The Life Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Night Haunter, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

See likelighttotheflies, i dont think u really have anything to worry about. yes, the two of ur r a long ways away, but u have eachother still, and u both r still loving eachother, that is all that matters. i am happy for the two of u and wish u the best

2. LikeLightToTheFlies

LikeLightToTheFlies New Member

About 3000 miles from where I want to be.
    Thanks.

And I apologize. I was just a little...lonely. But, I think I'm a little better now. So, no worries. At least not now anyways. xD

3. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

it was no problem, i may b a depressed peson but i always try to help others, and in this case i could relate

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

LikeLightToTheFlies I know how hard it can be to be honest. Me and my new partner/boyfriend whatever they call them these days (i'm so out of touch with the whole title thing) lives on the opposite side of Australia to me.
    He came over last week and hence my lack of activity on the forum. I too met him on the net and we only began in an official relationship after he went back (yeah I don't get that part either but still).

It is really hard to know what to do in those situations, but they can work out really well if you are both prepared to work at it. It is easier for me I and my partner/boyfriend as he is 24 and I am 23, but I also have 2 kids and he has a daughter so it makes it hard for either of us to move really.

But I think in your situation if you just bide your time and be patient then it will work out. I know neither of you want to hear this part but I am going to say it anyways. Sometimes these types of relationships don't work as one or the other may meet someone they really get on with well that is closer to them. If this ever happens all you can do is wish the other well and be glad that the other is happy.

Though I think that you two are very comitted to seeing this relationship work and I do wish you both all the best.

5. Torana

Communication is the best key to any successful relationship and if the two of you can communicate with each other than you have the basis for a very sturdy relationship. Never lie to each other and be honest always.
    Some say that relationships like this can be excellent as you talk alot more than you would if you were close by, so yeah just enjoy it and open up to each other as much as possible and you should be fine hey.

6. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Completely off topic and everything but..-
    Exam in eight hours! AH!!
    *big deal to me, as I've only previously done ONE exam my entire life*

7. Torana

Oh well good luck with your exam then. They are a breeze really. I always enjoyed them to be honest. I work well under pressure.

I am sure you will do fine though.

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Good luck on the exam, dushechka! You'll do fine, I'm sure.

9. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

good luck

10. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

yes i too would like to wish you the best of good luck.

11. Bick

Bick New Member

Good luck! -big hugs-

I've been getting myself all nervous for this new school. I've met the two supervisors and then one teacher. They seem pretty cool, but I'm more nervous about the students. This school is for those that have messed up in school, and are behind or they just have learning problems. I have this feeling that I'm going to fail. What if I find out I really am that stupid when I take those tests to see what level I'm on??!! Rofl. The idea of that almost puts me in tears.

I think it's just the newness that makes me nervous.

12. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Exam went really well! I'll know if I passed in six weeks.

Thanks for the good wishes. : )

13. Cogito

I knew you would do well :)

14. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

great!!! i bet u aced it :D

15. Baywriter

Baywriter Contributor Contributor

ERGH! This day has sucked! Sucked, sucked, sucked! And just when I thought it couldn't suck anymore, it did! But I guess that's how life works, isn't it? So here's the scenario:

My mother got her heart broken AGAIN today. She was supposed to marry this guy, who would've been my third father, and then what does he do? He tells her he can't because it would break up his family. Blah, blah, blah. Even though he promised her that this time he wouldn't change his mind. He's already done this a few times. Then you have my ex-stepfather who always gives her crap, trying to make her feel bad for leaving him, even though he was a freakin' jerk off.

Anyway, I had to deal with my mother coming home and being depressed, ignoring her daughters because what is she supposed to do? She's falling apart thanks to that idiot and she doesn't have time to think about us. And my little sister and I can't do anything except live with her depression and hope it gets better, meanwhile getting depressed ourselves. I'd like to have someone to turn to, but my sister screams and cusses me out any chance she gets, my best friend (girl) just moved to Oklahoma, my boyfriend lives in Nevada, and my very best friend is--oh, that's right--dead. And, this is rich, it will have been one year since his death on Saturday, yet another thing I will have to deal with alone.

Anyway, the day gets better when my older sister and brother, who are in Atlanta trying out for American Idol, get into a huge fight over what? My brother's ex-fiance. It was so utterly stupid. Then my sister, of course, starts being overly dramatic as always. She leaves the hotel room and gets herself lost. She doesn't know where she is, my brother doesn't want to find her because he's so miffed, and my mother has to try and persuade my sister over the phone to go back to the hotel room.

My sister was all, "I can't, I can't! Everyone yells at me! I can't handle it! It's too hard!" Ha! Well, if she had kept her big mouth shut, then none of this would've happen in the first place! Do I have sympathy for her? No. She's got pretty damn good next to me, not that she would care. She doesn't even speak to me. That's when my mother starts screaming at everyone because she's so upset. Atlanta is a dangerous city and her precious daughter is lost.

I just ran back to my room. I honestly don't even know how it turned out. *sighs* I do hope she found her way back to the hotel room, though. Now, I'm online, and I just got an absolutely lovely PM. And when I say lovely, I'm being sarcastic.

16. LikeLightToTheFlies

LikeLightToTheFlies New Member

About 3000 miles from where I want to be.
    Oh, Bayleigh.

I'm so sorry. I feel so absolutely helpless. It's one thing to be able to comfort you over the phone, but another to see you write out all the day's events and show me just how bad it really is.

I feel so useless. Cause not a damn thing I can do can help. Don't say it does, because it doesn't. I might be able to help with the pain for a moment, but then something else happens, and once again I feel useless, while offering words that probably don't help.

*Sighs* I am, without a doubt, a terrible boyfriend. You deserve someone much better. Someone who can actually help you.

I think...it's time I stepped down, and let someone else. You say you can't find anyone else, but I know you can. I know you can find someone who'll make you happier than I can, cause I know that no matter what I say to you, you're always gonna be miserable because I'm not there to be with you.

I think it's time for me to step down, and for you to find someone who can do what I can't.

17. Frost

Frost Active Member

Baywriter

We are only truly alone, when we chose it.
    Talk to a pastor, or a councillor, or anyone who will listen.

18. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Frost is right.

19. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I hope you felt really good after venting Bay. poor thing, I think you need a hug! And chocolate.. and icecream..

I'm so sorry that you feel alone. It's frustrating and it sucks big time and it's horrible that you have to go through this.We are all here for you if youneed to vent or talk.

*hugz*
    ~Doz

20. Cogito

Hello Bayleigh,

That does indeed sound like a truly awful weekend, and I offer my sympathies. More important, perhaps, just the fact that I, and others here, are listening.

It sounds like you're trying to carry everyone's lives on your shoulders, or feel you're being compelled to do so. They have to sort things out for themselves, they can't unload it all on you. And you can't carry it all for them, no matter how much you feel for them.

Anniversaries like the one coming up are difficult. Tru to focus not on what you have lost, but on the things that made this friend special. Celebrate the friend's life with fond memories. They will still make you sad, but that mourning is necessary and normal.

If you have received a PM that you consider inappropriate or hostile, please report it to the moderators, and whatever action that may be necessary will be taken.

21. Baywriter

Baywriter Contributor Contributor

Seriously, you better not. I don't know what I would do. I will talk to you about this more on the phone.

22. Raven

Raven Banned

Its good to know you have friends you can talk to over this.

23. Torana

Oh my goodness it sounds like you have been through one hell of a weekend, I am so sorry that things have been so hard for you at the moment and I truely hope that they get easier for you.

Life can throw some extremely hard obsticles in our way but to have somewhere or someone to talk to about it can really help. LikeFliesToTheLight it sounds like she really needs you right now and that you are the only one that she can really talk to about it.
    Be there for her.

And remember you have everyone here on the forum to talk to if you need to. We are all here to help anyway we can. :)

I hope things get a little easier and hope that you found releasing all of this to have slightly helped you out.

Torana

24. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

i cant really add, they are all rite

25. Raven

Raven Banned

Indeed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.