The Type of Characters You Do not Take Too

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Cacian, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassiopeia Phoenix

Cassiopeia Phoenix New Member

Me too. I have the need of writing a novel where the villain is the main character. A good idea never came around, sadly, but... The dark side of the force is compelling, what can I say?

Also, Darth Vader has to be my favourite character of all favourite characters.

I tend to cheer (and like, love, root) for the villains, and it's common for me to hear from my friends: "But he's the bad guy!" Are they trying to make a point? Because I don't see one.

2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I love rouge characters myself. Characters that just don't care about anything, but has a heart somewhere.

Anywhoo, another character type I don't care for?

Um...

"Forsooth! This babe has been blessed by the goddesses for legend and glory! Yea, he shall be the hero of all! Lo, let us all sing for this babe!!"

Basically, someone who is born a 'Chosen One', when he/she hasn't done anything to prove that title. Worse, everyone already worships the baby even though all it does it eat, sleep, and mess its diapers. To me, this character reeks of arrogance.

3. Cassiopeia Phoenix

Cassiopeia Phoenix New Member

Cheeky girls or women which at least two characters fall deeply in love for without an actual reason rather than the women or girl being... Gee, I don't even know. A cheeky female who just nags and actually doesn't do anything?
    Maybe that's because I think sometimes these characters have to stop nagging and waiting for their 2+ slaves to do something for them? Or perhaps... Doing something on their own? Existing on the story and having an importance rather than being the love interest of two characters?

4. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

Oh, I don't know. I think the last rouge character I liked was the lead in the Guy Fawkes. Granted, that was a mask, not dusting powder and rouge, but you get my point.

Personally, I can't wear rouge, I'm an 'autumn.'

Of course, there is a possibility you meant 'rogue characters,' in which case, never mind. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.