The "What Does Your Account Name Mean" Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Scarecrow28, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Alex_Hartman

Alex_Hartman New Member

Alex Hartman is my one and only main character without a story at the moment. I feel bad for her. Also, this is the best name I've ever invented. For some reason I love the name Alex (this was further proved when I found some writing from 5th grade and the MC's name was Alexa =D). Also, this is the only character (other than relatives) that actually has a last name. I haven't found any that fit for the rest of my cast. Hartman is growing on me. It was an okay name when I found it, but as I try to write more about her, the name fits better and better.

2. The Bard of Wigan

The Bard of Wigan New Member

Erm . . . . . . . . . . . . !! :)

3. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I did! :D The gilmore girl's Rory is one of two main characters on the show,Lorelei and Rory, a mother-daughter pair who are shockingly close and it follows Rory from freshman in high school until she graduates college. Rory's real name is Lorelei, like her mother and great grandmother, because Lorelei thought it wasn't fair that only guys named their children after themselves.

Of course, you probably had no interest in any of that, but it's my favorite show and you're probably lucky I didn't outline the entire major plot for you.

[​IMG]

Rory at the end of the show.

[​IMG]

Rory at the start of the show, with on-screen boyfriend, Dean.

Obsession over. :) sorry.

4. Michel Zhivago

Michel Zhivago New Member

I watch barely any television these days, to be honest, but I did get into Gilmore Girls in the last couple of weeks before I left for university. It's a pretty good show.

P.S. Would I be defecating on your raspberries to point out the amount of retouching on those two photos? :p

5. HKB

HKB New Member

My initials. My first name is Hayley.

6. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

On another forum my sister had her name as word weaver, and I was super jealous because I thought it was clever. So I tried to play off of that, but now I wished Ipicked something more feminine.....

Word woman perhaps? lmao

7. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood New Member

Monkey Island.
    One of the greatest games on Earth.

8. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

My Hebrew name is Rachel, so I adopted it as a Japanese name when I studied the language. In Japanese, it's Reichieru. That's what I used on another site for a while, but everyone called me Rei, which is a Japanese name, so I switched it to Rei.

9. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Mine is my surname, nothing too adventurous, and regrettably nothing to do with Zelda!

10. tehuti88

tehuti88 New Member

Tehuti = Thoth, the Egyptian god of writing, plus his sacred number, eight, twice (because it sounds better and the names "tehuti" and "tehuti_8" were already taken at Yahoo! years ago when I tried to sign up).

Nowadays I don't even bother to see if the name "tehuti" is free before signing up places, I just stick the eights on automatically.

11. rory

rory Active Member

Yes, it is the board that kills the pocket book. One day I will own my own land and never pay board again! But I've only ever gotten to muck a stall for a horse that expensive. Now I'm jealous. :p

LOL, Emily! I figured someone must watch it and love it because as far as I know, that show has been around for ages. Didn't know the girl's name was actually Lorelei. That's really pretty.
    I knew a girl from Ireland who was convinced my horse was a gelding because "Rory" is typically a male name there.

Aww. I was so sure it was too. I heart those games. I still have a few oldies for Nintendo 64 that I love.

12. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Ha, yep. That's me. It ran seven seasons, then canceled it. I was sad.

13. Sunshine.Casey.Bear

Sunshine.Casey.Bear New Member

Sunshine: I need it and love it.
    Casey: My real name. I put it in everything.
    Bear: Because one of my friends call me Casey Bear. Don't know why. Didn't question it.

And that is my fancy name. Dig it.

14. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Because I used to use the username 'Valens' quite a lot, but I discovered it wasn't available on this site, so I just messed around and thought 'ValianceInEnd' sounded cool. There's really no meaning behind it, I just thought it sounded cool at the time.

15. Kitbug

Kitbug New Member

<.< >.> It's what I call my cat. And no, it has nothing to do with her name, either. Her name is Angel. I just call her Kitbug. Because I am nuts, and at first I called her Kit (short for Kitten), and then somehow she became Kitbug. So yeah. <.<