Tags:
  1. Cdn Writer

Cdn Writer Contributor Contributor

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America
    Currently Reading::
    TRYING (!!!) to read Eric Flint's "Ring of Fire" series.......it's soooo many books!!!!!

Thieves World concept

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Cdn Writer, Aug 12, 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thieves%27_World

Please see the reference above.

I would be interested in contributing a character and writing stories in a shared universe setting. I believe that Eric Flint has people contributing to his 1632 universe and Larry Corriea has people contributing to his Monster Hunter International universe.

Is it possible to do this in these forums? Like I start a chapter with my character committing a murder, person 2 picks up with a character that investigates the murder/assists with the murder, person 3 picks up with a character that is inconvenienced in some way by the murder such as it happened right on their front door, etc, etc.

I see this as just a "fun" thing although I guess if it took off it could be published and the contributors could be paid by the word....? By the amount of attention their character gets in the shared universe? I'm open to however people want to do this.