Tags:
  1. Elisandro

Elisandro New Member

Trying to come up with a name for a Kendo/Kenjutsu dojo (Preferably in Japanese)

Discussion in 'Research' started by Elisandro, Aug 20, 2017.

Hello...um...I guess the title of the thread sums up pretty much everything.

For those with strong knowledge about the Japanese culture (or any knowledge at all really, I'm not being selective here, I'm desperate, I'll take anything) please help me give a kenjutsu dojo in my story a proper name, in Japanese. It can mean anything, as long as it is positive. The dojo's name doesn't really have an impact on the story but I feel like if I leave it unnamed, it'll be like I was being extremely lazy (even though I'm writing for myself and not a widespread audience, I like to stay the top of my game...if that makes sense to anybody).

Please & thank you, all answers are highly appreciated.

Seraph751 likes this.
  2. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

ソードライト
    Sōdoraito
    Swordlight

CerebralEcstasy likes this.
  3. Elisandro

Elisandro New Member

Whoa, thanks! Sorry for responding so late!

Seraph751 likes this.
  4. CerebralEcstasy

CerebralEcstasy Active Member

Currently Reading::
    The 5AM Club, Robin Sharma
    I used to take Uechi Ryu or 上地流 (which is an Okinawan style of Karate) , anyhow, we used to count in Japanese when doing our forms. If I were writing such a story, I might name my dojo after one of these numbers. Do not use 4 or 9, as these are considered to be ill luck.