The Spooky Halloween thread!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by WhispWillow, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Now that's a strange combination. :D

Me and my friends are going as mobsters--we've got the whole pinstriped suits and everything. Mine's pink and the others' are grey and purple and yellow.

2. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

I want to get a dalek prop and go around town in it. :D

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Why can I imagine you doing that? :D

4. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Two of my friends decided they were going to host a Halloween party, so I guess I am going to do something this year after all. :) (The past two years, I have just given out candy and watched movies --I'm too old to trick or treat; the neighbors dont give me candy and / or give me funny looks and ask how old I am.)

I have a crayon costume somewhere in the attic, I bet, but I've been told all costumes need to be danceable, but preferably not "too" revealing. :p I dunno what I'll be --probably whatever the store has left in stock on October 30th, but I'm open to suggestions.

5. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

This is why it's nice to have younger siblings. One is never too old to trick or treat when accompanied by little kids. :)

Also, due to unfortunate events on Halloween in 2007, I discovered that people also don't give you funny looks and ask how old you are if you are wearing a revealing Halloween costume.:redface:

6. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I was five years old and I was giving out candy at the house. And my dad thought it was a BRILLIANT idea to roast marshmallows in the fireplace, which, didn't work. And about the time the fire alarm started going off, the doorbell rang. I answered, and there were these teenagers there.

I looked at them and asked my mom "Mooooooom, they're too big for halloween, should I give them caaaaandy?" They were dressed up as pirates and were probably 16 to 17.

My mom said "EMILY!! JUST GIVE THEM CANDY AND GET THEM OUT OF HERE!!"

She was stressed. :D

7. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I wanted to go as Quail Man. It's been my backup costume for the past three years. But I found out that my ex's little brother--who is a total douchebag--is going to be Quail Man. So now I feel like I should find something else...

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

So you quailed at the thought that you might be associated with him if you wore a similar costume.

9. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Haha. Punny.

Thought I would say it's more that I don't want him to pull a "Man, she totally copied me." Because that would make him feel like he's cool enough to be worth copying. When he's really, really not.

10. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I am going as Bettie Paige as a naughty schoolteacher. I'll post pics.

11. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I've tried to get some fellow Aussies into the whole Halloween thing - total fail. XD Oh well, I'm sure I can ignore the weird looks I get, I've had much practice on days I thought I was dressing normally. :)

12. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

You know, I tried once as well. All that happened was a large group of my friends all got together and got drunk, then said they came as a group of drunks... it really sucks. Though I think our local pub does something, but I never bother going, I hate going to the pub.

13. Mercurial

I have decided to be Barbie for Halloween. :D It meets the party requirements (must be a costume, but it's advisable that your costume not suffocate you in the crowded room, and it'd be nice if you could dance in it too), and I think it'll be interesting to see Mercy as a blonde.

This should be fun. :D

14. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

Yeah, where I am Halloween is pretty much non-existent.

15. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

Halloween is pretty defunct around here as well, besides a few storefronts with obligatory displays, there are few people and kids that come knocking for candy or any such foolishness. In fact you are more likely to be egged during these times.

16. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

Somehow, we had kids knocking on our door a few years ago :confused:.

17. Mercurial

How upsetting that Halloween isnt widely celebrated in Australia! As a kid, it used to be my favourite holiday (besides Christmas ;) ), and now that I'm at the age where you just party hard, it's my favourite holiday all over again. :D

18. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

I used to read about Halloween when I was a kid, and wondered why it never caught on here... so I just stuck with Christmas :D.

My mum has friends who live in the USA, but we've never asked them about Halloween... :confused:

19. Pallas

Halloween celebrations really vary from neighborhood to neighborhood and region to region in the US. Here in the ghetto, it's only an excuse to throw eggs, while in the sticks and suburbs and what not, it is a homely celebration.

20. Mercurial

Egg throwing is pretty common out here in the suburbs too, but yeah, the parties are more common. I love the excuse to become someone or something I'm not.

I will never forget the time my neighbor's car got egg'd, plastic wrapped, and spray painted, and her entire house was TP'd. It was horrible. I was so thankful no one got the addresses mixed up, and, personally, I think she had it coming anyway. :rolleyes:

21. Pallas

Sounds like the culprit is right here, haha