Things That Annoy Me, But Shouldn't

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Earp, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Medium.

Not genre.

Comic books are a medium. I know it doesn't matter - sorry, but that's something that annoys me that shouldn't. :p

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

It is an immense loss to Seventies rock that Roger Waters did not write a song called "Tardigrades" for that album.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  3. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

I can’t think of anything annoying about them. And that in itself is annoying. So now they annoy me because they’re smug. Like dolphins.

Trish and Bill Chester like this.
  4. Sclavus

Sclavus Active Member

The homeless people here in Colorado Springs. There are about twenty that camp around my apartment building, so you can't go anywhere without being asked for money, cigarettes, weed, or "can I just use your shower?"

5. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

That guy from the tower - and the stink of weed when he come outside.

'Here come mister stinky,' I say to the guys. 'Take a shower, man,' I holler cross the street, 'you is stinky.'

He look away, count his money in a big money bag. His cigar smoke make me cough sometime when I'm cold and hungry, sleeping in my dumpster.

Trish and Iain Aschendale like this.
  6. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

That's idiotwoman to you, Minstrel! Cause, yes, I say this all the time. Don't judge me.

minstrel likes this.
  7. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

No, that should annoy you. Not drive you to violence, but annoy you, yes.

8. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

I think the problem is, are you going to give someone else brain damage?

9. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

People who wear crappy and/or stupid socks. Oh, and people who wear sweatshirts or tee shirts with the name of the place they are visiting on them. Like Maine or Cape Cod.

10. LostThePlot

LostThePlot Naysmith Contributor

I have a half brick in a sock that can give whoever I like brain damage. And since i can just go find some dude who doesn't ask questions why exactly I want GHB then it's all a bit of a farce. I mean, if you took the time you could make most drugs in your house if you really gave enough of a shit about it to do so. So what are we even talking about here? If I'm a malevolent jerk who really wants to hurt someone else I don't need drugs to do it. But if I'm someone who just wants to get high on a weekend then what's even the fucking point of trying to stop them? Like, for real? Turns out the people who are really into hurting others already manage just fine.

11. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

If they didn't wear shirts like that, how would you know where they are?

Think, Homer. Take your mind off people's socks and think. :p

Mullanphy and jannert like this.
  12. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

People who have an irrational fear of harmless house spiders for no good reason.

People who refer to boats and ships using female pronouns. They are objects. Call them ‘it’.

People who assume that I “rescued” my Staffie, who I have had from a puppy.

13. 20oz

20oz Active Member

Dying.

If I die in a video game, I either try again or put the controller down, say an obligatory fuck you, and never touch the game until a few years have passed.

Here are just a handful of games I did that to:

- Furi (PS4)
    - Wolfchild (SNES)
    - The World Ends with You (DS)
    - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3)

14. 20oz

20oz Active Member

Speaking of video games.

Going the "right way" in a video game drives me crazy.

When I see two diverging pathways, I have to guess which one leads to the story or which one leads to the goodies/collectables. And since I'm shit at guessing, I usually end up progressing the story and leaving everything behind. Why can't I backtrack? The door I stepped through is permanently locked, I jumped from a high ledge, I can't repeat the mission, etc.

15. Millamber

Millamber Senior Member

You better not try and of the Dark Souls games then :p

16. MythMachine

MythMachine Active Member

It's "Cool Hwip!"

I need guests at the hotel where I work to not be so needy. (ah the life of hipocrosy) I work in the "hospitality" industry, not the "bend over, pants down, and take it" industry. Wait.... that's any customer service job nowadays. Disregard, carry on, good day. :love:

17. Sclavus

Sclavus Active Member

Children who are not my niece. My niece is, of course, perfect. Every other child is the corn-fed spawn of Satan.

And I hate getting coughed on.

18. MythMachine

Oh my... if someone coughed on me... they'd get at the VERY least, an earful of my most colorful language.

19. Sclavus

Sclavus Active Member

It was a child who looked to be about three. At that age, I don't blame them. I do blame the parents. I was riding my electric shopping cart down the aisle, and the two parents were too oblivious to control their four young children, so the girl just turned right around and started coughing all over the place. I did give her dad a look, and he just shrugged.

Kids shouldn't irritate me as much as they do, but they get my anxiety hamster going on his wheel like nobody's business.

20. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

People that don't understand irony and sarcasm. I've gotten used to not using it often in writing just because of the limitations of the medium, but when face to face it's pretty much 90 percent of how I talk. I can't really fault them for being sincere people, but it definitely frustrates communication.

21. MythMachine

Ah, yeah kids and (most) elderly are a different ballpark altogether. Unfortunately bad "parenting" is the way of the world today, and to find a parent with good enough standards for raising children isn't as common as it should be, several members of my own family fall into the "bad" side, mostly due to having children before they were mature enough for the duty. That's a big reason why I don't have kids, because I know I couldn't handle the responsibility yet (being a single recluse hermit has totally nothing to do with it, I swear).

22. Sclavus

Sclavus Active Member

I have several reasons for not wanting children, and that's part of it. With bipolar disorder, PTSD, and a physical disability, I have enough trouble caring for myself, much less a child, and I'm not about to bring a kid into the world and then risk having them damaged by their father's problems. That's also part of the reason I'm not in a relationship, because if I have a partner, I'd like to be able to care for myself, not have "Mom 2.0" for a wife. As far as kids go, though, when you get down to it, I just don't like them.

MythMachine likes this.
  23. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

People whispering.

I think it might go back to when I was bullied in school, but whispering makes me incredibly anxious and uncomfortable.

Fernando.C and MythMachine like this.
  24. MythMachine

No one can blame you for being honest. Besides, it's messed up for a child to grow up in an environment where they aren't wanted. I loathe parents who can't accept the responsibility of a role they chose by not wearing contraception, or at the least putting the child up for adoption.

25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

A parent accepts the responsibility of the role by being a parent; not by putting the child up for adoption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.