The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim onion

jim onion New Member

^Read the diaries of Dylan Klebold, for those interested. Talk about a trip.

Shenanigator likes this.
  2. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

I had a grand plan, but it looks like it's not to be. I wanted to try and shop in a more eco friendly way. I barely eat meat anyway, and I never buy plastic bags. So I was looking at food I purchase online, and fresh fruit and vegetables are one of the only things I could buy! Tinned foods technically I can't even recycle where I live. Drinks cans yes (which I never get anyway), but food tins no (which I buy all the time). I can't recycle any plastics, cardboard, paper, or newspaper either. :dry:
    If I wanted to avoid any packaging I couldn't recycle, I could buy only jars of food and nothing else. My diet would be only vegetables, sauces and expensive bottled water (the local tap water is hideous all year round). :blech:
    I can't wait to get back to England where recycling of most items happens on your doorstep!!! Shame I have to wait until 2020. :bigmeh:

ETA: Perhaps the answer is to just eat baby food?! o_O

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  3. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

My dyslexia read this the first time as "BBQ Officer", which made me laugh.

Yeah, I iz a wryter...o_O

Not Happy thing: echoing Ash, the 20th Anniversary of Columbine. Had there been no Columbine I don't think there would have been
    Parkland
    Anapolis
    Las Vegas
    Sandy Hook
    Aurora
    Charleston
    or the many others I've forgotten, but shouldn't.

4. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Contributor Contributor

At work on Easter. Sad face. Didn't get the kids Easter baskets yet bc a) Thought they were too young to notice what Sunday Easter was on (Hint...the 7yo definitely knows and is disappointed that he has to wait a week) and b) bc we're kinda broke right now. Plan is to do Easter next Sunday.
    Hubs is meh on taking them to an Easter egg hunt bc he's not really religious and would feel awkward at a random church. I'm bummed bc if I were home we would have gone to the church I periodically (read: Christmas and Easter) go to and they have an awesome egg hunt after.
    I'm just missing the Easter hymns. I love the Easter hymns. I listened to 'Jesus Christ is Risen Today' in the car on the way to work and randomly melted down into tears. Not really sure why, just that it's been a really stressful month. Really. Stressful.
    Also looked at my KDP royalties earned for my novella for the past 5 years and realized I've earned a whopping $3.73. In five years. Granted, it's a novella, it's not something I spent a lot of time editing or revising, and I had no beta readers, so it's not exactly my best work, but...still.
    Guess I'm just in a sad/mopey mood overall today.

5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :friend:I am sorry to hear that you are all stressed out. :friend:
    I hope things get better for you. :)
    Happy Easter. :)
    [​IMG]

6. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Me too. Holidays suck at restaurants. Bunch of amateurs, hoopleheads, and teetotalers. Have to work extra hard to separate them from their money.

7. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

:friend:

Cave Troll and Stormsong07 like this.
  8. Homer Potvin

Are you doing an Easter Egg hunt at the prison @Stormsong07? That might be interesting.

9. Stormsong07

Lol that WOULD be interesting. You know, the inmates are dressed in orange (males) and pink (females)...kinda Easter-egg-y...though I suppose the sheriff would frown on playing Easter Inmate Hunt...

In the meantime, I'm consoling myself by ordering Pizza Hut for lunch. Oh, and doodling little bunnies in the margin of the logbook.

10. John-Wayne

You could call it an Easter-Man-Hunt!!!! Just put cute rabbit ears on them, cuff their hands behind their backs and make them hop around... oh wait. this is California. :( . If it were Sheriff Joe Arpaio, this would be a thing.

:superfrown::friend: , well at least enjoy your Pizza... :cry:

Stormsong07 and Cave Troll like this.
  11. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

12. Homer Potvin

Yep. Nothing could go wrong.

Cave Troll and John-Wayne like this.
  13. John-Wayne

I hurt my mental sanity to make a horrible joke on another thread... It better have been worth it... on also... it's teh end of the day.

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  14. Cave Troll

I feel ya, even if it don't land you can always try a new one. :superidea:

John-Wayne likes this.
  15. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

A security guard going on shift ruined my day when he accosted me for drinking a beverage in a courtyard I like to sometimes sit in. It was a closed container and only had a little bit of ice water at the bottom. He decided to be nasty to me and arbitrarily enforce the rules on me even though there were plenty of people riding their bikes and scooters through the area.

It made me really upset. Last week, someone had dropped a lit cigarette in one of the planters and the mulch was smoking. I used a bottle of water to douse the fire. I still tried to be kind the rest of the day, but I couldn't smile anymore.

16. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

It seems that something I suspected about my body long ago is true, and it's not a positive thing. Gonna need to make some big changes to try and improve my health...unless anyone knows of a log cabin in the woods that I could move into? :rolleyes:

ETA: https://www.5gspaceappeal.org/the-appeal/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Cave Troll and John-Wayne like this.
  17. John-Wayne

What's wrong with drinking in the courtyard? Is that usually what they're for? To eat, drink and visit

I probably wouldn't give you trouble, again I don't know what the post orders are

Cave Troll likes this.
  18. Maverick_nc

Maverick_nc Contributor Contributor

An hour ago I was happily taking my morning shower. Hot, steamy and singing along to some cheesy tunes on the radio, I failed to notice the shower stall was becoming flooded until a foul smell filled my nostrils.
    Wiping away the lather from my eyes I discovered, to my absolute disgust, that my feet were bathing in a brown pool of shit and piss bubbling up from the plughole below.
    I have no idea how this happened, or why, but I share a house with 3 other people so basically I've just been showering in other peoples human waste.
    I don't think I will ever feel clean again.

Some Guy, matwoolf, minstrel and 4 others like this.
  19. Stormsong07

I am still damp from crossing the parking lot in the pouring rain today. Under a flash flood watch til tomorrow morning. I love the rain. What I'm not happy about is now I'm stuck in a building with no windows for 12 hours. Boo.

Some Guy, Cave Troll and John-Wayne like this.
  20. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Urgh, I'm overthinking again. My crush hasn't replied to my message for a couple of days now. She could just be up to her eyeballs in her dissertation, but I can't help thinking that maybe she just doesn't want to talk to me any more.

EDIT: It's OK, she replied and I was worrying over nothing.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  21. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

you've got to remember that she's your crush, but to her you are just one of many students, ergo replying to you isnt going to be a her numero uno priority ... doing anything needy will put her off from messaging or wanting to be freinds.

also its possib;e that she doesnt want to talk to you any more - in which case you need to just let it go gracefully

22. John-Wayne

There's a guy! On this forum I would love to ignore, however I'm unable too, it's physically impossible because there's no button for me to ignore him.

He has a grayscale husky as his Avatar, and thinks he's a western movie star.

23. Cave Troll

:superagree::supergrin:
    [​IMG]

John-Wayne likes this.
  24. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    I could make him go away forever if you really want :twisted:

25. John-Wayne

:superlaugh:, isn't that abuse of power?:superwink:

Cave Troll likes this.