1. nobueno83

nobueno83 New Member

Trying to assimilate a book about the cult I was in

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by nobueno83, Jan 30, 2014.

Hey there folks. I have been producing a blog for several yeas about my experiences as a teen of living in a destructive, live-in dormitory cult... I had a writing partner who was about to start helping me put my thoughts into a form that would be like a novel...

I need help.. I want to get all my thoughts in one condensed place... Most importantly I need help with descriptive writing... My words lack depth often... Anywho... I tried posting in the section titled non-fiction, but it doesn't look like I can create a thread there, yet.

JH

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

if you go ahead with having a writing partner, do not let him/her write a single word till you have a good, tight collaboration agreement signed and sealed... the wga one is the best you can find and can easily be converted to work for books, instead of screenplays... i have a converted one that i use that i'll be glad to send you... if you go ahead without one, you'll be at serious risk of having major legal troubles down the line...

and in re trying to write it yourself, if having a mentor would help, i'm always just a mouse click away...

love and hugs, maia

3. Glacial

Glacial Member

I would take Maia up on her offer if that's the sort of thing that you are looking for. All her posts that I've seen in my short time here have been smart and informative. Best of luck with your writing!

4. JayG

JayG Banned Contributor

Let me ask you what steps you've taken to master the profession of writing novels? If the answer is none that may explain why you're having trouble organizing the story. After all, a novel is a collection of scenes, all working together to move the reader smoothly, and with growing excitement, from the inciting incident through the black moment, to the climax. And if you're not certain what a scene is, or how to manage one...