Council." Sorven said pleasantly, but there was a menacing undertone. She nodded rapidly to appease him, but her eyes still flickered back towards the boy. How to get him away . . .?

The Scarlet Beast shall come, with Babylon on it's heels . . . Aurora squeaked and clutched at her head as pain lanced through her body. Her vision flickered between reality and a fiery oblivion -a realm between life and destruction.

Fire licked the stars, smoke making them flicker and then dissapear in its stifling clouds. All around her, buildings lay in ruins -bodies pouring out blood into the streets. Crimson flowed up to her ankles, hot and sticky, and she remained locked in place despite her near incomprehensible desire to move.

Before her, in the street, a massive head rose, a body scarlet as the blood flooding around it. Blackened towers arced into the sky behind, and a deafening roar shook Aurora to her very core as the beast opened its maw and let loose a pillar of black flame.

A slap brought her to awareness.

"Snap out of it! I won't have you doing this in the middle of the streets!" Sorven spat into her face, and Aurora seemed to shrink even further in size if it seemed possible.

Despite the tang of blood in her mouth, she nodded again, mute. But she could not stop shaking.

The Scarlet Beast shall come, with Babylon on it's heels . . .

JessWrite likes this.
  6. Macaberz

Oliver Douway

Oliver's innards seem to freeze when his eyes collided with those of the girl. Only now did he see how weary and beaten she looked, like a common slave. Yet it seemed out of place, people usually didn't drag their slaves out into the open, their servants yes, but not slaves. Slaves did all the dirty, hard work at home. Oliver let his eyes slide up and down the street, no signs of a slave merchant either. Once again their eyes collided, but just when they did, hers went into soft focus. As if she was witnessing another realm, something beyond the sunbathed reality of every day. Oliver had heard of people like her before, he'd seen the same happen to a Sanhedrin friend of his mother once. This girl was no slave or servant, she was a seer.

Oliver cringed when the man hit the girl. It sounded like a fish being slapped on a stone, with the intention to kill. The smack ringed in his ears, he remustered his courage and dared to look once more.

"Snap out of it! I won't have you doing this in the middle of the streets!"

Oliver couldn't stand it any longer, the man spat right in the girls face, his saliva trickling down her bruised skin.

"Stop it!" called Oliver, something he instantly regretted. Who was he to interfere in that man's business? Yet a spirit had been kindled in him, rising up his chest, and plowing relentlessly upward until it had seeped into his very voice. Eyes ablaze, he could only wait for the inevitable to happen. Now mother would be really angry with him, if she found out...

JessWrite likes this.
  7. Keitsumah

Aurora

Sorven turned angrily towards the boy who had spoke up -completely ignoring the people who passed by, staring at them. But once he recognized the lad, his eyes widened. "Lord Douway, what a pleasant surprise! I wouldn't expect your mother to let you out this time of day -especially with all the hubbub with the emperor being assassinated and all."

Meanwhile, Aurora ducked back into the man's shadow, but her eyes remained on the boy, and something close to a maternal instinct crossed them. She had tended to the children before the visions had started, and she did not want him to end up in any unnecessary pain.

"Milord, please. We will be late for the council." she reminded him with a soft voice -trying to distract Sorven, but it was no good as he waved her off without a glance. The man was clearly in the mood to prove that he could so whatever he wanted to his property.

JessWrite likes this.
  8. Macaberz

Oliver Douway

Oliver blinked a few times, he would have scuffed his feet if Sorven's words hadn't lashed at him and froze him on the spot. Especially the remark about his mother's approval, or lack thereof, sent a tingle down his spine. Red hot smoke coursed through the veins in his cheeks, making them smolder like embers. "Well, I..." His eyes dilated, he blinked once more before he fully realized who the man was. "Lord Sorven," stated Oliver. House Douway and House Sorven had never been very good friends. The endless tug of war between the two houses seemed to head towards the rope snapping and both houses smacking into the ground with nothing but broken string in their hands. "I meant no disrespect, I only..." said Oliver, his jaws began to snap together until his teeth were clenched. "I should be on my way" slurred the little Knight.

An idea began to form inside of him, condesing out of thin air, removing all other possibilities from sight. Oliver prepared to turn around, his eyes darted towards a hidden alley, he would do what the girl did, stay in the shadows.

JessWrite likes this.
  9. Keitsumah

Aurora

"Yes, i think you should, my boy. Go on then," Sorven clucked, his ruffled feathers beginning to settle once he realized the lad wasn't going to challenge him. Turning away, he nearly stepped on Aurora's toe had she not moved away fast enough.

The girl glanced back at the boy as she trailed after her master once again. He was dodging into a narrow alley to hide, and his flushed cheeks bespoke embarrassment. A faint smile touched her lips in releif. He would be safe. He would be untouched by Sorven's cruelty -at least for now.

It might be better if no one saw her, she realized. They would all be safer for it.

Muttering a strange, melodic word, her image flickered and turned transparent. Only if someone looked deliberately for her would they see her now. Sight-null was useful in many ways.

JessWrite likes this.
  10. Macaberz

Oliver Douway

Oliver strutted into the alleyway. Immediately after he'd made the turn he shoved his back against the wall and waited. He counted, with every breath he exhaled his heart crawled closer to his ribs. Five, four, he closed his eyes, two, he could hear the metallic clatter of a guard passing by, one. He snapped his eyes wide-open and hurried himself back into the crowd. He shouldered his way through the mass, jumped onto the stone bannister that flanked the street and peered into the distance. He could see the man drag the girl around another corner, they headed upwards, towards the Imperial Palace Oliver assumed. He throttled himself into full speed, his feet kicking up dust behind him, nearly clouding him from sight. He ignored the annoyed glances that stabbed his back, ignored the cries for decency and manners. Within a minute he'd reached the same corner Sorven had just turned around. The wind blew his hair, swaying it from one side to the other, ruffling it, he could taste the thick, soupy air on his tongue.

He arrived just in time to spot Sorven again, this time the man was much closer. The girl looked terrified, dried-up salive still marked her face, her eyes wide with desperation. Oliver wished he could drag her away from that tyrant Sorven, but he knew that if he took from house Sorven, his house would have to pay for it. One way or another. He couldn't stalk them much longer either, the palace had entered their view and Imperial Guards patrolled the area. The wind blasted a spirit of rashness into his mind, a relentless, thoughtless storm. A distraction, that was what he needed. Oliver drummed his fingers against his thigh, slowly following Sorven. A fat man with thighs as thick as trees sauntered in front of him, an proportionally heavy pouch hanging from his belt. Without second thought Oliver slammed into the man, grabbed the pouch and tumbled to the floor, sprinkling the paved streets with gold. There was a moment of perfect silence before the mass turned into a frenzy, from left and right people lunged towards the ground grabbing as much of the gold as the could. The fat man looked bewildered, and though his circumference blocked many from reaching down, half of his gold had already been slit into pockets and other hidden places. Oliver crawled through the sea of legs, not two feet away from him stood the girl, he tugged her sleeve, "run now, run to house Douway" he hissed. Imperial guards came rushing in from all sides, trying to identify the source of the commotion. This was the girl's ultimate chance, through the chaos she could easily slip away.

"You, you little wrench!" steamed the puffy man, his pig like eyes squeezed to slits, the veins near his temple threatening to burst. "Arrest this scoundrel!" spat the man, pointing his sausage-sized fingers towards Oliver. One of the imperial guard rushed forward and lifted Oliver by his shirt. "Run, i'll be fine," hissed Oliver.

"What?" demanded the man, his underchin wobbling with rage, "you'll be fine, in prison, fined and in prison I daresay!" he announced pompously.

JessWrite likes this.
  11. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Fay Aladora

House Jarn. It was larger than Fay had a expected, and closer than she had originally believed. It hadn't taken her long at all to make her way here. Her mental map never failed her, it was near impossible for her to get lost. Fay sighed sadly and wrung her fingers nervously as she stared at the door. She never thought she would ever have to leave the comfort of her own home; to seek refuge in the house of another. But if the council of the emperor was looking for her...she couldn't risk the safety of her family, and she couldn't let them find her. She knew too much about Domu Paradisus.

Fay pushed down the hood of her brown cloak, revealing her short, choppy black hair. Charlie levitated only inches from her cheek. "I guess I'd better knock, huh Charlie?" The little bot didn't respond. It rarely did. Please let them accept me, please let them accept me. She begged silently. Then she took a deep breath in an attempt to calm her nerves and knocked on the door of House Jarn.

JessWrite likes this.
  12. Fan7asticMrFox

Roselyn and Malief

“My lady… might I converse with you… in private?”

Roselyn pondered for a moment. Her head was heavy with worries, she could scarely imagine what this was going to be about. "Very well," she sighed. Ajax, who had been deliberately lingering in the doorway, frowned. "Oh Ajax, could you find Oliver for me please? I haven't seen him around." said Roselyn. Ajax inclined his head and went on his way. When the click-clacking of his boots had faded Roselyn closed the door. She scractched her forehead, trying to rid herself of the feverish fire that was burning underneath her skin. "Well, Lord Malief, what is this about?" she demanded.

Malief paused, adamant on choosing the right words. David was her son after all. “My Lady… this current state of affairs is very grim… most houses will be plotting an ascent to the throne… but perhaps I can offer some peace for all in this troubling time.” Malief had slithered outside to the creamy marble balcony, where the dark blue desert of night sprinkled across the city and even the stars could not break through its sand. No cloud touched the horizon yet it felt empty and every skyscraper stood alone weeping with pale light.

"If you are hear to emphasize how weak our position is, then I am afraid I can't afford to waste any more words," said Roselyn, her voice cold as steel. She twirled around, grabbed her holoset and was about to head out when she reconsidered. Slowly, Roselyn Douway turned around. The nightly blue engulfing her countenance like water, purifying her features. Yet she looked frail in that light, like a flower that's weighed down from lack of cold and too much heat. "Excuse me, Lord Malief, that was uncalled for. I- I have many matters to attend at once, I meant no disrespect," explained the head of the house. Her face softened, and she joined Malief on the balcony. "What peace do you speak of?" inquired Roselyn.

You meant no disrespect… and I took no offense my Lady." He turned towards Roselyn and though the Sanhedrin could not show emotion, she could feel the warming aura around him. “Peace and celebration… often go hand in hand. Your son is coming of age… and while he is not yet ready for leadership… he may be ready for marriage.” His words were soft, but not easy for her to swallow.

"Ah" gulped Roselyn, her skin could sense the aura of warmth that emanated from Malief, it wrapped itself around her like a blanket, lulling her into a sense of security. A feeling she'd craved for ever since she had taken office and vowed her allegiance to the house by the sigil. "To you, Lord Malief, I dare admit that I haven't given it much thought. I haven't heard David speak of it either, but it seems only right." Her gaze drifted off into the distance, the many lights of the city like stars in an endless sea of cobalt-blue darkness. "We could do with a celebration," she concluded. She cocked her head, "did you have anyone particular in mind? Someone of another house perhaps?" asked Roselyn.

The shadows across his face made it look like he was smiling. “My dear lady… I dare say you have read my mind. My thoughts are taken with a particular female… and while it may be tricky, we could actually kill two birds with one stone.” He stared deep into Roselyn's heart. “She is a delicate lily flower, unspoiled by politics or business… slightly older than our David… twenty two in fact… but that may be good for him. I am speaking of course about the adorable Maylin Sorven… a middle child of the family… and ties with the Sorven would be… advantageous.

A cloud swooped over Roselyn's face but she stuffed it away, deep down in her heart alongside other grudges she held. "Sorven..." Roselyn licked her lips, the very name knitted her brows together. "A marriage shouldn't be taken lightly, not between families of our stature," she pondered. "I am not sure, if we are considering the Sorven's wouldn't Lissete be a more agreeable partner? As far as I can recall she is a year younger than David, it seems," she paused for a moment, "more fitting. Why Maylin, Lord Malief? And why the Sorvens? I can hardly imagine that they'll want such a marriage to take place."

“Lissete is a stubborn child headstrong for her own ambitions… David needs someone that will focus on him and him alone.” Malief held his breath for a moment, letting the information sink in. “And I look to Sorven as a strategic match… their army strength is only second to the powerful Gibrani… and I would rather poke my eyes out with the flow than see Douway tied to those reckless brigands.” His voice sharpened, a bitterness gripping to his lips which he could not shake. “…and the Sorven would listen to our proposal at least – you forget Douway’s strength my Lady… coin. And lots of it.

"I am not sure," said Roselyn, strain rppling over her forehead. "Their armies maybe strong, but is Sorven as loyal and well-intending as you are, Lord Malief? I doubt it, especially considering the volatility of coin." She sighed and pushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Your words carry wisdom, but I can not make a decision of such consequence when I am as overwhelmed with problems great and small, it will have to wait. Perhaps we can agree to speak of it when you return from House Jarn?" she asked. A yawn escaped her lips, much as she tried to hide it. "My apologies, Malief, it's becoming late."

Of course my Lady… another time.” He simply bowed and watched her leave. When she turned away his whole body gripped with tension, and a dark stare washed over his eyes as he watched her walk down the creamy marble steps, past the chestnut table and through the exit. The moment she had closed the large oak doors the portrait of deceased Emperor Armek flew off the wall, fizzing like a disc out onto the balcony. It stopped in mid-air in front of Malief and from out of nowhere he revealed a knife, digging it deep into the canvas’ heart. He hacked and slashed like a wild beast, defacing the once great lord. And when he was done the dagger disappeared into his robe and the picture spun off once more, flying into the cold night air.

JessWrite likes this.
  13. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Outer Edge of Surmarack Space

Strike Cruiser God's Hammer

"Ship on screen, large Isthus Battleship," the helmsman reported. "Full weapon's compliment. Scans indicate it is fully manned, nearly one thousand life signs."

"Get me a holo of it," the Hammer's captain replied. A second later a holo projection of the Isthus ship materialized in front of the captain. "Showy, isn't it?" he joked after inspecting the design of the ship.

God's Hammer was the Imperium's flag ship. A golden wonder that looked like an ancient water faring ship, with a large prow that tapered to a bettering ram hull in the front, and large thrusters in the rear. Like everything in the Principe Militum arsenal, the ship was shining brass colored from the Duriem alloy that it was manufactured from. Gun ports bristled from the ship, marking it clearly as a ship designed with one focus, war.

"Open a hailing channel," the Captain ordered, and the comm officer leapt to oblige.

"Attention unidentified Isthus Cruiser, do you read? This is the Imperium Flagship God's Hammer. Please send your Ident tags and assume a holding position no less than one million kilometers from the nearest edge of the station. Once again, this is the Imperium Flagship God's Hammer. Send us your Ident tags and await further instructions."

JessWrite likes this.
  14. Keitsumah

Aurora

Sorven cursed, shoving himself out of the crowd, but he had forgotten Aurora. But once the oby had yanked on her skirt, her attention had been diverted from panic to realization.

"Run, run to house Douway!" he hissed before he was scooped away by a guard.

Looking back as Sorven yelled her name, Aurora had only hesitated for a moment before she was off like a gazelle. Cyan hair whipping out behind her as if caught in a gale, she dashed into an alleyway and used Sight-null again to fool an unwary guard. Heart hammering in her throat, she looked back at the boy as he was carried off. She had to get word of his fate to his family at the least.

I'll be fine. those words rang in her mind, and she swallowed back fear that he might be wrong.

Just get to House Douway. Just get to House Douway.

JessWrite likes this.
  15. Macaberz

Ajax

Ajax plodded through the thick crowd. He knew the boy better than most and simply followed trouble's long, slithering tail. Within five minutes he'd tracked the boy down, two soldiers were dragging the blabbering infant up the stairs of the palace. Ajax couldn't resist a smile. He'd been wrong, there was a liking between Oliver and David, they both managed to wind up in trouble with capital T. Ajax cleared his throat, though it sounded more like low, guttural growl. "I wouldn't," he warned, adressing the two guards.

"This is imperial business, citizen!" barked the taller of the two, his red cape bellowing on the tidal fury of his tongue. "Is it just you two to carry him away? That's fucking insulting, last time it was five," retorted Ajax. "Six!" shrieked Oliver who'd sunk his teeth into the wrist of one of the guards. The bitten one let out a piercing howl before shaking himself loose and smacking Oliver straight across the face. The latter would've collapsed by the sheer force of the blow if the other guard hadn't been holding him in place.

Ajax whistled, "three mistakes, first you take a Lord prisoner, second you ignored my warning. Third. You hit him in my presence. Tututut," he clicked his tongue, "You are very fortunate that House Douway is so forgiving and that I, by extension, am as well. How about 100 credits each to keep your lovely heads attachted to those strong bodies of yours eh?"

Without so much as waiting for an answer Ajax grabbed Oliver and tossed the guards the coins. Blood trickled from Oliver's nose, and his face was paler than a star in the sky, but his chest was heaving, and his nostrils flared rhytmically. Ajax didn't waste much more time, he threw the limp and dizzied Oliver over his shoulder and marched off. His eyes fell on the fat man as he strode through the streets, with a clatter another pouch of coin landed in front of the man, Ajax didn't bother to look if the repayment was deemed satisfactory or not.

"The girl," Oliver murmured, his head nid-nodding against Ajax's broad shoulderblade. "Did she go to our house?"

JessWrite likes this.
  16. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Orielle and Uiron

Out of breath and sweat streaking her face, Orielle stood to her feet. Their duel had been the rush that she lived for; the reason her heart was still beating. Without Uiron, she didn't know where she'd be.

"As hard as it is for me to say, well played, Brother." she said, nodding her head in his direction. "Brings back many memories, fighting like we do...even if you are a tad uppity." Orielle laughed as she walked in step with Uiron, down the hall towards her room.

Uiron smiled at his sister. "I am only on the height of my skills when I am contending against you, Orielle." he said in a light tone. Suddenly, the intercom of the ship announced that it needed Uiron to come to the Captain's Quarters once again for a video conference. Uiron looked at his sister. "Would you enjoy accompanying me?" he asked politely.

"Accompanying my opponent? Hm..." Orielle tapped her chin with one finger, as if she were in deep thought. After a long second, a smirk played on her lips. "But of course, how could I decline?"

Uiron gave her a smirk, as they both ran toward the top floor rapidly.

They passed through multiple floors. Many people acknowledged their speeds as they flew by. The two had decided that running would be quicker than taking the elevator, whether actual thought was put into it, or whether it was just their competitive spirit showing, was not able to be detected.

Upon arrival, Uiron readied himself for a video conference. His eyes lost their trace of being playful once he entered the room.

"Attention unidentified Isthus Cruiser, do you read? This is the Imperium Flagship God's Hammer. Please send your Ident tags and assume a holding position no less than one million kilometers from the nearest edge of the station. Once again, this is the Imperium Flagship God's Hammer. Send us your Ident tags and await further instructions." The Captain repeated to Uiron word for word.

The ship had stopped, almost entering the gravitational pull of Surmarack. Uiron looked at the screen, as it scanned him for holographic conversation.

His image appeared in front of the God Hammer member who had questioned him. "It is I, Lord Nedrayur. Leader of House Nedrayur. I have traveled here to aid assistance to Coranum, as much as possible. Bring, peace. This is the Isthus battleship, Aimatochysía." he said in his deep and stern voice.

Like her brother, Orielle's stance had changed as soon as she stepped foot in the room. Communication with other ships always put unease into her heart. She knew of the strife against Isthus, more so Suvos Mactan. Not everyone preferred a carefree way of life like herself. More than once there had been a battle in the sky at the least convenient time.

Lifting up a silent prayer, Orielle stepped beside Uiron.

"I, Orielle Nedrayur, also send greeting and peace to you, members of God Hammer." she said simply, before shooting a look towards Uiron, one that only he could decipher. Were they going to submit to the other ship's orders?

Uiron saw his sister's look and automatically thought to himself. I don't want us to cause any trouble. He awaited the God Hammer's reply as he thought of the telling of his sister's visions.

Something would happen, something that would cause mighty trouble. And would affect them all.

17. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

God's Hammer and the Aimatochysía

"Sir, we've received their ident tags. The ship departed Soyenus, one of the Isthus interior worlds. Their story checks out, diplomatic codes for House Nedrayur match the database," the comm officer told the captain.

"Alright, put them on the main viewer," The Captain ordered. "Greetings Lord Nedayur, I am Captain Bentus of the Principe Militum Naval Command," the Captain started. "I apologize for the tone of our meeting, but you understand our desire for caution when a warship enters the system."

Uiron looked at them as he signaled for his sister to sit this one out. She was important to him, but his was for him only.

Once she departed to the other side of the room, only he was visible.

"Greetings, Captain. The tone was completely understandable. You are in a time of grief, and you desire the most caution possible for your planet." he said in a calm but still deep voice. His dark eyes stared into the hologram of the captain as they talked.

"I appreciate your understanding," Captain Bentus said, nodding. "That said, caution is still the better part of valor. Your ship, regardless of your intentions, poses too great a threat to the security of the ring to be allowed landing. However, your diplomatic codes authorize you to land as an ambassador. A dropship, escorted to dock by us, is acceptable."

Uiron grew a frown at the mention of the inevitable. "I understand your reasoning. Though, how may we help anyone with only up to two people?" he asked with a stern voice. It showed that he was questioning the Captain's thinking, without being rude in any form.

"Not to be rude, Lord Nedayur, but the situation in the Imperium is under control. Aid has already been sent in for those injured in the attacks, and order has been restored. Any aid that you can provide, is appreciated. But that is not for me to decide on. I have my protocols, and as of right now, only the Seer Council can override those. If you have an issue, take it up with the Council," the captain replied with a tone of authority. Whoever this Isthus thought he was, or whatever his purpose was in coming here, he was still subject to the might of the Principe Militum and the Seer Council until another Emperor was chosen.

Uiron gave a angry scowl to the Captain and looked into his eyes deeply with his own dark ones. "We pardon me Captain, but if I trust my people more than I do you. And whatever so called order you have, will not last long. I can sense it, everything will be thrown out of order, more so than now. You have acquired trouble, you just cannot sense it yet. Though, I am certain that either way it goes the Seer Council would be glad to meet with a House Lord, on his terms. Yet, I will oblige by your requests just because I do not feel like creating more commotion, since I have arrived for peace. But, remember this. You may have authority, but hold your tongue, and watch your tone. I have more authority than you, have fought in a greater battle than you, have more wisdom than you, and am about six times your age!" he said with more build up in his tone than ever before. It was a stern, non-trembling voice. He then became silent for a short moment. "I will be landing my dropship shortly." he finished calmly. He immediately after turned off his video conference.

Captain Bentus blinked several times at the blank screen. "And yet you still have the temper of a teenager," he said loud enough for everyone on the bridge to hear, then chuckled. "Launch three Gunships to escort his dropship. Make sure they're fully armed and shielded. Let's show this 'dignitary' that the Imperium of Man does not bow before an entitled Isthus."

JessWrite and Kingtype like this.
  18. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

High Priestess Kalara

Kalara had gone back into the wreckage. The crowds outside were still growing, but even a spiritual leader could get tired - especially one as old as her. 1024 was an impressive age, even for an Isthus - and it was beginning to show. Not that she cared. After the first hundred years of life beauty is found in things other than vanity. The High Priestess took in her surroundings carefully - the rubble and cracked Durium looked like large pieces of shattered glass, glistening black in the intruding solar light. It was broken, but so still, so calm. She walked down the aisles of the chapel, debris crunching beneath her feet. It was exhilarating; the beauty of destruction. She took it all in with pleasure as she came to the altar.

Beyond the altar there was nothing left, for that was the location of the spire that had exploded. The Mactanist churches were constructed at the base of three spires - two at the front, one at the back - all arching upwards. At the center of the base, beyond the altar, was the Chamber of the Faith. Only seers and priests were allowed into the chamber - it was the ultimate connection with the faith. This too had been destroyed by the blast.

The sound of glass smashing came from somewhere behind her. Kalara removed her hood as she turned to face the disturbance. A girl sped towards her, adorned in black robes and practically threw herself at the Spirit Healer's feet. "Your holiness!"

Kalara's bodyguard, the Dureni, Tun, was already making her way over, hands on the jagged short swords at her waist.

"Stay, Tun!" Kalara ordered. The Dureni froze, obedient as a dog.

A smile spread across the High Priestess' face. It was elegant, yet devious, as she turned her attention back to the girl before her. She had dark hair and a pretty face, but Kalara saw something else behind those eyes. A great pain, a flash of anger, and a great fear. "Tell me child, what brings you before me so?" This girl would be the first of many, and many was exactly what she would need.

JessWrite likes this.
  19. Keitsumah

Aurora

The girl stopped, panting heavilly and leaning against a wall before looking up at the gates of House Douway. Not knowing why, a shiver ran all through her. This wasn't the Sorven Home. Why must she fear it?

Better to be safe than sorry. she realized. They might even be worse than her prison, but she had to get a message to the boy's mother -or at least someone who might help him. But when her eyes alighted on the gate she saw guards, and her heart faltered. No! She had to get inside!

Gritting her teeth and whispering a soft word, she turned transparent again. The frequent use of the spell was draining her rapidly, and she stumbled past the guards and through the open gate before reaching the doors. Grasping the handles and opening the door, she slipped inside.

"Oomph!"

She crashed into someone and slammed back into the door, shaking her head to clear it before she saw the Sanhedrin steadying himself a few feet away. The blood drained from her face as she realized that the spell had worn off, and her heart rose into her throat.

"M-my apologies, sir," she stammered, "I did not see you there."

JessWrite likes this.
  20. Fan7asticMrFox

Malief and Aurora

Malief had been making his way to his chambers when something bumped into him. In an instant his mind exploded with furious white light and he fell weakly to his knees. The pain was excruciating, burning like wildfire through his skull and his fingers clawed at his head desperate to find sweet relief. He bent upwards on his knees, eyes wide and facing the ceiling. But all he could see was tidal waves of crimson crashing against the dark recesses of his mind. He was drowning in it. Gagging. Choking. No breath would come and his body lurched forward with convulsion. His hands caught the floor just in time and only then as he shivered and wilted, did a shallow gasp slip out.

“M-my apologies, sir… I did not see you there.”

“Who…who are you?” He croaked. The shaken white eyes slowly glanced from the floor to see a woman… no wait… a girl. Her clothes were greyed and ragged but her hair sparkled like an ocean, clear and pure. The touching embrace of the Flow rested over her and he could see its invisible ripples floating from her skin. Perhaps she would understand me through our thoughts, Malief pondered.

Do you speak… through the flow?” Spoken words did not break the silence. But in her mind Aurora heard him.

JessWrite likes this.
  21. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Evumeimei Dingzai

When the Dureni guard began stalking towards Evumeimei, she looked up at him with her cold, jet-black eyes, like the eyes of a shark. But the High Priestess halted the guard with a phrase before Evvy had a chance to disarm him.

"Tell me child, what brings you before me so?"

Evvy peeled her eyes away from the guard and slowly her stony expression softened as the cold anger drained away.

"High Priestess, I am Evumeimei Dingzai, daughter of no one," Evvy said, her eyes full of humility and awe as she gazed up at the Priestess. "I want to pledge my life to you, to help protect and aid you in whatever way I can. Someone destroyed the temple, that much I know, but I want to help strike back at whatever foe would dare desecrate such a holy place." She bowed once again. "If you would have me, I would give you my undying loyalty. I would offer up my soul for you to take..." Her voice was hushed, reverent. She meant every word she said.

Then Evvy glanced up at the Dureni guard, the one Kalara had called 'Tun'.

"I would best this one in battle if it would please you, Your Holiness," she said in a flat, ice-cold voice. The dangerous hum of bees vibrated behind her words, so quiet that it could barely be heard by the human ear.

JessWrite likes this.
  22. Keitsumah

Aurora

She nodded, then flinched as the last bit of the flow she had been using to make her invisible snapped and faded away.

"My apologies again; I'm looking for a young boy's mother -he's been snatched away by the guards after helping me escape from Sorven. I can't let him just be taken away like that! Please, do you know anyone who might be able to help me?" Panic made her eyes grow wide and she tried to stand, but her legs trembled and gave out. Too little food for the last few days had left her weak enough as it was, but now with her having been drained by using the Flow so much, she was borderline comatose.

"Need to . . . find his family . . ." she gritted out, trying to stand again only to fall in a heap. Letting out an agonized sob, she curled up and imagined all of the horrible things that might be happening to the boy right now.

JessWrite likes this.
  23. Fan7asticMrFox

Malief and Aurora

Escaped from Sorven? Perhaps his luck was changing. Malief shouted for the guards. “You two, carry her to the master guest bedroom…” His voice was not soft, no flow washing through his words with silk, only stern orders. “…have a couple of the handmaidens bathe her and brush her hair and prepare a bed with the finest linens. And tell that oversized chef, Hansen, to wake and prepare a midnight feast. This poor girl is wasting away; let her have whatever she wants! Feed her until her stomach bulges and she is as fat and as round as he is!”

Aurora lay there barely clinging to the realm of reality and so the Sanhedrin rested a gentle black hand on her head and spoke without words once more. “Do not worry sweet child… I am Lord Malief… and I will relay your message as soon as I can. Do not fear, little one…” Her eyelids fluttered dizzily, and he could not tell if his words broke through.

JessWrite likes this.
  24. Macaberz

Ajax

Ajax ignored Oliver's request for some girl or another, he was far too young to be concerned about girls, let alone get in fights for them. Quite an expensive child, Roselyn, thought Ajax. The tide of darkness went in and a deep blue hue began to cloud Ajax's vision. Grey specks ingrained in his sight, darting around as his eyes tried to focus. Ajax pinched against his goggles, his sight flickered before turning all shades of green. Even though his sight lacked color, he was able to see far and clearly. He strutted casually through the streets, he knew them well, well enough to pick a longer, but slightly less obvious route.

"What's it this time?" a Douway guard called from afar as Ajax approached the front-door of the embassy. When the guard noticed the limp, yet very much alive, body of Oliver hanging over Ajax's shoulder he rushed forward. "Is it urgent? Should I call Lady Roselyn?" he slurred. Ajax glanced at Oliver, he looked a bit feverish but, on closer inspection a soft, pur-like snorring emitted from the boy. "I'll put him to bed, you can tell her he's back" Ajax replied. The guard nodded and went on his way.

Ajax entered the hall, he could hear Malief's true, unhoneyed voice bark commands at the guards. Something about bulging stomachs and baths. His mind was forced to return to Oliver however when the boy let out a sickly moan. Ajax merely inclined his head in Malief's direction, acknowledging his existance, but nothing more. Malief would no doubt be trying to figure out what he was doing with a dazed Oliver slung over his shoulder. As long as it kept The Virus from sleeping at night, Ajax would be satisfied. He put Oliver down on his chestnut bed. He shut the windows of the boy's room, shutting the piercing howls of the wind out.

"Some water" begged Oliver. Ajax didn't hesitate and brought a cup of the reviving liquid immediately. He helped the boy sit upright and propped him up against his pillows. A blazing heat radiated from the boy's neck when his hand slid over it. He was about to brush the dried-up blood under Oliver's nose off when he reconsidered, perhaps his mother would spare him a lecture if Ajax left the boy more visibly injured.

"Thank you" breathed Oliver, a gentle smile curling the corner of his lips. "Can I do anything else to help?" Ajax inquired rather matter of factly, attempting to clear his expression. "The girl..." Oliver muttered, "the girl with the blue hair, look if she is here, she should be," said Oliver. Ajax inclined his head and went on his way, he passed the tidal fury incarnate of Roselyn storming towards Oliver's chambers.

JessWrite likes this.
  25. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Uiron looked away from the the holographic projector. He had no sense of anger coming off his body or even his motion. He just did not appreciate being looked down on, his authority should never be questioned. Though, seeing as he was here for peace and not war he decided not to start something.

He pondered for a second. He thought over why they would deny all the help they could get. The Imperials were always greedy, even if they had things under control, they were sure to mooch off of something. It seemed like the Imperial Forces were planning something. Either way, Uiron didn't like it. He was sure something questionable was happening. What it was is unable to be determined. The look on his face was a scowl, he hated treason from nations. His dark eyes even seemed to show emotion.

He looked down at Surmarack. He knew something down there was getting intense, but not being as intertwined with the Flow as his sister, he had no details or clue to what it was.

He turned, his cape flowing into the air, then flowing into place again, by his feet. He looked over to Glasson. "It seems we departed the ship for no reason. They give off the impression they do not desire our help. But, I intend to figure out what is unfolding down there. I will be making course for the planet, and my sister will join me." he said glance towards Orielle.

He began to walk towards his sister and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Once we meet them, watch them at all times. If a single one makes a move out of the ordinary, tap me twice. I will make sure we are close. Once I get the warnings, I will prepare myself, and watch my surroundings more carefully. I will not have any treason happening, as long as I am here. I will keep the peace. First, we must visit the Suvos Mactan temples. See if we can get any insight on your visions from their history." he said demandingly as if she was his body guard more than his sister.

He slowly walked off through the doors off the room, leaving the Captain's Quarters. "Prepare our dropship!" he yelled back sternly to Glasson.

JessWrite likes this.