The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

That's what you get for picking a snowball fight with Roger Clemens. Was the Incredible Hulk not available?

;)

2. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Today I'm really missing my kids from Honduras. They're all I've thought about since I woke up this morning.

3. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

Birthday tomorrow and I'm feeling sick. :(

1 person likes this.
  4. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

*Sends some Hylian Red Healing Potion your way*

5. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Ahhhhhh!

I feel like it's common knowledge that if you use a paintbrush, you need to RINSE it afterward, but apparently not. I just came out to work on some of the stuff I'm making for Christmas, and there were THREE of my new paintbrushes that Joel used last night, all dry and crusty and paint-y. Thanks, Joel. Thanks a lot. :(

He left the paint open last night, too. WTF?

6. Link the Writer

Well, hubbies can be absent-minded professors. I don't think he seriously intended for that to happen.

7. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Aw, but it was an accident. :) Funny, though. I think soaking them in Dawn dish soap might help. I sometimes don't rinse my brushes as much as I should. Dawn cleans them up nicely ;)

8. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

I hate this essay. Well, I like what I'm writing about it's just taking me forever to do it. The deadline is tomorrow and even after I've written the essay, I have to figure out the referencing. Arghh! Why do I always end up doing things at the last minute? It's so frustrating.

9. hiddennovelist

I have them soaking, so hopefully they'll be ok. Honestly, it's not so much that he left the paintbrushes that bugs me as it is the reason behind it. It isn't because he's absent minded, it's because, truthfully, dude's super lazy about cleaning. For instance, he made dinner like two nights ago, and all the dirty dishes, all the crumbs, the whole cooking mess is still spread all over the kitchen. Usually I go in and clean it up because it grosses me out, by I'm waiting to see how long it takes him... ;)

Good luck! When I was in school, I did the same thing. Every time, I told myself "next time, I'm finishing this early," but I never did...

10. Eunoia

Me too. I'd make a terrible housewife. :p

Haha, same. First draft - terrible and I know I need to add a load to it and I'm going to go over the word count but still - is done, so going to take a break and start on the second draft in a bit. Might be an all nighter, but ah well, I'm used to them by now.

1 person likes this.
  11. Tessie

I'm not happy because my sis isn't happy. The poor thing's had a hard day at work. I'm going to go pick her up soon. I'll probably buy her a mess of chocolates on the way home to make her feel better. :(

Anybody got some suggestions?

12. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

Sad to here that, we need the Tgals to always to be happy. I like the Godiva chocolate because of the nuttiness, but a hug should also help, give her one for me. :)

13. Tessie

Aw, that's sweet. Will do. :) I think chocolate is the way to go. Godiva is her favorite, that and any other Hershey brand.

14. Eunoia

Aww, tell her cheer up soon from me! :)

Chocolate is a good idea. I'm trying to think of another suggestion.. does she like cuddly toys? You could get her a cute teddy bear or something. :p

1 person likes this.
  15. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Too many essays, too much other work, too much reading, too many issues...and not one scrap of time...

16. hiddennovelist

Haha your sister and I seem to be leading eerily similar lives these past couple days.

Make her a breakfast burrito!

17. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

It's minus stupid out there, and you're expecting me to suit up, battle through a couple of feet of snow and then perform a cross examination?

The suit up bit is not happening.

18. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

See, this is why I don't read the Times:

"...students actions were not far from terrorism, which cannot be pandered to."

I mean, aside from the fact that it's owned and run by a man who makes Emperor Palpatine look benevolent.

19. Dante Dases

Murdoch's a fascist little bastard though. Can't expect him to have his papers doing anything other than spouting poison.

20. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

my mother and father in-law are leaving in the morning. The kids don't know yet, I don't want to see them upset for long. Poor baby Tobin is going to be lost without them around, he loves his grandparents so much, especially his Nana. He threw tantrums everytime she left them house without him, and it will just be very sad to see them both leave. I love them to pieces and love their company. :(

21. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

True, but the problem really is the sheer amount of the media that he controls. It's ridiculous, the Guardian, Independent and the BBC are going to be left as the only independent media in Britain, and the bloody cheek is that they're attacked for being biased.

I really do despair of the press in this country sometimes. I've just sent a letter to the Times having a go at some idiot blaming the BBC for the world cup decision. What do you reckon the odds are that they'll print it?

22. Dante Dases

A million to one.

I agree that it's worrying. One man has the ability to change the way millions think, both here and across the Atlantic with his control of Fox News. He has far too much power; governments could, theoretically, rise and fall based on his output.

23. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I can only describe last night's attempt at sleep as a hot mess. It came in small pieces and crumbs like the potato chips left at the bottom of the bag. The dreams were terrible and kept waking me up with anguished feelings because they had awful themes. The first dream was a recurring dream I have a lot that I call the obstacle course. I'm trying to get somewhere (I never really know the goal) and the landscape around me becomes more and more difficult to get through to the point were I am passing through smalls holes in walls and under fences and around all kind of crazy things. Last night the dream ended with me on a beach, with my dog in my arms (she was still a puppy in this dream) and some people find me and I tell them to please tell my family that I am Ok and that LeeLee is also Ok. I was crying like a baby in that dream. Then later I dreamed that I was still in the Air Force and I get into this redonkulous argument with a visiting general. And then the last dream is me back in high school, only I'm the age I am now, and I'm trying to hide the fact from everyone so no one will figure out I don't belong there, only the girl I dated all through high school (IRL) knows and I'm afraid she's going to rat me out.

Just awful, infantile, dreams. :(

24. Link the Writer

That's terrible. =( I had a dream not too long ago that a golden retriever was dying in my backyard. I sat next to it, trying my damned best to help it, but it died anyway. Know what's worse? I did have a golden retriever six years ago that died.

25. darthjim

darthjim New Member

I've been working off a ladder all day. The temperature never got above freezing, there's ice everywhere and I spent all day waiting to fall to my intestine-spilling doom. And I had to wear thermals. THERMALS. Minus a kabillion cool points for me, I think.

Then my gym buddy pulled out on me for this evening, so I've got no one to spot me on my maximum sets.

To top it all off, Mrs Jim is in an evening meeting until late and won't be home until way past 10pm.

Today sucks like a things that sucks a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.