The Tarnished City (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by halisme, Oct 29, 2015.

1. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Well, he technically still isn't. Marcus himself doesn't have a shred of magic in him. Henry's soul is just feeding off itself; it isn't natural magic, which is the reason for all the death imagery when he was using magic. Also, now that Henry has taken over, he's using up a ton more of his soul to remain alive. He only can appear for 3 hours before dying off(Bible allusion). Assuming this battle has been 30 minutes so far, his timer is going down really fast. He'll relinquish control to Marcus as soon as he feels it's safe, but Marcus is grieving at moment, so he'll have to stay put and use up most of his energy. The same time that Marcus loses his friends he will lose his enemy, and he'll suddenly be free of his past.

2. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Where is everyone?!

3. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Christmas period, I expect things to go back to normal in January.

4. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

I haven't been on as frequently as usual because of traveling. But I'm home now with my trusty laptop.

5. BrandonrockstheAM

Yup... went away for the holidays. Back now.

6. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

@Inks try not to kill any of us just yet. This group is far too fragile anyway

7. halisme

Perfect. Just the feeling I was going for.

8. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Is Mix that hard to read?

Halisme - You did not like Mix playing with Rundas that much, huh? I thought you were as bored as I was. Though I guess Mix did throw a wrench into your plan...

9. halisme

Whew! Now I might be able to do a bit more since the group now has the ring.

10. BrandonrockstheAM

Yay. So, could you explain what the ring does? What I'm getting from the description in the story is that when a relic is in their possession, Marcus can know what it is, why it's there, it's purpose, etc. Also, I'm getting that it can read hidden text that others can't see. Am I right? Missing anything?

11. halisme

Yep. If you go into a new area it also tell you he name of it as well.

12. BrandonrockstheAM

Cool. Merrique got the mark that gives her visions... Mix/Mixine got something that took away their 'curse' and magic with it... It's interesting.

13. halisme

I wanted a feeling like the entire city is a hostile place, meaning friendly NPCs have to be a rarity. So I have to get creative with story telling. Visions and cryptic descriptions help fill in the gap. Though there are at least two more friendly NPCs in the city, possibly more depending on actions.

14. Inks

Inks Senior Member

FYI: The matter of the "curse" was magic itself. Mixine is genuinely pleased to be rid of it and Mix is harder to read, but he is clearly furious over it. He is asking someone else for aid, this means he is exposing his weakness and he already has to suffer with Mixine's form. He dropped her gear unceremoniously and Mixine has taken a lot of emotional and physical damage - he's really at his limit keeping her body from outright collapsing.

Mix may put up a strong front, but Mixine's body is in dire need of medical attention and he cannot do anything at all in front of the others. Mix and Mixine are looking for water to bathe and apply medicine to the wounds. Hence Mixine's gasping for "Water" as she struggled in a muddled state. Mixine's medicine is extremely potent and some has to be prepared with water to be effective. Cold water or hot water, it does not matter, she is covered in sweat, blood and racked with pain. A cleansing spell from Vetiver would also destroy her gear for reasons alluded to before. In short, Mixine needs rest and Mix knows this.

15. BrandonrockstheAM

Alright... Well, maybe there's a lake/pond/other body of water in the forest. There are plenty of trees and shade to make comfortable places to lie in. If he can maybe convince someone to carry them there, that would work. Maybe Vetiver even.

Also, since no one's posted for a bit, I advanced the story a bit.

16. BrandonrockstheAM

This story is in danger of being archived... please post, people. They can all meet up at the courtyard, and Marcus and Mix can inform the others of the new info. Finally, our characters can meet up with Almathea, and maybe finally learn something about the city.

17. Inks

Inks Senior Member

Yeah not sure why people disappeared. Lost interest or something?

18. halisme

I've sent messages to both Erik and Bewitched asking them to post.

19. halisme

So, shall we continue with just Mix and Marcus, or leave it, as it's apparent that no one else is replying. Plus, I think the theme of isolation doesn't quite fit with RP's, which tend to be group event, and require some sort of guide to explain the world.

20. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

I'd like to continue, I just don't have anything too significant to do now until the story progresses, it's just a phase in the story where I don't have much to write.

21. Inks

Inks Senior Member

So, is that what the others think as well?

22. halisme

I don't know. They're yet to reply to me.

23. BrandonrockstheAM

Alright... I guess that works. Small party of just Marcus, Mix, and Jade... ah well.