Things that inexplicably annoy me...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chinspinner, Mar 21, 2015.

1. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

You are not allowed to be annoyed by cats. They are annoyed by you. You are the one who keeps falling short of their expectations and demands. You are the one who feeds; they are the ones who eat. Every so often, when they feel generous, they present you with a dead mouse. Or maybe only its entrails. But it's a gift, and you are required to accept it as such.

ISlaybeasties, Ivana, KaTrian and 5 others like this.
  2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

That's right. The cat is your master, and you must obey its whims every moment. Failure to do so means vomit/poop on your carpet, or a nice long claw mark down your leg.

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

When people try to make simple concepts overtly complicated for their own agenda. Something on the Big Question today - apparently white middle class men are the only people who can be racist because racism is all about power and oppression.

No, Racism is just about race. That's why it's called RACE-ism. Stop peddling your bullshit.

Megalith likes this.
  4. Void

Void Senior Member

The speed at which about 99% of the world's population seems to walk at. I must walk freakishly fast, because I swear I could still out-pace most people with two broken legs.

For the record, I'm rather unfit, mildly asthmatic and not very tall ...

5. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

@Void - You sound just perfect. However, I feel that speed-walking is a menace, an area for legislative intervention. And I speak as a former recidivist: in my twenties mainly, I was proud, horribly as I hurtled through crowds of dawdling trogs, reached my destination in quick time. There is more to life than walking rapidly, indeed a conversation en-route has certain health benefits.

I am annoyed by novelists, when I read, and think: 'Well, you just wrote this rubbish. I can feel the joins. How am I supposed to believe your crap, it's crap, you're rich, I'm poor, it's all wrong.'

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm with you there. Worse is when walking in confined venues (congested mall walkways) and groups want to sloth their way along, 5 abreast (plus stroller/pram), like two cars in a two lane highway, each going 35 mph, one next to the other. Murderous thoughts. Murderous.

Putting a container (jar, box, tub, whatever) of food-item back in the fridge or cupboard with an unusably small remaining amount. Use it, throw it away, or it's the guillotine for you, laddie.

Messiness. I know everyone has a right to chose their level of order or disorder. I have a right to chose how I feel about it. Not apologizing.

KaTrian and Link the Writer like this.
  7. Link the Writer

Or those who try to paint you as a monster because you just so happen to belong to the same ethnicity/gender/race/religion/nation that oppressed others. I'm sorry all that happened, but I didn't do any of it!! I'm willing to hear people out, I'm willing to hear their side of things and attempt to understand, but it's not helping anyone if I'm automatically assumed to be a monster because of the fact that I'm white as snow and have a dangly thing between my legs. If anything else, it'll make me not want to listen, which would be counterproductive to the whole 'please listen to us!' thing.

Ah well, I just remember that a few piles of dog doo-doo doesn't make the sprawling field of green bad. There are people even in my group (disabled. I have severe hearing loss, though that didn't stop some disabled people from thinking I wasn't 'disabled enough'. :p Apparently I needed to be like Quasimodo and have zero self-esteem to fit their narrow definition of the word. :p :D) who walk around assuming all non-disabled people are bad.

@Wreybies - I was going to type exactly all of that, but it'd be plagiarism now if I did so. :D All I can do now is say that I agree completely and like your post.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    KaTrian and Lemex like this.
  8. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

I'm a dick slave myself, white as flour. It fuckin hurts man, the oppression, all those fuckin lesbians in my eyes, every day, CNN World News, they blame me, I can't take it.

Link the Writer likes this.
  9. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

When a conversation that is supposed to be trivial and light-hearted goes south for being taken overly serious.... :rolleyes:

10. Link the Writer

Blame Lemex and me.

When certain posters like Lemex and I derail a light-hearted thread. Let's just forget that happened and resume course. RESUME COURSE AT ONCE!! >:[

Lemex likes this.
  11. Ryan Tanner

Ryan Tanner Member

What annoys me, is when I brew a pot of coffee and pour it into a thermos to take to work, but realize that I didn't leave enough empty space in the thermos to add creamer to the coffee. Ruins my day.

KaTrian and matwoolf like this.
  12. Ryan Tanner

Ryan Tanner Member

Course resumed -_-

13. Lemex

Please do this. I like this idea. It means Link and I don't get any of the blame - and that works for me, too. :D

I'm inexplicably annoyed when people say they side with the Empire - Skyrim is for the Nords!

14. Link the Writer

I get annoyed when arguments over the civil war in Skyrim gets heated and personal. By Talos, you'd think they were discussing an actual war like World War II, not a fictional made-up one. :crazy:

Lemex likes this.
  15. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

People in the US who say, 'went to hospital' rather than 'went to the hospital', or 'graduated high school' rather than 'graduated from high school'. Plenty of room in the UK if you want to talk that way.

Catrin Lewis likes this.
  16. Lemex

Does that really happen? Or am I just having a blonde moment?
    Oh no. We don't want any more of that sort. We've got enough here already with their 'Went t hoptal's and their 'lol u wut m8's.

17. Link the Writer

Go to the Bethesda forums, join in and start another thread about the Civil War. Trust me, you'll get posters groaning, "Not this again..."

18. Lemex

Haha, I'll take your word for it then. I've seen weirder arguments online. I go to a literature forum and seen two guys argue for 10 pages about who was better, Milton or Shakespeare.

19. Link the Writer

Now this I have to see! Send me the link and I'll go check it out.

Catrin Lewis likes this.
  20. Lemex

Sadly, I can't seem to find that thread anymore. It's somewhere here though: http://www.online-literature.com/forums/forum.php

21. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

I am unreasonably annoyed by people who are condescending... even when they are perfectly nice people, who mean well, a condescending attitude makes me want to tell you off and leave abruptly lol.

Also, ads on network TV streaming sites. They are the same ad, played three times every commercial break, and they frequently don't resume playback of the show right, and leave you having to watch the same stupid ads again, just so you can get back to the spot you were at before reloading the page. -_-

Lilly James Haro likes this.
  22. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

Oh, geez, don't get me started. It's the same on broadcast TV. Buick, Geico and AT&T have guaranteed I'll never buy anything from any of them.

23. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Comcast ads about their good service, they have the worst service ever.

Creeps who don't pick up their dog's doo in my front yard. What is it with people who expect others to pick up their dog's crap? Did they think I would leave it there?

Slow walkers, definitely slow walkers. How can they move that slowly?

Drivers who don't pull into the intersection on the green light when waiting to turn left. People, listen up, you pull into the intersection because you can make the turn faster when there's a clearing and the guy behind you has a chance to get through the light without having to wait through another cycle.

24. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

People that walk two steps into a store and then stop, blocking the entrance. Then when you say excuse me ( which is a dumb expression for move your ass ) they give you a dirty look.

Ah, for a robot greeter with a cattle prod demanding keep moving! keep moving!

25. Lemex

People in cafes or places like McDonalds who wait until they get to the counter before deciding what they will buy. It's Costa-fucking-coffee, it's not some complex algorithm!