TV Shows

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Kratos, Aug 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Apparently a lot of really good talent has moved from Hollywood to television these days.

2. Historical Science

Historical Science Contributor Contributor

Okay, Money Heist deserves the hype. I just wish I paid more attention in Spanish class!

But seriously, this makes me want to learn Spanish.

3. Zeppo595

Zeppo595 Contributor Contributor

The Good Place is so funny and cheers me up on these horribly depressing days.

After my experience with starting slow with better call saul and then binging like a psycho, I'm not gonna be watching an extended drama any time soon. I hear only good things about Money Heist tho.

I would say that I really do wanna watch 'friday night lights' and 'six feet under' cos I think I would love them. But I'll save that and try to actually be productive for a while first.

4. Historical Science

Westworld season 3 was crazy!

5. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

I recently started watching Lilyhammer. I'd caught bits of it on the telly before, and decided it wasn't for me. Well, in short, I decided wrong. It's hilarious.

This is the story of an Italian-American mobster hiding out in Lillehammer, Norway. The guy is played by Steven Van Zandt, so it's basically a show about Silvio Dante from The Sopranos hanging out in rural Norway. Why wouldn't I watch that?

So yeah, it's surprisingly good. Funny as hell to see all these national stereotypes from an outside perspective. Norwegians are damn well goofy.

Moon likes this.
  6. TheOtherPromise

TheOtherPromise Senior Member

Currently watching Showtime's Penny Dreadful: City of Angels.

Interested to see how all the plotlines progress. Is it wrong that I'm currently most rooting for the romance between the corrupt politician, Townshend, and the gestapo agent, Kurt?

Oscar Leigh and Kinzvlle like this.
  7. Cilogical

Cilogical Banned

Did you ever watch 15 Storeys High?

8. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

Just Shoot Me The sitcom from the nineties? Yes.....I remember reruns as it as a kid and idk...it`s a weird time but its been like odd nostalgic comfort food.

ruskaya likes this.
  9. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Paramount ran a box set of Stephen Kings: Nightmares & Dreamscapes a couple of nights ago. Unfortunately I only managed to catch four episodes and missed my favourite (the toy soldiers terrorising William Hurt). I'll watch a couple of these tonight.

Xoic likes this.
  10. OurJud

Never heard of it.

11. Kinzvlle

Swapped back from Hulu to Netflix again and binged the whole second season of The Order in the last day, still a highly enjoyable show and even better on the second run.

love to read likes this.
  12. OurJud

Tried to watch a couple of these. Holy crap they’re awful! The toy soldiers one with William Hurt must’ve been a one-off.

13. Kinzvlle

Got backing into watching The Protector a Turkish Netflix show. Pretty good, campy/soap opera-ish at times but good and enjoyable. It`s originally in Turkish but dubbed to English and that can get...noticeable...at times. Some lines not matching with the visuals, and having subtitles on for it is interesting because they don`t always match with whats being said. Presumably having to do with words being changed from the original script and the pacing.

Could try just watching it with subtitles and without dubbing...dubbing was just the default when I got sucked into it. Shows good enough the sometimes weird dubbing doesn`t really both me much, and its only weird in certain places it`s mostly good. There is the "purist" argument but...we`ll see.

14. LadySilence

LadySilence Member

Started Perry Mason yesterday.
    Started the third season of Rita.

15. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

Started watching Tribes and Empires. It's a chinese fantasy, adventure drama and I can't believe how well made it is. You get sucked right in. It takes you there man! Woman! Child?

The cinematography is stunning, there is a plot (a good one at that) and the actors are professionals. They are not afraid to get rumbled and look natural. Pretty high budget. It's about 70 something episodes, but I mean it, it's binge watch worthy. I'm glad I found this because it's very relevant to what I've been writing. Or trying to... Anyhow... Good stuff! :supersmile:

ETA: NO! DO NOT START. I repeat: Don't watch this. What's the issue? Well, it only got cancelled and it never and will never continue. It paused at the utmost important part. My fucking god, I detest them. How could they do this? Hooow?!

To make things worse, this is an adaptation from a novel. I've been searching like crazy to find the novel translated in english only to find out that it hasn't been and most probably won't ever. I've been looking at least for an online translation and there is none. I've been looking for somebody, anybody, to at least tell me what happens after the part they stopped the production and nobody knows... Not even the writer... He quitted it! Ffs what the fuck? :supermad: Not at the part they stopped the production, but yeah... What's the point anymore?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  16. Malum

Malum Offline

I grieved over Mr Robot ending. Felt like i'd never follow a series like it again in my lifetime. I'd recommend it to anybody. My personal favourite series, although I'd place it below The Wire and The Sopranos in terms of artistic merit.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Malisky likes this.
  17. Historical Science

I recently discovered Lucifer and I'm glad I did.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  18. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    I just finished Season 4. No spoilers, but so far the show has its ups and downs in terms of my interest in it, but I've set it as my workout show. I only allow myself to watch it when I'm on the bike, treadmill, or elliptical at the gym (Netflix built into the monitors). It provides me with a degree of motivation and something to do while I'm working out.

Historical Science likes this.
  19. Historical Science

I can see that. It's a great I-had-a-long-day-and-want-to-lay-on-the-couch-and-watch-something-fun kind of show for me. Season 4 is when Netflix takes over? It seems the general consensus is that it gets even better under Netflix.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  20. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Honestly don't know the history, just needed a gym show. :)

21. Historical Science

I just found out that Netflix is not renewing The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance for a second season. This is tragic. I'm hoping another streaming company picks this up. Season 1 was a masterpiece.

22. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

I just finished The Queen's Gambit. Very good. I recommend it heartily to anyone with a passion for chess, but it's a great show even if you don't know or care about the game. Amazing production.

marshipan likes this.
  23. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

I started watching Evil yesterday while ignoring other responsibilities, and I almost finished the first season. I'm not saying that it's good, necessarily. But it kept my interest long enough to get pretty far into it in one day. The characters almost don't work together chemistry wise, and the actor playing one of the male leads I'm not sold on. He's the guy who plays Luke Cage. I loved him as Luke Cage, but as David Acosta, there's a bit lacking. The main female lead is also not hitting the mark for me. I don't know. They're good, but there's just something missing.

24. marshipan

marshipan Contributor Contributor

Oh yeah, I watched a bit of Evil. I'm not sure what I was expecting....I guess more crime drama, more gritty supernatural? I thought there was too much back and forth conversations about religion and I was confused by the female lead. Her character just didn't make sense to me. It was as if she didn't fit any of the roles she had. The nail in the coffin for me was I haaate when it feels like the writers are dragging their feet on plot progression and it came off that way to me.

25. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    I watched the first episode of The Wire last night. If it weren't lauded as a contender for the greatest TV show evah, I don't think I'd cue up episode 2.

This year I've finally cleared The Sopranos and Mad Men, so it's got some good competition in my headspace.

Night Herald likes this.