The Road to Dragon's Peak Discussion/OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by murasaki_sama, Mar 12, 2013.

1. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

I'm confused. It was only two new characters.

Bye Erik! And no worries, I probably won't get to the opening posts until later tonight anyway! Have fun in class!

speaking of which...ehh...I don't wanna do schoooool.

2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

I want to join... But I don't think that I should...

Inner Turmoil is being experienced... RIGHT NOW! lol

What spots are still open?

3. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Leader of Team Two, both Support positions (which provide for some very unique character ideas), one rogue position and...possible one mage position.

YOU SHOULD JOIN!!!

And holly shite. I created this RP 5 hours ago and I already have two complete profiles? And two possible profiles? And more people interested? WOOOW. This is the fastest any RP I've created has ever gotten replies/interest.

I like this site.

4. Pheonix

Ok, I don't think I should do this... but...

Can I dibs leader of Team Two? :cool: lol

And this site is pretty awesome, just in general. The RP section isn't the biggest, but those who play are devoted and passionate! Also, the Forum Mod, Losthawken is convinced that we shall rise and take over the world! lol

5. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Such a sad story when you are told your character must be edited like hell to fit in. Oh well at least I got to keep the top hat.

6. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

The detail in this RP is... incredible.

This looks like it's going to be amazing! I want to join but I'm pretty sure I can't consistently put out paragraphs of good material >:|. I will satisfy myself with watching from the sidelines.

For the sake of my curiosity though, what kind of classes are players allowed to use? (I'm under the impression that some- *cough* gods *cough* -are off limits)

7. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

I would join but I'm about to start my own Rp in a few days here so I want to put the majority of my attention on that. I will however be rooting for you guys. Have fun and I hope it goes well!

8. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Phoenix - Yes you can! Take your time on the profile. You are lucky, in my original idea for this RP, the leader of group Two had to be a questing maiden. Luckily for you, losthawken suggested a scrap that idea.

Crumpets and Love to Write - noooooo JOIN US! you know you want tooooo.

Crumpets - First, I am willing to work with you on your posts, if you want. I don't want to rush this RP, so if you want to write a post and PM it to me, and then revise it a bit before posting, I wouldn't mind it at all.

Second, this is the short version. I left out the magical races, dragon kin, the meaning of eye colors, most of the culture/history/whatever on several of the nations, and who knows what else. With the exception of Pohoni and Logoth, of course, I basically made up stuff on the spot...In fact, most of the names on the map were either borrowed from earlier maps/ideas or made up on the spot, including the name of the continent. I left out some of it on purpose, because I didn't want to limit things too much, and I wanted to see what the other players could come up with. Some of it I left out because it isn't essential information at this point in time, and may appear as plot twists or whatever later in the game.

Also, yes, gods are off limits. So are sorcerers, because they have far too much power. Magic users can be anything else. I'm actually a bit sad that nobody choose to be a priest (yet). I think the chance to create a religion would be amazing! Especially in this setting, where any religion has two aspects - the actual, little known aspect of the fact that the gods are mortal humans of immense power, and the public, well known aspect of the powers the god grants, the rituals and the beliefs. Add in a dead god, and things grow truly interesting!!!

Ahem.

Love to Write - I wish you luck on your RP! Maybe you can join a little later, after you finish starting off your RP and have a bit more time? I might give members a chance to play villains/obstacles, opposing our two groups. You could also collaborate with another player to introduce a character who is essential to a more character-centric plot twist/backstory reveal/whatever. There is no need to join at the beginning, as I will let in more characters later.

9. Pheonix

The detail here is making me want to restart Surmarack...

EDIT: And I will start working on Team Two Leader right away! Just to be clear, male or female is okay right?

10. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Surmarack??

And yes, either gender works.

EDIT::
    Alright everyone, I am closing out this site until I finish my schoolwork! I should be back in an hour...maybe two.

EDIT 2:: I will try and make the opening posts when I get back. We shall see if this extreme inspiration lasts that long!

11. Pheonix

Surmarack was my first attempt at GMing. It was quite fun, but I could never really seem to get everyone into a rhythm or on the same page. And then a few of the key players disappeared for extended periods and the game kinda collapsed under it's own weight. I think it makes a good read tho! lol

https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=55410

12. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Oh, when people vanish...That is the death of more RPs than any other. It makes me a bit gun-shy about letting in roleplayers who are still new to a site...But since I am also new, eehhh... That and I can kill characters. GOD LIKE POWERS ARE MINE!!

Interestingly enough, it only took me 30 minutes to do my school work. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

I...didn't get a lot of sleep. I'm a bit hyper. It happens. Sorry.

Time to work on epic opening posts!!!

13. Pheonix

Your game just got approved and people are showing interest... Hyperness is the appropriate reaction lol :p

14. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

What's the difference between a priest and a mage? Or is 'mage' just a rank of priest?

15. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Yes, that is true. Especially considering how I spent like, all of yesterday writing it up and creating that map. That map...gods, that map. WHY DID I MAKE A MAP?

Anyway...back to my Hui post. Gonna wait on Leader One's profile before writing up Lav's post, I want to make sure it works. I wanted to start her in either City 1 or City 7...but its up to you where the Group One starts out.

EDIT::
    A mage is born with their abilities. A priest is often granted abilities by a god. They go through some kind of ritual (a form of academic magic combined with ley-magic, generally) and gain special abilities. A priest can still gain their powers if their god is dead; however, such powers would be weaker than in the past. Priests generally do not live as long as other magic users, even if the have a lot of power. ((Most religions do not last long past the death of their god/gods.)) Also, a mage or magic user of any kind can become a priest of a god; they get the special power/ability, in addition to what they already have.

That's the short version, anyway.

16. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

should I join this? is it...

Cool?

[​IMG]

17. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Very clever use of a gif.

You should join. EVERYONE SHOULD JOIN.

And by everyone, I mean the cool people. Which is everyone.

18. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Mmmm tempting.

Last time I tried to make a cultist-like character, it kind of failed. I'll need to flesh out the background more this time.

For now, dibs on priest. :p

19. Pheonix

Ex! Join! I think it will be...

:cool: (The code for this is [noparse]:cool:[/noparse], lol)

20. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

...cool.

[​IMG]

21. Exzalia

I will....

concider it
    [​IMG]

22. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Crumpet - do you want to play a Support? If so, which Group? We already have two mages (well, we have one mage and one in the works).

Although, technically, if anyone wanted to play The Apostate Priest, that character could also be defined as rogue...

So yeah, priests can be support or mages, and some can be rogues.

Fun fun fun.

Also, HUI POST IS UP! ...I am...sorry.....my vocabulary wanted to play. It doesn't normally. I mean, I use fun words sometimes, but rarely that many in a post...

23. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Ooo I see. That's fine, I'll think of something.

Just as a notice, I probably won't have a character sheet until Sunday, if not later, magic user or not. As much as I resent it, I have other obligations. :C

Apostate Priest sounds interesting. I'm not sure how that would be pulled off mechanically, but it definitely sounds like an interesting character to create (if done right. excuse me while I butcher all the potential). If the definition of the Apostate Priest as a rogue is a stretch, then I'll just default to something else. No need to make exceptions for me. :p

24. Exzalia

how does magic work in this world? any system?

25. murasaki_sama

murasaki_sama New Member

Magic is described, at least in part, in the opening post of the RP. Different schools of magic exists, of course, and each type of magic is practiced a bit differently. I am pretty open to the specifics of a character's individual magics, provided it seems reasonable and doesn't contradict anything.

Crumpet - that is fine, it can wait. No rush, like I said.
    I mean, even if the roleplay stays pretty active, we can just plan to recruit the fifth member of the group (your character) later than the other four. Not a problem.

Actually, apostate priest fits the rogue better than the Wondering Poet, who previously held that position. ((Well, in my head)) I think it would be fun to play out, because, since you basically get to develop a religion, you also get to develop the taboos/sins for that religion. Not all priests are required to be celibate, for example. Some religions have a practice of excommunication, others do not. Have fun with it! I'll reserve the open Rogue spot for you, at least for now.

EDIT:: Only two positions open now, guys, and those are the support positions. And those can anything. Literally. I was going to make one of them a poet, so I don't think it matters what that character is. Just as long as their presence in the quest makes sense, I guess....

EDIT 2:: And time for bed for me! I will post as Lavanya first thing tomorrow. I also hope to help people finish their profiles tomorrow as well, so everyone can post!

...Except for the people who haven't joined yet. Ehh. Whatever. Goodnight everyone!