~The Sports Thread~!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Neha, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Ross Taylor is probably the best player in thr world right now in my opinion. I say this because god darn he can be aggressive when he wants to be (Like shawag sorry for spelling).

I think NZ, India and South Africa will all be above Australia in the ranks within 12months. India first then NZ when there team has more experience

India has New Zealand, at 3 for 23 at one stage, ouch!

2. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

lol...you saw the last test?? It happened then too...and even if NZ make about 500 runs, I think our team can still do it.

But for the Aussie team, I think the main reason for their downfall is that they've been depending too much on specific players, like Ponting and Warne, and now that these guys have retired, they're having a hard time finding replacements. Brett Lee's not as lethal as he once was, probably cos of that injury that kept him out last year. Mitchell Johnson and Stuart Clarke are the best bowlers you've got, and Michael Clark, and Andrew Symonds the best batsmen(though Symond is out half the time cause of all those controversies).

Edit-lol, yup thank God that Sehwag is back in form. But then Dhoni is a great captain, and sometimes the captaincy can decide whether a team wins or loses.

3. Speedy

Your right. We got dependant on them. But they were so good. too good for too long, might look good, but always ends up bad.

Ponting still plays, his only 31 i think. He'll be around until he scores the most centuries and runs ;).

Lee was never lethal, im glad his gone. He actually lives 3 streets away from where i live, hows that :D

Symonds was good, he lost the plot. I was lucky enough to see him and ponting put 300 on sri lanka in a one dayer ones. Think they put 20 sixs over the fence ;)

4. Neha

lol, Symonds is the Australian equivalent of Yuvraj Singh, they're both hard to stop once they get started. If you don't know who Yuvi is, he's the guy who made 6 sixes in a over off Stuart of the English team.

And my Gosh, I'm totally coming to your place. I went through a HEART LEE phase, and the after-effects are still here...lol..he sang a song with Asha Bhosle when he came to India...for the Champions Trophy. God, all the major tournaments are this year, aren't they?

and btw, Ponting's wife is GORGEOUS!!lol

5. Speedy

I couldnt have said it better if i tried.

Brett lee is a smart man, breaking into Bollywood. Everyne bags him in this country, but when India is a world super power and his an old man.... he'll be laughing last.

He says he wants to go over after cricket and have a career over there

Have you ever heard of Steve Waugh, Neha (Most Indinas have a very passionate and good memory of cricket history i have noticed) He was Australian Caption for a while... He always gpoes to India i se. If it wasernt for him and his passion i wouldnt want to go over there as much as i do. Its first on my list of must go places now.

6. Neha

lol...OF COURSE I know who Steve Waugh is...that guy's a legend!! lol...and hey, you're always welcome to crash at my place if you want..though I must warn you, Indians are friendly, but they can get over-enthusiastic at times.

7. Addicted2aa

Addicted2aa New Member

Any Disc fans? Parkour? MMA?
    Soccer is pretty awesome. MLS starts in a week. Excited.
    I don't know anything about any of the other sports mentioned here.

8. Neha

PArkour ROCKS addicted...lol, I'm gonna take classes when i go to Delhi this year! You practice it??

9. Speedy

I love Indians.

Why, because when it come too legends of the game, they never ever forget. I respect that.

I was taling to an Indian at a game once and he talked about the Australian invincibles for almost and hour, about every player..... i never understood all the facts...and im an Australia. Had my full respect.

Because of this i hope India produce what Australia had during the 90s and early 00's simply because the deserve it!

10. Neha

Speedy...ooh I love you...adopt me pretty please?? None of my family members care for cricket. My Dad forbids me to watch the game, says I'm an addict, but I still make up excuses to watch 'em. lol, cricket's the only reason I wake up early at 4 a.m.

Though it's surprising, isn't Rugby the most popular sport there?

11. Speedy

haha, i have been going to the cricket since i was 4! (I was born in the 80s when James Packer gave the world the world series of cricket (One day criucket)... So yeah i love it.

Rugby League and Australian Football (AFL) are big. The later is Nation wide, the former only east coast fhe country.

I used to love football, but sadly alcohol and the young talent, year after year shows how stupid the code is. SEvery year some player assults some women and so forth, im loosing faith in thboth games. Crickets on the other hand are a bit smarter and have slightly more brains, so i follow that ;)

We also have Rugby Union which we once dominated.... but a few bad coaches have single handedly made us pone of the worlds worst.

12. Neha

^^^totally understand that...that's what's happened to our kabaddi(I know you may not know what the sport is :p) team..but Indian football is getting better. Our captain is good(and gorgeous..lol)

Did you know that the BCCI is making a player pool for the World Cup '11?

13. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

IT'S FOOTBALL! GET IT RIGHT! :p

Don't worry, just messing with you. But seriously, IT'S FOOTBALL!

14. Speedy

Can't say i did, 0.o

The sport i can't wait for it Formula One, it kicks off this weekend over here!

[​IMG]
    By Speedyjjj at 2009-03-26

Force India's care looks pretty sweet with national colours i have to admit. (they need the drivers now lol)

15. Neha

I LOVE Lewis Hamilton!! Okay, I know I'm a sports freak lol. Or more like a sport stars freak..:p...

16. Speedy

Im a sports freak, my misses isnt, i might dump here (lol j/k - she tries)

Im glad he never won during his first season, it would have corrupted him big time. So glad he won during his second season. Apperently his car isnt up to scratch this year. I heard somewhere that the winner this year is though who wins most races. I hope this is a joke. (i love F1, i just don't keep up to date)

17. Neha

ditto lol, I'm only coming to know about it through newspapers everytime-no one lets me watch sports here. :(

Not even Tennis!

18. Speedy

What about Golf ;)

19. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Well, I'm a bonkers Huddersfield Town fan (have a gander at the avatar - I might just change it to being my favourite player, though), and today marks the 15th anniversary of my first match. We beat Plymouth Argyle 1-0 at the old Leeds Road ground, a young Andy Booth scoring. I've since attended pushing on for 500 games at nearly 40 different grounds. I'll post up some of the places I've been to watch Town at some point.

20. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

MMA is awesome. Only sport that I watch. :)

And when the mood descends, I play volleyball.

21. Neha

Speedy-can't stand golf...even though Jeev Milkha Singh is a great golfer. But I've never been a fan of the game.

22. Speedy

haha, its a shocking gam really. Unless you play it (which can be fun).

Has to be fast, slightly aggressive and yeah....for me to like it.

23. Neha

But...like I said I'm a sports star fan...and well..I heart Tiger Woods...:p

24. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm not much of a sports fan, particularly sitting down and watching. However I was on the track team in high school. Shot put, discus, 200 meters, long jump, but my best event was the high jump.

25. Neha

I am no use when it comes to track...oh I'm fast, but I get real bad stitches in my appendix(need to get it operated). Figures, lol, the only thing I can be good at and there's a problem. I'm a lousy sports person in general.