Things you have kept from your childhood.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Bard of Wigan, Sep 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

^ LOL Rum, that's hilarious! I never really had scars until I started working at McDonalds and got burned more times than I can count. Never broke a bone or had stitches as a kid. Did finally get stitches when I was 26. Taking out the trash with a piece of glass in it, ended up with 9 stitches in my leg.

2. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

I've got a little box that contained sugar-beans given at my birth, my teddy-bear Molly, my wooden yo-yo, a pluche lion, a blanket, a piggy bank in the form of a garden-gnome, and yes, a lot of measles-scars and a big scar on my forehead when I fell of the stairs once... ;)

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'm curious... how can a clothes 'line' be 'wooden'?... do you mean the old kind of fold-up wooden clothes-drying rack that we used to put in front of the radiator, when it was too cold to hang the laundry on the outdoor clothes line?... or the frames strung with line that hung from the ceiling and were lowered and raised by a pulley, like my apartment-dwelling aunt and grandmother used?

or was there some other kind of apparatus

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

This is what it looks like in the image below, only it is made of wood. When it was originally made, it was all wood, but my brother managed to break it after my grandfather passed, so when my father fixed it, he put thin rope in so I could use clothes pegs. The image below is the only one I could find that looked slightly the same, but it still isn't, as this one isn't made of wood...

[​IMG]

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I have my scars on my left hand from when I was running on the blacktop in 4th grade in the winter. Fell and skidded across the icy pavement. Scars on my knuckles. I'm proud of them. :D

6. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

^^lol talking about scars...umm, I'd better not...I'd run out of space to write..

I still have toys...esp my green monkey...that which has more stufffing out than in

7. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

I have lost most of my stuff but the one thing I did hang on to was my little wooden chest and I remember I had this dog and his name was orphan and I was playing with it outside and he chewed it up. I had bought it with my allowance money.