The Starshade's Legacy: Last of the Imirri

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Keitsumah, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Keitsumah; Forest to Village

Ardoway glanced once at the newcomer but was obviously more focused on his sister. "Look -now's not the time for introductions. Let's all get to the inn now before something else happens!" he warned.

Several minutes later everyone was in the inn -or at least those who had ventured into the forest. Gunthran was just about to respond to Tim's question when he saw the girl dangling between Ardoway and Rafael.

"Great Spirit! What 'appened!? Keitsu -Keitsumah! Wake up child!" he cried, patting the girl's face when the two boys laid her on a table.

"There was . . ." Ardoway shrugged at the memory and shivered, "I can't even describe it, Gunthran. Bones -skeletons everywhere-" the boy paused when the innkeeper made a choking sound.

"Ye found the victims of the last raid . . ." the old man wheezed, his face going deathly pale as pain came to his eyes. Ardoway's narrowed in anger as he realized the old man had known, but before he could speak Gunthran had raised a hand:

"I knew 'O it of course -how can i not remember where my own wife and son were killed?"

Batos; Fortress to Mountains

The prince loped alongside his twin as the group assembled for the raid traveled through a strip of forest into the mountains. His white pelt stood out sharply compared to the others, but he paid no attention to the occasional glances.

Running away might be an option here. Father may never find me . . . he thought, but as he was preoccupied he stumbled over an exposed root and nearly bowled over a black scout.

"S-sorry." he mumbled before he could stop himself as the other wolf's eyes widened.

2. NRed

NRed New Member

kar stumbled after Ardoway and Rebel as they carried Keitsumah. His mind continued to reel, trying to piece together the loss few minutes and what happened. As he reached the outskirts of the town. The only thing he knew for sure that Keitsumah saved his life somehow. And now he is life bound to her until he can repay his life debt to her.

He continued to follow Ardoway and Rebel into the town where they entered a small inn, Kar hesitantly follows them in. He quickly scan the room, there was an old man, child and a few other people he gave them no heed. He only saw the beast (Wallace) sitting casually talking to a young woman (Mira). He wondered if she knew what he was. His hand casually drifted down to the hilt of his sword to rest on the pommel. He walked over to where Ardoway lied Keitsumah down on a table, he was talking to the innkeeper (Gunthran). He made sure to stand between Keitsumah and where the beast was sitting. He interrupted the old man "will she live?".

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah; The Inn

"Will she live?" the question made Gunthran glance in surprise at the newcomer, "Ah -uhm- well she doesn't-" he stammered before Keitsumah groaned and her eyes opened, blinking as she put a hand to her head, "Owww . . . what . . . where . . ?" the girl looked around and when she spotted the skull Kar wore she shuddered, obviously remembering the forest incident.

"Shifters . . ." she whispered, and her necklace pulsed brighter for a moment before going dark.

4. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Perrin

"S-sorry." he mumbled before he could stop himself as the other wolf's eyes widened.

Perrin was about to answer when he noticed who he was facing. He quickly closed his mouth and lowered his gaze.

"it's okay. You hurt?" He knew the penalties for offending royalty. He voiced his question anyway.

"Battle plans or doubt?" His voice a whisper as he tensed for the hit he would receive. He knew it was stupid but he didn't like hurting humans. They'd killed his best friend, still he couldn't bring himself to hate them. The shifters didn't treat the humans much better.

He knew the prince wouldn't stumble if he was focused. That lead him to the decision that the white wolf was deep in thought. The expression in the eyes now in front of him didn't seem like the eyes of a blood lusting warrior on his way to battle.

5. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Marklin

"I knew 'O it of course -how can i not remember where my own wife and son were killed?" Gunthran said.

"Shifters . . ." Keit whispered.

Marklin hmm'd angerly deep in his throat and his hand gripped the top of the hatchet that rested on his belt. "Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on what we've seen, Gunthran. A shifter's kill site, restless souls...what do you know of this?" His voice was deep and even and his blue eyes darkened with hate for the shifters.

6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah: The Inn

Gunthran shook, a deep-seated anger and pain in his grey eyes. "This village was attacked once, when i was younger. I had a family, a wife, and two children." Gunthran swallowed, "My wife and son were impaled with the others ye saw, and my daugther was captured. I was the only one left alive, and somehow i survived until a group of travelers found me and we settled this valley again after a few years. My memory fails me for how many years passed until Ardoway came in as a young lad, dragging a tiny girl with him -cryin from their burns. Their parents had died in a fire I was told, and I took them both in. That's about all that's happened until now. I've tried to get some of the victims down fromt eh trees to bury them, but in my old age I've had no luck . . ."

Gunthran sighed and sat down, his face looking even more worn and aged. "I didn't tell anyone because no one found the place, and i feared that their sanity might be put at risk."

Batos; The Mountains

Batos eyed the scout warilly -if his father found out that he didn't want to hurt humans he would never hear the end of it.

"Doubt." he finally muttered, taking off after the other wolves alongside the scout. His white pelt stood out sharply compared to the others Raiders' dark brown, black or grey hides. Breath clouded in front of his nose before it was blown away, and the prince swallowed back a growl as the thought crossed his mind that he might have to attack a human.

7. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Perrin

"Doubt." he finally muttered, taking off after the other wolves alongside the scout.

Perrin nearly stopped from surprise. Not only had the prince left him unpunished, he even admitted that he was doubting. Perrin carefully glanced at the prince and could see his anger. Who was it directed at? Was it Perrin, or the humans, or was it himself? He made sure nobody else than the prince heard as he whispered. "You don't like hurting humans either?"

It was a great risk, the prince could have been doubting something else. He had a feeling whispering that the prince was more like him.

8. Keitsumah

Batos; The Mountains

Batos's head whipped around and it was his turn to look surprised. Barely managing to leap over a log before he could trip again, the prince nodded once cautiously, "You're pretty gutsy for a scout." he commented.

9. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Perrin

the prince nodded once cautiously, "You're pretty gutsy for a scout." he commented.

He smiled. "I'm under the impression that it's better to take risks, rather than living the rest of your life regretting your lack of courage."

He was getting more at ease, it seemed like the prince shared his view on the matter.

10. NRed

NRed New Member

As Gunthran stammered a reply "Ah -uhm- well she doesn't-" Keitsumah spoke "Owww . . . what . . . where . . ?". When she looked up at Kar she shuddered, he smiled at her reaction to him. When Keitsumah spoke again it she whisper "Shifters . . ." As she spoke her necklace pulse brightly Kar spat an mumbling "ancestors protect me" . The man from the forest to call himself Marklin begin speaking to Gunthran, Kar paid no to them instead leaning closer Keitsumah. He spoke in trying to sound friendly "girl what do you mean shifters? Is a more than that one that one here?" Notion to Wallace speaking quieter this time "do you want me to kill them?" He smiling wickedly.

11. Keitsumah

Keitsumah; The Inn

"Do you want me to kill them?" the whisper made Keitsumah whirl around to see Kar leaning in close to her. She could just see eyes within the depths of the skull mask the man wore, and the gleam of teeth when he smiled. She shrank back instinctively, and yelped in pain. Looking down, she saw blood seeping into the side of her cloak. How had she been wounded?

She felt teeth sink into her side, and screamed when darkness flashed across her vision.

Help us!
    Help us!
    Save us Starshade!

Keitsumah shuddered as the memory washed over her, and pulled the cloak back to reveal four bloody holes in her side where she had appeared to have been stabbed by massive teeth.

"They're not here." she mumbled half-conciously.

12. NRed

NRed New Member

As Keitsumah mumbled a reply "They're not here." Kar did not hear as he stared at the four puncture wounds in her side. As Kar removes thisthe skull helm, he spoke softly “You are hurt let me see”. As he set the helm on the table he wondered what she thought of his ruin face. Kar reaching between the pelts at his side, producing out a small leather flask. Removing a bone stop from the top of the flask, he squeezed a thick dark green sludge onto his index and middle finger. "This will stop the bleeding and numb the pain"saying calmly as he reached to apply to her wounds.

13. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Myrrhtide Hollowell

Myrrhtide slinked out of the woods, walking in her strange, fluid animal-like way. The irises of her eyes were butter yellow, like a fox, and her skin was light caramel from all the years she spent out of the sun. She wore all-black garb, from her long-sleeved shirt to her tight-fitting leggings and her clunky lace-up boots. There was something foreign, something alien, about the way she peered out at her surroundings with her left eye, the other one was covered by her flowing ebony hair. A double-sided spear was strapped diagonally across her back, the shaft sticking up over her shoulder.

The lanky young woman kept to the shadows as she entered town. She thought she saw a huge black bird, a raven, circling in the sky, and she could even hear its distant harsh cries. But when she looked up it had vanished. A single glossy black feather drifted by on a breeze. Myrrhtide hugged herself tightly and ushered on. She heard a raucous behind her--it was just a bunch of kids playing a game with sticks and stones. But in Myrrhtide's mind they were the same mob that had chased her witch mother out of town, back to hunt her down, too. With a tiny squeak, she lunged for the first door she passed and slippe dinto Gunther's place.

She looked around at the assembled people, one girl seemed to be bleeding from many cuts in her side. "I-I am sorry...", Myrrhtide said. Her voice was husky and attractive, and she was so tall she towered over everyone. "I am hiding. Is it all right if I stay in here for a short moment?" Her yellow eyes slid to the bleeding girl. "Is the young one dying...?" She didn't sound concerned, just curious.

14. Love to Write

"I am hiding. Is it all right if I stay in here for a short moment?" Her yellow eyes slid to the bleeding girl. "Is the young one dying...?" She didn't sound concerned, just curious.

A strange looking woman said coming in. She was probably a few years older than Marklin, himself but her appearance made it hard to tell. "I don't believe so. The look of death is much worse than what this child looks like." He said and turned towards Gunthran. "I must take my leave. If you need my assitance I will be on the West edge of the village."
    Marklin walked towards the exit and hesitated at the door. He looked back Keit and her strange wounds. "Something does not sit right with me about her wounds. Perhaps I will investigate this kill site further." He pulled up the hood on his cloak and walked out the door. In distance, Marklin heard the cry of an eagle and saw it's black form fly above his head. Little did he know, that it was only he who saw and heard the creature.

15. Keitsumah

Keitsumah; The Inn

Night descended, and Gunthran poured out the stew he had made from the deer Ardoway had borught down only at the beginning of the day. Glancing over at Kar while he tended Keitsumah's wounds, the elderly man's grey eyes flickered in the firelight. "I don't undertsand how ye coulda been hurt there, child. It's not like the souls of those who died would hate others of their own kind."

Ardoway looked up from where he leaned against the wall, clearly tired, "How's about we all get to bed and deal with it tomorrow?" he yawned, beckoning to Keitsumah. The girl slid gingerly off of the table and followed her brother upstairs, their feet making the boards creak before there was silence.

Something flickered and took form next to the fireplace, and a pale, four-tailed fox glanced around the room with glowing eyes. Before anyone could really be sure it was there -more than just a trick of the light- the being vanished.

May the denizens of the Ether guard your way . . . a voice whispered.

Batos; Mountains to Forest

The Shifters had soon made it across the mountains and as the moon reached its zenith, the wolves chose a clearing as their campsite.

Batos picked a place away from the others, but Bibindoe wouldn't leave him alone just yet.

"Tch -tired after today's run, brother?" the skinny wolf leered, and Batos's ears laid back.

"Not at all, brother. At least i don't look like i've been starved for my whole life -i can still count your ribs!" Batos replied cooly. Bibidnoe took the bait and snarled, pouncing on his twin. Batos rose up, flinging the smaller wolf away with a bat of his massive paw. His ice-blue eyes blazed as the two wolves locked gazes.

"Leave me alone. You know this is wrong." he growled

16. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Myrrhtide

"How's about we all get to bed and deal with it tomorrow?"

The entire time she was there, Myrrhtide's sharp yellow eyes darted around the room, from person to person, slyly acessing who was a threat. Finally, when she saw that no one meant to skin her alive, she calmed down enough to hear the question Ardoway had asked. "I can stay here?", Myrrhtide asked, squinting at the boy suspiciously. "It is warm here. I would not like to sleep in the cold outside. I wouldn't mind sleeping here." She walked up to Ardoway and leaned her face into his, taking a couple quick sniffs and giving him an intense, searching gaze. Her yellow eyes glimmered strangely in the flickering oven light. "I am Myrrhtide of the Hollowell Clan. My short name is 'Myrrh', if you want to know it."

17. Keitsumah

Keitsumah; The Inn

"Uhh, yeah. My name's Ardoway." he muttered, quirking an eyebrow at Myrrh and backing up a step warily, "Gunthran -you're the innkeeper, you show her how things are done." he said before darting up the stairs.

Gunthran sighed and glanced at the girl. "Ye can stay in one of the rooms upstairs -Ardoway and Keitsumah sleep in the attic, and I sleep in the room behind the counter so ye know where we are." Gunthran led Myrrh up to one of the rooms closer to the stairs and opened the door, waving her inside before shutting it and heading down as well to head to bed.

18. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Ignore

19. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"So Mira any ideas on were we are sleeping? Wallace asked

"Well I'm new in town and I don't have much for an inn, mind if we stay at your place?" Mira responded casually.

Wallace swallowed. He began to get nervous. "I don't have a place. Its my first day here." He bit his lip. "I'm sorry." He said his voice actually quite apologetic. He didn't want her to tell him to leave.

"well then outside it is then!" She turned around and marched right out of the village stoping just at the gate side. She then began to put up a tent diligently. "Hope you don't mind sleeping on the cold ground."

Wallace shook his head and then his jaw dropped. "Cold ground!" He shouted in surprise. He then gritted his teeth in frustration. "You're a girl! It pisses me off thinking about you being on a cold ground." (Anger levels at 15 percent...mad as the day is bright) Wallace started punching the nearest wall. He literally broke through the damn thing. He then breathes out a heavy sigh and turned towards Mira. "I've got an idea." He looked around to see if any blankets or soft surfaces were around. "You can sleep on me." He said innocently. Wallace was never the sharpest tool in the shed. Not exactly stupid but far from being a genius.

"Ha ha! Well at least you forth right about it." Mira said jokingly. "Now help me pitch this tent and don't worry I usually sleep on hard services."

Wallace blushed. He started to think about what he said. "Oh...I..I didn't mean it like that. That would just be gross." He said holding up his hands. "Dammit NO! It wouldn't be gross I'm sure you'd be great to sleep with." He paused for a moment after realizing what he just said. "DAMMIT NO!" He shouted. "I'm such a fucking idiot!" He punched the wall again. "Just forget I said anything. I just don't like the idea of a lady....even more so a lady like you sleeping on the ground. So I figured you could use me like a mattress." He finished and then started helping her with the tend.

"Ha Ha you're funny, are you trying to be on purpose because it's working." She laughed heartily as she put up the last of the tent. She looked at him a moment, suddenly curious. "So where are you from?"

Wallace gave a half smile. Funny huh? That's a new one. "I was raised by my parents in a small colony about 300 miles south of here or so. I've walked for awhile now I can't really remember how many times I stopped." He frowned. He didn't like bringing this part up but he did. "I sort of got kicked out of my home by the other villagers when my parents died." He gritted his teeth for a moment but his anger subsided.

"Why'd they kick you? If you don't mind me asking?"

Wallace coughed a bit before answering. "Said I was a shifter."

"Are you certain they weren't correct? You do look like one. And there is that temper of yours."

"I'm not a shifter....I'm human." Wallace said defensively but not in a harsh manner. He then began to get embarrassed at the mention of his temper. "I hate my stupid temper. It pisses me off."

"If you say so, Oh wish to find a real Shifter!" She exclaimed in an overly dramatic pose. "Humans are sooooo boring." Now she was just teasing him.

He looked quite nervous once she said that. He was never the best when it came to jokes. "Should I go?" He asked frowning. "I don't wish to bore you." He said his face neutral but his eyes clearly scared of what she would say.

She did something unexpected, she promptly flicked him in the nose. "You need to loosen up." Wallace winced when she but smiled. "Oh okay." He replied with a slight giggle. "You remind me of someone. A friend I used to have." He said as he stretched.

"Oh? was she prettier then me?" she teased laying down in the tent. Wallace actually looked thoughtful for a moment on that question. "She was nice like you. We used to play together."

Mira yawned, "You didn't answer the question little derp." She said lazily. Then with a smile added. "You don't have to answer that, I'm just teasing you.Cause you are really easy to tease." Wallace for once smiled like the devil he eyed Mira with an angry eye and lunged at her. Next thing Mira knew she was being viciously tickled. "Easy to tease huh! Just because I can't punch you doesn't mean I can't torture you!" He said as continued tickling. Wallace never hit girls so he found alternative methods to letting out frustration on them.

"Oh heavens no! *Pffft* Stop! Hahaha, no no no no" She squirmed around like a distressed caterpillar the attack so sudden she couldn't mount a proper defense, she was just a bundle of limbs flailing about helplessly. In the flurry of flailing arms and laughter Wallace let out an "Ooooph!" then bent over holding his groin, before falling to the ground.

"Oh dear." Mira said still chuckling, "I'm sorry, that, that wasn't on purpose, *Pffft* are you okay?"

Wallace squirmed away from Mira rolled on his back so he was looking up at the ceiling of the tent. He smiled at Mira. "If you were a guy I'd be stepping on your face now." He said with a laugh....he wasn't joking though. He sat up and looked at his new friend for a moment. "Before we go to bed. I'm inclined to ask this again. Do you want to use me as mattress?" He offered again as slumped back down and shut his eyes.

"You're so thick headed I think sleeping on the ground would feel softer." She scoffed lying down on a thin sheet, chuckling at her own joke. "Thanks, but think I'm okay. I think my journey just got a lot more interesting."

".....Zzzzz"

The speed at which she fell asleep was remarkable, a hint of how exhausted she truly had been and despite the hardship she was still smiling. She had done it, she had finally found a shifter peaceful enough to travel with her. Her dream was one step closer to being realized.

20. Keitsumah

Keitsumah; The Inn

Keitsumah woke up in the middle of the night, the soft glow of her necklace enough for her to see by as she slipped off of her cot and to the floor with a muted thump. Her eyes were glazed over in sleep as she opened them, and she stumbled a little s she made her way down the hall. Taking each step down to the main room carefully, the girl pulled on her cloak and a small flute that lay in its niche by the door.

The door creaked as she stepped outside into silence, the only sound other than her footsteps over the snow the faint whine of wind rushing through the holes in the flute that hung loosely in her hand.

Shapes emerged from the snow around her, eyes glowing as they writhed and bounded in a circle. They left no footprints, and no trace of their even existing, but faint whispers began to echo through the village:

Child of Sylthia, child of Damiir,
    Seek your path and hold your life dear.
    Life remains in the moon as it dies,
    sun rising and wings as they fly.

The faint glow of her necklace illuminated her shape as she stepped into the forest, the trees stretching higher and higher as the thread-thin crescent of the moon hung low in the sky.

21. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Myrrhtide

Myrrhtide slept on the floor by her door, she wasn't used to using a comfy mattress. She was also a very light sleeper, even the merest whisper could wake her. So when she heard the squeak of loorboards in the hall and the sound of the inn's front door open, Myrrhtide was on her feet as quick as lightning. She made her way to the window and stared out at Keitsumah, the bleeding girl, as she zombiewalked into the woods. Myrrhtide knew that walk far too well, it was the same walk as her father's, who had been kept in a trance by her witch mother's evil potions. "That girl is heading for trouble", Myrrhtide murmured, her yellow eyes gleaming as they reflected the moonlight.

After a moment's consideration, Myrrh pulle don her boots and strapped her double-bladed spear onto her back--she hadn't taken off her clothes whens he slept. Then she opened the door a crack and slid out--she never opened doors all the way--and looked for something that made the most noise. She found a collection of pots in the kitchen. This will do. Myrrhtide opened the cabinet and and swept all the pots and pans onto the floor. It made a tremendous clashing noise that would wake the dead.

Myrrhtide stood back in the corner and waited for everyone to arrive so she could tell them the news.

22. Keitsumah

Batos; Camp to Forest

He woke up when the moon was at its zenith. Confused, Batos yawned and tried to get back to sleep, but something irked him. Opening his eyes to slits, he felt something crawl along his spine -making him jolt as if struck by lightning.

Shifting into his wolf form, the prince eyed the other Shifters as they slept. They wouldn't miss him if he left for a few hours.

Son of Darkness son of Canus,
    seek your path and hold life dear.
    Pain is constant don't be afraid,
    life will return and the sun will stay.

The wolf loped through the woods, moonlight dappling his white fur a silvery-blue.

23. Love to Write

Marklin: Destiny Calls

Awaken. Awaken and follow.
    Your destiny lies with the child.

Marklin opened his eyes. The cold of the winter biting his exposed face and fingers. What child? Where?

Listen for the song of the flute.

Marklin sat up and listened closely. A few seconds later the sound of a flute drifted upon the wind and to his ears. And where will this destiny lead me if I choose to follow it.

A black eagle fluttered to a stop at the foot of his tent. It's eyes gleamed with amazing intellegence. Out of your despair...and out of your hate. To the dawn of a new life.
    Marklin glared at the eagle. My hate is all I have left.
    The eagle let out a sharp cry and took off into the night. Destiny calls you...out of despair, out of hate and into the dawn of a new life. One way or another you must answer.
    Marklin stared out of his tent and into the sky, at the bright cresent moon. The flute was louder now, closer. It wouldn't be long till it was gone. Finally the torn young man made his decision. He gathered his things and with barely a sound, marched through the snow towards the sound of the flute.
    If destiny calls, then I will follow. And perhaps, one day I can find my way back into the light.

24. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Perrin

Perrin found it hard to fall asleep when there was so many people around him. When he heard the light footsteps of Batos, he could no longer keep his curiosity in check. He slowly rose and started making his way through the maze of sleeping bodies. When he reached the utter ring of the camp, he had to stop for a moment to avoid being seen by the shifters on watch. Once inside the forest he was running. Part of his training as a scout was running without sound, he had been the top of his class. He soon caught up with the white wolf. Without a word he slowed his pace to walk beside him. If the prince didn't feel for telling him their destination, Perrin wouldn't ask. The only thing he wanted was the company of another shifter who hated hurting humans.

25. Keitsumah

Keitsumah; The Forest

Keitsumah halted at the edge of a clearing, swaying on her feet. Her eyes came into focus and she looked confused. How had she gotten here?

Child of Adaephus, seek the Child of Canus. a voice whispered in her mind, and she whirled around to see the snow-white fox staring at her, its four tails swishing through the air, "Wh-who are you?"

I am that has been, and shall be again. I am the life that was once lived, and the eighth to your nine. she replied, then faded away. Keitsumah shivered and clutched the necklace in her hands, its feeble glow leaking from between her fingers.

Pawsteps emanating from behind made her whirl around again, and her eyes widened as she saw two wolves emerge from the trees.

Batos; The Forest

The prince only acknowledged the scout with a faint nod, but as soon as he had come to a clearing and seen a girl he came to a dead halt, his hackles rising.

Son of Canus, seek the Daughter of Adeaphus. the prince dared not move despite the feeling that someone was whispering in his ear, his eyes were locked with that of the girl's. Alarm swept through both of them at the same time, and both human and wolf took a step back.

"This is bad . . . very, very bad . . ." he hissed.