The wenig Mystery

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Earl parked his pickup across the street from the creek and sipped his coffee. He watched all the kids slowly climbed the fence, just as he did everyday. When the last child disappeared over the hill, he tossed his empty cup out the window and drove off.

2. Bick

Bick New Member

Sheriff's Post

Dave unlocked the door, juggling the foil-covered baked goods in his hand as he opened the door. He gave her a wink, and tossed one of them on the desk.

“From the wife.” He said, “Banana nut.” He went for his desk in the other room, leaving his door wide open.

“I need you to do a few errands for me this morning.” He yelled through the door, as she sat down in her desk in the front. She got up, and leaned against his doorframe, waiting for her orders of the day.

“First order of business.” He said, “You look like you need some fun.”

She gave him a dirty look.

“Clean out the evidence room, I'm sure it's dusty. Then go get yourself something sweet at the diner.” He tossed her a few dollars and motioned for her to leave. She looked at surprised and walked from his door.

He took out his paper and looked at the report. He furrowed his brow and sighed. Another noise complaint on his own deputy. He tossed it into his desk, and continued to look through his files.

Reports of missing items filled the stack. Money mostly. No banks, so money was usually kept around the house. The ride to the Montgomery bank was just too much. Money was something that people around there couldn’t afford, and he knew that. He had no suspects.

Who is stealing the money and why?

3. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

*****All Citizens Of Wenig Please Check The Rpg Discussion Board!*******

4. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

Awake--Lucio

Lu didn't keep an alarm clock like most people. In fact, there were very few things he did like most. People were trite facts that he had to live with from day to day. No, instead of alarm clocks and loud noises, it was the light of the sun sneaking in through the tiny space between his heavy blackout shades and the window sill that was just right so that it fell across his eyes.

With a mighty yawn, much like a bear awaking from his slumber, Lu rose from the couch he had fallen asleep on, blinked twice, and ran his fingers through his long hair. The computer on the small coffee table in front of him stared back at him blankly. For a moment, Lu simply sat an processed the information his surroundings were giving him. Then, with a might scream, Lu jumped to his feet. In a fit of creativity the previous night, he had spent hours writing the basis for his next book. He must've fallen asleep and accidentally shut the thing off somehow.

Shaking an angry fist and a Garfield coffee mug at the heavens, Lu sank back onto the brown couch and brooded at machine. For all the money it cost and convenience it was beginning to sacrifice, a person computer was sure an unstable thing.

Sighing, Lu got up from the couch once more and strode out his front door to take in the morning air. His Golden Retriever, Pilot, greeted him with a wagging tail, completely oblivious to the nights work that had been lost. Lu scratched the dog's ears and took a sip of nothing from the empty mug.

"Its going to be one of those days Pilot. I can feel it," he said in a British accent.

The dog looked up at him and whined with a sardonic look in its eyes, as if to say, "Its always one of those days Lu. Always."

After several minutes had passed, Lu stepped back into the small but compact house and rummaged around for a pair of pants. He slipped on the dark jeans and a pair of black tennis shoes and headed to the kitchen, wearing the same white button-up shirt he had the day before. After a moment of searching the cabinets, he slammed all the doors shut and stalked out the front door once more, empty coffee mug in hand. He muttered something arbitrary about modern convenience as he walked off down the road towards town, Pilot following close behind.

5. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Kip sat cross-legged on his kitchen counter beside that piece-of-crap stove of his. A once-shiny metal pot rested on the only working burner, three big, tan eggs floating in hot, bubbly water. Kip always bought tan eggs - they looked cooler.

The scrawny young man flipped through his copy of Lord of the Flies. He'd heard it was a great book, all full of symbolism and whatnot. He liked it, sure, but he couldn't quite catch any of the "symbolism". Maybe because he skipped over all the long, unnecissary descriptions of stuff.

"Like icing on a pink cake."

Huh.

Were they gay or just British?

Kip yawned, glancing down at the boiling pot beside him. The eggs were done, right?

Folding down the corner of the page, Kip shut the book and switched off the stove. He used a pair of spoons to fish the eggs out of the pot and dumped them into a bowl. After waiting a moment for them to cool down, he peeled one and ripped it in half. It was about halfway cooked - the white stuff was solid, but the middle was still runny and stuff. Kip tossed the eggs into the trash and put the bowl back into the cupboard. He didn't like eggs, anyway.

He ran a hand through his shaggy, strawberry-blonde hair, gracelessly untangling his fingers as he headed for the door. Kip didn't own a clock, but he figured he would kind of be on time for work if he left right away. He stopped at the door to pull on his ratty, steel-toed workboots and stepped outside.

He stopped for a moment to look over the blue-and-rust pickup parked in front of his house. It wouldn't hurt to drive in to work today. No, wait, the keys were on the kicten table. Or on his nightstand. Or something. Oh well.

With a painfully unsexy yawn, Kip started down the road towards the Dairy. Another day of milky, cowy goodness. Yay?

6. Darkthought

A Quest for Coffee--Lu

The small bell on the door jingled as Lu strolled into the small shop with Pilot close behind. He was greeted with a smile and a nod from the shopkeep, Jack.

"Good morning Mr.Eisenhart," said Jack with a grin full of teeth.

"Is it?" asked Lu as he made his way to the area where the coffee was kept. "I hadn't noticed."

The shopkeep laughed awkwardly at the reply. "Didn't hear your car pull in this mornin'."

"I walked," said Lu as he ambled up to the counter with his empty Garfield mug and the big brown coffee can he had chosen. "I can't drive without coffee."

Jack shook his head as he rung up the coffee on the old cash register. "Two dollars even."

Lu rummaged around in his pocket for a couple of crumpled up ones and threw them down on the counter, giving Jack a less than genuine smile as he left the store with Pilot still close behind.

7. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Aly grunted as she pulled herself off the chair and went to the closet. Instead of humming or whistling, she grumbled as she worked - she wasn't angry, exactly, and she wasn't in a particularly horrid mood either. She was used to working, but she always grumbled when she cleaned about everything she hated.
    "I hate the stupid fact that we had no milk this morning." Granted, the sheriff's wife had cooked an excellent breakfast, and the sheriff had brought some to her, but she wanted cereal.
    "I hate that nothing ever happens in this god-forsaken town."
    "I hate that kid Rodd Owens. I hate Natalie Gerarea and how she calls me a boy. I hate that I don't have a mom to teach me to be a girl." Here she stopped. She felt a sudden pain of actual sadness, and she brushed it off and stopped listing. She gave the closet a sweep as a finishing touch, and headed out.
    "I love that the sheriff is making me go for sugar."

8. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

Kevin sat at his desk, fiddling with a toothpick in his mouth, just another day at the office. He had his feet hiked up on the table, anyone who came into his office would know he was a detective, not only because of his outrageously cocky behiour but the civilian clothing and of course the badge which Kev made sure was always visible. Somebody knocked on his door.

"Yeah." the door creaked open,

"Jeez Kev, how do you live in this place?" said an officer. The truth was that Kev's office was an old storage closet and the reason he hiked up his boots was because there wasnt enough foot space.

"Hey, important cases get solved in here." snapped Kevin.

"Like the mystery of the missing Ferreira file in the drawer?"

"What?"

"You got a phone call?" Kev manouvered himself out of the small enclosure he called an office, and made his way into the main office. He picked up a reciever,

"Maverick."

"Kevin it's me."

"Sheriff! What crackpot case have you got for me this time. No more animal cases! I'm done being your Ace Ventura."

"This is serious. Some money was stolen here and i think i need your help."

"You got it. I'll be on my way." He hung up the phone and looked at the operator, "Big case coming up." He pulled the collars of his tardy leather jacket,"Hold all my calls."

9. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

No one had bothered to step in the diner yet. The cook was humming 'Ol' McDonald' while the door was moaning as the wind blew against it. It seemed like she had been sitting waiting int he diner for ages.

"Madame Moiselle, how long will you keep your beauty hidden frum me?"

Shaniz's jaw dropped down as she concealed herself, though she was pretty covered already. She then gritted her teeth as the man came into the light of the front desk.

"Panyos! You...you...get the hell outta here!"
    She screamed kicking his front jaw defensively, at which he giggled and then took a seat.

"No customers?"

"Nopes. How's your job going?"

"No customers."

Shaniz smiled and then pulled her cowgirl hat over her face.

"I think I'll drowse off to sleep."

"Naw, you just need a customer and you'll be up like a stick."

Panyos then turned around as someone came throguh the diner.

"See, I'm good omen."

He giggled as Shaniz threw the hat away.

10. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    post three the Sheriff's department

Surreal gave Rocky a half hearted smile and finished her toast and then downed her orange juice. She put a hand to her mouth as her teeth ached from the cold substance.

“So rocky how‘s work been,” she said after she had finished.

“Slow,” he said.

She nodded her head and for a moment chewed her lip. “You know what small towns are like.”

"You know, I'm tired of this small town. Nothing ever happens! Yeah, we have a dairy that needs have it's tri-yearly check up. We have great fishing. With all those huge Bass people have been catching. But where are my real stories? Why can't anything ever happen in this town?" he demanded.

She could help but smile, Rocky became so animated when he was frustrated. She understood what he meant. The same applied to police work in the town. There was barely anything worthy of being called true policing. A few shop lifts hear and there by the young folk, speeding drinking. It was all so dreary. She looked down at her watch and stood with a start.

“S*** I‘m late for work. Thanks for breakfast and all but I gotta run.”

Surreal said her goodbyes and hurried out the door to her Plymouth.

As Surreal entered the police station the sheriff looked up at her and Surreal Grimaced slipping into her seat.

“Sorry I‘m late boss,” she said taking on a more professional tone of voice.

She sighed the working world wasn’t as enjoyable as the world she had with her best friend. She could do what she did and not be frowned upon by him. Rocky wouldn’t have cared if she was purple with green pock dots. Here she had to watch herself and show these people that she could be like them. A punk joining the police department it was ridiculous. She’d been ridiculed for it before. Other’s, her own kind shunned her. She was doing the one thing they were against regulation a formal world, studded with the propaganda of old folk and their musty old rules. Couldn’t they see that was why she was there, to give her generation what they needed a person they could understand. The law enforcement system needed people like her.

11. Bick

Bick New Member

Question:
    Who is stealing the money?​

Rules

• You have 24 hours after this post to PM me, to tell me who you think the person is that stole the money.
    • Wait for my reply to your PM.(I should get back to you pretty quickly.)
    • You must post within the 24 hours. The post will show you somehow managing to search the guilty party. End your post just short of finding out whether the person you chose had the money.
    • Once the time is over, I will announce the winner, and make the finishing post, to said person(s) post.
    • For everyone else, you may finish your own post, or you can just leave it there and begin elsewhere. Do as you will.
    • The winner(s) will receive an important advantage later on in the game.

Other Stuff

• You may choose ANYONE as the guilty party. This includes non-playable characters and all playable characters. (Not Jeeves ;))
    • If two or more people pick the same person, they should make the post together. One word: Communication. (This might add to waiting for my PM, as I'd have to wait to know if anyone else picks that person.)
    • If you pick someone that is a playable character, contact them so you can set up the post.

Last but not least….

Clues
    • The person that stole the money is use to having a lot of small bills.
    • The person that stole the money has a reason to talk to most of the town members.
    • The person that stole the money would keep the money on them.
    • The person that stole the money is a citizen of Wenig.

If you have any questions, ask in the discussion board, or PM me or Rumo.

12. Darkthought

A Quest for Food--Lu

After Lu had at last arrived at his quiet little house, he started up the coffee pot and began searching through the cabinets for some food. There was a box of old cereal, some old bread...old, old, old.

"Well...can't be creative on this kind of diet can we Pilot?"

The dog offered an odd noise equivalent to the onomatopoeia, "Roo".

Lu nodded his head. "You're probably right as usual. Besides, its been a while since we have been to the diner."

Lu poured some coffee into his Garfield mug and set off to the garage, raising the door and letting the light shine in on his shiny black Porsche 911 Turbo. Even he could not help but smile at the creature.

A short while later, he and Pilot were pulling into the diner. It seemed to have a downtrodden air about it, much like everything else in the town. Sometimes Lu wondered why he picked this place.

Another jingle greeted him as he entered the place without so much as a word. Pilot followed close behind and jumped up in the booth seat opposite of Lu as he sat back and waited for someone to take his order.

13. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

Kev never liked going to Wenig, it was too small, gave him a weird kind of claustrophobia. HE was a city detective, why was he even taking the time to find some stolen money in some rural outpost?

He had decided to drive the police car down there for fear his precious Mitsubishi Evo II would get stolen or wrecked. He took an exit off the freeway he was driving on and watched the magnificent Montgomery skyline disappear in his rearview.

He travelled on a very straight road for at least an hour and a half before seeing, WELCOME TO WENIG. If it wasn't for the fact that he and the Sherrif go way back, he'd be in his closet...office, waiting for a homicide.

He pulled into the main street of the little town and parked outside a diner. The people walking on the sidewalk eyed him curiously as he exited the vehicle, Yeah that's right, Montgomery PD.

He entered the diner and saw a man in a cubicle with his dog. This Place is too weird.

"Latte," he said as he sat down at the counter.

"Latte?" came the reply. This backward place

"Coffee."

14. Bick

Bick New Member

Sheriff Post

David sat back at his desk, as he finished sliding the reports into his folder. He slider them under his arm, and walked from his office. He looked over at Surreal and motioned for her to follow him. He stopped at the front door, letting the cool conditioned air out into the hot summer day.

“Surreal. We’ve got a problem, money is being taken all over town.” He said looking at her, as he took out a cigarette.

“A lot?” she asked.

He lit his cigarette, holding it in between his two fingers.

“A fair amount, copies of the files are on my desk if you’d like to see.” He inhaled, letting the smoke out slowly, as he closed the door.

“Anything you need me to do?” she said, as she stepping out, following him as he slowly walked down the road.

“Keep shop. I’ve got some errands to run. I gave Aly a little time off for some Ice Cream at the diner, don’t stop her.” He walked off without much word, as she ran to make a call.

He walked down the street, the sun warming his once cool skin. There weren’t many people on the street, which didn’t surprise him. It was around noon but hey, it was summer. Time for the kids and the young adults to sleep in. Though he highly suspected they were more then likely at lunch. He stopped in front of the Mechanic shop. He nodded his head at the gas station tender and walked into the shop.

He was greeted with the friendly face of Harry. He gave him a wink, and quickly put his cigarette out.

“Afternoon Harry.”

“Afternoon David, what can I do for you?”

He took out a sheet of paper from his folder, it had the dairy symbol embroidered at the top.

“I’m sure you know it’s time for the dairies checkup.” He said, as he handed him the paper.

The mechanic nodded, and began to read it over.

“They’ll pay you the normal, they’ll need the extra hands for a few days.” Said Dave.

“Sure thing.” He said, “I’ll head out right now.” They both walked from the Mechanics shop. He watched as Harry changed the sign around, and locked the garage doors. He headed out to finish his errands.

15. Bick

Bick New Member

Rocky watched as she left and gave a sigh, putting the plates in the sink. He quickly rinsed them, and laid them out to dry as his little sisters ran down the steps. He heard as the twins noisily ran down the steps. They quickly jumped on his legs, hugging them with tight squeezes. He laughed, and lifted May up. She gave him a kiss on the cheek, as he put her down, and grabbed Andrea. She in turn kissed him on the cheek, and ran to their plates at the table. He winked at them, as they began to eat.

He grabbed two glasses from the cupboard, putting them in front of their plates. He took the milk from the fridge, and filled their glasses halfway.

“I’ve got some writing to do. I need to get that paper out in an hour.” He said, patting Andrea on the head as she grabbed her glass of milk.

“See you Rocky!” they said in unison, as he walked up the stairwell. He closed the door to his room, and sat in front of his computer. It was a simple one, set up to the powerful printer the town had bought just for the paper. He filled the print up with the sheets. It was a simple one sheeted newspaper that he tried to get out at least 5 times a week. The Daily Wenig he had named it. He had been writing it for over 3 years now, but he knew he wanted more.

He turned the computer screen on, and opened the document. He had to hurry and write something, whether it meant nothing special for the towns people to read. All he had was the on-going vandalizing of the schoolhouse, but he was pretty sure that was only some kids doing dares. They never did anything too bad. Then there was the even more uneventful topic of the dairy checkup. He sighed and began to type.

It’s a beautiful summer morning as I write today’s paper. I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful day. The breeze is gentle, taking away from the 100 degree temperatures….

He stopped short as his phone gave a ring. He picked up the receiver in a quick fashion, in attempt to get it before his father did. The voice on the other line gave him a smile. It was Surreal, and she had some information for him. He grinned widely as he wrote out everything she told him.

16. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Kip blinked, snapping out of a daydream. That's right - today was inspection day. He still wasn't too sure what that meant, but he figured he'd better get back to...what was he doing, again?

Oh, right.

He proceeded to dump the cow's food into the giant dish-thingie near the milking-thingie (couldn't remember what anything was called for the life of him). Now that he thought about it, Kip realized he wasn't too sure what it was they were feeding these things.

Hm. Looked like hay and oats and...stuff. Kip was tempted to try a little himself, but didn't. What if this was all part of some top-secret government experiment, and there was, like, radioactive shxt in there. That would be bad.

17. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Lonny sat cross-legged on the curb outside the general store, gnawing absently at the top of a glass coke bottle. He could see perfectly - it must've been bright on the other side of those unnecissarily thick shades of his.

The 16-year-old twirled a strand of long, electric blue hair around his finger. He'd re-dyed it about three times that month out of boredom. Maybe he was just being paranoid, but Lonny coulda sworn it was starting to get kinda dry and crusty. Can too much dye make your hair fall out?

God, he was bored. Nothing to do, and no one to do it with. Everyone in his age group was either down by the creek or hiding out in their nice, air-conditioned homes. Lonny couldn't swim worth crap, and stupid Sarah always had to have all her stupid little friends over to do stupid 5th-grader stuff. He almost wished school would start up again, at least then he'd have stuff to do.

Someone drove by in a Montgomery Police car. Weird.

Lonny watched the thing cruise down the street and disappear around the corner. Probably heading for the diner - that was the only thing down there. He stood and started in that direction, because...well, why not?

He approached the diner with his hands stuffed into his pockets, sucking on the end of the empty coke bottle, 3/4 of his face covered by his wide sunglasses and long bangs. The car was parked right in front, and when he looked in the window Lonny saw the unfamiliar man almost instantly.

Ooh, look - he's from civilization! I wonder if he's ever been to a "supermarket". Maybe he's seen the inside of a "bus". [/sarcasm]

Lonny considered going inside and saying hello, but didn't feel like it. Instead, he chewed gently on the end of his coke bottle and headed to the sheriff's station. Wenig wasn't a popular vacation spot for city cops - someone there would tell him what was up.

Well, not really, but he could probably squeeze something out of that little girl. Maybe.

18. Bick

Bick New Member

Game Suspended
    until June the 26th at noon my time.

A lot of RPGs are starting this week, and it will add time to those in multiple RPGs as well as give you all time to guess for the Question Mission.

This means no posts until the given date, though post on the discussion board all you want. You can work on posts for missions if they were given to you of course, but wait to post them until the given date.

Please get your votes in by the given date. :) So I can tell you if you have a partner.

LoveandHugs

-Bick

19. Salinye

Salinye New Member

**I know posts are suspended. Bick asked me to put my profile up. **

Character Profile:

Name: Madeline Monroe Cooper
    Nickname: Maddy
    Appearance: 5’3”, slim, but with the extra curves that come with age and being a mom. She’s got raven black hair with a natural wave in it that give it that just out of bed tousled look all the time. She doesn’t wear much makeup. She was probably a looker in her younger days and while she’s not unkind on the eyes, she’s no bombshell anymore, either. She has pale blue eyes and a friendly smile.

General Attire: Maddy can almost always be found in a t-shirt and jeans. She knows she runs a store and should probably dress up, but she just can’t be bothered. In an attempt to keep up with the trends she bought a pair of acid washed jeans that she tends to favor. (OH YEAH GOTTA LOVE THE 80’s!)

Personality: She’s a town staple and is known to have a quick sassy tongue, but also a kind heart. Most people are fond of her. She almost always wears a smile, but there is a sadness behind her eyes since her husband passed 4 years ago. She wears her smile like a protective shield and puts on a good face for her children’s sake.

Family: Her late husband’s name was Frank Cooper the 2nd. She has a 17 year old son named Frank Jenson the 3rd and everyone just calls him Coop. She has a 10 year old daughter named Emma Jane.

Job: She owns and runs Cooper’s Supply Store.

Brief History: Maddy and Frank were sworn enemies all through gradeschool. Somehow shortly before their Senior year they fell in love and had a small town storybook romance every since. They had 2 children and 4 years ago Frank was killed in a drunk driving accident. The drunk driver was not a local and the incident was BIG news for this little town. Everyone rallied around to support the family. Coop, the couple’s oldest son really stepped up to the plate when his father died. He works in the family store every day and helps take care of Emma. Emma is with her mom at the store most days as well.

Sub-Character Profile

Name: Frank Cooper (Coop)
    Relation: Son
    Description: 17 years old, typical teenager who had to grow up a little too fast.
    Brief History:

Name: Emma Cooper
    Relation: Daughter
    Description: 10 years old. Sassy like her mom.

1 person likes this.
  20. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

The guest at the diner was none other than Panyos's boss.
    "PANYOS!!!"
    His voice could be heard a miler away. Shaniz acted oblivious towards her brother who was trying to hide under her desk.
    "You're supposed to be at work, you stupid cleaner."
    He sulked, and started walking out the diner. Shaniz grinned. He was one stupid guy.

Panyos started walking towards the barn where he was going to clean. His boss was singing lullabies of the stupidest kind, at which Panyos groaned and looked across the road.
    "You know something, Panyos?"
    "Yuh?"
    "I heard there's been a great amount of money robbery round the city. The sheriff is searching for the person, ya know. A great mystery for us all."

Panyos nodded and started thinking over the matter.
    "You useless punk might as well help. Huh! You know nothing else anyway."
    Panyos looked away and started trotting off track.
    "Where are you going?"
    "Shaniz told me about this earlier. Maybe, if I just followed her opinions..."
    His voice trailed off. Shaniz was always the smarter, detective kind. She had discussed Dr. Dill's robbery with him, and was discussing the possibilities.
    "Just let the sheriff offer...and then it's square. I know who's done it all."
    Panyos was interested in some jack, and especially wanted to prove himself to his boss. For once, he might have been successful.

"Hello!"
    He bellowed from behind the deputy, who turned around with a flashy makeup all over.
    "Here's a little something I wanted to ask."
    He stopped as he parked in front of the deputy.

21. Bick

Bick New Member

The End

Sorry folks, but there isn’t enough activity from all the members. Which is understanding as all these RPGs started at once, and others have good reasons for not being active. So, I apologize for all those that put in some great effort. I will try and recycle the idea later on this year. Hope to see you all around.

Loveandhugs

Bick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.