The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

Maybe he just liked the way your pink cheeks looked?

Thanks to everyone who sent well wishes... I need them.

2. Celia.

Celia. New Member

I want an iced coffee but i am too lazy to go and get one. sigh.

3. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

It's three a.m. and I just realized I have a powerpoint presentation due at eight. I haven't started it.

4. darthjim

darthjim New Member

Hot dang, it's cold this morning. When I went out to defrost the car at 7.30am, the thermometer read -11ºC.

MINUS FREAKIN' ELEVEN.

5. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

The BBC weather forecast says it's between -2ºC and 2ºC here. :p

Sorting out my theatre play idea is so frustrating and I haven't even started writing it yet.

Also, just read a news story about third of universities at risk from cuts, and my university is on the 'high potential impact' list. All these tuition fees and cuts and blah blah blah is depressing.

6. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

It is exactly -11 here as well. The last few winters have been unusually mild here, so I guess we were due for a cold one. I'm dreading all the shoveling though.

7. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Ugh, Gig. I'm sorry to hear that. You're doing Algebra 1, right? Not fun. I had the hardest time in the beginning, but after going online and searching through a few homework helps, it leveled out for me. I can say with confidence that Algebra is one of my best subjects. Keep at it! I know you will get! :D

Whoa, Link. Yeah, that's creepy. (You should have locked the door) At my job I deal with a lot of elderly customers. Sometimes I really wonder what's going on in their heads. They constantly forget their bags as they head for the door, forget how much I just said it costs, or worse, they forget to bring their money. I really don't mind, I see the same people all the time, so I am prepared for the demented-ness.

8. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

I hope it will get here, I'm just antsy because it has taken me so long to track this certain cd down. Oh, feel better! That has to suck. :( Why not eat a breakfast burrito? :)

No, don't say it! You'll jinx the great, mild winters we have been having. I live in New England, don't ruin it for me!

9. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Thanks, you guys! :) I'm working especially hard at school, since this is so near Christmas break and the end of the semester. I definitely want to get into Chicago, and I don't let dreams go once I've got hold of them. Thanks for the encouragement -- it's great to know there's always someone to hope for you. :)

10. dizzyspell

dizzyspell Active Member

I'm doing a Summer course so I can still get my student loan. I'm also working fulltime, so it's far too easy to forget things. I accidentally missed a tutorial on Tuesday that was focusing on our first essay. Oops. However, I didn't happen to think that because our tutorial assignment was to bring in a draft of our essay, it might be due soon. Last night, I remembered that it's due on the 10th. Today is the 9th. Now I'm trying my hardest to waffle on about the rituals of Orthodox Christianity, and keep up the A average I've gotten in all my other courses. Eek!

11. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Haha ironically, I just ate a breakfast burrito. ;) And it is helping me feel better.

*hugs* You can do it!

Yikes! I hope you get it finished in time!

12. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    I can't f-ing write poetry. No matter how many writers I study, I can't get anything from them. I barely understand them. It's like they're speaking a different language.
    Everything I write is trash, and means nothing anyway.

I'm going to fail this class miserabley. Why am I so useless? I'm s'posed to be a f/cking writer...

1 person likes this.
  13. EagleOne

EagleOne New Member

I'm hungry.

That's all I have... carry on...

Cheers,

14. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

You're not useless. Just because you are more skilled with a certain type of writing doesn't make everything you write trash. You are a hard worker, and I bet what is coming out is a lot better than you think it is. Really. :) After all, haven't you been at the top of your class and receiving fantastic marks since you started your coursework at university? I bet you're doing much better than other students with the same assignment, even if it is less than what you expected of yourself. Perspective!

Still, I feel you. I'm feeling a bit like a failure too, presently. I had one of my final exams yesterday. My anxiety has been getting increasingly worse and despite all my studying and problem-working, the material wasn't really absorbing, and I failed. I am lucky with the fact that this was only part one of the final exam, and it was only worth 100 points out of about 1600 for the course, but it sure doesn't make me feel very good about myself.

I have to take 13 more chemistry credits over the course of 7 semesters if I want to stick with this major --which I do. But I am so worried because if I don't show improvement next semester with organic chemistry, I am going to have to seriously think about changing my major for the sake of my GPA. (I am already doing Spanish as a second major, but I really am not interested in pursuing it past undergrad or making a career of it.) I feel so lost.

15. darthjim

darthjim New Member

The beer has run out.

Damn. It.

16. Donal

Donal New Member

Pissed Off. All my close friends have left my city to find work or to study. From a core group of 7 friends in May only 1 of them has not moved away. Although I have my girlfriend and am in regular contact with everyone through phone and email its not really the same as having my real friends.

17. EagleOne

EagleOne New Member

Considering the current economic conditions this is becoming more common. I'm sure you'll find some new mates to hang out with when your girl isn't keeping you busy. :) Look on the bright side. I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere. (re: the 7 month exodus)

Cheers,

18. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I hate Christmas shopping. It's not the shopping itself, its the process of getting into the bloody shops. It's almost impossible to find a car park and the rudeness factor is always increased X10 fold this time of the year.

After shopping i was trying to pull the car out, but some C***sucker tried to get my spot and parked so close it took me over a minute to get out. So i ended up reversing his direction and letting someone else have my spot.

Also, when i was in the mall, what i hate, is when people stand in groups in the middle of the walking lanes. Usually half a dozen pensioners or women in groups with prams.

Anyway, only one more shopping trip for me to do.

19. Eunoia

Remember you're good at other writing styles. Also, have you tried writing a different type of poetry, say prose poetry? That might be better for you if you focus on prose mostly. Of course, I don't know what your task is though. Anyway, have faith in your writing!

That sucks. :( It's good you're still in contact with them because often when people move away, they can forget about who they left behind. Considering you had a core group of seven close friends, I'm sure you'll find some new friends soon. :)

Mercurial: Sorry to hear you've been struggling with your work. Have you considered getting a class mate or getting extra help from a tutor to help? I hope things improve for you. :)

Speedy: I hate shopping too. Not for the reasons you mention, I just hate shopping. :p

20. Donal

Donal New Member

Thanks guys. Its not quite that bad. I see some of them maybe once every 3 weeks some of them maybe once ever 2 months. Its not that bad just sometimes gets irritating. Im far from lonely just for example this weekend there is a big game on and I'll have to go alone which is tough. Its a real once off. The guys and girls who I would normally go with are away. My pal left here is having a family dinner as his brother got engaged. My girlfriend is working and so is my brother and father. So it will be me alone. Its those kind of days that are irritating. But 2 of them were home last week and another 2 are home next week so we do keep in regular contact (not just facebook) :)

21. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Today was going to be a dissertation day. However, I feel absolutely awful. Quite pleased I'm not in uni anyway today, because even if I was I'd be staying in bed with this hideous cold. A day of Pro Evo and Stephen Baxter beckons, and not for good reasons.

But it looks like I won't be able to play this evening. Hopefully I'll pick up and at least get a clear nose, but otherwise I'm not going to get an opportunity. Bah.

22. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

^^^^Hey, cheer up everyone. I'm sorry you're all going through a rough time at it, but everything will get back to normal real soon. My best wishes to all of you guys :D

On another weird, not happy note, my nose feels like someone has punched it through and crushed the cartilage that contructs my bridge. I don't know why. . . so it's really weird. I thought at first I had a cold coming on, but for two days nothing's happened??? I don't get it :|

23. Eunoia

Great. Tuition fees are rising. I knew it was going to happen, but still. :/

24. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

^Yeah, over here - across the pond, I'm waiting for the day they start taxing our food. Ugh. It's only a matter of time. . .

25. Capt Bob

Capt Bob New Member

Hi: Not a hospital visit in the bunch and not a sniff of a terminal prognosis!!,
    C-mon !! Slap a smile on Yer puss & go out for some O that polluted air!.
    Just funnin Ya guys!-Now join me on the "Happy Thread"!. Stuffy nose-indeed!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.