The Unnatural Horror

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by TheApprentice, Mar 16, 2016.

1. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

@Darth 2.0
    @mmarage
    @anyone.else.who.gives.a.fuck

To quote the game rules:
    That includes delivering vases to the back of a character's head, without the writer's permission. And responding with a tornado (which was also an auto-hit, by the way) probably wasn't the wisest choice. The issue should have been brought to the discussion thread instead of responsing in-game.

So, now what? Do we edit or just go with it? I, for one, would prefer not to go along with it because it's not something my characters would have allowed to happen, so "going along with it" would be out of character. But editing would require multiple posters to change their posts and that's too much of a pain in the ass. It's up to the GM either way.

Regardless of what @TheApprentice chooses, could we please get this story back on track? I know this RP has sort of a dark comedy vibe going on, but it seems like some of the stuff that has happened lately is just ridiculous and is completely stcrewing up the tone of the story.

In other words, does anyone even give a damn anymore, or is it just "post whatever the fuck you want?" Serious question, by the way.

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Okay first off, I shouldn't have allowed this to happen last night. It really has screwed things up, anonymouse is right.

So @mmarage, please edit the auto hit out of your post. In all fairness, it was against the rules.

@Darth2.0 Listen, you have been messing with the plot and also breaking the rules since the start. Stop making up things in the plot that didn't happen or making things up about the lore. Stop controlling other characters and auto hitting. As part of the lore of the setting, magic eventually drives a mage insane, so we can use that to work with a few of the posts you already made.
    Anyway, I will give you another chance. You can't edit yet, so we will need to ignore or work with your recent posts. Any more of these shenanigans, and I will kick your from the rp.

3. Nidhogg

Nidhogg Member

I hope this profile works alright. Also, as far as the support section goes, is this just for extra skills in general, or is there a list somewhere of the available support options?

Name: Newton 'Newt' Biltz

Appearance: A short, stout individual with a receding hairline. Newt looked rather sickly even before he became a mage, and the role's effects to his complexion have only increased this effect. His eyes are beady and have a tendency to avoid eye contact when possible. Newt's attire consists of multiple layers of clothing, thick gloves and heavy boots, making it look almost as if he's in a cocoon of clothes.

Personality: Newt is no stranger to cultists and other odd company- he spent his childhood in a new-age Christian sect, where he grew up isolated from children his age and force fed cultist ideology. Whilst he rarely delves into the process by which he learnt of magic or how he was ripped out of this cultist mindset, Newt is known to have entered his adulthood with a poor grasp of what is real, as well as a desire to return to a community where he could feel at home. Newt is rather awkward around people and prefers to keep his thoughts to himself, only speaking when he feels it is absolutely necessary to do so- regardless as to if he is involved in a conversation at the time or not. His skittish nature is accompanied by a zero-response rate to death or gore, which is likely due to his delving into necromancy. Newt isn't a massive fan of necromancy, but finds himself unfortunately (in his eyes) capable of utilizing it. Instead, he prefers to try and make enchanted items that can be used when needed, but they tend to have a habit of not working as planned.

Organisation: R.O.S.E

5 points allocation
    Magic:
    +2 soul
    +2 enchantment
    Support:
    +1 Biology

Additional language: German

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  4. TheApprentice

Accepted

5. TheApprentice

Also support options can be anything that is not magic or combat related

6. TheApprentice

Oh and fyi everyone is allowed fluency in one language that is not English, no skill points necessary. More than that costs points

7. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I do apologize for everything. To be fair though, I did write that post in jest and showed it to the rest of the group just for the fun of it, and App told me to post it. In my sleep deprived state, I said "Fuck it" and posted it. I will edit it soon. But uh... just the auto-hit?

8. TheApprentice

Due to her inability to edit posts older than thirty minutes, we are going along with her character being driven insane by magic.

9. Nidhogg

Nidhogg Member

Sorry if this is a daft question, but would anyone be able to give me a summary of the current events? I'm just wondering how to tie Newt into what's currently happening in the plot.

10. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

@Nidhogg

Maniacles send mercenaries (Not all of them necessarily from Maniacles) to an abandoned village to retrieve certain magical artifact.
    Team is caught and thrown into a storehouse. They would escape eventually.
    Team plans to raid the storehouse and church in seek of the artifact. They decide to have a distraction team and infiltration team. Joe wants to go to the church on his own.
    During the course several characters had joined the team.

TheApprentice (GM) is being a piece of crap

In my last post Aeon threw a tree against the guards outside the storehouses, providing a very noisy distraction

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Nidhogg likes this.
  11. Darth 2.0

Darth 2.0 Member

Sorry for breaking the rules. I'll reform my character and be on the side of the Maniacals and R.O.S.E.

The only reason I took the side of the opposition was because it might make for a better story line. I was wrong. I'm on your side now.

12. lixAxil

Well, according to boss, you can play as an enemy character.... is just that keep it with the rules.
    And if you want to autohit someone, talk to that person previously

13. lixAxil

@Darth 2.0 Also, please refrain to write OOC comments in the main game thread, that's what the discussion thread is for.

14. mmarage

Plus... it's not your call whether or not something is "Empty" or not, it is the GM's.

15. TheApprentice

Darth, you continue to make the same mistakes and fail to realize what you were doing wrong. You're out of the rp. I would recommend a place like roleplayerguild or rpnation. There are a lot of quick beginners RPs there where you can learn proper etiquette. Perhaps at a later point I will accept you back into this rp or future RPs of mine, but for now your just screwing it up.

16. Darth 2.0

Darth 2.0 Member

I know. I was frustrated. It won't happen again.

Come on, please? Please? If you boot me now, you'll be booting me out of the one RPG I most want to participate in. And, it's not like I haven't been in RPG's before. I may not have played under the Darth name, but I've been in other RPG's in this very forum under a different name without ruffling feathers and getting banned.

You, of all people, are one of the writers here I respect and admire most. And I'm not just saying that to K.Y.A. I mean that. And I want to show you that I can be a valuable player, someone who can bring fresh ideas to the story line. I want to prove to you that I deserve another chance. Please allow me that much and I will ABSOLUTELY NOT break the rules again (or disrespect you in any way, shape, or form).

17. lixAxil

You respect and admire App? Something's wrong with you

18. Darth 2.0

Darth 2.0 Member

Come on, he's not that bad, is he?

And, no offense, but if he really is, why did you agree to join his game?

19. mmarage

We're friends, we just tend to tease him a lot.

Look, Darth, we're fine with you playing a bad guy, that's fine. But since App does have certain plans for the RP you do need to go through him before you make lore changing decisions, because at the end of the day he's the one that's in control of the enemies and the events that take place in the RP, and before you go ahead and implement them. Furthermore, if you plan on doing something with a character, ensure that they're actually doing the action that you need them to do in order to make your post make sense, or better yet, PM them so then you can do a cooperative post with that person so then there isn't any confusion or mistakes. (Also, don't just arbitrarily give your character powers that they don't have unless it can be explained.)

20. Darth 2.0

Darth 2.0 Member

Okay. I can do that. But he's yet to return and I've yet to be given an answer as to whether or not he's going to give me another chance. As it stands, I'm banned from the game.

21. Darth 2.0

Darth 2.0 Member

"We're friends, we just tend to tease him a lot."

So when lilAxil called App a retarded faggot he was just teasing? And that was okay?

Because he's your friend?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  22. mmarage

Trust me, this is just the way they speak to each other. XD

23. Darth 2.0

Darth 2.0 Member

So laid back, yet SO UPTIGHT about ME?

Makes no sense when you put it in perspective. Just saying.

24. mmarage

Because you're a stranger, and they're friends.

25. Darth 2.0

Darth 2.0 Member

They're friends. And you're friends with them. So you have influence, too. Put in a good word for me if you PM them, would you?