Tags:
  1. kev_the_man

kev_the_man Member

The Plot to my New story

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by kev_the_man, Apr 7, 2008.

Its about Serial Killer called Reggie who was born in 1920 and commited 11 Murders one being his own father.Untill he got some of his own medicine in 1950 when he was pushed and feel to his death.

Now 18 years after he was laid to rest HES BACK!! riseing from the dead to seek his revenage he swore he would get 18 years ago when he feel to his death.but hes no after the people who pused him hes after there children first.

Can they stop Reggie ? How can you stop kill someone who is allready dead ?

Horror,Time travel,Clift hangers,Action,Comdey, im going to try and have it all.

What do you think is it any good ? should i write it

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Any plot is only as good as the writing that brings it to life. I think you will need to work hard on the basics, though, judging by the spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors in your post. This is not to say you can't succeed, only that you will need to put in some real effort.

3. kev_the_man

kev_the_man Member

I know that was just a fast basic description of the story which i just typed there from my head.It was just to let you's know what its about a little.

When i start to write it thats when i will get the dictionary out.

4. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

It sounds like a good plot to me, if its well-written i'd definitely be interested in reading it. At first it sounded similar to something i've actually written, but then yours has an interesting twist. Whilst mine is just about a serial killer looking back, yours is... well unexpected.

Like Cogito says i'd work hard to get your grammar and perhaps sentence structure in place, but its definitely the basis for a great plot.

5. kev_the_man

kev_the_man Member

See i admit my spelling and grammar is always my down point.But i have always had a great imagination i come up with great idea's all the time and its all going on in my head but the problem is always trying to get it from my head onto the papper and to make it the exact same as it was in my head.

6. kev_the_man

kev_the_man Member

Start of the story

1968 It was a dark winters night thursday 12th october 11:59pm to be exact.As soon as the clock stroked midnight the ground began to shake it felt like an earthquake.Strangle enough the earthquake only lasted 60 seconds the people of the small city went back to sleep not knowing what was to become of this earthquake.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

kev, you can discuss the plot evolution here, but the actual writing must be posted in the Review Room forums, after meeting the posting requirements. Before posting a story for review, you must review two other pieces of writing anywhere in the Review Room forums. Please put in your best effort - the thought you put into the reviews will be seen by other members who will then decide how much effort to aply toward your work.

The Review Rooms are a participatory workshop for improving the quality of members' writing.

8. Vayda

Vayda New Member

I think you've been preached to enough about spelling and grammar, but I just have to throw this one in: PLEASE read your own work!! Stop, print it out if you can, read it ALOUD, and make sure your words are right. I KNOW you know the difference between "strange" (meaning odd or weird) and "strangle" (meaning to wrap your arms around someone's neck and choke them - and also the word you wrote.)

Just go through your story and make sure you have the words you're trying to say on the page. Capitalization, punctuation, and improper past tense forms we can fix, but if the right words aren't there in the first place, it becomes really hard to figure out what you're saying.

9. kev_the_man

kev_the_man Member

Ok sorry i didnt know that i will go and do that just now.