(TOV) Tales of VenShara disscusion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Exzalia, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

phenix how do you mean?

2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

@Ex, well... Last night, Asune went on an epic liking spree of most of my posts from SN. Since then, I no longer have a time limit on editing.

In the feedback section of the site, Daniel has been talking about how the editing time limit is based on your status as a member, and how we were all 'new members' according to the forum software. He changed it so that you become a member after a certain # of posts, and then a Senior member after you have like 500 posts and 50 likes.

You have to log out and back in again for the forum to recognize you though.

3. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Name: Szmierc

Race: Feral

History: Szmierc was born to a neutral Feral tribe. All those he grew up with were quite typical, all engaged in the thrill of the hunt and no more. Szmierc, however, was different. He was a genius and thirsted for knowledge. When he discovered magic, he was hooked. The ancient and mysterious art strongly called to him, and he devoted much of his time to the study of it. Eventually, a tragedy claimed the lives of his entire tribe, leaving him as the scarred sole survivor.

Reasons for finding the God speaker: Ever since the death of his tribe, Szmierc has felt as if he had a hole in his very existence. In finding the Godspeaker, he hopes to find a sense of closure and completion.

Ability:
    Ferocity - His upringing as a Feral stressed physical combat, allowing him to enter this berzerk-like state where his speed and strength increase, allowing him to strike faster and stronger.

Spells:
    1. Haunt - Plagues the victim(s)' minds with shadowy figures and hallucinations, obscuring vision and inducing fear.

2. Shadow walk - Briefly turn into a shadow, moving about freely* and reappearing in a manner not unlike teleportation. *Movement is restricted to existent shadows. The moving shadow may extend from existing shadows, but only has size will allow. (For example, the caster can only stretch a little more than their natural height away from an existing shadow, such as one cast by a wall).

3. Rise - They rise.

Equipment: Szmierc always wears a flowing, black hooded cloak which hides all details about him, save for his height. Underneath the cloak, Szmierc wears leather armor and multiple daggers.

Stats :

Health 20

Speed:8

Power: 7

Magical potential: 1+5

JessWrite likes this.
  4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Long time no see crumpets!

5. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

@Pheonix
    You don't need 50 likes to edit. I only have 23 and can edit my old posts. Whatever was wrong seems to have been fixed… even though my tag still says "New Member." Oh, well, it's better than being a toaster, even a brave one. :p

In other news, char profile in the works. Stay tuned for awesomesauce injection.

6. Exzalia

pheonix why are you a toaster anyway?

7. Pheonix

This is why I am a toaster...

JessWrite likes this.
  8. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Toaster has a terrible connotation, don't suggest you to use it

JessWrite likes this.
  9. Exzalia

......well thats a thing

10. Pheonix

It is... :D I really liked that movie as a child... And I used that name in a game once, so I decided to use it as my title on here lol :p

And now I am stuck with it, but I don't care, I still like it.

@Asune, what is the bad connotation on toaster? I've never heard of that before.

JessWrite likes this.
  11. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Anybody care for a co-op (intro)? :D

12. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

@Pheonix: Get into chat

JessWrite likes this.
  13. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

That's an order, private!

14. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

@Crumpets: If you don't have anyone yet I'll do a co-op intro with you.

15. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Ex I only sent you a few questions, not the character sheet. Do I need to send it for approval?

16. Exzalia

go ahead and send it foxy i'm here

17. AnonyMouse

I just sent mine as well, Ex. :D

18. Exzalia

responded!

19. Exzalia

Here's a fun little game, who can find the most fiiting song for Venshara's desert travle?

I chose this one when reading Pheonix's post

who thinks they have something better?

JessWrite likes this.
  20. Exzalia

also bird man does your char need some help?

21. Pheonix

He might...

If not, I can conjure up an NPC to help him... but if you have something in mind, that would be nice... :D

22. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Name: Shae the Death Walker (27 years old)

Race:
    Human

Appearance: Shae wears a clad of leather and cloth, with a dark green under armour and face mask, and a mud brown cloak and hood. Her hair is jet black, tied up in a short ponytail and her eyes are auburn. Her height is around 5ft 5in, so she can hide well in crowds. And she is understatedly pretty, the armour hiding away her beauty.

History: Shae was born a bastard child, the result of another pillage by Yazan the Wise. She never knew her mother. When Shae arrived in the world their armies were gone, leaving the city of Azreal to burn. Most died, but a small group banded together to build a travelling community, following the destruction of Yazan. Larger they grew, picking up more and more survivors, becoming the Moving City of Azreal.

And as Shae became older, her eyes were opened up to new worlds, cultures and skills. She liked the dance of blades best. Every day she would make her way to the back of the caravan, where Mazlan the Death Walker marched, listening to his stories of old and new and learning his ways. His speed was phenomenal. Mazlan did not follow the religion of Bahamut but something else… and soon Shae followed it too. Finally when she came of age, Mazlan took her to the Sanctum of Necro, completing her training as a mysterious Death Walker.

Since then she has travelled the world in the shadows, fulfilling the dark deeds of others…

Reasons for finding the God speaker: As a Death Walker Shae’s contract work tends to include finding or killing people,so locating the God Speaker seemed a good fit. Most of her rewards find their way back to the Moving City of Azreal, though she usually has some bills to pay.

Ability:
    (Nox) Vision of a Thousand Deaths: Shae’s connection to Nox and Necro gave her the power of fear, causing all in the area to see horrible things, whether friend or foe. Hallucinations, dark and horrible. But those with a good magical presence see through the mirage and are unaffected.

Spells:
    Unstable Eather: An unnaturally dark concoction of spells, combined together into something random… and dangerous. Each time it is cast it does something new, sometimes good and sometimes bad.

Stats:

Health: 8 (10 - 2)

Speed: 13 (5 + 5 + 2 + 1)

Power: 4 (5 - 1)

Magical potential: 5

Equipment:
    Shae carries Big Sister and Little Sister, a pair of double sided swords, one completely black and the other completely white.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    JessWrite likes this.
  23. Exzalia

Some one help out pheonix! games barely started and he's almost dead already. (Would put Lebry to shame) :p

oh and bird man whats the situation on space turky? he almost done?

I'm going to move the plot along after Fox and Anony intro there chars.

24. Pheonix

He might...

If not, I can conjure up an NPC to help him... but if you have something in mind, that would be nice... :D

And this is for my post

As for Space Turkey, he should be done soon... he's reworking his character... again :/ I'll give him a kick in the pants lol :p

And, this is my submission for desert travel music :D

JessWrite likes this.
  25. AnonyMouse

Name: Tsubael ("Soo-bye-ell")
    Race: none

Appearance:
    Tsubael is an automaton fashioned in the likeness of her creators, the inari, an extinct ifrit race. Inari are humanoids with the face of a desert fox and can have anywhere from one to nine tails. They were beautiful, graceful creatures. Tsubael's name translates as "tailless one" and, like all automatons, symbolizes she has no status in inari society. There were others like her, but she has not seen a functioning one since before the cataclysm.

Tsubael is average height (about 5'4") and very slender, with subtle feminine curves. Her face is a fox mask, made of white porcelain, with small cracks in it. Her eyes are blue and she has no hair. Her body was initially made of porcelain, like an antique doll, but most of it has been replaced with metal due to fractures. She is mostly cold to the touch, but her chest is warm, as if heated from within. A rhythmic ticking can be heard, if anyone listens closely.

Attire:
    She generally keeps herself very well-covered, to give the impression she is a normal person. Tsubael is currently wearing a faded gray robe with a hood. It has intricate silver stitching and was once worn by inari archmages. To most people, she probably looks like a young woman wearing a fox mask; they don't realize the "mask" is her face until the hood is removed.

History:
    Swallowed by time and lost deep in the swirling sands of VenShara's endless deserts, lies the ruins of Azi Khaliya, the shining jewel of the inari empire. At their height, the fox-people were one of the most technologically- and magically-advanced nations in all of VenShara. Today, few people even know they existed. All that remains is an island of rubble in a sea of sand.

The inari were a people of science, but naturally gifted with magic. They had no religion, but Azi Khaliya's library was grander than any temple today. Their territory was small and incredibly isolated, but flowed with water and their mountains were rich with metals. The inari used their knowledge of architecture, mathematics, and engineering to fashion complex machines and weave enchantments into their metalworks. They built wonders and kept a meticulous record of everything.

But, suddenly, it all came to an end. The records just stopped.

Tsubael, a record-keeper of the Azi Khaliya archives, awoke to find the city in ruins and her masters all dead. She calls this event "The Cataclysm" but cannot seem to place it in history. She only knows how life was before and after it. She picked herself up, repaired her damaged components and returned to the task she was created to perform: roaming the dusty corridors, reading and filing every intact book she could find. She has continued to do this for centuries, like a ghost haunting a necropolis.

But the gaps in the tale continued to gnaw at her. As an automaton, Tsubael should not ask questions or develop desires. But the desire to figure out what happened has grown from a spark to an inferno. Azi Khaliya was alive one day and dead the next. Why? How? And where did all the water go?

When she heard the distant thunder, heralding the return of a God speaker, she knew what she must do.

Reasons for finding the God speaker: None. She is not interested in finding him/her/it, only in chronicling the search. She is here to witness history in the making and write it all down in her big, black tome. However, there are a few things she might like to ask…

Ability:
    Tsubael does not eat or breathe, but requires water to power her inner steamworks. Also, despite her dainty appearance, she is quite heavy (about 250-300 pounds). Her physical strength is slightly greater than that of the average adult man, but her body isn't built for combat (she'd likely damage herself if she punched anything at full strength). Tsubael is powered by a miniaturized steam engine in her torso, which manipulates her limbs through a complex series of internal cogs, pulleys, and wires. She is basically a puppet, with the strings on the inside. Her "programming" comes from nox enchantments, bonded to a soulstone in her chest. If it is removed, her body will cease to function until the soulstone is returned.

Spells
    Spell 1: Overclocked Processor: Temporarily increases the rate at which Tsubael processes sensory information, allowing her to make tactical decisions incredibly fast. To her, it looks as if time has slowed, allowing her to take in every detail and spot openings and weaknesses she might have missed. This does not give her super speed or any other physical boosts -- she can't move faster, only think faster.

Spell 2: War Emergency Power: Increases the steam pressure in Tsubael's engine beyond safe parameters, giving a +5 boost to speed and power. WEP lasts for four turns, but the additional stress on her mechanical components causes a 2 pt drop each turn. (So, she gets +5 on the first turn, +3 on the second, +1 on the third, and -1 on the fourth.) She is also very hot when this ability is active, and must vent steam afterward.

Spell 3: Tabula Rasa: Just by observing, Tsubael can replicate a special ability or spell from another person. As long as she meets the stat requirements, she can copy the attack/technique. After the ability is used, she must reset her enchantments, (basically, she has to "reboot" to purge the copied programming,) which causes her to go dormant for a few seconds.

Spell 4: Terminator Mode: Tsubael's combat protocols have deactivated limiters in her programming. Rather than shut down when heavily damaged, she will continue to fight, even after her health has reached zero. Any subsequent damage will be absorbed by her other stats, at the GM's discretion. She is not "knocked out" until all stats reach zero or someone rips out her soulstone. This ability is always active. Post-battle repairs will return her stats to normal.

Spell 5: Fear the Reaper: Tsubael's clockwork scythe can be "tuned" to specific eathers. The weapon has a revolver-style cylinder with six chambers, one for each eather type. It harvests eather during combat and, once filled, uses it to fuel a unique power associated with that eather. Charon superheats the scythe's blade; merc chills the blade to absolute zero; adra boosts speed and agility; gaia boosts physical strength/mass; althea fires bolts of holy light, which heals friends and burns foes; and nox cuts a portal to the shadow realm. Activating any chamber also applies a +5 boost to magic, but only for spells using that type of eather.

Equipment: A heavy canvas sack, filled with books, spare parts, metalworking tools, and jugs of water. She also carries a large blank book for chronicling her travels. Tsubael also recently crafted a clockwork scythe for herself, made of the same near-indestructible inari metal as her bones.

Stats:
    Health: 10 [7+3]
    Speed: 5 [7-3+1]
    Power: 10 [4+1+1+4]
    Magic: 15 [10+5]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    JessWrite and Macaberz like this.