The Life Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Night Haunter, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baywriter

Baywriter Contributor Contributor

Ah, okay. I was about to say... You need to meet my family.

2. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

i would never say my family was the worst because even if they were i would always find ppl that i believe had it even worse tahn me even if they say that they didnt. im extroverted and i care alot about ppl and i am protective because i never had anyone to protect me. it gets annoying at times but ppl need to just accept me for who i am. i am not clinically depressed i just need a day every once ina while to vent, most of the time i amnot bothered by anything, and certain ppl all it takes is to hear their voice and i am ecstatic. we al need a day to vent everyonce in a while, and it keeps me frrom doing other things to feel better like drinking

3. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

Drinking only works if you can control the drink but i would advise against it.

You certainly have reason for depression. I too have had it hard. My sister and I are very close but my other two brothers and I do not get along. My youngest can do no wrong in my families eyes. My sister sees this and maybe thats why we are close but we are all so very different I wish sometimes i had her guts.

I had to move back home because i lost my job company went bust and I couldn't pay my rent so im back at home with my family and younger brothers and now we are at each others throats. I need another job so i can move out but its very hard getting work at the moment.

And i really hate been near my brothers they are yobs and bring trouble home but the family apart from my sister just wont see it.

4. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, me and my oldest younger brother dont get along at all, he and i went through the same thing with my dad, though i made sure that i protected him as much as possible so his time with our father was much better, especially towards the end when my father proceeded to disown me and give my bro sean w/e he wanted. here at my moms its much better but none of my siblings ever get into trouble for anything they do yet if i so much as sneeze wrong i swear my mom is on my bak about it. she also expects the house to b clean with 5 kids in the house so its impossible though she wont accept it cuz she is a neat freak.

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

That would be frustrating!

6. dushechka

dushechka New Member

*wants to say something but knows she shouldn't because it'll be considered rude*

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

lol. Alcahol is a depressant. I'm not sure of the correct spelling though! But I don't like to associate with alcaholics anymore because of my previous partner. I don't mind the odd drink everynow and then and told my boyfriend that I don't mind him drinking a beer or so but if he continued drinking I would tell him to call me when he got help.

8. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

dont worry about it, just say it, as long as u r saying something about me it is fine, though u wil have to ask other ppl to talk about them lol dont worry u couldnt insult me, takes alot lol.

and i am no alcoholic, as it is i havent been to a good party in months, all ive had is a lil red wone recently and i wish i had more. if i were 21 i would get it myself

9. Raven

Raven Banned

Hmmm red Wine a great drink especially the vintage kind.

10. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

yes, definitely :D one of my favorites, good for many occassions

11. dushechka

dushechka New Member

I just meant.. See.. this is me thinking out loud-
    I see people who are depressed, angry at the world, and most of the time it's about really stupid stuff. Maybe it's a girl, they're arguing with someone, they didn't get that raise they wanted. And I sit there.. and I can't stop thinking "You're alive! What else do you want?! There's a war on! And you're in your comfy little chair complaining!"
    I just.. We've lived through so much, we've seen so many wars, so many billions of people killed.. and all we think about is ourselves, and how bad our life is.
    Granted, I do it too.. but sometimes.. it just really gets to me.

12. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

First a man takes a drink
    Then the drink takes a drink
    Finally the drink takes the man

13. Baywriter

Agreed with Cogito. I've had personal experience with addiction. I wasn't an alcoholic, but I had severe drug problems. Be careful. Some of the worst mistakes I've made were made when I was drunk or high. Actually, the best advice I can give is to steer clear of ALL alcohol and drugs, especially if you're underage. Not to be a hypocrite, of course.

14. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

i am an very occassional drinking. if i am addicted to anything it would b love and reading

15. Baywriter

Well, you shouldn't do it at all if you're underage.

16. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, we all do things we shouldnt do, ya know. plus the way i c it its better i drink than do drugs, though niether is good per say, i will never do drugs and never have.

17. Baywriter

Well, yeah. I'm living proof. Even still, drinking can lead to bad things. And it's good that you'll never do drugs. I don't recommend it. Ruined my life. Killed my best friend.

18. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

omg, im so sry :(

19. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Oh oh.. something weird happened...
    I had a music theory class yesterday, and I was asked by the head of the music school if I'd like to start teaching in September. o.0 The really really great thing about this is, it would pay for my piano lessons, so it'd even out.
    My teacher will even take the teacher courses with me.
    So yes.. much to think about.. But you know what, I think I'll do it.. You only get this chance so many times.

20. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Congratulations! What a marvellous opportunity!

21. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Thanks!
    It's crazy to think about.

I'm still in disbelief. : )

22. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

yes, congrats!!!!

23. LikeLightToTheFlies

LikeLightToTheFlies New Member

About 3000 miles from where I want to be.
    Okay, we(my girlfriend and me) have a bit of a problem. I want to get people's opinion on it.

See, as a few of you probably know, I live in Nevada. My girlfriend lives in Florida(we met over the Net).

Well, we are deeply in love with eachother. But, we've never met yet, and the only times I think we will meet in the next 2 years is when I hopefully go to California this Christmas while she's down there for the Rose Bowl. After that, my family's gonna fly her down here so we can go to my Junior Prom together. The next time we'll see eachother after that is, at the latest, when I fly down there for her Senior Prom.

My problem is obvious: We won't get to see eachother often. I mean, even when I talk to her on the phone, I'm missing her terribly because I've not only never met her, but we won't get to see eachother too often until I turn 18 and we finally move in together somewhere. Does anyone have any solution to cure our "lonliness"? I don't want to live my life with anyone else, nay, I don't want to live for anyone else but her. But I fear that our relationship can't work because of the distance between us. Everyone says it won't work, but we have faith it will. But I'm just not sure we'll be able to make it two years without one of us ending up cheating on the other.

Please. Does anyone have a potential solution?

24. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, honestly, longterm relationships are hard, but not impossible. every relationship i have been in hasnt exactly been long term, but due to not being allowed to date i barely ever saw or spoke to any of my gf's. idk how really to solve ur problem, other tahn talking to them everyday as often as possible. And i dont think either of you would end up cheating cuz u said u were deeply in love with eachother, and if that is so then love can conquer all and survive ast distances. now, idk if that was any help to u, but i hopefully aided you in some way. if anything, i understand how u feel, and i feel sry for u, but i do believe taht u 2 will b able to do it, 2 years does seem to fly fast when u think about it, it just never seems like it

25. Baywriter

That is not going to happen. I've told you that a million times. I love you too much. And if YOU cheat on ME, then I will have to personally kick your ass. xD (Kidding.) But I don't know what I would do. But I have faith in you. You're the most honest and loyal man I've ever known.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.