The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Have you seen American History X?

If not you should. And next time you see her start singing this:

It will definitely piss em off. :p

Lifeline, TheDankTank and Oscar Leigh like this.
  2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Did you figure WHY? That sounds completely unprovoked? Does she even know you? This needs more context.

TheDankTank likes this.
  3. TheDankTank

TheDankTank Member

I for sure do not know her and I don't think she knows me, because if she did then she wouldn't have accused me of being a hero of the Aryan race being a Nazi. So yeah, unless somebody has been spreading lies it was totally unprovoked.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  4. TheDankTank

TheDankTank Member

I'll commit the words to memory, thanks for the advice!

5. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Not for no reason, but decades ago my buddy and I were in San Francisco, one of the interesting districts, but I don't remember which.

Both of us blond, him very so.
    Both of us with very short haircuts.
    And tight-ish t-shirts
    And jeans
    And combat boots.

We rounded a corner and an older woman stared at us, and then blurted out "Skinheads!", to which we replied "No, ma'am, Marines."

I don't know if that answer made her happier or not.

6. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Wow. I seem to have completely missed the humour in that song...

7. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

What, seriously? How do you even respond to that...

Kinda racist to judge you based on your skin color alone. You sure you weren't wearing a Hitler t-shirt?´Every white person should have received it by now with the membership card and badge.

Not-so-fun fact: my hubby who'd look white to Americans was bullied to the ground in school because of his ethnicity. Your fellow student's green dye must have seeped into her brain if she thinks things are that black and white, no pun intended.

TheDankTank and Oscar Leigh like this.
  8. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

If you really are a Nazi, you're the worst Nazi ever. You don't hate minorities!! How could you?!

:p

Yeah, all groups have their idiots. Liberals, conservatives... they all have idiots. I'm a liberal, but I don't think you're a Nazi. :D

But yeah, next time you see her, throw her the salute, scream, "HEIL HITLER!!" and goosestep while chanting "NEIN, DAS BOOT!" over and over. She'll think you're screaming something hateful.

TheDankTank and Oscar Leigh like this.
  9. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

'Covfefe' was mildly amusing for about a minute and now I want to eye roll every time I see it. Which is once every two fucking minutes at the moment. Damn internet.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  10. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

What I don't get is what he actually meant ? and why he doesn't have autocorrect

11. Tenderiser

'Coverage'. Sometimes my autocorrect doesn't kick in, or if I spell a word *really* wrong (well, if my fingers land on the wrong keys) it doesn't have suggestions to correct it to.

Or, you know, he's a moron.

12. Cave Troll

That is because it is not a funny song. It was never meant to be.
    Nor do I agree with the lyrics, and what they are about.

What Morgan Freeman said about racism I do agree with.

And for my opinions of the esteemed movements going nuts right now
    check out these channels. Interesting times we live in.

Undoomed :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTrecbx23AAYdmFHDkci0aQ

Suit Yourself :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMc7w9VO8VKsEc98q_kndMA

13. Tenderiser

I'm working late because certain people think deadlines are deadliquids that expand to fill all available time.

Catrin Lewis likes this.
  14. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

I take it you're on salary? Over here in the States, it's illegal for hourly wage workers to labor off the clock for no pay. Employers can get in a heap of trouble for allowing or requiring it, and if convicted they have to make up all the back pay, plus fines. Problem is, a lot of workers don't know they can and should stand up against it.

15. Tenderiser

Oh yeah, I'm on a salary. It's the kind of job where late nights are sometimes inevitable (external deadlines we have no control over) so it's a give or take thing - sometimes I stay late, but if I need to go early or come in late because of a doctor's appt or something, that's okay. If I were on a wage I'd be demanding overtime!

This is just galling because the client gave a very reasonable deadline and it's internal fuck ups that have caused it. And I have to sit here twiddling my thumbs (surfing the net...) until they fix up.

16. NoGoodNobu

NoGoodNobu Contributor Contributor

So after my sister coming in & out of the emergency room from the mauling, her health insurance keeps disappearing and re-appearing when we try to get her medication which is great because her standard medication is just shy of a grand & is what keeps her alive

But hey, disabled people are probably faking their disabilities, am I right?

Thank God the government had the wherewithal to send a psychiatrist instead of a neorologist or medical doctor to test her on whether she qualifies as disabled. We learnt that she is psychologically fine and thus no longer disabled, despite her ongoing epilepsy from absentee to grand maul seizures. But hey, psychiatrist says he isn't qualified to know if she's epileptic, so he just has to judge her disability by her psychological state. Therefore, not disabled.

We couldn't pull one over you, you clever social security office & health insurance.

And my uncle just collapsed yesterday boating, and couldn't be revived for 15 minutes and apparently had 11 minutes of no oxygen to his brain. He's being kept under in the hospital, but they suspect brain damage.

So the nightmare of last week is continuing on into this week.

All fun things.

Edit: oh, and I almost saw my sister's service dog die yesterday when she decided to jump a gap in the road at the cliff—she fell, but luckily caught her front paws on the road & pulled herself up so no full plummet to her death.

It gave my sister & mom a figurative heart attack, but they sighed relief immediately.

I on the other hand couldn't stop myself from crying, because that was literally where I saw one of our animals die several months ago.

I just realized I might be traumatized by that death because the dog almost falling set me off, and I couldn't stop seeing the earlier death replay on a haunting loop for ten minutes in my head.

No one else got why I was crying, but no one else was there for the last death. I was the only one there when it happened.

I live on a ranch, so animals have died before. I mean, a mountain lion killed my rotterweiler, Peking duck, and half our goat herd.

But I never actually saw the attacks or deaths themselves, just the aftermath or void left behind.

I didn't realize I was such a baby.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  17. BayView

The video was labelled as a Funny Racist Song.

18. Cave Troll

And we should trust all labels, hmm?

19. BayView

We sure as hell shouldn't trust that one.

Cave Troll likes this.
  20. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

You might want to rethink the way this post is worded. For a person that hasn't read any of your other posts... it comes across in a negative way. I'm not going to start a debate here, because this section of the forum isn't a place for it, but when you put being a Nazi is essentially being a hero to the Aryan race, it doesn't make me feel sympathetic to your incident.

TheDankTank likes this.
  21. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

It would be nice if my mother-in-law, who borrows our car almost every week, returned it once in a while with a full tank, or had it washed, or maybe pitched in when shit needs to be repaired. She's probably driven it more this year than me or the hubby. She's always talking about buying a small car of her own, but that's been just talk for years now, and I have a feeling she'll buy it after retirement -- when she no longer needs a car to drive to work anyway! She's also one of those people who'll leave the car outside with the key in the ignition without a worry in the world.

I also wish she hadn't brought us tomatoes and chili peppers. I don't do plants. They'll die. I've told her I'm gonna kill them, but she's like no no, these will be like your babies, you'll look after them. Now I feel like a baby killer.

I mean, I love her, she's wonderful, the best mother-in-law a girl could hope for, but sometimes I wish we didn't live in the same city. :bigmeh:

Lifeline likes this.
  22. Tenderiser

I was kidnapped by mime artists.

They did unspeakable things to me.

23. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Can't you ask her or something? In my opinion, it's a reasonable request. Or just let the car get out of fuel and tell her that 'yes, you'd let her borrow it, of course, but unfortunately it's out of fuel' hint hint...

KaTrian likes this.
  24. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

That's more or less what happened to my father. Let me hug you. Nothing else to be done.

NoGoodNobu likes this.
  25. TheDankTank

TheDankTank Member

That was intended to be a joke (hence the crossed out typing) because I'm not a nazi but they thought I was, but in retrospect and without context I can see how one might come to that conclusion.

Lewdog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.