To Have A Crush On Someone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Cacian

Cacian Banned

LOL sex a lot...oh well that is something I am not worried about..too much sex canget tedious like anything in life everytime in proportion or else I get bored..lol
    Iagree about learning each other's language it is a bonus..I am not getting why a vagabond or a traveler can be taboo.
    I understood bohemian as in carefree about everything even yourself which is something I do not identify with.:)

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

'fwoar'???

3. yagr

yagr Senior Member

Newtonian physics gave us an understanding of the Laws of Motion, then Einstein opened the door to relativistic physics which gave us a better, more complete understanding. Newton wasn't wrong, his understanding was simply incomplete. Will our understanding of physics take another leap in the centuries that follow? Probably. However, it isn't physics that change but our understanding of it.

Likewise, love doesn't change but our understanding of it does. For some, a crush is love - for others they are very different.

4. Alex W

Alex W New Member

"Downright shaggable" would be a similiar description.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

how does that possibly relate to 'love' or 'crush'?

6. Protar

Protar Active Member

I was using it to demonstrate that a crush is more than just finding something attractive even if it's less than love. It's not the proper term, I just used it as a joke.

7. Yoshiko

Yoshiko Contributor Contributor

Mm, I don't tend to crush on people anymore. It's more of a, "Ooh, you're cute. Let's hook up every now and then until I feel you're getting too serious." type of feel. ;)
    But crush ≠ love.

Although, the person I had a crush on when I was sixteen is now the person I've been seeing since we met again at a house party in July (which unfortunately was part of the cause in a break-up with my former partner, oops. I blame it on the fact he was too afraid to confess that he wasn't interested in marriage/kids until we were several years down the road!). Wouldn't call it a crush but I don't think it's love either - but that obviously has something to do with what got us to where we are now. :p I'm not going to over-think it. It is what is it.

8. Alex W

Alex W New Member

A crush is someone, in my opinion, that you just lust over and really like. Love of course is clearly more.

So of course, that will have something to do with being, as I perhaps rather bluntly put it, "Being downright shaggable."

It's true though. Surely you have seen someone and instead of thinking "Ooh, he looks nice", or "Ahh, he seems cool", you've thought dark and disturbed things about what you'd do to that person given half the chance?

Or is that just me? :p There'll be more to it of course, but that's a part of a crush surely?

9. Cacian

Cacian Banned

haha...I am not sure what you mean..this made laugh Iws not expecting it:p

10. Cacian

Cacian Banned

well I just think you and your former partner were not meant to be together.
    that leaves thinking which sex has the most crush men, women or both.