The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

I bet you are going to see Magic Mike XXL this weekend aren't you?

2. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

I hope you're not implying there would be something wrong with that? :whistle:

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hopefully no one seriously wants to debate you on this, and this is the wrong thread if they did, but I'd like to ask the obvious question that comes to my mind:
    If a person belonged to a church or non-Christian religion that accepts homosexuality as natural, are you saying they don't have the right to have their church officiator marry them?

For example in my state, "Regularly licensed or ordained ministers or any priest of any church or religious denomination anywhere within the state may perform marriages." Humanists and Universal Life Churches exist in our state.

Hubardo likes this.
  4. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith Banned Contributor

Got a second degree burn on my fingertip. Shit hurts.

5. Lewdog

They could officiate a civil unionship, not marriage. That's just my opinion.

This new law brought something to my mind. In states that have common law marriages once two people have been living together for a long time, would that mean room mates of the same sex would be considered a common law partnership? Take for example @minstrel 's situation. Would him and his roommate be considered a couple after so many years?

6. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

No. The thing about common law marriages is that the couple has to consent. I could live with a woman for twenty years, have sex with her for 21, purchase a car and a home together, and if we never said we were married, we wouldn't be married.

And before you ask, if she said we were married, she would have to provide proof that I had said so as well.

7. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Let's move onto other things -- or take this to the debate room, mmkay?

Hubardo likes this.
  8. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributor Contributor

Obama's plan to limit emissions from power plants was knocked down by the Supreme Court today. Facepalm.

9. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

D'uh! We moved to the debate room hours ago. ;)

10. KaTrian

Yay!

Actually, I'm not sure if that should've been in quotation marks 'cause, you know, debate room debates... :bigconfused:

11. sashawrites

sashawrites Member

even better, we're having the end it talk tonight but I can guarantee I'll crawl back because I'm an idiot.

12. DiscoMacaque

DiscoMacaque Member

Sorry to hear that @sashawrites. How are you feeling? Is there any research taking place at the moment about your diagnosis? Do they have treatments you can look into? And what will it take to make you feel okay about opening up to the person you're seeing?

13. DiscoMacaque

DiscoMacaque Member

Sorry @sashawrites, for some reason the forum truncated like, most of the recent posts so I missed your updates after the first. Hope you're feeling okay.

14. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Gotta say, loving your username.

15. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

Y'know, never mind.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  16. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Caught the tail end of Aunt Mame with Rosalind Russell, which I've always enjoyed. Noticed that the 1974 musical film adaptation starring Lucille Ball was coming on right after, and since I hadn't seen it I was like "cool, I'll check this out." So far, it sucks. And now I'm irritated that they ever made another version :)

17. sashawrites

sashawrites Member

I'm feeling alright, just kind of numb really to everything. Not like blood tests or anything but it appears they've diagnosed me with an eating disorder along with depression and anxiety (depression causes the eating disorder). I'm current on prozac after being switched from zoloft and anxiety meds. And apparently alcohol, I told him and we're gonna have a huge chat tonight. I won't be able to afford my next lot of meds though :( Meds or gym and I'd rather have the gym.

18. Albirich

Albirich Active Member

During workout I began thinking about my book as I do like 24/7...an interesting conversation or thought or debate or whatever popped up in my head and it was completely epic. Thought I wrote it down on my phone asap but I didn't, now the thought has slipped my mind completely, and I can't even remember which subject it was about. I will never remember...but I feel like it was a major plothole that I fixed, or something that really created more depth to the big story itself...COME ON BRAIN, GIMME GIMME GIMME THE DAMNED IDEA :confused: Forgetting is the one of the worst feelings in the world.

19. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

Oh man I hate that feeling! And the more you think of it, the more it slips away. I hope you'll remember eventually!

20. KaTrian

I sympathize with you. That totally sucks. :( I've had both, but I also recovered from both, so I hope things will turn out well for you too. You can't skimp on the meds, though, 'cause if you've already been taking them, you usually can't go cold turkey without getting all kinds of fucked up.

I got over the eating disorder after I realized I want to be strong. Physically and mentally, but especially physically. To be strong, you gotta eat. To be strong, you don't have to look like you're skin and bones. To be strong means what society thinks you should look like or what your head tells you to look like doesn't matter. And to be strong, to me, means I can do things I love doing, that I can do pull-ups and push-ups, that I can run fast and long, that I can defend myself if I get attacked. I couldn't do that shit when I weighed 90lbs (and I'm 5'7'' so that was a way too low weight for me). I'm still small, but I'm functional and healthy. Also, obsessing over every morself of food wasn't a part of my definition of strong, so that behavior had to be tackled and rear-naked choked to death, too. What worked for me might not work for you, but it doesn't mean there wouldn't be a way out for you. Hang tough. Hugs! :friend:

minstrel, Lewdog and DiscoMacaque like this.
  21. sashawrites

sashawrites Member

yeah I know that I want strength over anything but my symptoms strongly lean towards orthorexia and binge eating disorder though my nurse has acknowledged I have symptoms of anorexia and bulimia too. I'm in therapy and like trying to sort it out but definitely what is helping me the most at the moment is lifting and a high protein diet, though binging is still at the forefront of my mind. I can do it, I know I can. It's been a rough few months which has put me back at square one but I'll be fine :) thank you so much for your reply it means a lot to me!

KaTrian likes this.
  22. DiscoMacaque

DiscoMacaque Member

I miss having pen pals. :ghost:

23. Lewdog

Man when I've felt real sick before like with a sour stomach, I've tried to make myself throw up by sticking two fingers down my throat but I could never do it. I must have tried for a good 45 minutes. All it did was make my nose run and eyes water. It was horrible, I don't see how people do it.

24. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I'll be your penpal! PM me your address. I've been on a mission to bring back postcards as the new retro trend.

DiscoMacaque likes this.
  25. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

She's not joking. This girl is all about postcards!

The Freshmaker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.