(TOV) Tales of VenShara disscusion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Exzalia, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Im going to make a small post ;)

Fan7asticMrFox and lixAxil like this.
  2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

YEAZ!!!!
    Just cause this song is so epic and reveals how I'm feeling right now:

JessWrite and Fan7asticMrFox like this.
  3. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Oh, man, I probably shouldn't join this, but I'm really, really, really, REALLY, tempted to do so. I missed out on the other Exzalia games, but I really want in on this one. My work schedule is kinda wild, hence the reason I said I'm not sure if I should join, but I should be able to post daily. And, on my days off, I'll hang around as much as possible.

Could you reserve a spot for me as well, Ex? I probably won't have a template together until late tomorrow, or possibly Saturday, but I already have a character in mind. :)

Fan7asticMrFox likes this.
  4. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Nice one Anony! To be fair my work schedule is similar, so I plan to post when I can rather than force it. But I should be able to get something up each day as well probably.

5. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

@Love to Write Thanks! :D

So excited for this game and hope to get a post up later today!

6. Exzalia

all are welcome Anony, I know my games tend to go fast but I will slow it down for you, also if I know your schedule I can always work around it and finally if you find your self too busy I can always control your char tilll you return so you miss nothing. I will also write up summeries for anyone who is absent for a long time.

7. Exzalia

posted! just a taste of what the typical morning in Pia is like

8. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Thanks, Ex. The character I have in mind will be kind of low-key; the type of person who keeps to herself and hangs in the back of the crowd. If I have to go inactive for a day, I don't think she'd be missed, LOL. This should work out perfectly.

9. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

I will post soon, I promise...

Sunday at the latest, hopefully tonight though.

10. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Name: Illudes (Ee-loo-des)
    Race: Unknown
    Appearance: Desert Mirage by ~Keitsumah on deviantART

History: Illudes does not remember anything whatsoever about his past -who his parents were, how he learned to survive the way he does, nothing. The only thing he does know is that he must remain hidden from anyone and anything. The few times that he did make a habit of following someone, though, he would suddenly find himself in another part of the desert after he awoke from the first night. Sadly, he has come to the conclusion that he will never belong anywhere, and will always find himself in strange, and possibly dangerous places the next time he awakes.

Reasons for finding the God speaker: Wants to belong somewhere and know who he is.

Ability: Speed/Leap

Spells:
    - Mirage: An Althea spell that makes him appear to be anything he wills whenever he chooses, but it can also be used as a semi-cloaking spell that will affect each person's sight individually. Say, if a young woman were to look at him, she would see whatever kind of person she would imagine to be a trustworthy and safe individual. If a young man were standing alongside the woman, he would see a completely different individual. This spell also affects Illudes's voice as well depending on who is watching/listening to him. He can appear to be a human male to one person, and sound the same, while appearing to be a female feral to another.
    - Blank Slate: Illudes's body becomes almost entirely invisible to sight by bending light. You can however still see his footprints, hear, and smell him. This only works best at night, however, because in bright daylight you can still catch a glimpse of the outline of his body.
    - Image-Drain: This is a very loose Nox/Althea spell that can allow Illudes to turn into whatever he sees in a person's memories, no matter how good or bad.

Equipment: Nothing but his claws -he doesn't even wear clothes but that doesn't mean he is indecent! He has thick feathers all around his legs, so it counts as pants.

JessWrite, Fan7asticMrFox and lixAxil like this.
  11. Keitsumah

i can't edit my first post! *confused*

12. Exzalia

neither can I it think it's a site issue

13. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

mmm there may be a trick to bypass it

14. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  15. Keitsumah

i think it will be fixed eventually

16. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Its not a bug. Right now people can only edit within x minutes of posting. Its not well suited for rp-ing but its bareable.

Ill join ofc :), just need to think up a char.

17. Exzalia

well thats stupid, why would they do that?

18. Macaberz

I don't know...but I can assure you that it isn't a bug. I am kinda on the fence about going with a young character again or a quite old one. So what do you guys think? Should ai go with the young and inexperienced (the student) or with the wise mentor (the master)? Or something else entirely?

19. Exzalia

do the character you can do the best,

20. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Go against your norm. Create a character that challenges your writing.

21. Macaberz

I think I can do both actually, now that I've thought about it.

22. Macaberz

I am going in with guns blazin'; two characters, oh yeah!

<--->

Name: Asrar Al-hik'mah
    Race: half-Ifrit (stats), half-human (appearance).

Appearance: her face is wrinkled and paling, aside from a dwindling blush on her cheeks. She has a large nose, only several teeth remaining and her eyes are almost completely closed, leading most (including Ra'if) to believe that she is blind. She is dressed in simple, light-brown, traveling clothes and a vale, orange, turban balancing atop her head. Aside from a pouch strapped around her waist and her walking stick, Asrar is completely unarmed.

Code:
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/241/2/1/21ef5dfcf5b7fb2640b1563a12fa7476-d5cukhe.jpg
    History: Asrar was born almost a century ago, when the lands to the south were rich and fertile. She was raised in a small, but prosperous city where the grass was greenest and the trees stood tallest. In this paradise-like oasis, Asrar -being a girl- was mostly tasked with helping inside the house. She led a comfortable, easy life and all was well.

Her heart desired adventure however and one day she decided to abandon her all too safe life, and to leave the protective shell of her tribe. It pained her to leave her family behind, but her curiosity and yearning for the unknown kept her from returning, until decades later. By that time, most of her relatives had perished, and those that hadn't didn't recognize her. Only her grandson, Ra'if, looked after her, thinking that the 80 year old Asrar was in dire need of help.

Reason to look for the God-speaker: Asrar, having lived in an age were God-speakers were a more common sight -and having even spoken with one- sees it as her purpose to look after the last God-speaker. She sees it as a fitting closure to a life well-lived, full of adventures and experiences. Lastly, she hopes to be able to show a living, breathing God-speaker to Ra'if who -being much younger- is highly skeptical of the stories that Asrar has told him.

Ability: Asrar uses an twisted, wooden walking stick to support herself. With it, she is capable of rooting herself firmly to the ground, preventing most blasts from knocking her back and thus crushing her fragile bones.

Eathers: Gaia, Althea.

Health: 7
    Speed: 8
    Power: 4
    Magical potential: 14

Spells:

Grassroot healing. Though not as fast as any other healing spell, due to her use of herbs as part of the healing process, this complex weave allows Asrar to heal very deep wounds, set bones and strip -or ease- the most vicious of diseases. The healing process takes much time however and greatly drains Asrar herself. She will only use it in the most dire of circumstances.

Absorption: With this weave, Asrar can absorb the eather of a weave directed against her, and re-route it into her walking stick, which stores the raw eather energy (unless fully satiated). She is incapable of absorbing (very) large/powerful weaves, but can at least re-direct, avert or otherwise reduce the impact of such weaves using Absorption.

Light blast: By tapping the ground (forcefully) with her walking stick, a shard of eather is released from it's internal reserves which she reinforces with her own weaving capabilites. The earth will crack and tremble within a radius of a dozen feet, accompanied by a blinding white light. Whilst not directly damaging, this attack is highly disorienting.

<--->

Name: Ra'if Al-haq
    Race: Almost entirely human.

Appearance: Ra'if has short, light-brown hair, generic brown eyes and an average build. He wears loose, white pants with sturdy brown boots over them, to lace his trousers around his legs. Additionally, he wears a white tunic to match which is tied around his waist with a leather belt.

History: Ra'if was born deep in the south of VenShara, in a growing, bustling merchant's city. By the time he was seven most of the trade had vanished however, as had the vast lakes that connected several cities had dried up, thus killing off the thriving trade and cascading his home-city into poverty.

Ra'if has achieved a certain level of balance between his inner and outer self. Internally, he is kind, caring and gentle though sometimes rebellious and impressionable. To the outer world, he is a promising Hakim warrior, hardened, skilled, but still much too reckless.

[[Hakim is a fighting style that attempts to combine the strength of traditional sword-combat with martial arts and use of the eathers. Hakim doesn't use martial arts to appeal to the masses, it's use is strictly constrained to the knowledge of the human body and -more importantly- how to use that knowledge defensively (e.g. how to dislodge joints).]]

Reason to look for the God-speaker: There are many reasons why Ra'if is looking for the God-speaker, self-interest being the least of them. Initially, he felt obligated to look after Asrar and thus restrained himself from venturing outside of his home city. Now that the Kings and Queens have openly called on everyone to search for the God-speaker however, Asrar has taken the initiative and invited him to journey with her. His family, being unable to sustain him, gave him their blessings and allowed him to leave. Though Ra'if is pained to leave his parents and his siblings behind, his resolve -to find the God-speaker and restore balance in the world- has never been stronger.

Ability: Ra'if has no special abilities aside from his four-year (basic) training as Hakim warrior. Though he can not weave spells, he can tap into Adra to enable himself to move and strike swiftly. This is more of an unconscious process, instilled by the Hakim methodology, than it is a conscious choice.

Eathers: Adra.

Health: 12 [10+2]
    Speed: 7 [5+2]
    Power: 6 [5+1]
    Magical potential: 5 [5+0]

Spells: None. His use of Adra is constrained to minor usage in the Hakim fighting style.
    Equipment: Ra'if has a curved, single-handed blade strapped to his back and a black, round shield tied over it.

JessWrite and Fan7asticMrFox like this.
  23. Exzalia

making another post, but I'll wait for others to introduce their chars first before posting it.

Fan7asticMrFox, lixAxil and Macaberz like this.
  24. Macaberz

:D

25. Exzalia

nice post mac :D

my pst is done, but I'll wait a little while before moving the story along.