The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

It seems we just have different ways to try and achieve the same outcome: avoiding salmonella.

Cave Troll likes this.
  2. flawed personality

I would like to take a moment to thank the moron who knocked on my door within an hour of me taking a nap. Couldn't get back to sleep again after that, though I gave it a good try. Perhaps when I own my own place, I will get fencing and a moat. Failing that, a shark in the moat. That ought to stop the door knocking daredevils. :twisted:

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Use crocodiles instead, as they can chase them away if they don't automatically decide to leave. :p

Some Guy and flawed personality like this.
  4. flawed personality

You are too cute. :friend:

Cave Troll likes this.
  5. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    I read somewhere that it's because US eggs are washed, which removes straw and stray bits of chickenshit, but also an outer coating that prevents bad stuff from permeating the shell itself.

Here we go, in depth explanation:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/09/11/336330502/why-the-u-s-chills-its-eggs-and-most-of-the-world-doesnt

6. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Damn it. Woke up, had an idea for my long-shelved WIP, went to the computer room, discovered that Scrivener wanted an update, ten minutes later I got into the file to discover that I'd already written the scene somewhere in the past few years and forgotten it.

Shit.

7. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

How would such a silly law be enforced?? Here in the UK we store our eggs how the hell we like. Personally I refrigerate.

Oops! Sorry. I read that as ‘produce to consumption’ I’ll get me coat.

8. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    [​IMG]

9. Cave Troll

:superidea::superlaugh:
    [​IMG]

10. Tomb1302

Tomb1302 Senior Member

Like all great things you forget, you will have an epiphany 3-4 days later doing the most random, unrelated activity. May it be on the toilet, or in a business meeting, I hope it comes back to you.

T_L_K, Malisky and Cave Troll like this.
  11. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Nah, that's not the problem. I wrote the scene, forgot that I had written it, and had a warmed-over epiphany only to discover that it was already done. Gotta get back into this story, it's turning into A Man in Full for me, but not nearly such a weighty tome.

12. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Looks like I'm not going home this summer; a variety of things, some that I handled poorly and others that were outside my control, conspired to keep me from booking tickets while they were affordable.

No biggie, it's just that I've recently been hit by one of those rogue waves of homesickness that happen from time to time.

It'll pass.

13. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Borrow 500? Not good to be homesick, I'm kissing your ear.

Mark Burton, Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  14. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

I'm just gonna do my annual thing where I whine about the temperature real quick. It is entirely too hot. I'm not built for thirty degrees plus. I'm built for the long hard winters that the Starks are always going on about.

15. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Same here.

Fortunately these weathers are soon over.

16. OurJud

Yodel courier service - don't buy online from anyone who uses them!

Missed a delivery earlier this evening (my MP3 player I order last week) so used their website to track the package. I got the 'sorry we missed you' message and an option to call/text the driver. On the two occasions they bothered to answer, the line was so bad I couldn't hear a word they were saying, and all I was trying to do was determine if the parcel would fit through my letterbox, as the likelihood was I wouldn't be in when they tried to delivery again. I texted them three times, no response, and then they started blocking my calls. Tried to use their website's chat service, and was told I was in a queue. I left the chat window open for three hours and got nothing.

Out of curiosity while waiting, I typed 'yodel worst couriers ever' into my browser and was hit by result after result with the exact same statement. They top the list in pretty much ever courier service poll that's ever been conducted.

17. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

they are called yodel because of the long "aRGGGGHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH that echoes through the mountains from their less than satisfied customers

18. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

I looked up the review site on these cowboys. Yikes. At what point can they be charged with theft or gross negligence? How bad does it have to get? And how do you keep your sender from using them?

19. Cave Troll

"Thank you for using Lunar Parcel Shipping (LPS), we'll get your package to you
    in 60seconds or less. This is all made possible by the 70 kilometer long eletro-mangnetic
    rail cargo acceleration device. We take pride on accuracy, and know that your time
    is important."
    (High speed packages from this delivery service leave craters, so shop small to save
    the neighbor hood). :p

20. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

Nothing to ruin your day and spirit like having mother over for a visit.

21. OurJud

Like Royal Mail - who also have their fair share of (ahem, alleged) sticky-fingered thieving bastards - they're a law unto themselves. As for not using them, I suppose your only option is to ask the seller which courier service they use before you order from them.

22. flawed personality

This reminds me of a film I saw about a long range assassin. He would kill people with a laser somehow, IIRC. It may have been a short somewhere. :confused:

Cave Troll likes this.
  23. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Not the same film, but totally reminded me of this:

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  24. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

So yesterday morning, my parents headed off on a week-long holiday. My brother's on a trip with Scouts, so I'm all alone with the cat. I really don't like it. As well as all the housework I didn't realise needed doing (I know, I know, everyone has to do housework), I also have to make sure I do it correctly, which I don't have to worry about at university. It's also really lonely. The only words I've spoken for two days were to the cat, and of course he can't reply. I'm also terrified that I'll somehow endanger the cat's wellbeing - forget to feed him, accidentally shut him in a room, get his medicine wrong and make him ill - and of course he can't tell me if he needs anything. When he meows at me (and he sounds really mournful at times), I don't know if he's hurt himself somehow, or if he just wants me to give him my food. And the silence is oppressive. My mum always has the radio on during the week and my dad puts music on at the weekend, but I don't have the app that controls the speakers, so I can't do the same. It just makes me feel more alone. On the flip side, hearing all the little noises the house makes is really creepy, and I know it isn't anyone else moving about, and I feel less safe without Mum and Dad. I can't wait for them to come back, and I don't know what will happen when I'm permanently living alone.

flawed personality likes this.
  25. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

you really worry to much - most students would love to have the house to themselves - housework, leave it who cares its a week, so long as the house isnt a complete tip - and if the cat hurts himself, you'll know about it - if hes meowing he just wants food or fuss.

kick back read, eat, drink, write and be merry... this is the best its ever going to be, when you leave uni and start having to pay for your own house and all the other worries of adult hood you'll look back on this time as a golden age

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.